XBLA - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - 1200pts

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']1200 points, cant argue with that. i would have paid 1600, maybe even more.[/QUOTE]

I hate to admit it,but I wouldn't have minded paying 2000 points for it or maybe even more.

Do they have a demo of this out yet? I have never played it and don't have the 1200 points. So I would like to play some of it before I go and spend more cash on points in order to buy this.

This game would bring back lots of good memories, but I can't stand 2d arcarde fighter ports with a control pad, and I am not going to drop the $ to get real arcade controllers.

[quote name='thrustbucket']This game would bring back lots of good memories, but I can't stand 2d arcarde fighter ports with a control pad, and I am not going to drop the $ to get real arcade controllers.[/QUOTE]

Well if you trade in $50 worth of games on Amazon, you get 50% off games and accessories, including arcade sticks.

I'm going to get one of the real nice ones for about $10 out of pocket.

still sitting on my points for this game. I have a feeling im gonna be underwhelmed since I have been waiting 4 months+ for this release.
The dreamcast version works fine. I doubt people care that much about slightly updated graphics. Im in the boat where I would rather use my new 360 stick to play mvc2 instead of using my old dreamcast one.

[quote name='naiku']still sitting on my points for this game. I have a feeling im gonna be underwhelmed since I have been waiting 4 months+ for this release.
The dreamcast version works fine. I doubt people care that much about slightly updated graphics. Im in the boat where I would rather use my new 360 stick to play mvc2 instead of using my old dreamcast one.[/QUOTE]

I don't care about the graphics. I care about the online play, and that (even while I'm unemployed) I can afford $15, whereas I couldn't afford the prices the older releases of the game were going for.

A stick would be great, but I really can't afford one of those. Probably wouldn't save me from getting my ass kicked, anyway.

Gothic you should at least get a Madcatz FightPad then. It'd still improve your game a lot compared to the normal pad.

"As if millions of jack asses trying to sell their PS2 and Xbox copies for stupid profit suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

Have the DC version already, but can't wait for this! Now if only the 360 had a decent fight pad that didn't break as easily. :(

[quote name='eastx']Gothic you should at least get a Madcatz FightPad then. It'd still improve your game a lot compared to the normal pad.[/QUOTE]

qft!!!! If you can't play with a stick, and prefer using a pad. The fight pad is the best option. Oh, and 4 days left till MVC2!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[quote name='jman619']qft!!!! If you can't play with a stick, and prefer using a pad. The fight pad is the best option. Oh, and 4 days left till MVC2!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO![/QUOTE]

Are these any better now? Heard lots of folks saying theirs broke quickly. Mine broke after less than 1 week. :(

[quote name='howlinmad']Are these any better now? Heard lots of folks saying theirs broke quickly. Mine broke after less than 1 week. :([/QUOTE]

I got mine used off of a Cag. I've had it almost a month now. I don't use it a extreme amount,but I haven't had any problems with it so far.

I don't get the fightpad. In SF4, how do you hit the top 3 buttons to use some of the ultras? In MvC2, 1 of storm's moves requires 2 buttons that are diagonal from each other.

1 2 3
4 5 6

How do you push 2 and 4 at the same time without messing up? Either way, I already have a SF4 stick (not the TE one).

I'm really excited for this to come out, even though I'm worried not having a fight stick or fightpad will kill my enjoyment, since I'm not a particularly avid fighting game connoisseur (The last fightign game I played was MK vs DC).

[quote name='BlueScrote']I'm really excited for this to come out, even though I'm worried not having a fight stick or fightpad will kill my enjoyment, since I'm not a particularly avid fighting game connoisseur (The last fightign game I played was MK vs DC).[/QUOTE]

Same here. I might look into the pads down the road, but this will be the first fighting game I'm getting for my 360 (although that's mostly due to lack of money, rather than how I feel about the genre). I'm going to give it a go with the 360 controller, but honestly...even with a pad or stick, I'd probably get my ass handed to me anyway.

Do we know how the controls map on the 360 controller yet?

[quote name='Ayu255']I don't get the fightpad. In SF4, how do you hit the top 3 buttons to use some of the ultras? In MvC2, 1 of storm's moves requires 2 buttons that are diagonal from each other.

1 2 3
4 5 6

How do you push 2 and 4 at the same time without messing up? Either way, I already have a SF4 stick (not the TE one).[/QUOTE]

In SF4 you can assign buttons to hit all 3 punches or all 3 kicks. On the fight pad it's the left and right triggers.

@Ayu255: I hold the fightpad in my left hand normal while using my left thumb to control the pad. I use my right hand as if I were using the buttons on an arcade stick. It works well for me. I did it even on the stock 360 pad before I got the fight pad. Works well there too.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I would assume it would be the same as the Dreamcast version. Face buttons for punch/kicks and shoulders for assist.[/QUOTE]

Okay. I've only played the original MvC on the Dreamcast, and it's been a while. :)

I remember playing the crap out of MvC2 in my friend's basement. I could always beat friends locally, but judging by how I've performed against CAGs in HD Remix, I don't expect to be able to compete on this game, though it will be easier to get away with button mashing.

