XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kidrocklive']Maybe it's just me, but this summer of arcade line up seems like the worst yet, unless I'm missing something.[/QUOTE]

Have you played any of those games?

Or were you hoping for them to release something you had played and wanted?

[quote name='thrustbucket']Have you played any of those games?

Or were you hoping for them to release something you had played and wanted?[/QUOTE]

Why be so obnoxious? Previous summer of arcade releases had been hyped and had more mass appeal. These have not achieved that with most gamers. It's not that hard to understand why people would be underwhelmed at least at first.

I'm looking into Bastion but could care less about the rest, honestly.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Have you played any of those games?

Or were you hoping for them to release something you had played and wanted?[/QUOTE]

I'm just basing off of the short trailer. Just doesn't seem appealing to me. Bastion I think it is looked kinda cool but the rest looked meh to me personally.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I'm just basing off of the short trailer. Just doesn't seem appealing to me. Bastion I think it is looked kinda cool but the rest looked meh to me personally.[/QUOTE]

i dunno, last years was awesome, the year before that was meh, imho. But I try, try, to refrain from judgment until I know more about the titles and/or reviews. Two or three sound good. But I stopped buying Summer games the past couple years because they always go on sale for half off in a few months in DOTW-unless the dotw is going to remain like the last month. :) It is too bad Ms. Splosion is not a part of the promo. Cool game.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']i dunno, last years was awesome, the year before that was meh, imho. But I try, try, to refrain from judgment until I know more about the titles and/or reviews. Two or three sound good. But I stopped buying Summer games the past couple years because they always go on sale for half off in a few months in DOTW-unless the dotw is going to remain like the last month. :) It is too bad Ms. Splosion is not a part of the promo. Cool game.[/QUOTE]

Are you in the beta for Ms. Splosion? I am and would be interested in playing with some peeps sometime.

As far as the summer of arcade goes, I felt 09 was the best but to each their own. I felt Shadow Complex was amazing, along with Trails HD and Splosionman. 2010 was great too with Limbo and Lara Croft. I agree on the sales and all. I guess it's good that none of the titles really scream "I WANT!", saves me money to get it when they're on sale lol.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Dotw is now live via xbox 360 dashboard. Everything is 50% off (Mw2 map packs are 600 ms points each, cod 4 variety map pack is 400 ms points, mw2 gas mask avatar item is 120 ms points) oh and cod 4 god is $19.99

Price drops for June are: Polar Panic 400 ms points and Aqua 400 ms points (both were 800 ms points originally)[/QUOTE]

Everything still shows full price for me, even the 2 price drops.
< Gold member (US)

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 weeks of not releasing XBLA games is due to the PSN situation. Nobody's wanting to release PSN games right now due to the Welcome back program giving away a bunch of games for free. XBLA releases and PSN releases are often tied to the same week, so it's possible that the games that would have come to XBLA this week also have PS3 versions and therefor must wait a little bit.

[quote name='eastx']I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 weeks of not releasing XBLA games is due to the PSN situation. Nobody's wanting to release PSN games right now due to the Welcome back program giving away a bunch of games for free. XBLA releases and PSN releases are often tied to the same week, so it's possible that the games that would have come to XBLA this week also have PS3 versions and therefor must wait a little bit.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense.

I prefer the 360 to PS3, but even I will probably be playing my PS3 more this week simply because of the freebies. If I was a publisher, I wouldn't want to release a game either.

[quote name='nCogNeato']Everything still shows full price for me, even the 2 price drops.
< Gold member (US)[/QUOTE]

Can't confirm that for you 100% since I already purchased them a long time ago, but here's a link to the MW2 items:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek

Call of Duty 4 games on demand isn't discounted on that link and neither is the gas mask avatar item so i'm guessing they're still working on that or it's a deal on the 360 dashboard only so check again.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Can't confirm that for you 100% since I already purchased them a long time ago, but here's a link to the MW2 items:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek

Call of Duty 4 games on demand isn't discounted on that link and neither is the gas mask avatar item so i'm guessing they're still working on that or it's a deal on the 360 dashboard only so check again.[/QUOTE]

lol the sale just kicked in! :cool:

Well the good news is I think the DotW has finally hit rock bottom. Worst deals in a loong time. Besides the fact that personally I couldn't give a crap about CoD map packs but that anyone who plays those games and wants the map packs has loong since bought them. Sure there are likely some CAGs that want them and that's great for them-and I am happy that some people will be able to take advantage of these sales but those are so few and far between I would imagine. They would make just as many sales if they put up a week of totally obscure titles that have been around forever and only the super cheap hold-outs like myself can wait forever to pick up on sale would buy. Can we please get a week like that? I'll bite in a heartbeat if Tempest would just drop to 200 points already!

....and it's not even the newest iteration of CoD - I might have bitten on Black Ops Zombie maps, maybe. I'm surprised they didn't try to push Modern Warfare 1's map packs instead..... or would that have been too obvious?

