XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BudzMcGee']It will... if it works. Likely though, people who own only an xbox, or prefer to game on it, will buy Portal 2 for the xbox. Very, very few people will go out and buy a PS3 because Portal 2 will be better supported on it, and Microsoft knows this. Xbox versions of games do typically sell better than PS3 simply because more people own Xbox's. If by chance Portal 2 sells better on PS3 Microsoft might, MIGHT, view that as a sign. Course, valve also will have to hold their end and give a good reason to believe PS3 owners "got more for their money", and furthermore Microsoft will need to genuinely believe both of these factors are connected. Then, maybe then, they'll reconsider how they do business.[/QUOTE]

+1
My thoughts exactly. MS doesnt really *have* to play extra-nice-nice with the third parties because they already offer 3rd parties something Sony doesnt (at least in North America) "Butts in Seats"! It might be something they'll consider for the next generation but the truth is, if a 3rd party wants to realize major sales, they should release on 360 even without extra incentives.

That said, if I were to buy Portal 2 (still on the fence), I would buy it on the PS3. Not because of the extra support, but simply cause the PS3 version also comes with the Steam version.

[quote name='reddjoey']The only dev I trust with episodic content is TellTale and I honestly think they are turning their back on XBLA development. I can't blame them, I am pretty sure I have only bought one of their games on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Episodic games don't seem to do well on xbla for some reason. PC gamers like them, but each episode winds up with much lower sales than the previous (on xbla).

I own a lot of xbla games and I don't think I own any episodic games. I own Case Zero and Case West, but those are they exception I think, standalone prequel and epilogue for a major release.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Episodic games don't seem to do well on xbla for some reason. PC gamers like them, but each episode winds up with much lower sales than the previous (on xbla).[/QUOTE]I myself don't have any either... For a number of reasons.

1) I would rather wait till it's 'finished' as there's little reason to start something that might not get finished..

2) … and at some point I think theirs a good chance that the game will get a retail release... and if that's the case I would much rather own it in that manner.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I myself don't have any either... For a number of reasons.
1) I would rather wait till it's 'finished' as there's little reason to start something that might not get finished..
[/QUOTE]

This is why I finally decided not to get Hydrophobia.

[quote name='genfuyung']I was really liking Hydrophobia...and then it ended super suddenly. Is this supposed to be an episodic game or something? I can't believe how short it is. It literally goes to a cutscene that is obviously leading to the next objective and then the achievement for beating the game pops. Wtf?[/QUOTE]

This may have persuaded me not to buy Hydrophobia after all. I'm not as attached to a game's story as most people are, but knowing that there is an abrupt ending really turns me off to the idea of giving money to a game that isn't finished. You're right, this is a quarter of a game. I'm glad the developers re-released the game with the proper controls, but they should have finished it then too, or had the sense to put "Episode 1" in the title. As unpopular as "Episode" games are on the XBLA, I'd rather know from the title what I'm getting myself into.

[quote name='metallicoholic']This may have persuaded me not to buy Hydrophobia after all. I'm not as attached to a game's story as most people are, but knowing that there is an abrupt ending really turns me off to the idea of giving money to a game that isn't finished. You're right, this is a quarter of a game. I'm glad the developers re-released the game with the proper controls, but they should have finished it then too, or had the sense to put "Episode 1" in the title. As unpopular as "Episode" games are on the XBLA, I'd rather know from the title what I'm getting myself into.[/QUOTE]

I bought Hydrophobia the other day on sale and finished it last night. Very short game. The ending did make it feel like an episode, but you know what? The game was fun for the price ($5), and I couldn't see myself enjoying it over a longer playing time with more content.

I don't know how I missed it last week but I'm disappointed I didn't catch the Bioshock 2 DLC. Picked up hydrophobia though. I played the demo when it came out and enjoyed it so if its gotten better great.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is Iron Man 2 on Games on Demand? What's it going for?[/QUOTE]It's probably the movie and not the game, since it's listed next to another movie, unless they made a game from She's Out Of My League.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is Iron Man 2 on Games on Demand? What's it going for?[/QUOTE]

The game is $7.99 at Familyvideo.com.

I wonder if Pinball HoF is coming to XBLA or not. I can't find any news on it since announced. I'm curious as to what tables are going to be in this version since most of the ones on the PS2 disc version were a little too basic for my tastes. Williams Collection is awesome though!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is Iron Man 2 on Games on Demand? What's it going for?[/QUOTE]

Both of my targets have piles of them clearanced for 4.98 but I have too many good games in the backlog to bother buying them.

[quote name='hellhunde']I'm still hoping for Costume Quest to go on sale sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that. I see PSN has it on sale for cheap now, come on XBL!

[quote name='typical guy']Both of my targets have piles of them clearanced for 4.98 but I have too many good games in the backlog to bother buying them.[/QUOTE]

I've played it. You're better off spending the $5 on... well anything. I played it as a free rental and still felt ripped off.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I've played it. You're better off spending the $5 on... well anything. I played it as a free rental and still felt ripped off.[/QUOTE]

I did just notice Amazon trade in is 1.50 more than target is selling it for but I'm not sure its worth my time for that flip. What's the max number of the same game you can trade in there?

