XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='waxHead']Which compilations are your favorites? I have both Qubed (gotta love Rez HD) and the XBLA Unplugged Vol. 1, but that's it.[/QUOTE]

Well this is educational, in all my hours of studying games, mostly at work, I seem to have missed yet another compiliation, I have not heard of this qubed collection, this one I must hunt down.

I think my favorite compiliation is my HD, got about 60 games on there, mostly from sales, I like compiliations but there is usually puzzle type games on them and I never do well with them.

Edit 1000th post! only took me 7 years.

[quote name='jputahraptor']Well this is educational, in all my hours of studying games, mostly at work, I seem to have missed yet another compiliation, I have not heard of this qubed collection, this one I must hunt down.

I think my favorite compiliation is my HD, got about 60 games on there, mostly from sales, I like compiliations but there is usually puzzle type games on them and I never do well with them.[/QUOTE]

Check your TRU for Qubed. It was on clearance for $10 months ago, and has slowly dropped since then. You might check out the TRU clearance thread for the latest price on it, or I'll see how much it is the next time I'm at mine (they had quite a few last time I was there).

I was curious if there were any grouped compilations you liked, such as ones from Namco, Konami, Atari, etc. As I just signed up for XB Live gold and bought a bunch of points, I'm gonna start d/l'ing games, but I'd always rather own a copy on disc rather than just the DLC. I trust DLC about as far as I can throw it.

Dang there's a ton of compilations/arcade games on physical disc I'm missing. Here's a complete list of the ones I'm aware of while we are on the subject (Please feel free to let me know if I missed any):

Arcade Compilation
Live Arcade Unplugged
Qubed
Konami Classics Volume 1
Konami Classics Volume 2
PopCap Arcade Volume 1
PopCap Arcade Volume 2
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade
Arcade Play (bundle with controller)
Plants Vs. Zombies
Hasbro Family Game Night (Should I could these? HFGN 2 doesn't exist on 360 for some reason?)
Hsabro Family Game Night 3 (Should I could these? HFGN 2 doesn't exist on 360 for some reason?)

Going to have to hunt down most of these all I have are the first 2 listed.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Dang there's a ton of compilations/arcade games on physical disc I'm missing. Here's a complete list of the ones I'm aware of while we are on the subject (Please feel free to let me know if I missed any):

Arcade Compilation
Live Arcade Unplugged
Qubed
Konami Classics Volume 1
Konami Classics Volume 2
PopCap Arcade Volume 1
PopCap Arcade Volume 2
Plants Vs. Zombies
Hasbro Family Game Night (Should I could these? HFGN 2 doesn't exist on 360 for some reason?)
Hsabro Family Game Night 3 (Should I could these? HFGN 2 doesn't exist on 360 for some reason?)

Going to have to hunt down most of these all I have are the first 2 listed.[/QUOTE]

Do ALL of these work on UK consoles if i was able to find them on ebay or wherever?

[quote name='jputahraptor']Well this is educational, in all my hours of studying games, mostly at work, I seem to have missed yet another compiliation, I have not heard of this qubed collection, this one I must hunt down.

I think my favorite compiliation is my HD, got about 60 games on there, mostly from sales, I like compiliations but there is usually puzzle type games on them and I never do well with them.

Edit 1000th post! only took me 7 years.[/QUOTE]

Qubed is why I gave the other compilation to my ex. I really wanted that controller pack for the extra controller and Lumines. The version of Lumines on the controller pack is the bare bones one. It costs a fotune in MS points to get all the DLC with it. Qubed has the full version with pretty much all the DLC included. Plus I had never played Rez before, which is an awesome game!

EDIT: Also, if it helps: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286301

Looks like Geometry Wars 2 is going to be on sale this month if you can part with the disc format.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Dang there's a ton of compilations/arcade games on physical disc I'm missing. Here's a complete list of the ones I'm aware of while we are on the subject (Please feel free to let me know if I missed any):

Arcade Compilation
Live Arcade Unplugged
Qubed
Konami Classics Volume 1
Konami Classics Volume 2
PopCap Arcade Volume 1
PopCap Arcade Volume 2
Plants Vs. Zombies

Going to have to hunt down most of these all I have are the first 2 listed.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother with Live Arcade Unplugged. Once you get the two PopCap games disks you already have most of the stuff on it that you'd want anyway.