[quote name='Matt Young']I remember playing the crap out of MvC2 in my friend's basement. I could always beat friends locally, but judging by how I've performed against CAGs in HD Remix, I don't expect to be able to compete on this game, though it will be easier to get away with button mashing.[/QUOTE]

We should get a group of scrubs together for matches we might actually have a chance in. :lol:

I can win one-on-one against my friends, but I already know I'm going to get my ass kicked online. I just haven't had the practice.

[quote name='Link927']Ah, so many wasted hours on the Dreamcast. Cant believe its gonna come out in only a few more days[/QUOTE]

3 to be exact. I can't wait. I have a feeling I'm going to get raped online. People doing those infs for one thing...

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']We should get a group of scrubs together for matches we might actually have a chance in. :lol:

I can win one-on-one against my friends, but I already know I'm going to get my ass kicked online. I just haven't had the practice.[/QUOTE]

I'd be down for that. I'm not big on fighters but I loved all the MvC games. I'd get my ass waxed playing anyone good, I just loved playing as the characters.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']We should get a group of scrubs together for matches we might actually have a chance in. :lol:

I can win one-on-one against my friends, but I already know I'm going to get my ass kicked online. I just haven't had the practice.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in doing that. I have next to no experience at playing MvC 2 besides a handful of games on the Dreamcast.

[quote name='deszaras']I'd be down for that. I'm not big on fighters but I loved all the MvC games. I'd get my ass waxed playing anyone good, I just loved playing as the characters.[/QUOTE]

Same here. My usual strategy for MvC was to pick Ryu (because I've played enough Street Fighter to use him decently), Spider-Man (because I think he's cool), or Wolverine (ditto). That worked against my friends who'd pick Gambit

Let's put it this way: the extent of my MvC2 knowledge is that there is a God Tier, and I'm pretty sure Storm is a part of it. Other than that...nada. :D

Do any of the experienced players have any suggestions for those of us who are new to all of this? Any websites we should be reading, or tactics we should know? How do we learn to not suck?

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Same here. My usual strategy for MvC was to pick Ryu (because I've played enough Street Fighter to use him decently), Spider-Man (because I think he's cool), or Wolverine (ditto). That worked against my friends who'd pick Gambit [/QUOTE]

I usually just rotate out of which Marvel characters I like best and try to remember what combos I figure out on my own. I wish I was better at it to warrant getting a better pad for it but I should be able just having fun with the regular controller.

eh infinites aren't the issue since the damage is scaled. For example magneto's rom infinite does keep the player from doing anything but ure not gonna kill anyone with it since its very low damage (super jump >lk, lk> airdash df > lk, lk) Once you do a reset back into the rom....thats where u get the pain. Im not that good at the game but i did play with a lot of people that were. Storm Sent DHC is sick..like 80-100% damage? BLARG

Sadly its my finals this week. definitely going to be playing the hell out of it all next weekend. just will miss Wednesday and Thursday online gaming.

[quote name='decrot']i got a feeling that online is gonna make me hate this game[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you are talking about. It will be fun to get owned by people that use infs over, and over. *end sarcasm* I use to be good at the game,but as far as infs go when people start that I might as well give up.

I have a feeling that most of the players online will not be Shoryuken/Tourney caliber or use infs over and over. I don't get why people worry about this whenever a fighting game gets re-released with online play.

IGN just gave it a 8.7 which is great. They gave the ps3 one a 9.0. I'll have to read the review, and see why it wasn't the same. Either way I'm getting it on both, and I'm hyped more than ever.

[quote name='jman619']IGN just gave it a 8.7 which is great. They gave the ps3 one a 9.0. I'll have to read the review, and see why it wasn't the same. Either way I'm getting it on both, and I'm hyped more than ever.[/QUOTE]

I think they mentioned that the 360 version has a bit of a hangup at the start of some matches and during the character select screen.

[quote name='Megaten']I think they mentioned that the 360 version has a bit of a hangup at the start of some matches and during the character select screen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just read that. I'm so hyped about the game now I can't stand it. I shouldn't have read the review.

im freaking out....have a research paper due on thursday. I think im gonna stay up really late working on it and just play some mvc2 until i pass out. I bought a sf4 TE stick 4 months ago just for this game. UGH!!!!

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14269801/vs-capcom-next-gen/videos/marvel2_vdr_072709.html
*drool* 13hours to go!

Edit: Another reason to hate on the 60$ sf4. Why does the 15-20$ games get lobby mode arguably the best mode for a console fighter game.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back