XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Microbot is pretty fun. It starts off slow which is unfortunate for the demo, but after the first boss where you can really customize it a bit better, it opens up. A little repetitive here and there, but still a fun title for 400 points.

[quote name='reddjoey']Yeah I wasn't thrilled with it being $15 and after all that DLC it will be + $50. I consider myself a Castlevania fan, but that is insane and nickel-and-dime-ing your fanbase. I just don't think I would get $50 of enjoyment of it[/QUOTE]
I feel the same way

I was ehh with the game and then I saw the prices of the DLC and I was turned off. Now that's great that people think it's worth it but for people who are on the fence it pushes them right to the "not buy" side

[quote name='DarkZion']Grabbed both NHL and NFL arcade games. I had enough fun with their demos to justify grabbing them on sale.[/QUOTE]

NHL arcade is great for only 200 points. Anyone with a mild interest in the NHL should pick it up.

Going to have to try the Hydrophobia demo again. I'm almost exclusively a buyer for $5 games anymore. I'm probably going to pass on both deathspanks expecting them to be $5 somewhere down the line next time they are on sale rather than as an earlier poster guessed to be $10.

The Castlevania DLC is cheaper than normal. Is this the new lower price for future dlc or a temprorary discount? I'll probably pick up all the upcoming DLC since it's much more appropriately priced. $2 for a new character is acceptable (really should be $1) and $3 is passable for a stage. Perhaps they will lower the price on the earlier DLC to fit in line with these new prices. If they do I'm probably in. I really enjoyed this game but then I'm a hardcore Castlevania nut (*looks at his non-GH SoTN and smiles trying not to brag too much[well maybe a little]).

The upcoming Castlevania DLC is cheaper because it's 8-bit stuff. 8-bit Simon Belmont, classic Castlevania stage, etc.

[quote name='eastx']The upcoming Castlevania DLC is cheaper because it's 8-bit stuff. 8-bit Simon Belmont, classic Castlevania stage, etc.[/QUOTE]

So 8bit is easier to write code for today than 16bit? Have trouble believing that's the reason. Richter Belmont is $3. Is it really $1 more difficult? It's a good excuse maybe up to the 32bit era but today I can't imagine it's anything more than a style choice. I could be wrong.

Sorry if I sound like an ass. You're logic is completely understandable/reasonable. Just seems like an odd reason if that is in fact why the price is different. I certainly don't mean to complain as these prices are much more appropriate and I will be biting on most if not all of it.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So 8bit is easier to write code for today than 16bit? Have trouble believing that's the reason. Richter Belmont is $3. Is it really $1 more difficult? It's a good excuse maybe up to the 32bit era but today I can't imagine it's anything more than a style choice. I could be wrong.

Sorry if I sound like an ass. You're logic is completely understandable/reasonable. Just seems like an odd reason if that is in fact why the price is different. I certainly don't mean to complain as these prices are much more appropriate and I will be biting on most if not all of it.[/QUOTE]

Actually, im pretty sure hes right. I have heard the same thing around alot of other message boards. Either way, its still dumb as hell.

And the part that pisses me off most is that if you dont buy the characters all you see is a laggy Old Axe Armor flying all over the place. (Which seems like a massive screw over by Konami). Not to mention they keep buffing some characters, and screwing over others.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So 8bit is easier to write code for today than 16bit? Have trouble believing that's the reason. Richter Belmont is $3. Is it really $1 more difficult? It's a good excuse maybe up to the 32bit era but today I can't imagine it's anything more than a style choice. I could be wrong.

Sorry if I sound like an ass. You're logic is completely understandable/reasonable. Just seems like an odd reason if that is in fact why the price is different. I certainly don't mean to complain as these prices are much more appropriate and I will be biting on most if not all of it.[/QUOTE]

It probably does take a little less time to prepare the sprites and especially the maps when they're 8-bit. I've done some pixel art and I find 8-bit stuff is easiest to work with. Not so much less time that it should significantly affect the prices, but whateva.
Still, let's just be happy that some DLC is finally affordable! Of course, I'm buying every stage because they just make the game so much better. Some people will bite at the current prices and some won't.