[quote name='typical guy']I did just notice Amazon trade in is 1.50 more than target is selling it for but I'm not sure its worth my time for that flip. What's the max number of the same game you can trade in there?[/QUOTE]

$1.50 profit isn't worth anyone's time. You'd have to send in the games, wait a few weeks for the third party to approve them, then wait for your Amazon credit. Also, they turn down sealed copies of games if they have a surplus.

Let's get back to XBLA discussions. I agree with Costume Quest!

Just checked the polls and Pac-Man is still winning with 40% of the vote. Shocked that Castlevania is in second and Marvel Pinball and Lara Croft are bringing up the rear. With how much chatter there is here about Marvel I expected it to be a tight race between it and Pac-Man. Who thefuck is voting for Castlevania for more than it's already been on sale for? GAH!

Tried Aqua. Boring twin stick shooter-pass. Hydrophobia seemed like it had potential but I'm just not feeling it. After reading various complaints from others I think I'll have to pass on it as well. Come on M$ put some good games on sale and take my money already!

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']I hope Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den goes on sale soon. I so desperately want to return to the Rapture![/QUOTE]

are you taking the fucking piss!!!

[quote name='kburns10']I wonder if Pinball HoF is coming to XBLA or not. I can't find any news on it since announced. I'm curious as to what tables are going to be in this version since most of the ones on the PS2 disc version were a little too basic for my tastes. Williams Collection is awesome though![/QUOTE]

Well, I remember long, long ago Pinball HoF was supposed to be released on XBLA but they ended up going for a disc release. It has all of the tables the PS2/Wii version does but has No Good Gofers, Arabian Nights, and Medieval Madness. It's completely worth the cost for those tables, I had a lot of fun with No Good Gofers.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']I hope Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den goes on sale soon. I so desperately want to return to the Rapture![/QUOTE]

Really? Is this a sarcastic post? I can't tell but Minerva's Den was JUST on sale last week for 50% off - there are like 50 posts in this thread about it!

deals for next couple week posted up on Major Nelson's blog...

Week of February 7 – Retro Shooter:
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Space Invaders Infinity Gene, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, 400 Microsoft Points (67 percent off)
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, 400 Microsoft Points
Galaga Legions, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)

Week of February 14:
Blacklight: Tango Down, 600 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Risk Factions, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)

look forward to getting the Serious Sams!!!

edit: Someone beat me to it...

I'm glad I held off on the second Serious Sam when it was on sale last time. At 400 points, it's a must-buy. I'll have to check out the demo for Blacklight: Tango Down.

So what's the general consensus on BC: Rearmed 2? I think most will probably say its better to wait until it goes on sale, but I was hoping to get some Thumbs Up or Thumbs down perspectives.

[quote name='Rollobobo']So what's the general consensus on BC: Rearmed 2? I think most will probably say its better to wait until it goes on sale, but I was hoping to get some Thumbs Up or Thumbs down perspectives.[/QUOTE]

I know IGN said the preview was downright terrible but hopefully the final build will be a bit different.

[quote name='javeryh']Really? Is this a sarcastic post? I can't tell but Minerva's Den was JUST on sale last week for 50% off - there are like 50 posts in this thread about it![/QUOTE]

I missed it as well - I had assumed it was on sale for the week of Jan. 31st, based on when I had originally looked at the OP. So I'd also like it to go on sale again. That said, it'll probably be back on sale by the time I'd have a chance to play it anyway.

Looks like I'll be picking up a number of the old-school shooters next week - I can never get enough Geometry Wars ;)

Yeah, I can't count how many times I've seen Risk on sale.

As for Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, it's good, but the original is better. I'd get it, or perhaps wait until it's $10, though not sure how long that'll be. The whole "you can jump now" deal isn't that big, since it's not that high (mainly, just for getting over barrels & reaching that ledge or ceiling that's just out of reach) & you're not forced into using it (there's a Retro Mode which disables the jump button, or you can be like me & just not press it in the 1st place. The game will tell you if you beat a stage w/o jumping) & it only seems like they added it for people who haven't played the original on NES or the 1st Rearmed.

Nice! I'm in for Duke Nukem for sure. I thought the demo was a lot of fun and I love those types of side scrollers. I'll have to check out demos of some others. Now I wonder if The Warriors Street Brawl is ever gonna go on sale? Probably not...

[quote name='javeryh']Really? Is this a sarcastic post? I can't tell but Minerva's Den was JUST on sale last week for 50% off - there are like 50 posts in this thread about it![/QUOTE]
REALLY!? I really should check this thread more often. Ah well, hopefully it'll be on sale in another year... :(

[quote name='EarthKing']Holy crap...Excuse my language but I'm actually interested in all those games expect Risk...I guess it's time to buy more MS points lol.[/QUOTE]

What language?

[quote name='mightymek']Nice! I'm in for Duke Nukem for sure. I thought the demo was a lot of fun and I love those types of side scrollers. I'll have to check out demos of some others. Now I wonder if The Warriors Street Brawl is ever gonna go on sale? Probably not...[/QUOTE]

I have it, I finished it (easy 200 points), but I cannot recommend it. Except for some boss battles, you really don't do anything in the rest of the game that isn't in that demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back