XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Skoad']I had a horrible feeling MS was going to make BG&E 1600 points. Good thing I'm retarded.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if they charged that much seeing that the "xbox originals" version is still 1200 points.

So before I pull the trigger-now I've become overly paranoid-Space Invaders Infinity Gene has not been made available on disc as of now right? If it goes on disc later oh well I just don't want to download it if I can get it on disc now.

I'm fairly confident none of the other DotW games are on disc atm (save for Geometry Wars 2 bundled in the game pack I'm currently looking for a good deal on).

[quote name='EarthKing']I wouldn't be surprised if they charged that much seeing that the "xbox originals" version is still 1200 points.[/QUOTE]

Is BG&E offered as an xbox original?

Is yugioh worth purchasing though for 400 ms points? Couldn't beat the cpu in the demo and don't want it if I can't get some fun out of the game+some achievements.

risk factions is on sale again? I guess that's good for the people that missed it the first 1 millionth time...

[quote name='Thrinn']Is BG&E offered as an xbox original?[/QUOTE]

I believe so. Its been offered for years and I saw it still up on Sunday...Check in the games marketplace....I don't know with the HD rerelease if they will take it down or not.

EDIT: NVM I just checked myself and looks like they pulled it. That's strange...>_> Oh well we will be getting a better and cheaper version anyway...I'm glad Ubisoft broke the trend of pricing things 1200pts...That's good news atleast.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='intoxicated662']Is yugioh worth purchasing though for 400 ms points? Couldn't beat the cpu in the demo and don't want it if I can't get some fun out of the game+some achievements.[/QUOTE]

I had the same sentiment a couple posts back. My friend who's actually played YuGiOh before couldn't beat the computer. Im guessing you have to lose a bunch and build up a deck before you can actually start winning. Or you can buy some deck unlocks. Considering the game seems to just flash some cards and not really do anything else I think it's safe to pass. Was kind of hoping for a more visual battle system like the show-yes I've seen snippets of the show and it did seem kinda interesting.

[quote name='MSUHitman']What's the names of the good/decent poker Indie games? I was playing one once that seemed ok but I'm not an indie games expert.[/QUOTE]

Previously free: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...-d802584107f6?downloadType=Unknown&noSplash=1

Five dollar indie games title: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...-d80258550412?downloadType=Unknown&noSplash=1

One dollar indie games title: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...-d80258550764?downloadType=Unknown&noSplash=1

This new Poker game should be FREE, and ad supported. THAT is the legacy of 1 vs. 100. It wasn't great because you could play it against 100 other people. It was great because it was FREE, and because it was something that almost anyone could enjoy. First MS cancels 1 vs. 100 even though they're making millions from xbox subscriptions, then they screw everyone out of the REAL Joyride, and now this. Ugh.

[quote name='eastx']i promise you'll never beat galaga legions, dude. Not unless you're giving up all other games for a year to concentrate on it or something.[/quote]

[quote name='gordojones88']truth.
The developer apologized that the game was so butt-raping hard, he wrote a help guide.
The average good gamer will never see anything past level 2.
You will only be able to play a small part of the game.
A good many features will never be unlocked.
With several years of patience and practice you might beat level 3.
Still, it is worth $5.
[/quote]

lol

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']Previously free: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...-d802584107f6?downloadType=Unknown&noSplash=1

Five dollar indie games title: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...-d80258550412?downloadType=Unknown&noSplash=1

One dollar indie games title: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...-d80258550764?downloadType=Unknown&noSplash=1

This new Poker game should be FREE, and ad supported. THAT is the legacy of 1 vs. 100. It wasn't great because you could play it against 100 other people. It was great because it was FREE, and because it was something that almost anyone could enjoy. First MS cancels 1 vs. 100 even though they're making millions from xbox subscriptions, then they screw everyone out of the REAL Joyride, and now this. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

I miss 1 vs 100 =/. Nothing was funnier than watching a good 60ish people get eliminated for confusing a Seat Belt with a Fireman's Pole

[quote name='gordojones88']Truth.
The developer apologized that the game was so butt-raping hard, he wrote a help guide.
The average good gamer will never see anything past level 2.
You will only be able to play a small part of the game.
A good many features will never be unlocked.
With several years of patience and practice you might beat level 3.
Still, it is worth $5.

