XBLA - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - 1200pts

[quote name='decrot']i got a feeling that online is gonna make me hate this game[/QUOTE]

You should play with us guys that suck. That will make it less painful and I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'll have fun playing single player anyhow.

[quote name='deszaras']You should play with us guys that suck. That will make it less painful and I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'll have fun playing single player anyhow.[/QUOTE]
yea sure, add me.
i used to be good back in the DC days, but that was against regular people, not crazy nerds.

[quote name='deszaras']You should play with us guys that suck. That will make it less painful and I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'll have fun playing single player anyhow.[/QUOTE]
What's the single-player mode line-up like, anyways? Please tell me it more than just arcade and training modes.

[quote name='decrot']yea sure, add me.
i used to be good back in the DC days, but that was against regular people, not crazy nerds.[/QUOTE]

Mind if I add you too? I need friends who won't mind me sucking. :)

[quote name='naiku']Edit: Another reason to hate on the 60$ sf4. Why does the 15-20$ games get lobby mode arguably the best mode for a console fighter game.[/QUOTE]It's $20 at GameStop now, so I think I'm going to choose SF4 over this for my fighting game until Tekken 6 comes out. I'm not into fighting games too much, but I don't have one for 360 and I want to try to have a game for each genre. SF4 at $20 seems a better choice than this for $15. Most agree with that, right?

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Mind if I add you too? I need friends who won't mind me sucking. :)[/QUOTE]
you dont have to ask, just do it

[quote name='StickyWaffles']It's $20 at GameStop now, so I think I'm going to choose SF4 over this for my fighting game until Tekken 6 comes out. I'm not into fighting games too much, but I don't have one for 360 and I want to try to have a game for each genre. SF4 at $20 seems a better choice than this for $15. Most agree with that, right?[/QUOTE]

depends. Versus mode and playing with friends IRL is good stuff in SF4 but if you are playing the game alone and need to play it over XBL...hard to say. SF4 only allows you to vs 1 other person. not fun.
Lobby mode/quarter rooms are amazingly fun. I think it made sf2hdr last longer for me because I was able to play and watch others play in rotation.
Then again 20$ for sf4 seems about right. its a great fighter with more depth w/ FADC, ultra/revenge meters...but triangle jumps are hella fun!

Online Multiplayer will be horrible alot of people will destroy you, But as soon as Someone starts using INFINITE Combos that will be an immediate disconnect for me.

Which makes me wonder, WHY? MK vs DC, is laughed at and though to be bad, when it only has a few Infinite combos, but MvC2 is an amazing game, However MvC2 has dozens of INfinite Combo cheats. Of people keeping you air borne while dealing damage, and won't let you land.

[quote name='jman619']What time do they usually add everything? I assume its early in the morning,but maybe I'm wrong. I can't wait either way. Its so close now I can feel it![/QUOTE]

XBL usually updates at 2am PST, so that's when I and others should expect it to be up

[quote name='greyzieoriental']XBL usually updates at 2am PST, so that's when I and others should expect it to be up[/QUOTE]

5AM EST? I'll get it when I wake up - not in THAT big of a rush. :)

[quote name='Master Ninja']But as soon as Someone starts using INFINITE Combos that will be an immediate disconnect for me.
[/QUOTE]

Infinite combos are part of the game. thats why the damage is scaled. just like throw abuse in sf2hdr, camping awpers in cs, killing someone in 1GCD in wow, ringouts in soul caliber, what about rufus's ex mesiah kick > FADC > Ultra or Sagat's tiger uppercut > FADC > Ultra.

its not a cheat, throws dont let you do anything outside of the first frames which gives you damage. What about basic super abuse like Hyper Viper beam? you can combo that all day when slightly above the ground. thats not an infinite since it depends on a super meter but it will kill you. or sentials hp>rocket punch > special. it combos into itself until u run out of super meter.

Just because you made your own rules for the game and decided they aren't "legit" doesn't mean they are cheats. as you said it yourself Dozens of infinites are possible in this game. if you dont want to fight with them, dont but do not make up crap and say people are cheating because they are actually playing the full game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='naiku']Infinite combos are part of the game. thats why the damage is scaled. just like throw abuse in sf2hdr, camping awpers in cs, killing someone in 1GCD in wow, ringouts in soul caliber, what about rufus's ex mesiah kick > FADC > Ultra or Sagat's tiger uppercut > FADC > Ultra.

its not a cheat, throws dont let you do anything outside of the first frames which gives you damage. What about basic super abuse like Hyper Viper beam? you can combo that all day when slightly above the ground. thats not an infinite since it depends on a super meter but it will kill you. or sentials hp>rocket punch > special. it combos into itself until u run out of super meter.

