XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked on the dashboard and saw Costume Quest for 600msp (50% off) as the family deal. I didn't see it in the op, so sorry if its already been mentioned.

Glad there's no big sale this week. I didn't wanna spend all my cash. I was able to only use 20 bucks on the MK costumes and fatalities, and the AE add-on for SSFIV.

[quote name='Karkian']I just looked on the dashboard and saw Costume Quest for 600msp (50% off) as the family deal. I didn't see it in the op, so sorry if its already been mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad game I picked it up the last time it was on sale. Wish they would have put the DLC Grubbins on Ice on sale also.

[quote name='Karkian']I just looked on the dashboard and saw Costume Quest for 600msp (50% off) as the family deal. I didn't see it in the op, so sorry if its already been mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I added it to the OP

As a quick freebie, there is a free Windows Phone 7 avatar prop that you can get through the Laura Foy WP7 interactive ad in the dashboard - just select the tile that talks about keeping the phone.

Got the costume quest deal and it was a good lil game and im not a huge fan of rpgs. But the draw back is tha it is short took me about 5-6 hours to get 200 gameescore. Now do I wanna drop 400 more points for the dlc? Is the dlc very long? Enjoyable?

[quote name='Bradisback']Got the costume quest deal and it was a good lil game and im not a huge fan of rpgs. But the draw back is tha it is short took me about 5-6 hours to get 200 gameescore. Now do I wanna drop 400 more points for the dlc? Is the dlc very long? Enjoyable?[/QUOTE]
It's around 2-3 hours, not very long but I enjoyed it. Made the game as a whole feel more complete to me.

[quote name='Bradisback']Got the costume quest deal and it was a good lil game and im not a huge fan of rpgs. But the draw back is tha it is short took me about 5-6 hours to get 200 gameescore. Now do I wanna drop 400 more points for the dlc? Is the dlc very long? Enjoyable?[/QUOTE]

The DLC is equivalent to 1 "world" (ie. neighborhood, mall, carnival, etc.) from the main game. 2 hours is probably pushing it, but I enjoyed the game so much it was worthwhile to me.

I wonder what the sales numbers of the released arcade title(s) during the weeks of MS sales on previous arcade games and dlc? Did it hurt those game sales when games like X-men, unbound saga were very cheap? Only MS and the publishers know that info and I wouldn't be suprised if there were complaints that new released titles did poorly because of that.

[quote name='AC2k8']I wonder what the sales numbers of the released arcade title(s) during the weeks of MS sales on previous arcade games and dlc? Did it hurt those game sales when games like X-men, unbound saga were very cheap? Only MS and the publishers know that info and I wouldn't be suprised if there were complaints that new released titles did poorly because of that.[/QUOTE]

Good thing there were no new XBLA titles the last couple weeks for the sales to hurt. However, there may be some merit to that, because in the previous two years (my tenure on Xbox Live), the deals of the week tend to be somewhat weak durring the Summer of Arcade promotions just to put more focus on those singlar releases. The current drought has not been as bad as some I have gone through; I think I remember a week where just a Halo (3?) premium theme was 80MSP off and another week was just a singular avatar item (Gears 2). The current drought (for me) just makes me feel bad for buying an extended contiguous subscription to Gold, when I haven't taken advantage of it (but $30USD for a year's worth in a card seems like a bargain, and that is why I check this thread before I use my remaining cards, just in case my subscription falls to silver/free durring a weak period for DOTW ^^).

EDIT: Text above unchanged but I should qualify my statement, thanks to reddjoey's later post. Apparantly last year's Summer of Arcade deal were weak *for me* since I waited out for GOTY editions which bundled DLC, but those could be strong for others. However, since I do not remember the DOTW specifics of the year prior to last years, I only remembered they were weak *for me* as well.

BTW love this thread reddjoey

Last year Summer of Arcade was from 21 July to 18 August.

Here are the sales during that period:
7/19 - Assassin's Creed II DLC - Sequence 12: Battle of Forli, Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities, Sequence 13: w/ 3 Secret Locations (Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria Dei Frari, and the Arsenal Shipyard), Flying Machine (Avatar Prop), Guard Armor (Avatar Gear)
7/21-8/9 - Football Genius, Sensible World of Soccer (Destination Arcade DotW)
7/26 -Borderlands - Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, & The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned
8/2 - Forza 3 - AutoWeek Car Show Pack, Hot Holidays Car Pack, Jalopnik Car Pack, Nurburgring GP Track Pack, The Road & Track Car Pack
8/9-8/22 - Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, Return to Ostagar, Warden's Keep, Blood Dragon Red Avatar T-shirt (Female & Male) (lasted till 8/25)
8/23 - BioShock 2 -Rapture Metro, Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack, Rosie Big Daddy Outfit (Female & Male), Watchface Big Daddy Doll Prop (Wasn't "up" till 8/26)

So I wouldn't hold my breath for a stellar sale

[quote name='splintercell']As a quick freebie, there is a free Windows Phone 7 avatar prop that you can get through the Laura Foy WP7 interactive ad in the dashboard - just select the tile that talks about keeping the phone.[/QUOTE]

anyone else not finding this ad?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']anyone else not finding this ad?[/QUOTE]

It may no longer be live. I got the prop and a day later the ad stopped showing up for me.