I think that companies want MS to slow down releasing games because of the PSN backlog. Most want to release their game on the same day on both networks so they can appeal to customers.

[quote name='JCNY23']I think that companies want MS to slow down releasing games because of the PSN backlog. Most want to release their game on the same day on both networks so they can appeal to customers.[/QUOTE]

It didn't stop them from finding games to release the whole time PSN was down, I'm not sure I buy this excuse.

[quote name='Althax']Mw2 is still verry active online so not a bad buy. Will last at least until the release of mw3 and possibly beyond if mw3 doesn't turn out well.[/QUOTE]

I've actually had more fun playing this in the last 2-3 weeks than Blops. Just bought the resurgence pack and seriously considering the other as well. Never had interest in them before but 50% is a buy in my book, 75% off would have been better but COD maps rarely if ever go on sale.

[quote name='Gabrius']....and it's not even the newest iteration of CoD - I might have bitten on Black Ops Zombie maps, maybe. I'm surprised they didn't try to push Modern Warfare 1's map packs instead..... or would that have been too obvious?[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Variety Map Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off

[quote name='biledriver']Previous summer of arcade releases had been hyped and had more mass appeal.[/QUOTE]

Really, really doubt they can get more mass appeal-age than Fruit Ninja.

I personally am hyped to beyond for From Dust. There's been awesome previews for that game and I was always under the impression it was a retail game.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']I personally am hyped to beyond for From Dust. There's been awesome previews for that game and I was always under the impression it was a retail game.[/QUOTE]

That's how I felt about Dead Island. I was under the assumption it was an XBLA game until I saw it at e3 this week. Really surprised. It's definitely on my radar now.

Isn't Sony doing a bunch of E3 sales? I mean MS does no special sales, no surprise E3 demos for us, no real surprise announcements (c'mon even before Halo 4 was leaked we knew it was coming), and on top of that only two June price drops for XBLA games. Seems like they just don't even care.

[quote name='JKSonic']Isn't Sony doing a bunch of E3 sales? I mean MS does no special sales, no surprise E3 demos for us, no real surprise announcements (c'mon even before Halo 4 was leaked we knew it was coming), and on top of that only two June price drops for XBLA games. Seems like they just don't even care.[/QUOTE]
They are back in the mode of being complacent and content with the position they are in. It will come back to bite them.

[quote name='JKSonic']Isn't Sony doing a bunch of E3 sales? I mean MS does no special sales, no surprise E3 demos for us, no real surprise announcements (c'mon even before Halo 4 was leaked we knew it was coming), and on top of that only two June price drops for XBLA games. Seems like they just don't even care.[/QUOTE]

Yea, when I saw Assassin's Creed 2 with the DLC for $10 on PSN I was pretty shocked.

Is this the third straight week with absolutely terrible sales? I'm not expecting some sort of sale like they did for April 1st, but at least drop a 800 point game or two to 400 points. Instead we get map packs for 4 year old games and DLC for games that you can get the GOTY for cheaper than 2 map packs on sale.

Can't believe this week was so neglected, no XBLA release last week, none this week (?), no E3 sales. Summer of Arcade seems to have lost its promotional rebates.

Damn you MS!

[quote name='WTFer']That's it? old COD deals? No new e3 deal like last years?[/QUOTE]

That's what I was checking this thread for. Oh well I guess I get to hold on to my $$$. I buy all the COD map packs as soon as they're released. I'd literally go insane if I waited for them to hit 50% off.

I'm actually glad there's no sales. We've been served with a ton of amazing sales over the past few months and I've been working on my backlog slowly, plus it's summer and I don't have as much desire to play since I'm out a bit more.
I know I'm only speaking for myself, but it's nice to have points tucked away instead of spending them to further create a bigger backlog

[quote name='harry hood']I'm actually glad there's no sales. We've been served with a ton of amazing sales over the past few months and I've been working on my backlog slowly, plus it's summer and I don't have as much desire to play since I'm out a bit more.
I know I'm only speaking for myself, but it's nice to have points tucked away instead of spending them to further create a bigger backlog[/QUOTE]

I think you're speaking for me as well. ;)

Man, the PSN sale is kicking the shit out of the XBLA sale. This is sad. The Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood DLC is already on sale half off there. I bet we have to wait at least another two months. smh Microsoft. They don't even seem to care or be trying at this point.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Man, the PSN sale is kicking the shit out of the XBLA sale. This is sad. The Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood DLC is already on sale half off there. I bet we have to wait at least another two months. smh Microsoft. They don't even seem to care or be trying at this point.[/QUOTE]
Xbox Live was also not down for a month.

