XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BobbyTastic']Still waiting for those sale prices to kick in, but if anyone's on the fence about the mappacks, I'd say go for it. They're not going to be any cheaper (look @ Halo 3's mappack prices/sales), and they're not going to be included on Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, and you know a Platinum Hits version of Reach is more or less out of the question.[/QUOTE]

They will probably go on sale again. Hell Halo 3 maps went on sale twice this year and that game came out to me ages ago.

After that cruddy demo I wouldn't buy Bloodrayne for 400 pts. What a horrendous disappointment.

Wayforward, you have done nothing but fail me. Never make another game again.

Folks ... all of Xbox Microsoft's marketing attention is on the Kinect event tonight, and from knowing them "intimately", XBLA's Marketing will NEVER step on a 1st-party Xbox console event with a fringe XBLA sale. Have you noticed no advance promotion, so unlike the Summer of Arcade? To Marketing, sales are viewed as a necessary evil to keep the CORE gamers satisfied, draw interest from the less knowledgeable, and not something they actively monitor, except in projected vs. actual revenue, and volume of new sales vs. prior history ... case in point, rehashing the same item over & over & over again. They aren't Steam. They aren't GoG. They aren't even EA's Origin. They're Microsoft, and they own the closed ecosystem.

Thankfully, the facts are this:
1) We're in a sale period according to the Major, who's off covering a high-profile event for Kinect.
2) We have a webpage up with 2011 games but not advertised on the front-page.
3) We have Z.A. advertised on the dashboard but still regular price.

Yes, there will be a sale, but until Marketing wants to pull the trigger, you'll just have to hold onto your points until it materializes.

[quote name='rey6eric']It was pointed out in the Points thread that amazon has 4000 MSP @ 31.32.

Just wanted to give everyone here a heads up[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Just bought 2. Thanks!

[quote name='vamn']Amazon has a 4000 points card for $31.32 GO GO GO GO GO !!!!

Edit: Damn, someone beat me to it. But yea, GO GO GO[/QUOTE]

Fantastic deal for those who got in on it.

[quote name='rey6eric']It was pointed out in the Points thread that amazon has 4000 MSP @ 31.32.

Just wanted to give everyone here a heads up[/QUOTE]

Bah! I was looking to buy a points card too, damn!

So is Metro 2033 worth the Shocktober sale price of $22.49? GS has it listed as $26.99 used....Just wondering if it's really worth it or if I should spend the funds on something else.

[quote name='praxus07']So is Metro 2033 worth the Shocktober sale price of $22.49? GS has it listed as $26.99 used....Just wondering if it's really worth it or if I should spend the funds on something else.[/QUOTE]

$22 used on Amazon. $20-ish used on Half.com. With shipping on both of those.

Guess it's worth it then. I only go by the GS prices since it's the only place I buy games from. Was debating between Dragon Knight Saga and Metro on XBLM, but since DKS is $30 on the marketplace and only $18 at GS think I'll grab Metro instead.

[quote name='praxus07']Guess it's worth it then. I only go by the GS prices since it's the only place I buy games from. Was debating between Dragon Knight Saga and Metro on XBLM, but since DKS is $30 on the marketplace and only $18 at GS think I'll grab Metro instead.[/QUOTE]

Why do you only buy games from GameStop?

Bummer. Just bought Vampire Smile a couple months ago to capitalize on the buy 2 games rewards thing. I've really enjoyed it so far though.

I hope Bloodrayne goes on sale for a decent price. I really enjoyed the demo, moreso than Outland *gasp*.

I may pick up Zombie Apocalypse. Doesn't seem like that great of a game, being similar to the "hidden" twin stick shooter in Black Ops, but I'm a fan of the genre and it should serve as a good distraction when i feel like mindlessly blowing shit away (with slightly more purpose than 'I MAED A GAM3...').

[quote name='Coltin']Why do you only buy games from GameStop?[/QUOTE]

Trade-ins. Get most of my games via the GS trade-in deals. I know BB and Amazon have trade-in deals as well, but if I can't take my games right into the store myself and walk out with another used game, not gonna bother with it.

Plus, can't stand Amazon, soooo......Also, my BF lets me use his card to get one or two things a month on XBLM/PSN, so when they have deals on things cheaper than GS I go for it.

Though now reading the other posts, wondering what next weeks deal on Dead Rising is. Is it the first or second game that's going on sale? Would Def prefer DR2 to Metro.

[quote name='praxus07']So is Metro 2033 worth the Shocktober sale price of $22.49? GS has it listed as $26.99 used....Just wondering if it's really worth it or if I should spend the funds on something else.[/QUOTE]

I believe Metro has gone on sale at least twice on Steam for $5. It'll probably hit that price again before too long. The PC version has some fairly high requirements, but if you can live with scaling back a few of the options you'll still end up with a better looking game compared to the Xbox version for a fraction of the cost.

[quote name='praxus07']
Though now reading the other posts, wondering what next weeks deal on Dead Rising is. Is it the first or second game that's going on sale? Would Def prefer DR2 to Metro.[/QUOTE]

I think it's the first one. Second one is still 40-ish On Demand.

Not to dishearten you, but Metro 2033 was $5 on Steam. It plays like the Stalker games, only I personally didn't enjoy it as much. It got fairly positive to mixed reviews because it's a "been there, done that" type of FPS. It should be $20 new very shortly.