At E3 Harmonix announced that they will be having a big Dance Central dlc sale in June, so I expect next week or the week after to be that.

Most will probably be disappointed, but I will probably pick up a few songs.

[quote name='eastx']It may no longer be live. I got the prop and a day later the ad stopped showing up for me.[/QUOTE]

....well that's stupid, they didn't get much advertising out of the ad then as I never even saw it lol ._.

[quote name='reddjoey']Last year Summer of Arcade was from 21 July to 18 August.

Here are the sales during that period:
7/19 - Assassin's Creed II DLC - Sequence 12: Battle of Forli, Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities, Sequence 13: w/ 3 Secret Locations (Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria Dei Frari, and the Arsenal Shipyard), Flying Machine (Avatar Prop), Guard Armor (Avatar Gear)
7/21-8/9 - Football Genius, Sensible World of Soccer (Destination Arcade DotW)
7/26 -Borderlands - Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, & The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned
8/2 - Forza 3 - AutoWeek Car Show Pack, Hot Holidays Car Pack, Jalopnik Car Pack, Nurburgring GP Track Pack, The Road & Track Car Pack
8/9-8/22 - Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, Return to Ostagar, Warden's Keep, Blood Dragon Red Avatar T-shirt (Female & Male) (lasted till 8/25)
8/23 - BioShock 2 -Rapture Metro, Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack, Rosie Big Daddy Outfit (Female & Male), Watchface Big Daddy Doll Prop (Wasn't "up" till 8/26)

So I wouldn't hold my breath for a stellar sale[/QUOTE]

The saddest thing about this list is I bought a lot of the DLC and I have only played the Borderslands stuff. I still have the Bioshock 2, DA:O, and AC:II DLC to do...BACKLOG!!! You are my bane...:bomb:

Are the MW2 maps worth my time and points? I'm tempted to get them just to complete the MW2 games I have and seeing how this game sells for so expensive still, I doubt a GOTY or a map pack bundle re-release will be happening soon. And it seemed like the DLC sold well enough that I can probably find people to play. I was online a few days ago and saw there were about 75,000 players to my surprise (and also to my surprise I was doing really well in a few short games I played ;)).

The game is definitely smoother than Black Ops on my PS3 though. I'm not sure if its just Black Ops or if the PS3 port of BlOps was sucky, but the frame rate in MW2's multiplayer seems to be consistent and always above 30 FPS.

I hope by August 23rd there will be more people with the DLC maps to play Bioshock 2 with. Just need the two achievements for playing and winning the DLC maps. They should really put Minerva's Den on sale again though. It completes the Bioshock and Bioshock 2 stories nicely.

[quote name='imacgod']Are the MW2 maps worth my time and points? I'm tempted to get them just to complete the MW2 games I have and seeing how this game sells for so expensive still, I doubt a GOTY or a map pack bundle re-release will be happening soon. And it seemed like the DLC sold well enough that I can probably find people to play. I was online a few days ago and saw there were about 75,000 players to my surprise (and also to my surprise I was doing really well in a few short games I played ;)).

The game is definitely smoother than Black Ops on my PS3 though. I'm not sure if its just Black Ops or if the PS3 port of BlOps was sucky, but the frame rate in MW2's multiplayer seems to be consistent and always above 30 FPS.

I hope by August 23rd there will be more people with the DLC maps to play Bioshock 2 with. Just need the two achievements for playing and winning the DLC maps. They should really put Minerva's Den on sale again though. It completes the Bioshock and Bioshock 2 stories nicely.[/QUOTE]

Those were last year's sales. That's not what's scheduled for this year.

[quote name='imacgod']Are the MW2 maps worth my time and points?[/QUOTE]
The second map pack has a map which takes place at a refinery. On that map there's a huge rock which most COD players know how to glitch themselves into the geometry of the rock itself. This allows them a great vantage point to shoot at others while it's almost impossible for others to shoot back at them. This was fixed on the PS3 version but I don't know if it was ever patched on the 360. Besides that one problem I found both map packs to be very enjoyable even at full price.

[quote name='imacgod']The game is definitely smoother than Black Ops on my PS3 though. I'm not sure if its just Black Ops or if the PS3 port of BlOps was sucky, but the frame rate in MW2's multiplayer seems to be consistent and always above 30 FPS.[/QUOTE]
COD games run at 60 FPS on the 360. IIRC MW2 ran around 45 FPS on the PS3 making the aiming a bit rougher. Maybe BlOps is the same.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Those were last year's sales. That's not what's scheduled for this year.[/QUOTE]

Ah. My bad. Guess I should've read that first sentence... :D

[quote name='Thrinn']The second map pack has a map which takes place at a refinery. On that map there's a huge rock which most COD players know how to glitch themselves into the geometry of the rock itself. This allows them a great vantage point to shoot at others while it's almost impossible for others to shoot back at them. This was fixed on the PS3 version but I don't know if it was ever patched on the 360. Besides that one problem I found both map packs to be very enjoyable even at full price.

