XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kburns10']Is Hydrophobia worth the sale price now that they fixed the issues? I played the trial originally and it was OKAY. But I'm not sure how greatly the changes affected what I played in the trial.[/QUOTE]

I never played even the trial before the patch but I finished up the game today and I was pretty underwhelmed. It's just okay. The water physics are impressive compared to other games and what you do in the challenge room after you finish the game was kind of neat. Other than those two things, it doesn't have a lot going for it. The combat is weak and sparse, the "go here and push this button, then backtrack and find this thing, then backtrack and open a different door" got tiring, and I found it difficult to care about the story and characters.

I'm somewhat hopeful of the next part (this is part 1 of 3 episodes), because they've clearly shown their willingness to address the problems by putting out that patch. The story may get more interesting as they reveal stuff and what you do in the challenge room leaves me hopeful for future gameplay.

My eyebrow is raised seeing Blacklight for 600. I was interested when it was 99c on GFWL but I heard the PC port is terrible, but that the console one is alright. Any opinions? Is the multiplayer dead?

I think Hydrophobia is worth 400 points, but really, not much more. The game gets pretty repetitive quickly, and the storyline is hard to follow and uninteresting. Constantly switching out of the game to read documents you find and info you uncover really takes away from the moment.

Combat isn't great, and I find it hard. Granted, I never play FPSs, so I suppose my skill level is really low.

[quote name='yankeessuck']Is it me or does Risk Factions go on sale every few weeks?[/QUOTE]

It is either that the game did terrible and it needs a lower price to sale or EA is making up for having Spore dropping price as quickly as Call of Duty games and going on sale about as often too... Seriously that game is 2 years old and it only dropped to $30 in June and started at $50...

It is kind of odd though that Risk is dropping so often. One good thing about it is that the game actually very fun.

Yeah I bought Risk at that price a while ago and it was worth the 400 points, I'll prolly pick up Duke and Space Invaders for sure, might get Geometry Wars.

Gonna be an awesome sale. Getting Duke and the Serious Sam's for sure. (More than likely Space Invaders too). Not to mention the Mass Effect 2 Alternate Appearance 2 DLC finally comes out.

[quote name='Blade']For those of you looking to get Space Invaders Infinity Gene for $5: Have you tried out Decimation X3 for $1 yet? It's pretty good and costs significantly less.[/QUOTE]

Looks pretty good. Gonna dl the demo and try it out but no achievements makes anything hard to purchase with my precious few M$ points.

[quote name='Kaltic']
It is kind of odd though that Risk is dropping so often. One good thing about it is that the game actually very fun.[/QUOTE]

I've narrowed it down to one of two possibilities in regards to Risk:Factions always being on sale. Either the game sold so badly they need to still break even on development. OR they have plans for a sequel and know damn well that the game is in fact pretty fun and the more people download the first increases the odds they'll go for a 2nd.

Looks like the deals for duke nukem: manhattan project, galaga legions, and serious sam: tfe are live. They're still listed at regular price, but when you click the buy option the discount shows up. The other discounts haven't updated yet.

Xbox Live Arcade sales. Risk Factions is doing good on the sales
xblaall2010.jpg

[quote name='KASPENN']Looks like the deals for duke nukem: manhattan project, galaga legions, and serious sam: tfe are live. They're still listed at regular price, but when you click the buy option the discount shows up. The other discounts haven't updated yet.[/QUOTE]

was going to post this, but I'll just bump it. (especially considering the last post size)

Anybody recommend Blacklight for 600? I might save some points for that, or just spend them all this week...

Just got done playing the trials for the new games on sale. Think I'll skip them. Have geometery wars 2 all ready, not in the mood for anymore fps games with lack of story. Didn't care for space invaders, played games a lot better from the indie game section. And didn't care for Duke nukem.

Thanks for the heads up! Purchased duke nukem already and probably infinity gene soon too! Already got everything else but lots of good sales this week. Hope to see some more people on Blacklight: Tango Down soon.

[quote name='marineal']800 points for both serious sam HD games.. SOLD[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I passed on the Serious Sam games when they got on PC, but feel tempted for 10 dollars. So are these just updates of the first two games released on the PC or the updated versions released afterwards HDified?

[quote name='nadohawk']Agreed. I passed on the Serious Sam games when they got on PC, but feel tempted for 10 dollars. So are these just updates of the first two games released on the PC or the updated versions released afterwards HDified?[/QUOTE]
They released a pair of updated versions on the PC and then ported them to the 360.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Anybody recommend Blacklight for 600? I might save some points for that, or just spend them all this week...[/QUOTE]

Unless you're planning on playing it right now, I'd say skip it. This game will likely see a small boost in the number of online players from the current sale, but it probably won't be long until gamers abandon it for the latest FPS.

[quote name='nadohawk']Agreed. I passed on the Serious Sam games when they got on PC, but feel tempted for 10 dollars. So are these just updates of the first two games released on the PC or the updated versions released afterwards HDified?[/QUOTE]
They released a pair of updated versions on the PC and then ported them to the 360.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Anybody recommend Blacklight for 600? I might save some points for that, or just spend them all this week...[/QUOTE]

Unless you're planning on playing it right now, I'd say skip it. This game will likely see a small boost in the number of online players from the current sale, but it probably won't be long until gamers abandon it for the latest FPS.

[quote name='Blade']For those of you looking to get Space Invaders Infinity Gene for $5: Have you tried out Decimation X3 for $1 yet? It's pretty good and costs significantly less.[/QUOTE]

I like Decimation X3 a lot. It's definitely worth a $1. I wish it had an online leaderboard, but it's still worth the asking price.

