XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kidrocklive']What do you mean by the disc not doing the unlocks? For anybody wondering the disc UN achievements do stack and go under the regular RDR achievement list[/QUOTE]

I was referring to not doing the item unlocks; I thought that was apparent but will admit that my phrasing is occasionally confusing (even for me).

[quote name='BingoBrown']dark_inchworm - It's really quite simple as to why, the content is on the disc when you buy the Undead Nightmare Collection on disc. Therefore vanilla RDR doesn't know that you own the DLC, and thus can't provide the new weapons in the vanilla RDR campaign. I'm sure Rockstar could make a workaround for the issue, but it's probably something they just don't care about.

In short, if you want the new weapons in your vanilla RDR single-player campaign, buy the DLC version of Undead Nightmare Collection. If you're fine not having the weapons, then you can purchase the disc version.[/quote]

Yeah, I understand that much, but thank you for clarifying regardless. Their support for the game is strong enough that maybe they'll eventually be that courteous... possibly... perhaps... so I'm going to refrain from dropping those points until they cater to my sorry ass or this DLC inevitably goes on sale again.

Does anyone else find it upsetting that Microsoft will put Xbox Originals on sale but has killed off any further releases or BC updates?

[quote name='wolve']I'm in for Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den. Only problem is that I only have 200 points and Xbox.com won't take my CC. Tried to buy an point code on Amazon, but that's unavailable. What gives? :p

Guess I might have to actually drop by the local Best Buy just for a point card.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried adding your PayPal acct?

Just thought I'd give some incite into the Mafia 2 DLC. I read up and it seems like the Jimmy one is more of an arcade style just do this do that sort of thing. The Joe DLC actually has story to it so I'd guess if you were to get one of them, get Joe.

[quote name='DJP519']Minerva's Den is finally on sale? Sweet! I'm in for that![/QUOTE]

This was my train of thought this morning to. Supposedly Minerva's Den was one of the best, if not the best DLC out in 2010 and some people say It was better then the single player campaign itself. So for $5 I had to download it.

RDR Undead Nightmare I'm not sure what to do right now. For DLC that comes in disc form I would love to have the disc copy over digital, however the price discount is pretty big and I think It's gonna be hard to find the stand alone disc for $15 or less in the future but maybe far down the road? I guess I'll wait cause I would mainly get it just for more achievements.

I am thinking of getting PB Winterbottowm. Also, I have been kicking around for a long time about Pirates. How is it? Is it a remake of Pirates from the Commodore 64 days?

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Does anyone else find it upsetting that Microsoft will put Xbox Originals on sale but has killed off any further releases or BC updates?[/QUOTE]Yeah, that stinks, but what I find upsetting is that they want $15 for old xbox games, when they can be bought much cheaper elsewhere.

I wish these DLC deals would work for multiple systems. I have RDR for PS3 and would love the Undead Nightmare DLC for half off. I don't think it's ever been on sale on the PSN.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I think It's gonna be hard to find the stand alone disc for $15 or less in the future but maybe far down the road?[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, it was $18.99 a few days ago on Amazon's gold box, and was $19.99 at some point at Kmart, as well. Personally, it was worth the extra few $ for the disc version so I can trade-in my copy of the original Red Dead and just keep Undead for multi.

I'm tempted on Bioshock 2 (Minerva, heard great things) and Mafia 2 (just beat it) since they seem like good prices, as well as PB.

[quote name='mer71']Also, I have been kicking around for a long time about Pirates. How is it? Is it a remake of Pirates from the Commodore 64 days?[/QUOTE]Not sure if it's good or bad, but yeah, it's a remake of the 1987 game.

I hope Microsoft does another of their "Buy these certain things or a certain amount, get ### points back" deals.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']
Does anyone else find it upsetting that Microsoft will put Xbox Originals on sale but has killed off any further releases or BC updates?[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit upset that we don't get any more updates since there are still a few non-BC Xbox games worth playing, though if they take the route that Sony seems to be taking with HD remakes of older titles I won't mind too much. What does get me, though, is that with a pretty hefty catalog of BC titles they still won't digitize them and put them up on Games On Demand. It may be pricier than eBay, Goozex, or similar places but having them available at all on the digital marketplace would be a good way to preserve them should discs become harder to find.

------------

Too many things for me on the sale even though I picked up a few before on previous sales. Already got Max Payne and Axel & pixel this morning. I have to get more points later in the week for Minerva's Den, both Mafia 2 packs, and the Midnight Club LA pack. If there's still a community out there playing Bioshock 2 multiplayer, I might cave in to those add-ons as well.