Edit, nevermind. That unplugged in the in the white box is good. I was thinking of a different one. Don't get the one with boom boom rocket.

[quote name='typical guy']Don't bother with Live Arcade Unplugged. Once you get the two PopCap games disks you already have most of the stuff on it that you'd want anyway.

Edit, nevermind. That unplugged in the in the white box is good. I was thinking of a different one. Don't get the one with boom boom rocket.[/QUOTE]

I happen to like the lineup on the white box more. I guess it's all a matter of opinion. I thought the games on the green box were kinda boring (maybe because I was late in getting it, no one was playing Texas Hold 'Em anymore). Plus Wik and Outpost seemed kinda bland to me. The white box has Uno, Pac-Man C.E., Luxor, and even Feeding Frenzy. Boom Boom Rocket is a DDR rip off, but it does have cool visuals. :)

This isn't the thread for it, but since the topic came up thought I'd mention that I recently saw the Konami vol. 2 packs on clearance at best buy for $8.99. Obviously, YMMV.

Arcade Compilation
Live Arcade Unplugged
Qubed
Konami Classics Volume 1
Konami Classics Volume 2
PopCap Arcade Volume 1
PopCap Arcade Volume 2
Plants Vs. Zombies

Regarding your question about HFGN, HFGN 1 only includes the first 7 games released for the HFGN series. If you are going for the full achievement score, you will need to buy the final 3 games. HFGN 2 was only released for Wii.

HFGN 3 is not a compilation of XBLA games, although it is a collection of board games just like HFGN 1. None of the games on HFGN 3 can be bought separately as an arcade game, so if you want to play these, you will need to buy the disc.

DANG! I wish those Marvel Pinball tables were gonna get that discount, I've really wanted to try them after listening to Cheapy, Wombat, and Ship all gush over them. But it looks like its gonna be PacMan.

Maybe we'll get lucky like last time they did this voting. I swear they even offered the ones that lost at a discount later.

OK what the fuck is wrong with you XBox gamers? Pac-Man? I understand it's like the best Pac-Man game since it was ever conceived but the Marvel Pinball deal would have been a better deal. Heres hoping they bring it at a later date...

Also, I picked up Hydrophobia for half off. Not too shabby of a game.

Next week is looking like a good one. I think I'll be picking up both Serious Sams.

[quote name='djduke316']OK what the fuck is wrong with you XBox gamers? Pac-Man? I understand it's like the best Pac-Man game since it was ever conceived but the Marvel Pinball deal would have been a better deal. Heres hoping they bring it at a later date...[/QUOTE]

Did pacman win?

[quote name='djduke316']OK what the fuck is wrong with you XBox gamers? Pac-Man? I understand it's like the best Pac-Man game since it was ever conceived but the Marvel Pinball deal would have been a better deal. Heres hoping they bring it at a later date...[/QUOTE]

Pac-Man CE DX has been out longer (though only a few weeks) without a sale. Just be glad it's not Lara Croft or Castlevania, which were just on sale on 12/22 and 12/23 respectively (with Castlevania having a bigger discount than this promotion).

[quote name='djduke316']OK what the fuck is wrong with you XBox gamers? Pac-Man? I understand it's like the best Pac-Man game since it was ever conceived but the Marvel Pinball deal would have been a better deal. Heres hoping they bring it at a later date...

Also, I picked up Hydrophobia for half off. Not too shabby of a game.[/QUOTE]

I'm asking u that question. What the fuck is up with u comic book loving kids and these pinball tables? I have them and they're nothing spectacular. They'll go on sale later on like the other tables have before.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']FYI Check your emails if you participated in the ESPN College Bowl showdown...just got my ESPN avatar jersey codes.[/QUOTE]

hmmm. I got a code but it was for the helmut not the jersey.
Still, YEA!!! free stuff!! woo hoo

Damn next week is gonna be awesome, getting atleast half of those sale games for sure @_@. My poor backlog of XBLA games is close to exploding though

[quote name='Cameron4All']hmmm. I got a code but it was for the helmut not the jersey.
Still, YEA!!! free stuff!! woo hoo[/QUOTE]

I got a code for both the jersey and the helmet (separate emails).

[quote name='intoxicated662']They'll go on sale later on like the other tables have before.[/QUOTE]Whoa...when have the Pinball FX1 or FX2 add-on tables ever gone on sale? I seriously doubt I could have missed something like that.