Even if its affordable, it doesnt make me feel less ripped off. ESPECIALLY considering its coming from Konami (Who just screwed the living hell out of Yugioh's DLC)

[quote name='dgwillia006']And the part that pisses me off most is that if you dont buy the characters all you see is a laggy Old Axe Armor flying all over the place. (Which seems like a massive screw over by Konami). Not to mention they keep buffing some characters, and screwing over others.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think this is a sneaky tactic by Konami to almost force players to buy the DLC so they don't see that fuckn dumb Axe Armor. I know it drives me nuts. I almost pulled the trigger on all the character DLC for this very reason.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Agreed. I think this is a sneaky tactic by Konami to almost force players to buy the DLC so they don't see that fuckn dumb Axe Armor. I know it drives me nuts. I almost pulled the trigger on all the character DLC for this very reason.[/QUOTE]

Then it's working. ;)

Like I said before. I consider myself a Castlevania fan, but I just don't have enough friends playing HD to get the $ value Konami put on it.

On-Topic: If it goes on sale or in a bundle, I'll really consider it.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Even if its affordable, it doesnt make me feel less ripped off. ESPECIALLY considering its coming from Konami (Who just screwed the living hell out of Yugioh's DLC)[/QUOTE]

What's the status on YuGiOh DLC? I haven't really kept up on it...

[quote name='wampa8jedi']What's the status on YuGiOh DLC? I haven't really kept up on it...[/QUOTE]

The exact same damn cards you can earn ingame. Except you pay for whats practically a structure deck. I pretty much gave up on the game seeing as it ruined the online. (Everyone is practically running the same types of decks)

[quote name='dgwillia006']The exact same damn cards you can earn ingame. Except you pay for whats practically a structure deck. I pretty much gave up on the game seeing as it ruined the online. (Everyone is practically running the same types of decks)[/QUOTE]

So is it similar to the MTG keys? I know those give you direct access to the cards as well...

[quote name='dgwillia006']The exact same damn cards you can earn ingame. Except you pay for whats practically a structure deck. I pretty much gave up on the game seeing as it ruined the online. (Everyone is practically running the same types of decks)[/QUOTE]

Not to get too far off topic, but wouldn't the community gravitate toward a select few power decks that would be possible because of the limitations of amount of cards available to be bought/won/unlocked/etc in the game? (Let me know if I'm not sure I am making my point clear, I'm not sure how to word it.)

[quote name='reddjoey']Not to get too far off topic, but wouldn't the community gravitate toward a select few power decks that would be possible because of the limitations of amount of cards available to be bought/won/unlocked/etc in the game? (Let me know if I'm not sure I am making my point clear, I'm not sure how to word it.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i understand what you are saying. But atleast before the DLC came you actually had to earn the cards. Now im seeing tons of rage-quitters and begginers using decks they probally got from google'd lists and old tournament winners.

So I was thinking of getting MicroBot but I have some concerns based on the demo. They don't seem to differentiate which enemy deployers are destroyable-could lead to be firing at an unkillable one for a loong time. The pickups do not stand out and I get the feeling I'm going to miss a lot simply because I didn't see them. I get the controls, you're in a moving fluid-fine. But the way the weapons/propolsion systems work it still feels a little odd. Anyone who has picked this up able to attest to whether or not these issues plague the game or get resolved?

[quote name='DJE']Yeah![/QUOTE]

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Anyway, bought deathspank. Got completely sucked into it and spent like 6 hours playing it. Finally looked up and it was going on 3am. :drool: Don't think I can resist the allure of getting number 2 as well. Super pissed at myself though for not picking up the DLC when it was free, I almost always add free stuff to my queue even if I don't intent to use it for a really long time or at all just to be safe...

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Anyway, bought deathspank. Got completely sucked into it and spent like 6 hours playing it. Finally looked up and it was going on 3am. :drool: Don't think I can resist the allure of getting number 2 as well. Super pissed at myself though for not picking up the DLC when it was free, I almost always add free stuff to my queue even if I don't intent to use it for a really long time or at all just to be safe...[/QUOTE]

What DLC are you referring too? The one they had for T.O.V?

DeathSpank is awesome! It's genuinely funny and I'm finding myself wasting hours on end in the game. Definitely getting my points worth out of it.

Everyone should at least give the demo a try. It let's you play a 20+ minute session.