[quote name='mer71']I am thinking of getting PB Winterbottowm. Also, I have been kicking around for a long time about Pirates. How is it? Is it a remake of Pirates from the Commodore 64 days?[/QUOTE]

I have it for PC, and I really enjoyed it when it first came out. I was thinking about purchasing it as well on 360, but haven't decided yet. Yes it is a remake of the Commodore 64 version.

Wow, good deals! Gta iv: tlad @ 400 ms points is a bargain!!! Think I'll finally get the ballad of gay Tony dlc. Question about read dead redemption, if I buy the Undead Nightmare Collection pack for 1000 ms points is the rdr original game disc required to play this dlc online? I just wanna go online and kill zombies.

[quote name='cancerman1120']My general theory on DLC sales for games I have but may not have played yet is to get them if you have the points and hope you like the game. The main reason is that most DLC never gets a permanent price drop and the older a game gets the less liklihood you will see a sale for it. So far it has worked well for me but I am sure there will be a game that I will have DLC for but not like. Right now I am on the fence for Mafia II since I just bought it but won't play it most likely for another month. I know I would NEVER pay $20 for both DLCs but $10 is doable as long as I like the main game.[/QUOTE]

Point taken. The likelihood of another sale catching my attention is rather slim. Only under the rarest of circumstances do I sell or trade in games anyway so you've talked me into it, ugh. After all a mere 1600 to complete my BO2 DLC collection AND snag RDR's in the process is a great deal. Especially when my out of pocket is more or less zilch with the free point card I hope to receive via Kmart's DS2 promotion.

Of course I'm not slapping down a purchase until I get that card in my hands later tonight.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Wow, good deals! Gta iv: tlad @ 400 ms points is a bargain!!! Think I'll finally get the ballad of gay Tony dlc. Question about read dead redemption, if I buy the Undead Nightmare Collection pack for 1000 ms points is the rdr original game disc required to play this dlc online? I just wanna go online and kill zombies.[/QUOTE]

The original RDR disc is required for any of the DLC.

[quote name='Venent']How is the add-on content for Bioshock 2 (other than Minerva's Den)?[/QUOTE]

Do not buy Sinclair Solutions, it is only worth it if you are not buying Rapture Metro. Rapture Metro is only worth it if you want the achievements, without a boosting lobby you cannot play the maps. Protector Trials is worth it if you enjoyed defending the little sisters in single player, it has a bunch of missions like that.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Dang I was really hoping the claptrap avatar prop would be on sale.

Downloading the Axel & Pixel and Misadventures of PB Winterbottom demos now. Will try them when I get home from work. I've heard the latter is quite good. Anyone like either of them?[/QUOTE]

PB Winterbottom is definitely worth the 400pts. It is a fun platform puzzler.

Personally, I don't buy DLC. I can't justify buying content for the game I already bought. The game should come complete, because paying for additional content the company sometimes half-heartedly releases for higher sales numbers seems like a rip-off to me.

So the new sale sucks from my perspective.

[quote name='Blade']Personally, I don't buy DLC. I can't justify buying content for the game I already bought. The game should come complete, because paying for additional content the company sometimes half-heartedly releases for higher sales numbers seems like a rip-off to me.

So the new sale sucks from my perspective.[/QUOTE]

I like dlc if it is good and at a reasonable price but I certainly agree with you that its a rip off. For instance I got ps3 borderlands for 7.49. How do I justify some dlc level for 9.99?

[quote name='typical guy']I like dlc if it is good and at a reasonable price but I certainly agree with you that its a rip off. For instance I got ps3 borderlands for 7.49. How do I justify some dlc level for 9.99?[/QUOTE]
Easy, especially when it's not just a single level. It's a large expansive area that builds upon the game. You're really missing out, too. The actual game of Borderlands pales in comparison to the excellent DLC.

sucks about the rdr game disc being required, as the stand alone disc sold @ retail is about the same thing except it's on a disc and this dlc would be saved on my hd (kinda stupid imo). Anyways, The Protector Trials & Rapture Metro Pack are the only things i'll pick up from bo2 I guess since they're online multiplayer based. The other 2 are single player and I don't care much for campaign modes anymore. Good deals :]

In for undead nightmare and possibly Gay tony. gonna be giving rockstar some $$$ in the near future

I'm going to need more points... lots and lots of more points...