Mmmm, Subway has $5 footlongs all month too.[/QUOTE] that link is awesome for some reason

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']
This new Poker game should be FREE, and ad supported. THAT is the legacy of 1 vs. 100. It wasn't great because you could play it against 100 other people. It was great because it was FREE, and because it was something that almost anyone could enjoy. First MS cancels 1 vs. 100 even though they're making millions from xbox subscriptions, then they screw everyone out of the REAL Joyride, and now this. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, yeah, they should pay you to play it, right? The loss of 1 vs 100 is a separate issue from a new poker game coming out and costing money. Full House Poker looks like a fully-featured poker game, and it shares connectivity with the Windows Phone 7 version, which is really cool. If $10 is such a big deal to you, I doubt you wanted to play it that badly.

[quote name='eastx']Yeah, yeah, they should pay you to play it, right? The loss of 1 vs 100 is a separate issue from a new poker game coming out and costing money. Full House Poker looks like a fully-featured poker game, and it shares connectivity with the Windows Phone 7 version, which is really cool. If $10 is such a big deal to you, I doubt you wanted to play it that badly.[/QUOTE]

The complaints largely come from the fact that when they announced they were pulling 1 vs 100 they said essentially that it would be replaced by a new game using much of the same mechanics ironed out in 1 vs 100.

Then they announced Full House Poker and described it as 1 vs 100's spiritual successor. There is good reason why people not only assumed this was the game Microsoft mentioned when they pulled 1 vs 100, making it the replacement for the free game that was removed; creating many hopeful gamers who expected it to be a new free game.

Microsoft then announced that the game would really be nothing like 1 vs 100 and cost money.

Really someone working PR for Microsoft screwed up the phrasing, but it is understandable why people are disappointed with 1 vs 100's "replacement" costing anything.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']The complaints largely come from the fact that when they announced they were pulling 1 vs 100 they said essentially that it would be replaced by a new game using much of the same mechanics ironed out in 1 vs 100.

Then they announced Full House Poker and described it as 1 vs 100's spiritual successor. There is good reason why people not only assumed this was the game Microsoft mentioned when they pulled 1 vs 100, making it the replacement for the free game that was removed; creating many hopeful gamers who expected it to be a new free game.

Microsoft then announced that the game would really be nothing like 1 vs 100 and cost money.

Really someone working PR for Microsoft screwed up the phrasing, but it is understandable why people are disappointed with 1 vs 100's "replacement" costing anything.[/QUOTE]

Exactly this. And 800 points? $10 for poker? Poker Night at the Inventory is $5 on Steam, is fully voiced with some good writing, and probably took forever to get the licensing deals worked out with characters from different games.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']The complaints largely come from the fact that when they announced they were pulling 1 vs 100 they said essentially that it would be replaced by a new game using much of the same mechanics ironed out in 1 vs 100.

Then they announced Full House Poker and described it as 1 vs 100's spiritual successor.

Really someone working PR for Microsoft screwed up the phrasing, but it is understandable why people are disappointed with 1 vs 100's "replacement" costing anything.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. 800 points is a perfectly reasonable price for an improved "Texas Hold'em: All In" type arcade game. If MS wasn't advertising this as a replacement for 1 vs. 100, I'd be just fine with everything.

Hell, if I can get some of my friends to pick it up with me, I'll still likely grab it six months from now when it's on sale for 400 points. That doesn't change the fact that MS did a VERY poor job of marketing this game, and they have no one to blame but themselves for a lot of upset customers.

great job, man. i was ready to tell you some of the deals on avatar items were over, but you my friend, are ahead of the game. this is extremely useful info, and i commend you, sir, for keeping this page/info so current. from the majority of CAG, i'd like to say thank you.

[quote name='louiedog']Exactly this. And 800 points? $10 for poker? Poker Night at the Inventory is $5 on Steam, is fully voiced with some good writing, and probably took forever to get the licensing deals worked out with characters from different games.[/QUOTE]

Call me when you're able to play that against real people or participate in 30-player online tournaments. Not that I don't like Poker Night - it's good, simple single-player fun. But a full poker game it is not.

[quote name='eastx']Call me when you're able to play that against real people or participate in 30-player online tournaments. Not that I don't like Poker Night - it's good, simple single-player fun. But a full poker game it is not.[/QUOTE]

I think he was showcasing an example of a poker game that went above and beyond being "just a poker game" and how it still only came in at $5. But the Steam - XBLA comparison is rarely a fair one in terms of price.