[quote name='BudzMcGee'] Super pissed at myself though for not picking up the DLC when it was free, I almost always add free stuff to my queue even if I don't intent to use it for a really long time or at all just to be safe...[/QUOTE]

Dont feel too bad. I dont know if it was something I was doing wrong or what but when I tried to download it (when it was free) it said something to the effect that I didnt meet the requirements or whatever.

I think back then the content was free if you bought the game, I think it was a promo when it came out to try and make more sales for the base game if my memory serves me right. Since I hadn't bought the game, I am guessing thats why it said that.

Thats the only reason I can think it wouldnt let me get it because I remember specifically going on to xbox live for it and being denied even though it was free.

[quote name='skiizim']What DLC are you referring too? The one they had for T.O.V?[/QUOTE]

Yes. When TOV launched, The Snowy Mountain Dungeon and Tankko the Warrior were free for the first week. I don't remember there being an exclusion. I have both items and just bought TOV. Perhaps it was GOLD. I will check around

I wish I had downloaded the temporarily FREE DLC for Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue also. To be honest, I have no clue why I didn't go ahead and download it the week that it came out. It seems like it would be fun, but 240 MSP for a 30-60 minute dungeon and 80 MSP for an extra character seem a little steep. Or maybe it just feels steep in comparison to "Free".

However, I'm still definitely picking up both Deathspank games as soon as I pick up my order of Microsoft Points from the $14.96 Walmart Deal a little while back.

I hate to pass up such a good deal on the Deathspank's, but I really think I would rather spend the 1200 points on Torchlight. Swarm is not too far out and it looks like a lot of fun as well...

I gotta say Xbox Live is starting the year out very well. I already have enough to keep me busy through mid year from the holiday sales and they just keep throwing deals at me that I can't refuse:)

I'm really loving the concept of these publishers choice sales. I hope its something that xbla continues doing. It's great seeing MS really step up on the deals since they are so stingy with marketplace prices. It looks like they are taking notice that part of what makes steam such a huge success is all the fantastic sales they have.

I'm really hoping Minervas Den gets discounted next week, I've really been wanting that dlc.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Wow, those were temporarily free? I thought they were just free with purchase of the game? Sucks, but oh well...hopefully worth the $4.[/QUOTE]
Yeah lol, they were supposed to be free with the purchase but apparently they messed up and made them free to everyone for the first week. So I downloaded it and held off on buying the actual game until I got some points a few weeks later lol.

Wow...Hydrophobia for only 400 MSP already? I'm totally on that. I thought the original demo was ok, but it was a little frustrating and way too expensive in my opinion. I like how retooled demo was a little longer, so I was able to have more time with the game, and the controls make more sense. I was definitely going to buy it at 800 MSP, but thought I would wait until I cleared my backlog a bit. but 400 points is a no brainer for me. Can't wait!

No love for Plants Vs Zombies? I had never played it before and finally did last night, it was fun. Just wondering if it's worth 800 ms points since it doesn't have online multiplayer and won't have anyone to play co-op with..

[quote name='seanr1221']Yes, definitely worth 800 points.[/QUOTE]
i second this. worth the money. i have it on my pc and iphone as well and bought it the day it came out for 1200 and haven't regretted it one bit.

[quote name='GunstarRed']DeathSpank is awesome! It's genuinely funny and I'm finding myself wasting hours on end in the game. Definitely getting my points worth out of it.

Everyone should at least give the demo a try. It let's you play a 20+ minute session.[/QUOTE]

Bought the first one the other day - I haven't had a chance to play it yet but I really enjoyed the demo when I played it a while back. On the fence about whether to get the second one also... on one hand, everyone seems to be loving these games and it'll probably be a while before it's on sale to this price again. But on the other hand, I have a big backlog already and am planning to pick up Beyond Good & Evil/Torchlight in a few weeks, and will I really play the second one if it's so similar to the first?

Regardless, I love the fact that so many quality XBLA games have been on sale lately. Like someone said earlier, I'm pretty much exclusively buying arcade games that are on sale for 500-600 pts now and ended up with a really solid collection.