[quote name='NoDAK']Whoa...when have the Pinball FX1 or FX2 add-on tables ever gone on sale? I seriously doubt I could have missed something like that.[/QUOTE]

Some of the FX1 tables went on sale a long time ago before FX2 came out. I know that's how I got the Street Fighter table. But I dont think there's been a sale since FX2 came out. fuck me if I missed it as I'd have bought.

I like getting more for more/less with those arcade bundles but popping in those discs and games on the disc I wouldn't care for make it kind of eh for me. The ability just to play it off the hard drive and not have to worry about discs are good. Its not like I'm really buying anything thats on disc anyway besides Galaga Legions unless I missed it and Geo Wars 2 is on a disc.
So Geometry Wars 2, Galaga Legions, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, and Pacman CE DX. Cool beans.

Personally may want to consider adding the Sega Genesis Collection to that list, while it isn't exactly like the others (it doesn't load as separate individual games), in many cases the games are otherwise identical. Just a thought.

[quote name='reddjoey']I'm thinking of adding the compilation disc info in the FAQ. Good idea/bad idea?[/QUOTE]

Good idea. People come here to get deals on, among other things, XBLA games. I think it would help those people out. It doesn't seem to be widespread knowledge.

I'd say posting in the FAQ about the discs would be a great idea. I'm guessing I listed all of them then? I haven't heard anyone else add to the list yet.

I wouldn't include the Sega Genesis Collection as those aren't XBLA titles put on disc. They are a seperate collection albeit a sweet one. Granted Sonic and others are available on XBLA these are not ports of those versions but different ports entirely with different achievements. Correct me if I am wrong I'm under this assumption as the PSN ones are different (that's the version of the Sonic Collection that I own).

No need to buy Galaga Legions since it's on the Namco collection disc along with 8 other Namco titles, copy pasted the titles from wikipedia, there are more on the disc itself, the ones below are unlocked on xbox live and not actually on the disc, the other titles don't support achivements.

Dig Dug (1982)
Galaga (1981)
Galaga Legions (2008)
Mr. Driller Online (2008)
Ms. Pac-Man (1981)
New Rally-X (1981)
Pac-Man (1980)
Pac-Man Championship Edition (2007)
Xevious (1982)

ReddJoey- if you do want to list the compiliations than I can help you include the titles each one includes.

[quote name='jputahraptor']...there are more [games] on the disc itself, the ones below are unlocked on xbox live and not actually on the disc,....[/QUOTE]

Huh? How can games be included that are not on disk. Are there download tokens?? Does the disk have to be in the drive to play the games not on the disk? How's this work.

[quote name='jputahraptor']No need to buy Galaga Legions since it's on the Namco collection disc along with 8 other Namco titles, copy pasted the titles from wikipedia, there are more on the disc itself, the ones below are unlocked on xbox live and not actually on the disc, the other titles don't support achivements.

Dig Dug (1982)
Galaga (1981)
Galaga Legions (2008)
Mr. Driller Online (2008)
Ms. Pac-Man (1981)
New Rally-X (1981)
Pac-Man (1980)
Pac-Man Championship Edition (2007)
Xevious (1982)

ReddJoey- if you do want to list the compiliations than I can help you include the titles each one includes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dchrisd']Huh? How can games be included that are not on disk. Are there download tokens?? Does the disk have to be in the drive to play the games not on the disk? How's this work.[/QUOTE]

And what do you mean about "the other titles don't support achivements" What other titles?

[quote name='EarthKing']And what do you mean about "the other titles don't support achivements" What other titles?[/QUOTE]

From wikipedia

Xbox Live Arcade Games

Museum Games

Arrangement Games

• Dig Dug Arrangement (2005)
  • Galaga Arrangement (2005)
  • Pac-Man Arrangement (2005)

[quote name='salty tbone']From wikipedia

Xbox Live Arcade Games

Museum Games

Arrangement Games

• Dig Dug Arrangement (2005)
  • Galaga Arrangement (2005)
  • Pac-Man Arrangement (2005)
[/QUOTE]

So, do we have to just put in the disc and it will give us the games? Do we need the disks afterward? Or will it install into our harddrives?

EDIT: Nevermind...This from wikipedia

The Xbox Live Arcade games can only be played when the disc is inside the system. The games must be downloaded from Xbox Live Marketplace for their regular prices in order for the games to be retained in the system's game library.

