XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the gamertag change is on sale in the UK for 560 points. Not sure if it's US as well. Changing the link to a US one doesn't work, but the DotW stuff isn't up on xbox.com so that might not mean anything.

link

[quote name='Cornelius']List is up, but still missing prices, and there's some pretty HEAVY titles & DLC ... http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/Shocktober-Games-Week-One[/QUOTE]

I guess the prices haven't changed yet, though. It's just a list of horror-themed stuff, lol.

Edit: Nevermind, no price changes it seems:
[quote name='xbox.com']Shocktober on Xbox LIVE is fright done right. We're pulling together the very best in scary entertainment you'll need to see the witching hours through. Light up the night with two weeks of thrilling and chilling games, avatar accessories, themes and more.[/quote]

[quote name='nCogNeato']Awesome! Thanks for the catch![/QUOTE]

You're welcome.;)

[quote name='Coltin']I guess the prices haven't changed yet, though. It's just a list of horror-themed stuff, lol.

Edit: Nevermind, no price changes it seems:[/QUOTE]

I think there is a price drop. It is listed as a sale "Shocktober Savings - up to 50%" on Major Nelson's Blog.

I might grab Bloodrayne and PVZ if they are 50% off.

[quote name='Coltin']
Edit: Nevermind, no price changes it seems:[/QUOTE]

Oh lame, I'd totally buy Bloodrayne and Vampire Smile at a discount.

[quote name='louiedog']I picked up that table when it was free but didn't have Pinball FX. It didn't unlock in Pinball FX2.[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it. LOL
Same here

The DotW's are pathetic now. Just the same crap over and over again. At least we're getting these "other" sales, like the Bethesda sale and arcade deals a few weeks ago.

[quote name='biledriver']So "Shocktober" vagueness aside, this week's deal is literally just Halo Reach DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']So I guess Shocktober is just Microsoft promoting some horror-themed games with no actual sales?

Bummer.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure there will be sale prices, but they just haven't updated them yet. Check back later on.

Costume Quest is great fun. I paid full price and it was worth it. I wish they'd put the DLC on sale, but maybe I'll splurge and buy it now anyway, especially since Trials Evolution isn't coming until 2012. :( :( :(

I have no idea anymore. The text for the standard Shocktober doesn't imply any sale, but the Shocktober Family one implies that there is:

Got little ones at home? You can still enjoy Shocktober with great deals on these family favorites.

[quote name='crunchewy']Costume Quest is great fun. I paid full price and it was worth it. I wish they'd put the DLC on sale, but maybe I'll splurge and buy it now anyway, especially since Trials Evolution isn't coming until 2012. :( :( :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, Costume Quest is a great game. I've also been holding out for Grubbins on Ice to be on sale. Too bad it isn't. Unless they decide to add it to next week's Shocktober sale. I assume there will be a new list for week two.

Last time they had a sale on Costume Quest it was 600 MSP. Most likely it'll be the same this time.

[quote name='reddjoey']
10/26 - 11/1 - Pinball FX2

DLC:
-Paranomal Table - FREE - 100% off (after 11/1 it will be 240 Microsoft Points)[/QUOTE]

When I first read this, I thought my prayers were answered for a sale on all FX2 tables. But I'll take a free table!

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']When I first read this, I thought my prayers were answered for a sale on all FX2 tables. But I'll take a free table![/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I had to find a way to stick that bit of info in there so people don't miss it.

I'm so grateful for some kind of Pinball FX sale that I'll take a free table with no complaints. I'm THIS close to actually buying the tables full price though and I know the day that I do they'll be on sale the following week.

[quote name='reddjoey']Sorry, but I had to find a way to stick that in bit of info in there so people don't miss it.[/QUOTE]

No prob. I appreciate all the time and effort you put into updating this thread. I just got excited when I first saw "Pinball FX2."

[quote name='metallicoholic']I'm so grateful for some kind of Pinball FX sale that I'll take a free table with no complaints. I'm THIS close to actually buying the tables full price though and I know the day that I do they'll be on sale the following week.[/QUOTE]

This. LOL!

[quote name='metallicoholic']I'm so grateful for some kind of Pinball FX sale that I'll take a free table with no complaints. I'm THIS close to actually buying the tables full price though and I know the day that I do they'll be on sale the following week.[/QUOTE]

I finally caved a couple weeks ago and bought the Captain America and Marvel tables and I don't regret it one bit. This is coming from someone who never buys XBLA games at full price. A friend was over and convinced me to buy them, I've been playing the Captain America at least an hour or two a day now. Definitely money well spent.

I have all the Marvel tables so far in PBFX2 and they have been soooo worth it. I'm buying the new Marvel 4 pack on day 1. So far only Ghost Rider and X-men have been revealed. A free table is going to make my wife happy. We play The game handing the controller back and forth. Good stuff.

[quote name='reddjoey']Not sure why, but I am full of typos and grammatical errors lately.[/QUOTE]

It is Fall and the Holidays are coming. It happens.

... It could also be three consecutive losses to three ranked teams ... but idk. :whistle2:#

There are far too many repeat sales. I'm getting sick of seeing stuff at the same prices that we've already seen it at. How about discounting some new stuff or at least lowering more than last time.

[quote name='Narsis84']It is Fall and the Holidays are coming. It happens.

... It could also be three consecutive losses to three ranked teams ... but idk. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

To be fair, two of those teams are in the top 2.

Other factor(s):
starting QB was injured during the AL game and is out (might play 10/29)
started our 3rd string Freshman QB vs LSU
started our 2nd string Freshman QB vs Auburn
new coach and new offense

It's all good, we can't win them all, but we can still pull out a winning season.

[quote name='reddjoey']To be fair, two of those teams are in the top 2.