Just because you made your own rules for the game and decided they aren't "legit" doesn't mean they are cheats. as you said it yourself Dozens of infinites are possible in this game. if you dont want to fight with them, dont but do not make up crap and say people are cheating because they are actually playing the full game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I don't see it :([/QUOTE] can't find it either. restarted the system, went to new arrivals, tried looking through all the arcade titles. blarg!

I dont know if I want this. I've routinely gotten my ass kicked by my friend at our university's arcade. But with my TE fight stick coming and SFIV, I'd be up for another fighting game before tekken comes.

Its just too frantic for me to keep up...I got slow reactions

I randomly woke up two hours early today and couldn't get back to sleep, so I figured I'd download MvC2.

I was *this close* to just taking a personal day. Awesome.

Played one match before I had to leave for work...noticed a little stutter/slowdown in the between-match screens, but nothing dealbreaking and during the actual matches, it is fine. Anyone else have that happen?

well I am downloading this tonight after work so please add me.

Cag name: darkkenpachi

xbox live: Kenpachiexodia

thanks guys. and sorry If I am not formatting properly to the add list

hope to get some good matches with some fellow CAGs.

I will also get this game on psn with the same name

Stoked for this!!! I have it on Dreamcast already, but after investing in a 2-player 360 arcade stick, it'll be totally worth it to own this version as well. I will enjoy fucking around with low-tier characters, since I was never a "serious" player anyway. And if I happen to get halfway decent at the game during that process, then so be it! Time to whip out my old $0.01 strategy guide that I found at a local Gamestop a few years back...

I beat it with Spidey, Cap and Iron Man and no Avengers Team achievement. :(

Also, I never really played part 2, what is the difference between both Wolverines?

Gonna take you for a ride!!!

Does this work like most arcade games, where you can play music on your 360 to replace the in-game soundtrack? It would be maddeningly funny if this was the one game where you couldn't do that. As... oddly charming as it was, the music in this game was weird as hell and I'd love to just swap it out for some techno music or something!

[quote name='masked lemon']AFAIK, Spidey is not an Avenger...[/QUOTE]

He's been a reserve member in the past, and is (was?) a New Avengers member.

Just bought it, and haven't had a chance to play it online. How is the online? I still love the game. It was worth 1200 points for sure I would have paid even more for it. xD

stayed up from 4am-7am playing online in quarter rooms. a lot of fun. I need to learn some low tier characters because i feel bad playing mag/sent/psylock when people are picking megaman or hulk. no lag online from what i can tell. Had one person disconnect on me I guess because mag/psylock slide > hypergraph shanangians. Also played a pretty defensive storm/sent/CapCom which rolled me.

Overall fun online jman. it must be using the exact same network code as sf2hdr because the only hiccup I got ingame was when someone DC'd from the match.

[quote name='naiku']stayed up from 4am-7am playing online in quarter rooms. a lot of fun. I need to learn some low tier characters because i feel bad playing mag/sent/psylock when people are picking megaman or hulk. no lag online from what i can tell. Had one person disconnect on me I guess because mag/psylock slide > hypergraph shanangians. Also played a pretty defensive storm/sent/CapCom which rolled me.

Overall fun online jman. it must be using the exact same network code as sf2hdr because the only hiccup I got ingame was when someone DC'd from the match.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I'm going to try it out soon.

add geshaw3 if you want someone who is pretty good playing casually.
By this I mean even if you are just ok there is a chance you could beat me.

This version has all the characters unlocked at the start, right?
What about alternate colors and stuff like that? Those aren't a big deal, but it bugged me when they just left out a lot of the little cosmetic unlockables in Puzzle Fighter HD Remix.

[quote name='BustaUppa']This version has all the characters unlocked at the start, right?
What about alternate colors and stuff like that? Those aren't a big deal, but it bugged me when they just left out a lot of the little cosmetic unlockables in Puzzle Fighter HD Remix.[/QUOTE]

All the characters are unlocked from the start with is a nice touch. I don't anything about the alternate colors or anything yet. I need to play it online already. ^_^

Bought this and played on easy. The first 3 matches I ran out of time :p. I assume that means I don't know how to do damage. I really like Jill and her dog/zombie attacks. Fun stuff.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, colors are unlocked too.[/QUOTE]Ahh, cool. I will miss having them as a "goal" of sorts, but at least there's achievements to fill that void. Obviously the multiplayer is the real draw here but I still like having a tangible excuse to plow through the arcade mode a few times.

Actually the achievements are gonna be more fun than that silly points system they used for the Dreamcast unlockables, so that's cool!

bread's done
Back