XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Deal of the Week: Dance Central Game Add-Ons

Major Nelson just posted info on the Dance Central deal this week.
http://majornelson.com/2011/06/14/deal-of-the-week/

This week, Xbox LIVE Gold Members can save on the following Dance Central content until Monday, June 20th.

Dance Central | Regular | Sale Price | Savings
Dance Central Marathon Pack (14 tracks) | 3360 | 1680 | 50%
Dance Pack 1 | 960 | 640 | 33%
Dance Pack 2 | 960 | 640 | 33%
Dance Pack 3 | 960 | 640 | 33%
Dance Pack 4 | 960 | 640 | 33%
I Gotta Feeling | 240 | 160 | 33%
Heard Em All | 240 | 160 | 33%
Straight Up | 240 | 160 | 33%
Word Up | 240 | 160 | 33%
Weapon of Choice | 240 | 160 | 33%

I've been out of the Xbox loop for a while, so forgive me.

Is 400 MSP the normal price for Burnout Paradise DLC, or is it all on sale this week? Last I checked (nearly a year ago), it was all 800-1200 MSP each.

[quote name='jdawgg76']While I agree with both points of the first paragraph about forza being on sale before and more/other racing games should be included, I have to disagree with the second. It's not a monumental sale, but Big Surf Island has NEVER been this low as before its price drop it's sale price (which occurred once or twice at most) was it's current regular price. That's a real bargain on it. Plus, no NFS:HP stuff has been on sale before. It could include more stuff from NFS:HP/Burnout Paradise or other games like Shift or Grid, but at leaast a few new items are on sale and it's not a total rehash.[/QUOTE]

While true, Burnout Paradise is a pretty old game at this point, it came out in '08...so really the DLC should probably be at this price by now. It's hard to justify it as a bargain JUST because it's never been on sale this low. For me that's like if BB put Burnout Paradise itself on sale for $15...umm ok kinda cool but for a game that old?...really?

I think one of the dumbest things that MS has always done with DLC is how they do the pricing. Random stuff drops while other stuff never does...then three years down the line they put it on sale. DLC should drop at a rate directly associated with the any MSRP drops to the full retail game.

I probably would have gotten Days of Thunder for 120 points, no way in hell I'm spending 400 points.

Might bite on that Johnny Cash pack, but overall, but not much for me this week.

I really hope this is the return of double sales. I first checked xbox.com and was immensely disappointed that it's Dance Central week. Then I checked this thread and you guys all say it's race week which got my hopes up. Especially for a 120 point arcade game.

The picture shows Snooopy Avatar stuff but it says Days of Thunder below and it links off to Days of Thunder as well but it's 400 points. I got all excited for nothing. Are either of the two games on sale worth picking up? If memory serves they are both fairly new releases so this might be the first time they have gone on sale. Scrap Metal defintely looks like my kind of game but I'm thinking it's my kind of game at 400 points not 600 and well Days of Thunder shot itself in the foot when it advertised 120 and rang up 400. :(

I'm thinking there's a very good chance that they will get my points for Scrap Metal simply because I'm starving for a new arcade game and refuse to pay full price even if they are clearly worth it like Outland. Man that one is still tempting me.

Man I wish they'd put the Lambo Countach NFS:HP DLC on sale! Anyone already own the Armed & Dangerous pack and think it's worth the sale price?

Bummer about the DoT price false report.

Argh, I played through Burnout on my PS3 forever ago. I've thought about rebuying for the 360 a few times in the past, and this Big Surf Island sale might just be the thing that finally makes me do it. I'm just dreading getting 8 people together again for some of those chievos. Is anyone even playing it any more?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Dashboard double deal. If you go to the deals section there's a seperate racing games tab from the current DotW.[/QUOTE]

And my lack of access to the dashboard explains my confusion.

Thank you.

Another useless (to me) DotW. Weak. Sauce.

P.S. Bought Scrap Metal when it was a deal with buy so many games get whatever back (I don't remember) but it was fun. Reminded me of the Racing game on NES that you could shoot missiles at the cars and hit oil slicks. Def fun and a fairly easy 200 GS if you put the time into it.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Another useless (to me) DotW. Weak. Sauce.

P.S. Bought Scrap Metal when it was a deal with buy so many games get whatever back (I don't remember) but it was fun. Reminded me of the Racing game on NES that you could shoot missiles at the cars and hit oil slicks. Def fun and a fairly easy 200 GS if you put the time into it.[/QUOTE]

If you are referring to Rock n Roll Racing, that was game was great and now my interest is peaked.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']And my lack of access to the dashboard explains my confusion.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I was in the same boat until I checked the dashbord.