COD games run at 60 FPS on the 360. IIRC MW2 ran around 45 FPS on the PS3 making the aiming a bit rougher. Maybe BlOps is the same.[/QUOTE]

I'm not too gung-ho about boycotting Activision, so I guess I should just pick them up especially at the price they are now. And I feel like going back into MW2 for some reason.

And I'll believe the Xbox version is technically superior theory. After reading several of the face off's on Digital Foundry, I think I only saw one or two games where the PS3 version was clearly superior. But something is definitely amiss comparing BlOps PS3 to MW2 Xbox when you're talking about frame rates.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Hmm, I was wondering if the Variety Map Pack (DLC) is included in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Game of the Year Edition)?...[/QUOTE]
Not unless it says so on the front cover.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Any word on tomorrow's deals?[/QUOTE]

Not sure but they're going to need to go all out to make up for the past two weeks of utter crap and nothingness.

XBL had that huge sale during E3 last year and nothing this year despite PSN doing a blowout sale.

Has anyone gone out to xbox.com lately and seen a separate L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass for free? Any idea what that's all about? I want to get the Rockstar Pass, but am not sure the difference between the two items...

It has been 1 1/2 months maybe a little more since i bought a sale item. I am a sucker for sale stuff but the stuff they put up is junk to me and most people or it has been put up a bunch of times already this year.

I been buying new released dlc at full cost just not the sale stuff for a long long time now. The rock band stuff was nice but i already had most of it and did not like the other pack.

My wallet needs a cleaning come on MS. :)

[quote name='B20Sandman']Has anyone gone out to xbox.com lately and seen a separate L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass for free? Any idea what that's all about? I want to get the Rockstar Pass, but am not sure the difference between the two items...[/QUOTE]

Wow really i am adding it to my queue before they remove it and hope to find out later what it is. :)

Link to Xbox site for the free pass.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...6c?noSplash=1&DownloadType=GameAddon#LiveZone

Ok the rockstar pass that is free is only a video.... There is good news the piano dlc is free i am not sure if it was always free or not but it is now.

[quote name='B20Sandman']Has anyone gone out to xbox.com lately and seen a separate L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass for free? Any idea what that's all about? I want to get the Rockstar Pass, but am not sure the difference between the two items...[/QUOTE]
Everything is the same except the size of the download and of course one is free. I'll try it and see what happens.

LA Noire Marketplace link

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Wow really i am adding it to my queue before they remove it and hope to find out later what it is. :)

Link to Xbox site for the free pass.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...6c?noSplash=1&DownloadType=GameAddon#LiveZone

Ok the rockstar pass that is free is only a video.... There is good news the piano dlc is free i am not sure if it was always free or not but it is now.[/QUOTE]

Oh, didn't see that it was a video download. My mistake. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up! :whistle2:#

[quote name='JKSonic']

XBL had that huge sale during E3 last year and nothing this year despite PSN doing a blowout sale.[/QUOTE]
Considering that Sony failed to have a store that worked at all for over a month I think we'll just call this one a wash

[quote name='imacgod']Yeah, the free maps token was a limited run, oddly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the free map pack code in that version was just for the first print run of the GotY edition in Summer 08. Even though the GotY version is still in print everywhere, Activision took out the code.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Man, you scared the crap out of me with that free Rockstar Pass nonsense I just bought it this morning and was going to fucking freak out lol.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that - the caffeine hadn't kicked in yet when I first looked at it. All I saw was the "free" button on the Rockstar Pass item - missed the video icon...

Ha! Couldn't agree with you more. But I think Activision believe they can milk it a little longer. And considering there were still 75,000 players last week on MW2, I might believe in my speculation (for comparison, I think Reach had about 175,000 players when I played last week. I guess everybody is playing BlOps or were diverted to the 30x XP event for Gears of War 2 that weekend. Normally I see about 250,000 on any given day for Reach anyway).

That's at least understandable, but why the SHAQ-FU are the CoD2 maps still original price? That makes absolutely no sense to me. I would purchase stuff that I would probably use once or twice if they played it smarter.... as it stands, they're leaving a ton of money on the table.

God I pray that microsoft has a good sale this week. I remember last year around this time they had some good ass sale where I was able to pick up Castle Crashers, TMNT Re-Shelled, and CastleVania SOTN all for 1600.

Does anyone know if there was a sale or a permanent price drop on Costume Quest? The reason I ask is because last night I was able to buy it off of the marketplace for 600 points instead of 1200. I didn't see any sale or anything announced about this, I just stumbled upon it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back