The main question I'm asking myself now is do I just get undead nightmare for the awesome price of $5 or get it all for $12.50.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Anyone have experience with San Andreas on 360?[/QUOTE]

I downloaded it when it was on sale a couple months ago. I've played a couple hours so far.

[quote name='Blade']Personally, I don't buy DLC. I can't justify buying content for the game I already bought. The game should come complete, because paying for additional content the company sometimes half-heartedly releases for higher sales numbers seems like a rip-off to me.[/QUOTE]

I used to think DLC was lame as why should I pay extra for the game as well. Then I got into Fallout 3. Ya that game will change your mind about DLC. Additional story lines, Upgraded level caps, & new improved items; you get so much more to your game. If you truly do love a game, DLC is a great way to extend your experience after you finish it. Plus if you think about it in other mediums, why do you pay extra for a directors/extended cut of a movie when it comes out? Shouldnt they have just added that into the regular theatrical version of it?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']
The main question I'm asking myself now is do I just get undead nightmare for the awesome price of $5 or get it all for $12.50.[/QUOTE]

This is my question, want Undead nightmare for sure, Cheats and liars looks like it adds some to MP, but legends & killers, looks a little lame with just maps. I havent even started RDR yet so not sure if I'd even want the MP.

[quote name='salty tbone']What game is incomplete without DLC?[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake. I felt that the ending of the game on disc was lacking and the DLC is pretty much required to enjoy the story fully. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game and I bought the DLC when it was on sale and have no regrets.

I have no problem with story-based DLC, it's the kind I prefer. I don't care for weapon or costume packs. I loved Demons of the Badlands for Red Faction. It was a fleshed out, lengthy piece of content that served as a prequel. I thought the Mass Effect 2 DLC was great when played along with the main game.

If the Alan Wake DLC had been episodes 7 & 8 instead of specials, I don't think it would have integrated properly with the main game, but they still used it to finish the story, which is kind of lame. If they hadn't been released and on my hard drive when I finished the game, I think I would have been disappointed.

[quote name='downsouthtigger']This is my question, want Undead nightmare for sure, Cheats and liars looks like it adds some to MP, but legends & killers, looks a little lame with just maps. I havent even started RDR yet so not sure if I'd even want the MP.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. I have Liars and Cheats and I want to get Undead Nightmare, but I'm not sure about Legends and Killers.

[quote name='Blade']Personally, I don't buy DLC. I can't justify buying content for the game I already bought. The game should come complete, because paying for additional content the company sometimes half-heartedly releases for higher sales numbers seems like a rip-off to me.

I hate this logic. If a game isn't worth the asking price for what it contains, don't buy it. Yes, you can bring into question day one DLC and whatnot, but at the end of the day, no one is forcing you to buy anything. But judging a game based on content that is released afterward is unfair. Do you go to a restaurant and complain that there "could be more" food on your plate? There always "could be more"...with anything. How come the next Harry Potter movie is being split into two parts? Must be some dirty tactic to drive up sales numbers! What a rip off!

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Anyone have pros/cons of Episodes of Liberty city downloadable VS disc-version?[/QUOTE]

Other than being able to sell your disc based DLC I do not think there are any differences but I could be wrong.

[quote name='intoxicated662']The other 2 are single player and I don't care much for campaign modes anymore. Good deals :][/QUOTE]

Minerva's Den was well reviewed and even snagged some end of the year nods. I'd look into it before you pass on it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Other than being able to sell your disc based DLC I do not think there are any differences but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you're completely correct. No real differences in loading, performance, or anything of the sort.

[quote name='Venent']
Boosting lobby? Why can't you play the maps?[/QUOTE]

When the new BioShock 2 maps came out, there was no way to pick them in public multiplayer. You had to be in a lobby where everyone had the DLC maps, or the game wouldn't pick it. And if you were in a non-full lobby with a DLC map and someone without the maps joined between matches, it would revert to the original maps. There was talk about a patch adding a DLC map option to the multiplayer lobby, but 2k eventually decided against it.

So people used online forums set up times to play online and hope to get the new maps. Because of the extra hassle getting matches on the new maps, people boosted on them rather than play normally. Solo ADAM grab seems to be the most popular choice, since only 4 people are needed to start a match. Everyone holds the Little Sister for the same amount of time (first place ties count as wins for the achievement) and those not holding the Little Sister take turns hacking turrets, boosting their multiplayer EXP. Finding people to play with outside the lobby isn't absolutely necessary, I was able to get the map achievements by checking for solo ADAM grab games on weekend afternoons, but a lot of people don't have the patience for just sitting the lobby waiting for people and hoping a DLC map is chosen.