This is rediculous. WHERE ARE ALL THE GOOD DEALS?!

I must admit, however, if I had Dance Central the "Marathon Pack" woul be a great deal at over $20 off!

The Rock Band stuff is still missing from the dashboard, they seem to be Non-Gold deals thou.

Also the Dance Central Gold DotW will be available to all from Friday on.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'm thinking there's a very good chance that they will get my points for Scrap Metal simply because I'm starving for a new arcade game and refuse to pay full price even if they are clearly worth it like Outland. Man that one is still tempting me.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the points on a discount? If so, you aren't really paying full price.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']P.S. Bought Scrap Metal when it was a deal with buy so many games get whatever back (I don't remember) but it was fun. Reminded me of the Racing game on NES that you could shoot missiles at the cars and hit oil slicks. Def fun and a fairly easy 200 GS if you put the time into it.[/QUOTE]

R.C. Pro-Am?

Im a little confused here. I go to the items from Hot Pursuit and Scrap Metal but it just says a price, no mention that its a Gold price or whatever. Looks like a standard price to me. I know its been said its a dashboard deal but I thought it would still say 'sale price' next to the regular price.

[quote name='Bloomy']Did you get the points on a discount? If so, you aren't really paying full price.[/QUOTE]

I did. I also have some reward points. Still full price is full price whatever I paid for the points. If I spend the full 800 for Outland for example that's 400 points more than I would have when it goes on sale for 400 and I could have used those 400 extra points on something else. This is my dilemma.

So I haven't played LA Noire yet, but it seems like it could be pretty cool. I suppose the big draw is the story/facial animations.
I was debating buying the Rockstar pass today, but I was hoping someone could convince me or offer any type of insight to the game/dlc. I was mostly just interested in the DLC cases. Are they integral to the story, do they add anything, are they still fun regardless?
Fwiw, I likely won't get LA Noire until a month or so from now.

I'd buy it while it's still 800 because it's one of those things you're going to end up buying anyway.

Not got around to the cases myself yet but hey, they have cheevos! : D

I don't think I'd buy them anyway and I don't care too much about achievements. Are these just add on cases, or do they prolong the story at all?

I've only played one of the DLC cases so far, but it seemed pretty much just like any other case.

I like the game a lot, but it is quite repetitive... and there are a lot of cases already. If you don't even own the game yet and are willing to wait a bit longer for further price droppage, I wouldn't sweat the $2.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I did. I also have some reward points. Still full price is full price whatever I paid for the points. If I spend the full 800 for Outland for example that's 400 points more than I would have when it goes on sale for 400 and I could have used those 400 extra points on something else. This is my dilemma.[/QUOTE]

We are kindred spirits you and I.

"Sure, I got the points for 1/2 price... BUT spending 800 now when it'll be 400 later... will I actually BEAT it before it goes on clearance?"

[quote name='radioactivez0r']If you are referring to Rock n Roll Racing, that was game was great and now my interest is peaked.[/QUOTE]

Love Rock n Roll Racing. One of my favorite SNES games and didnt realize it was made by Blizzard.

[quote name='rogus']Ummm Days of THunder shows up as 400 points. Where is it only 160?[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was going to ask.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I've only played one of the DLC cases so far, but it seemed pretty much just like any other case.

I like the game a lot, but it is quite repetitive... and there are a lot of cases already. If you don't even own the game yet and are willing to wait a bit longer for further price droppage, I wouldn't sweat the $2.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I think I'll pass on it and maybe wait for the cases to go on sale during the winter or sometime next summer. I don't mind waiting, sometimes it's fun to revisit a game.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']"... will I actually BEAT it before it goes on clearance?"[/QUOTE]

The answer for me is always "No".

I have such a comicly long list of backlogged XBLA & retail games that I know I'll never play something before it goes on sale (twice). :lol:

This is why I never buy anything unless it's on sale. And even then, I usually won't by something unless it's 50% off. You never know if a 33% sale won't become a 50% sale 6 months later. :cool:

/cheapbastard

Can anyone not puchase anything on XBLA right now? I tried getting Costume Quest for 600 points and it sends me to an error page.

I'm seeing Dance Central DLC as deal of the week.
Which is fine since we just got a Kinect, but I wanted to confirm with OP that they are getting the same thing.