[quote name='illennium']Feels like it's been ages since I bought an XBLA title. Oh well, still have a backlog of at least 30 until new deals come around.[/QUOTE]
I havn't bought anything since pac-man dx for 400 and x-men for 200. :shock:

At least I don't have to go out and buy points. :shame:

I just downloaded mtg:planeswalker off ps+ for free so i guess i'll go play that. (havn't played mtg since middle school 0_0)

[quote name='yukine']Xbox Live was also not down for a month.[/QUOTE]

Mostly because people pay as much as $60 a year for better security. If Xbox ever did go down due to hackers there are not many deals that would have saved them.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Man, the PSN sale is kicking the shit out of the XBLA sale. This is sad. The Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood DLC is already on sale half off there. I bet we have to wait at least another two months. smh Microsoft. They don't even seem to care or be trying at this point.[/QUOTE]
They just gave everyone a shit ton of amazing sales in the past 2 months! Talk about extreme overreaction..

[quote name='harry hood']They just gave everyone a shit ton of amazing sales in the past 2 months! Talk about extreme overreaction..[/QUOTE]

They have given nice sales, but i've wanted nothing in those sales so for me I would love to see some more sales.

[quote name='Kaltic']They have given nice sales, but i've wanted nothing in those sales so for me I would love to see some more sales.[/QUOTE]
Fair enough, I too have had quite a few games from the sales, but I've managed to snag a few things I've had my eye on.

To say they Microsoft doesn't care is silly though, especially with what I felt were TOO many things on sale at once, heh.
I'm sure they have a gameplan and they'll surprise us with something nice when the time comes. Some of their recent sales were unexpected, so it shouldn't be unreasonable to assume they could once again drop something cool on us.

[quote name='harry hood']They just gave everyone a shit ton of amazing sales in the past 2 months! Talk about extreme overreaction..[/QUOTE]
Well, I personally disagree. I haven't bought anything from their sales in probably 1-2 months or more. They had some really strong, great sales week after week before that, and then it started being a lot of sales with content on sale before, at the same price as before. Why put map packs for a game soon to be 4 iterations old on sale when there's a treasure trove of content that can be put on sale instead? How much content has yet to be put on sale before, especially more obscure games that could use the attention?

They went from doing really well to coasting for weeks, and this lack of any effort is disappointing to someone like me who was finally seeing them move towards a more Steam-esque pricing/sale spirit. I'm not overreacting, flipping tables and cursing their mothers. I'm just exasperated at a seeming lack of effort after they were doing so well.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Well, I personally disagree. I haven't bought anything from their sales in probably 1-2 months or more. They had some really strong, great sales week after week before that, and then it started being a lot of sales with content on sale before, at the same price as before. Why put map packs for a game soon to be 4 iterations old on sale when there's a treasure trove of content that can be put on sale instead? How much content has yet to be put on sale before, especially more obscure games that could use the attention?

They went from doing really well to coasting for weeks, and this lack of any effort is disappointing to someone like me who was finally seeing them move towards a more Steam-esque pricing/sale spirit. I'm not overreacting, flipping tables and cursing their mothers. I'm just exasperated at a seeming lack of effort after they were doing so well.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it's almost as if they just don't care and aren't putting forth any effort anymore. With the ammount of resources MS has this shouldn't be a problem, going two weeks without a new xbla title shouldn't happen. And E3 or not there should be people back at the office to actually coordinate some dotw. Throwing up some old COD maps last minute without even having the prices reflect right till later in the day is just lazy and this seems to be the upcoming trend with anything xbla related.

I don't think it's so much that they don't care (clearly they do, evidenced by their "really strong, great sales week after week"), but it's not the worst thing in the world to cool down in the beginning of summer.
It's ok if you're disappointed, but for me personally, I like this pace. My gaming time has cut down a lot since the weather started getting nice, and I was playing a bunch of the games from the sales before that, so I don't want to continuously be doing that.

I only buy XBLM items on sale. Since I joined XBL in 2006, the only full price items I've bought was the HydroThunder DLC, GoW2 All Fronts, and a Dark Knight picture pack (by accident).

I've spent more Microsoft Points in 2011 than I have any year prior ... and we still have 6 months to go. 4700+ points alone were spent during the flood of sales between March - April.

Microsoft has definitely been phoning it in these past few weeks, but that doesn't negate what they did earlier this year. And it certainly doesn't predict what they'll do later this year.

Until Microsoft decides to get it in gear, I'm enjoying the PSN Store. :cool:

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Exactly, it's almost as if they just don't care and aren't putting forth any effort anymore. With the ammount of resources MS has this shouldn't be a problem, going two weeks without a new xbla title shouldn't happen. And E3 or not there should be people back at the office to actually coordinate some dotw. Throwing up some old COD maps last minute without even having the prices reflect right till later in the day is just lazy and this seems to be the upcoming trend with anything xbla related.[/QUOTE]

Yea, like that's the first time that's happened :roll:

[quote name='gotdott']Yea, like that's the first time that's happened :roll:[/QUOTE]

So just because it's happened on more than one occasion makes it any less lazy on their part?

I spend a lot of points on these sales so I'm kind of glad I've had like a 2 month break with all of these sales lately. This weeks sale though? Yeesh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back