Other factor(s):
starting QB is injured and out (might play 10/29)
started our 3rd string Freshman QB vs LSU.
started our 2nd string Freshman QB vs Auburn
new coach and new offense

It's all good, we can't win them all, but we can still pull out a winning season.[/QUOTE]

I know. Just messign with you. Maybe venting my own frustration with USC. We lost to Auburn with everything still intact. However, Garcia shouldn't have played this year. Also, Lattimore is out for the season.

Plus, my wife is a huge Clemson fan and I have to hear it about it all day, every day(from the kitchen of course, its not like I let her in the living room to watch the games).:lol:

Would bite at 600 for Bloodrayne and 400 for Vampire Smile. I'd recommend Adventures of Shuggy at full price (which I paid for it during the Summer sales drought) so if that drops to 400 I expect everyone on CAG to get it.

Bloodrayne isnt on sale. Who keeps posting that. The only two arcade games that are on sale for the shocktober thing is castlevania HOD and zombie acoplypse (screw spelling).

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Bloodrayne isnt on sale. Who keeps posting that. The only two arcade games that are on sale for the shocktober thing is castlevania HOD and zombie acoplypse (screw spelling).[/QUOTE]

It's just the screwy way they rolled out this deal. Well that and people hopeful that they are getting more than just crappy single game DLC sales for two weeks straight LoL

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Bloodrayne isnt on sale. Who keeps posting that. The only two arcade games that are on sale for the shocktober thing is castlevania HOD and zombie acoplypse (screw spelling).[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of us are hoping (probably futilely) that these games they have posted under Shocktober are going to be on sale, because the site says:

"Leading up to Halloween, we've got two weeks full of special deals on games, add-ons, avatar gear, dashboard themes and other downloads from Xbox LIVE. Be sure to check back for the latest deals!"

and Major Nelson's site lists it as Shocktober Savings up to 50% off. I guess we're hoping Microsoft isn't trolling us by only offering 2 games on sale besides the Halo DLC and DR next week...

If you go to the Shocktober main page on xbox.com, it states that "there will be two full weeks of sales on games, add ons, themes, etc" Plus when you click the link for the shocktober sales, it takes you to Bloodrayne, Blops map packs, Limbo, etc. But they're all regularly priced right now.

Seems like someone at MS hasn't flipped the switch yet for the deals as the main page says

EDIT: ninja-ed due to my lame phone. Urgh

Hm I didnt know that they would also add other things. Ive seen the ad on the dashboard and only those 2 games that I posted are the only 2 on sale. Hopefully you guys are right about other stuffed getting added to the sale espically Dead Space 2 DLC (Severed more importantly)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Hm I didnt know that they would also add other things. Ive seen the ad on the dashboard and only those 2 games that I posted are the only 2 on sale. Hopefully you guys are right about other stuffed getting added to the sale espically Dead Space 2 DLC (Severed more importantly)[/QUOTE] Well, its weird cause when you see the Dead Space 2 box art, it doesn't state if it's the dlc or it's the actual game itself on sale. It's even missing the price on the right so you really can't tell if its GOD or dlc....only time will tell I guess

Man, this wait is taking FOREVER.....

[quote name='Dustinator']
Man, this wait is taking FOREVER.....[/QUOTE]

I agree. The longer I wait, the more I feel like these WONT be discounted and that MS is just spotlighting them because they're "spooky" and "halloween-related"...

[quote name='tylerh1701']I agree. The longer I wait, the more I feel like these WONT be discounted and that MS is just spotlighting them because they're "spooky" and "halloween-related"...[/QUOTE]

They do that atleast 85% of the time. I can see maybe 1-2 BO dlc maps to go on sale with MW3 just around the corner but it looks like only those 2 are going on sale and the rest is just for show.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']They do that atleast 85% of the time. I can see maybe 1-2 BO dlc maps to go on sale with MW3 just around the corner but it looks like only those 2 are going on sale and the rest is just for show.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, i think you are correct.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']They do that atleast 85% of the time. I can see maybe 1-2 BO dlc maps to go on sale with MW3 just around the corner but it looks like only those 2 are going on sale and the rest is just for show.[/QUOTE]

Hell, I would take that at this point. I just want something new to go on sale.

Costume Quest needs to go on sale soon! I skipped it on purpose last time it went on sale thinking it'll go on sale again this Halloween, for the same price or cheaper. It wouldn't feel right playing that game on any month other than October.

[quote name='Cornelius']The "Buccaneer" table was free for "Pinball FX" for at least 6+ months until Pinball FX2 came out. That was an easy time to pick up a free (full) table. :)[/QUOTE]
I didn't have an xbox then. :cry:

[quote name='Narsis84']I know. Just messign with you. Maybe venting my own frustration with USC. We lost to Auburn with everything still intact. However, Garcia shouldn't have played this year. Also, Lattimore is out for the season.

Plus, my wife is a huge Clemson fan and I have to hear it about it all day, every day(from the kitchen of course, its not like I let her in the living room to watch the games).:lol:[/QUOTE]

I feel this to be a very necessary time for a ROLL TIDE!

[quote name='Guest Number 2']Costume Quest needs to go on sale soon! I skipped it on purpose last time it went on sale thinking it'll go on sale again this Halloween, for the same price or cheaper. It wouldn't feel right playing that game on any month other than October.[/QUOTE]
Check the "Shocktober Family" sale ... it's in there, but not yet sale-priced, and sadly the DLC isn't included in the promo.

Still waiting for those sale prices to kick in, but if anyone's on the fence about the mappacks, I'd say go for it. They're not going to be any cheaper (look @ Halo 3's mappack prices/sales), and they're not going to be included on Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, and you know a Platinum Hits version of Reach is more or less out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back