I will just buy Galaga Legions for 400pts.

Okay, but I'm warning you that Galaga Legions isn't that great. It's impossibly hard unless you want to dedicate your life to mastering it. Pac-man CE and DX are sooo much better (and easier).

Anyone remember the prices for Castlevania: HoD and Lara Croft GOL during the christmas 2010 sale? Weren't they like 600 msp or something?

[quote name='VidPower']Anyone remember the prices for Castlevania: HoD and Lara Croft GOL during the christmas 2010 sale? Weren't they like 600 msp or something?[/QUOTE]

Yep, 600 each.

The Namco Collection has the Xbox Live Arcade games directly on the disc. You never ever have to have been online or downloaded the games from Xbox Live previously. It does NOT install or download any games to your hard drive. When you start the disc and select the set of XBLA games, it pops you back to your dashboard to the XBLA games area where the XBLA games are now in full game mode. It's a gimmick, a fancy way of accessing the games that are on the disc. Open the disc tray, and the games will magically disappear from the menu. Poof!

[quote name='eastx']Okay, but I'm warning you that Galaga Legions isn't that great. It's impossibly hard unless you want to dedicate your life to mastering it. Pac-man CE and DX are sooo much better (and easier).[/QUOTE]

Truth.
The developer apologized that the game was so butt-raping hard, he wrote a help guide.
The average good gamer will never see anything past level 2.
You will only be able to play a small part of the game.
A good many features will never be unlocked.
With several years of patience and practice you might beat level 3.
Still, it is worth $5.

Mmmm, Subway has $5 footlongs all month too.

Appending the FAQ with details on the various compilation discs is an excellent idea. I've already learned something new from reading all the posts.
[quote name='hostyl1']Some of the FX1 tables went on sale a long time ago before FX2 came out. I know that's how I got the Street Fighter table. But I dont think there's been a sale since FX2 came out. fuck me if I missed it as I'd have bought.[/QUOTE]
Oh, well, I stand corrected. Thanks for the info. :) I do recall PBFX1 being discounted, but never the individual tables. Was Excalibur included in that sale? It's the only FX1 table that I didn't buy on day 1.

The only promo I've seen for FX2 was that weak 40 MSP Xbox Reward for buying the core pack. :roll: Better than nothing I guess.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']how good is the that version of Space Invaders? might grab that, though there's a few different ones on xbla so just wondering, is it difficult to play or fun?[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLttemu-Xx4
I really like it, it's pretty trippy though and a lot of things happen on the screen at once in some cases. I don't know about the XBLA/PSN versions but I had no problem beating it on an iOS device.

Games like Galaga Legions have that old-school feel from an era when the high score meant everything. Under normal circumstances, I would get Galaga Legions in a heartbeat. But with all the hacking online in our games (particularly score hacking) that's so proliferate these days, I don't know if I should get it. The general goal of those games is the high score, but if the score is way too insanely high, it starts to feel quite suspect.

I've been wondering for quite a while if that 500 million high score from Geometry Wars was the result of a score hack all along.

I agree with people saying Galaga Legions is hard.

If you like a challenge and being want to suck as much life as possible out of $5 at the cost of your free time....

[quote name='lockarm']Games like Galaga Legions have that old-school feel from an era when the high score meant everything. Under normal circumstances, I would get Galaga Legions in a heartbeat. But with all the hacking online in our games (particularly score hacking) that's so proliferate these days, I don't know if I should get it. The general goal of those games is the high score, but if the score is way too insanely high, it starts to feel quite suspect.

I've been wondering for quite a while if that 500 million high score from Geometry Wars was the result of a score hack all along.[/QUOTE]
Who are you trying to impress with your high score? I only try to out do my friends when it comes to games like that.

And I doubt that Geometry Wars score was from a hack. I watched a guy rack up 40 million over 5 days (he paused the game while we were working) so I'm sure someone could get 500 million.

Got 400 MSP from that text thing last week so I downloaded Hydrophobia. Never even played the demo but it looks interesting enough for the price of free.

[quote name='Cheddahz']Have they announced a exact date yet for Beyond Good & Evil HD?[/QUOTE]I don't believe so.

Is Hydrophobia worth the sale price now that they fixed the issues? I played the trial originally and it was OKAY. But I'm not sure how greatly the changes affected what I played in the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back