[quote name='Thrinn']I believe Metro has gone on sale at least twice on Steam for $5. It'll probably hit that price again before too long. The PC version has some fairly high requirements, but if you can live with scaling back a few of the options you'll still end up with a better looking game compared to the Xbox version for a fraction of the cost.[/QUOTE]

Eh...I'm def Not a pc gamer. My pc can, and has, run Crysis at max settings, but just can't stand playing on it. Last pc game I played was WoW and that was over a year ago.

[quote name='praxus07']Eh...I'm def Not a pc gamer. My pc can, and has, run Crysis at max settings, but just can't stand playing on it.[/QUOTE]
A shame to have all that processing power and not put it to use. Grab a 360 controller, hook that bad boy up to the TV and you're ready to rock. :D

[quote name='Thrinn']A shame to have all that processing power and not put it to use. Grab a 360 controller, hook that bad boy up to the TV and you're ready to rock. :D[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately my tv/game stuff is all in my bedroom, and the pc's out in another part of the house. Doubt I could connect it to my tv even if I wanted to.....and not the only one that uses the pc, so moving it's not an option. Plus my tv is a first gen HDTV, last of the HDTV tube sets, with no HDMI port.

these Games On-Demand sales need to be better, I'm not paying more than $20 for year(s) old digital copies of games, especially when I can get a used, or even new copy for around the same price.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']these Games On-Demand sales need to be better, I'm not paying more than $20 for year(s) old digital copies of games, especially when I can get a used, or even new copy for around the same price.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft's not at the point yet where they can afford to stab their retail partners in the back by selling a lot of GoD titles under MSRP. It's only a matter of time before they do.

I don't recall seeing this posted, but according to TrueAchievements.com, the ability to change your gamertag is once again on sale for the low, low price of 560 MSP.

[quote name='basis']again. this must be like the 3rd or 4th time that game's been on sale. it's now a competition between ZA & RF for being the XBLA title that is most often on sale.[/QUOTE]

You'd think they'd at least put it on sale for 200 at this point...

got 4000 MS points from the sale, my body is ready for the black friday sales, even though its a little early lol

[quote name='JStryke']I don't recall seeing this posted, but according to TrueAchievements.com, the ability to change your gamertag is once again on sale for the low, low price of 560 MSP.[/QUOTE]

Now someone in that thread is saying that was actually last week's deal? I checked on the dash and the gamertag change is still 800msp.

I bought Zombie Apocalypse last time it was on sale and it's one of the few XBLA games I regret buying. Even if it was 200 points, it would still be tough to recommend. There are many better twin stick shooters out there.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Now someone in that thread is saying that was actually last week's deal? I checked on the dash and the gamertag change is still 800msp.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that after I posted. Somebody else even posted it was 400MSP. Never know what to believe these days I guess.

[quote name='JStryke']Yeah, I noticed that after I posted. Somebody else even posted it was 400MSP. Never know what to believe these days I guess.[/QUOTE]

Love the Makoto avatar. Just had to say that.

I think this is the first week I've been constantly checking Spylon's site for price drops. I feel your pain ReddJoey.

[quote name='reddjoey']Ugh, I wish MS would get their crap together so I can update the OP.[/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping they're just distracted by the dashboard update and things get back to normal after it's released.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Now someone in that thread is saying that was actually last week's deal? I checked on the dash and the gamertag change is still 800msp.[/QUOTE]

It may have been the UK's DOTW.

[quote name='louiedog']Looks like the gamertag change is on sale in the UK for 560 points. Not sure if it's US as well. Changing the link to a US one doesn't work, but the DotW stuff isn't up on xbox.com so that might not mean anything.

link
[/QUOTE]

I had checked this past weekend and I could have sworn that they had a 400 MSP cost listed for a tag change through the dashboard. I thought it was a permanent change since I hadn't read anything about it. As you said, now it's back up to 800.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Love the Makoto avatar. Just had to say that.

I think this is the first week I've been constantly checking Spylon's site for price drops. I feel your pain ReddJoey.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I'm sure I'm the one that visits the site the most and it's been unbearable to see the same items in the list.

Not to rub salt on the wound but Sony just updated there store:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/18/playstation-store-update-209/

The good news is it mirror the shocktober pages on xbox.com. Now we just need MS to flip the switch.

Here are some highlights from the PSN+ sale:
Ghostbusters Sanctum of Slime – 30% off
Zombie Apocalypse – 30% off
Borderlands Zombie Island –30% off
Costume Quest Grubbins on Ice 30% off
Burnout Crash! – 50% off

And some available to everybody on PSN:
Transformers: War For Cybertron: Wfc Map And Character Pack 1 – Price Change (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Transformers: War For Cybertron: Wfc Map And Character Pack 2 – Price Change (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Ghostbusters: Sanctum Of Slime – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Package – Sale (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package – Sale (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Call Of Duty: World At War Map Pack 1 Dlc – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Call Of Duty: World At War Map Pack 2 Dlc – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Call Of Duty: World At War Map Pack 3 Dlc – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Call Of Duty: World At War Map Pack Bundle – Sale (PS3) (now $14.49, original price $24.99)
Borderlands: Zombie Island – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Tetris – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Zombie Apocalypse – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Days Of Thunder – Nascar Edition – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Star Trek: D-A-C – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Crazy Taxi – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Gunstar Heroes – Sale (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Sega Rally Online Arcade – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Sega Genesis Collection – Sale (PSP3) (now $12.99, original price $15.99)
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars – Sale (PSP3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Costume Quest – Sale (PS3) (now $10.49, original price $14.99)

I think all of those are on XBL but I am not 100% sure.

Bah, crappy selections so far. So crappy in fact that I may even consider picking up Castlevania HD.....well maybe not!
C'mon MS throw us a bone....with some meat on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back