Here's what major nelson's blog says:

Dance Central Regular Sale Price Savings
Dance Central Marathon Pack (14 tracks) 3360 1680 50%
Dance Pack 1 960 640 33%
Dance Pack 2 960 640 33%
Dance Pack 3 960 640 33%
Dance Pack 4 960 640 33%
I Gotta Feeling 240 160 33%
Heard Em All 240 160 33%
Straight Up 240 160 33%
Word Up 240 160 33%
Weapon of Choice 240 160 33%

[quote name='nCogNeato']This is why I never buy anything unless it's on sale. And even then, I usually won't by something unless it's 50% off. You never know if a 33% sale won't become a 50% sale 6 months later. :cool:[/QUOTE]

This is why I haven't bought PvZ. 800 points (33% off) is a bone of a discount and I won't pay it. Now if they sell it for 400 points before I can score a cheap copy of the disc version I'll probably bite.

Days of Thunder was a horrible game. I think I'll pass on it even at 400. 160 I probably would have still debated on it.
Think I'll get the marathon pack. i got a good deal on 4000 point cards awhile back and haven't purchased anything in a couple months.

So last week I got the SE add-on for SSF4 and wanted a Dlc for NFS HP and of course o get the sports cars which is now on sale lol.

[quote name='Logg']So last week I got the SE add-on for SSF4 and wanted a Dlc for NFS HP and of course o get the sports cars which is now on sale lol.[/QUOTE]

Thats what happened to me with the crackdown 2 DLC when it was on sale last time. I got it 1 day before it was announced it would be on sale.

Hmmm, I haven't really looked at the Dance Central DLC before, what is the normal price for a song? Because those look pricey as hell for being the 'Deals' of the Week. That 14 song pack looks good, but not at that price at all.

[quote name='Shadowiii']I'm seeing Dance Central DLC as deal of the week.
Which is fine since we just got a Kinect, but I wanted to confirm with OP that they are getting the same thing.

Here's what major nelson's blog says:

Dance Central Regular Sale Price Savings
Dance Central Marathon Pack (14 tracks) 3360 1680 50%
Dance Pack 1 960 640 33%
Dance Pack 2 960 640 33%
Dance Pack 3 960 640 33%
Dance Pack 4 960 640 33%
I Gotta Feeling 240 160 33%
Heard Em All 240 160 33%
Straight Up 240 160 33%
Word Up 240 160 33%
Weapon of Choice 240 160 33%[/QUOTE]

ffffuuuu_RE_Rule_34-s513x387-102645-580.jpg

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Hmmm, I haven't really looked at the Dance Central DLC before, what is the normal price for a song? Because those look pricey as hell for being the 'Deals' of the Week. That 14 song pack looks good, but not at that price at all.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Marathon Pack - Various is the best deal for Dance Central out of this Deal of the Week as long as you do not already own any of the songs. It works out roughly to 120 Microsoft Points per song. I bought 4 songs out of the 14 available, and I still consider it a decent deal at roughly 168 Microsoft Points for 10 new songs.

My dilemma is currently choosing between buying the Marathon Pack - Various and getting 10 new songs for 1680 MSP or buying Dance Pack 01 - Various, Dance Pack 04 - Various, and "Straight Up" - Paula Abdul for 1440 MSP (9 new songs).

Any CAG's have any advice on this? :) Thank you in advance.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Im a little confused here. I go to the items from Hot Pursuit and Scrap Metal but it just says a price, no mention that its a Gold price or whatever. Looks like a standard price to me. I know its been said its a dashboard deal but I thought it would still say 'sale price' next to the regular price.[/QUOTE]

This is how sales to silvers/free look like. They are on sale to all members.

[quote name='Jabrim']Need to update the OP, Costume Quest is at 1200 points, apparently the 600 points was a mistake and has been reset.[/QUOTE]

This was not a mistake it was the family deal of the month it ended today.

Probably going to pick up the marathon pack for Dance Central. I have 3 of the songs, but for the price not going to get any better.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This is why I haven't bought PvZ. 800 points (33% off) is a bone of a discount and I won't pay it. Now if they sell it for 400 points before I can score a cheap copy of the disc version I'll probably bite.[/QUOTE]

When KMart ran the deal on the disc version $10 coupon... I figured that was my best bet. No need to have it on the hard drive....

And yes, my question was rhetorical --- I seldom beat the game(s) before they go on sale. My backlog is similarly comical.

Grabbed Marathon Pack. I haven't bought any DC1 dlc, and I figured I'm ready for some new dances.
Probably won't buy any more until DC2, though. Hopefully all the DC1 DLC supports two player, or my wife is gonna be piiissseeeddd....

Also that Johnny Cash pack is super tempting. Hmm...TAKE ALL MY MONEY HARMONIX.

Though I'll need 800 pts on my account for half minute hero on the 29th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back