Have to agree with those questioning your broad generalization. There is good DLC that really extends and adds to an already solid game experience (Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake, Undead Nightmare) and there is bad DLC that comes out day and date and is obviously a cash-in using material that should have been on the disc. You can't just write it all off in one fell swoop.

It's like saying movie sequels are all cynical cash-ins. Many of them are, but standouts like "The Empire Strikes Back" and "The Godfather Part II" make powerful counterarguments.

[quote name='salty tbone']What game is incomplete without DLC?[/QUOTE]

Pinball FX? ;)

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Easy, especially when it's not just a single level. It's a large expansive area that builds upon the game. You're really missing out, too. The actual game of Borderlands pales in comparison to the excellent DLC.[/QUOTE]

Which one are you talking about that isn't a single level? I haven't even played borderlands, it's in my backlog. Which peice of dlc builds on the story?

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Anyone have pros/cons of Episodes of Liberty city downloadable VS disc-version?[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, the disc version comes with new music and radio stations, while the DLC does not.

I think I'll pass on the Mafia 2 DLC based on some reviews, but I am going to pick up TLaD to complete my GTA4 collection, as I already own TBoGT via XBLM. That's it for me on the R*/2K sale.

[quote name='typical guy']Which one are you talking about that isn't a single level? I haven't even played borderlands, it's in my backlog. Which peice of dlc builds on the story?[/QUOTE]

All the Borderlands DLC (except The Underdome, which is just a horde mode that should be avoided) adds larger new areas, more enemies, more story, etc.

Claptrap

• raises the level cap (+ 8 Levels) Oops this is wrong. This was patched in w/o the DLC
  • adds new areas
  • adds new enemies
  • more story
Armory

• raises the level cap (+11 Levels)
  • adds new areas
  • adds new enemies
  • adds new loot/weapons
  • more story
  • adds a regenerating "end boss" to do loot runs on
Dr Ned

• adds new areas
  • adds new enemies
  • more story
Borderlands isn't really a game about story. The story is just there to make you chuckle and push you along the path to grind more levels and loot

[quote name='typical guy']Which one are you talking about that isn't a single level? I haven't even played borderlands, it's in my backlog. Which peice of dlc builds on the story?[/QUOTE]

The plots of Secret Armory of General Knoxx and Claptrap's New Robot Revolution both extend the main story. Zombie Island is a side story. Moxxi is a Horde type mode and adds a bank to store weapons / items.

[quote name='bsmiff']If I'm not mistaken, the disc version comes with new music and radio stations, while the DLC does not.

I think I'll pass on the Mafia 2 DLC based on some reviews, but I am going to pick up TLaD to complete my GTA4 collection, as I already own TBoGT via XBLM. That's it for me on the R*/2K sale.[/QUOTE]

I have the D/L version and I got the new radio/tv stations

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I hate this logic. If a game isn't worth the asking price for what it contains, don't buy it. Yes, you can bring into question day one DLC and whatnot, but at the end of the day, no one is forcing you to buy anything. But judging a game based on content that is released afterward is unfair. Do you go to a restaurant and complain that there "could be more" food on your plate? There always "could be more"...with anything. How come the next Harry Potter movie is being split into two parts? Must be some dirty tactic to drive up sales numbers! What a rip off![/QUOTE]
Thank you! What I was trying to think/say/convey, but couldn't do it without some profanity or jumbled up words.

[quote name='reddjoey']All the Borderlands DLC (except The Underdome, which is just a horde mode that should be avoided) adds larger new areas, more enemies, more story, etc.

Claptrap

• raises the level cap (+ 8 Levels)
  • adds new areas
  • adds new enemies
  • more story
Armory

• raises the level cap (+11 Levels)
  • adds new areas
  • adds new enemies
  • adds new loot/weapons
  • more story
  • adds a regenerating "end boss" to do loot runs on
Dr Ned

• adds new areas
  • adds new enemies
  • more story
Borderlands isn't really a game about story. The story is just there to make you chuckle and push you along the path to grind more levels and loot[/QUOTE]

So the best two are claptrap and the armory? What's the deal with this zombie island? I am weary of a zone that isn't part of the story and adds.....zombies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back