[quote name='brkptr']Bought the first one the other day - I haven't had a chance to play it yet but I really enjoyed the demo when I played it a while back. On the fence about whether to get the second one also... on one hand, everyone seems to be loving these games and it'll probably be a while before it's on sale to this price again. But on the other hand, I have a big backlog already and am planning to pick up Beyond Good & Evil/Torchlight in a few weeks, and will I really play the second one if it's so similar to the first?

Regardless, I love the fact that so many quality XBLA games have been on sale lately. Like someone said earlier, I'm pretty much exclusively buying arcade games that are on sale for 500-600 pts now and ended up with a really solid collection.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the on the 2nd deathspank but I keep hearing almost everybody say if you liked the 1st you will loved the 2nd. Plus it's funnier too so I figure if there is so many saying this who have played the 1st through and going on to the 2nd when they no doubt have other stuff they could play as well, I will likely feel the same.

Just picked up the latest Deathspank for 600, enjoying it so far.
Thinking about picking up Microbot for 400 points, though I'm still on the fence about it, Seems like the game could get really interesting towards the end when you unlock more "ports" for your vessel. Anyone know how long of a game it is?

Also, I'm sitting on about 1800 points right now, not sure what to get with it either.

Recent purchases include: RDR: Undead Nightmare, Hydrothunder, Risk, Fallout New Vegas.

I am really torn. I just got Dragon Age: Origins, but haven't received it yet, and have no idea if I even like it yet. Do I get the content? Since I got a used copy, do I get Stone Prisoner (which isn't even on sale)? These sales kill me, as I usually end up getting extra content I usually don't even get around to.

Seems to make more sense to get XBLA games instead of add-on packs. I guess I should probably just wait on an XBLA game I REALLY want to go on sale.

Plants vs Zombies is worth whatever it's up for. I just bought it on DS (already have it on Mac and XBLA) for $20 and I couldn't be happier.

Plants vs Zombies is a must-have for pretty much any gamer. I'm not a fan of tower defense games, but the theme of this Popcap gem won my heart. My husband also played it, even more than I did.

Yeah I should also note that strategy games and tower defense games in general are NOT something I'd like to play. This completely gave me a new look on the genre.

Dont want to piss on the PvZ parade (I *do* own it on PC), but why are people so obsessed that they have to have it on 3 and 4 different platforms? I could *maybe* see a home (Xbla/PC) and a portable (iOS/DS) version, but I dont see a reason to have a PC version and a XBLA version, especially if it's true that there is no online multiplayer on the XBLA version (that would be the one reason I'd think about grabbing it).

On topic: gonna grab the NHL and NFL arcade games and Hydrophobia when it drops. Still a little squishy on the Deathspanks (hate the name and think Tim Schafer is a bit overrated as a game designer).

[quote name='hostyl1']Dont want to piss on the PvZ parade (I *do* own it on PC), but why are people so obsessed that they have to have it on 3 and 4 different platforms? I could *maybe* see a home (Xbla/PC) and a portable (iOS/DS) version, but I dont see a reason to have a PC version and a XBLA version, especially if it's true that there is no online multiplayer on the XBLA version (that would be the one reason I'd think about grabbing it).

On topic: gonna grab the NHL and NFL arcade games and Hydrophobia when it drops. Still a little squishy on the Deathspanks (hate the name and think Tim Schafer is a bit overrated as a game designer).[/QUOTE]

You're in luck, Ron Gilbert created DeathSpank, not Tim Schafer.

[quote name='hostyl1']Dont want to piss on the PvZ parade (I *do* own it on PC), but why are people so obsessed that they have to have it on 3 and 4 different platforms? I could *maybe* see a home (Xbla/PC) and a portable (iOS/DS) version, but I dont see a reason to have a PC version and a XBLA version, especially if it's true that there is no online multiplayer on the XBLA version (that would be the one reason I'd think about grabbing it).[/QUOTE]

The XBLA version has local multiplayer, which is a blast. It's the only version with any multiplayer, so that makes it pretty special. Plus the PC and XBLA versions have different minigames. Also, some people just want to be able to play it wherever they are (like a-me), so owning it on multiple platforms helps.

I'm sure it's been asked before but how was Hydrophobia "retooled"? And it says it will be 50% off (400pts), wasn't it $15 (1200pts)? I'm no mathematician but... Or did they permanently drop the price to 800pys recently? I thought that was just a sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back