[quote name='mer71']I am going to sit out this week. I couldn't even pull the trigger on Hydrophobia, after hearing the posts about it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't either, but as far as I could tell the best "accolades" it got is that it was pretty decent for the price. That's not exactly setting the world on fire there. I think I'll live without it.

Picked up Space Invaders: IG and will prob. bite on Serious Sam TFE, but I haven't beaten TSE from the last sale yet...

Going to try to Duke Manhattan demo again since so many of you guys are buying it. It didn't really strike me on first play. I really wish it were DN3D instead!

Finally got around to updating the OP (sorry I was distracted and thought I had already done it) :whistle2:/

Metacritic is giving me some loading problems at the computer lab. I'll add Metacritic links when I get home

[quote name='gryphter']So 48 hour codes aren't Gold enough for the DOTW deals?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, you don't count as being a Gold member, I think those codes just let you play online or something.

[quote name='benjamouth']Probably not, you don't count as being a Gold member, I think those codes just let you play online or something.[/QUOTE]

You are still considered silver. You need at least a one month card. That's why I'm saving the one I got from MS when I got my refurb.

Is Space Invaders Infinity Gene the same as the PS3 version? I just tried the 360 demo and I swear the PS3 demo was different. Not graphics difference, but gameplay difference. Don't have access to my PS3 right now so I can't check myself.

Duke is the only one i am semi interested in. The others i would not want even for free.

I bought Hydrophobia i heard they updated it and fixed the issues.

Also is there not a long standing thread doing this type of posting already why have 2? This one looks nicer but the other has been around for ages.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Also is there not a long standing thread doing this type of posting already why have 2? This one looks nicer but the other has been around for ages.[/QUOTE]Are you talking about Reddjoey's other Xbox thread? I believe there's a cap on how many posts can be made to a single thread. He made a new one for 2011 to reset things.

[quote name='Thrinn']Are you talking about Reddjoey's other Xbox thread? I believe there's a cap on how many posts can be made to a single thread. He made a new one for 2011 to reset things.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is a cap, but I know if a thread gets too big (like the Kmart one has several times) CAG it creates problems for the server. I don't think any DotW threads have gotten close to that big.

The only other thread I have seen is the 360 Dashboard Gold Offers/Deals. I don't think that would fit in very well in this thread.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Awesome as always. What about some of the other stuff on sale like SWTFU2's two items, BFBC2 Onslaught etc, Burnout Paradise content, Dante's Inferno content?

BTW, how's BP's Big Island? Is 560 worth it? What about onslaught?[/QUOTE]

Yo this has nothing to do with your comment.. i just wanted to say that your sig is fucking AWESOME. XD did you make it!?

[quote name='dchrisd']Is Space Invaders Infinity Gene the same as the PS3 version? I just tried the 360 demo and I swear the PS3 demo was different. Not graphics difference, but gameplay difference. Don't have access to my PS3 right now so I can't check myself.[/QUOTE]

Are you thinking of Space Invaders Extreme? That is different from Infinity Gene.

I'm not a fan of Infinity Gene on my iPhone, so I won't be partaking of it for the 360 in this sale. I'd be interested in Extreme, though. Oh well.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Duke is the only one i am semi interested in. The others i would not want even for free.

I bought Hydrophobia i heard they updated it and fixed the issues.

Also is there not a long standing thread doing this type of posting already why have 2? This one looks nicer but the other has been around for ages.[/QUOTE]

fucking tool

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Remember that Space Invaders is that crappy shell of a game that has DLC packs to flesh it out to a real sized game.[/QUOTE]

How long is Space Invaders: Infinity Gene when you first download it? I was planning to get this later tonight, but if it's short/not worth it w/o additional DLC then I won't bother.

[quote name='waxHead']How long is Space Invaders: Infinity Gene when you first download it? I was planning to get this later tonight, but if it's short/not worth it w/o additional DLC then I won't bother.[/QUOTE]
The game is long, it's got one mode with 30 stages and one mode that takes the music off your hard drive and makes levels out of it and 2 other modes.

My problem is that is that they made the game piecemeal and have 3 packs of 240 points each that should have been included with the game.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']The game is long, it's got one mode with 30 stages and one mode that takes the music off your hard drive and makes levels out of it and 2 other modes.

My problem is that is that they made the game piecemeal and have 3 packs of 240 points each that should have been included with the game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'm still on the fence about Space Invaders - I know I'll get my money's worth out of Geometry Wars, but SI didn't look that great from the YouTube vids I watched earlier today.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Remember that Space Invaders is that crappy shell of a game that has DLC packs to flesh it out to a real sized game.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, that's what I get for not doing any research on the game before buying it. 3 DLC packs, each just 108kb unlock codes.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']The game is long, it's got one mode with 30 stages and one mode that takes the music off your hard drive and makes levels out of it and 2 other modes.

My problem is that is that they made the game piecemeal and have 3 packs of 240 points each that should have been included with t
he game.[/QUOTE]

Nope.
The DLC packs for Space Invaders: Infinity Gene and Space Invaders: Extreme add very little content to either game.
The DLC packs only add 'just more of the same' content to either game.
I know, I bought them because I'm a big fan of both games, and I'm happy to support games that I really like a lot.
They will keep making these extra unnecessary trivial DLC packs because fans like me keep buying them.
They are not needed or even worth it to the casual player.
It took me a week to beat each Space Invaders game and there is a ton of content for $5.

Although, you might be thinking of Arkanoid Live which was a shell that required DLC packs to play the full game, made by the same Taito company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back