$10 isn't an unreasonable amount of money for a game, but it's not hard to imagine this game on the XBLIG channel having been called "Avatar Poker" if not for the mentioned 30-player tournaments. You could have a great time with 1 vs 100 because it had a huge user base due to it being free and it didn't matter if your friends owned it or not because well it just didn't matter, it was fun to get a question right and see how many thousands got it wrong. :lol: People can't help but compare the value of the two games especially when the marketing department makes the mistake of comparing them. In many people's eyes they devalued the Gold Subscription when they removed 1 vs 100. That is a hard attitude to change when its' "replacement" cost money. It really isn't about entitlement.

I'm personally really hoping I get a chance to review this game because I'm curious if there really is a justification for another poker game, let alone it getting more promotion than 90% of XBLA releases other than the avatar/30 players aspects.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']

1) Microsoft already released their own FREE poker game years ago (which is currently no longer free).

2) You can find a great online poker game on the "indie games" channel for only five dollars, and several decent ones for only ONE DOLLAR.[/QUOTE]

What was the "free" poker game they released? Also, which "indie poker game" is $5 and can be played online? Thanks for the info.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Thanks. I just now read the op's original reply, and his response is listed higher up in the thread.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think even the one dollar one has online play. Try them both and decide for yourself. If you want a poker game and don't care about the Windows Phone 7 or massive player tournaments, it could save you some money.

[quote name='hellhunde']They redid the interface for Torchlight for use with a controller, but its the same game otherwise (i.e. no multiplayer). Torchlight 2 will have multiplayer, though.[/QUOTE]

I might just re-buy it because it was such a great game and I'll get achievements out of it as well!

Not sure if this is 100% applicable as an XBLA "deal", but some games & addons are showing up cheaper @ GameStop than on the XBLM. For example, GameStop sells "Super Meat Boy" for $9.99 (YMMV in stacking coupons onto it), but at least that's cheaper than XBLM's price of 1200pts.

If we started a list like this of "alternative XBLA channels", then it would also be good to mention the Arcade compilation discs as well, since they can be had for VERY cheap on the used market.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I might just re-buy it because it was such a great game and I'll get achievements out of it as well![/QUOTE]

They are also adding some content. I know there is another pet you can have or something. I really am thinking about holding off on Torchlight since I have it on PC but I want to support the devs so I might go ahead and use up some of these free Bing points.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Is yugioh worth purchasing though for 400 ms points? Couldn't beat the cpu in the demo and don't want it if I can't get some fun out of the game+some achievements.[/QUOTE]

You can get 70-80 points playing through the game and playing and winning an online match. The REALLY tough matches are the final ones with Yusei and Jack. Those almost made me pull my hair out. Quick tip, if you're about to lose, go to the dashboard, and when you restart, it will be before the beginning of the match you just played.

To get all 200 points, you have to win 100 matches against the CPU, 100 matches online, 200 matches of either type, and do 1,000,000 life points worth of damage over your career.

If you haven't played Yugi in awhile, go through the tutorial mode on synchro monsters. They're a huge factor in the game now and the CPU all use them.

I had a fairly easy time with all of the CPU characters minus Yusei and Jack Atlas and my advice is just to build the best beatdown deck you can until you get better cards. I hadn't played Yugi in 5 years minus some of the GX series of games on PS2 and PSP, but I play Magic XBLA and I was a semi-pro player of the VS. System TCG so I've still been active in TCG's.

I was in the beta for Full House Poker that took place in December and all I can tell you is wait for reviews before you take the plunge.

I'm really not sure why anyone wouldn't thoroughly enjoy Space Invaders Infinity Gene unless you just don't have the same classic arcade sensibilities that I do. The vector-style graphics are a brilliant throwback to classics like Tempest and Asteroids, the soundtrack is a combination of 2600-style fuzzy effects and modern techno, and the pseudo-3D section are the closest thing you'll get to a new Rez.

If you're a classic gamer I just can't see why you wouldn't love this game. I liked Space Invaders Extreme but this blows it out of the water in my opinion. I also haven't bought any of the DLC but have spent 3-4 hours just on the main levels already. Just a great great underrated title.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Nominate Reddjoey for CAG Community Award...
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mightymek']Did that this morning. Good luck reddjoey![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Done and done. reddjoey for president.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I got to swing by there and do my nominations.

On topic: I'm still going to add the compilation discs info to the FAQ. It's a lot of info and only a few discs have content that are likely to go on sale. (The two Sega ones, the PvZ, and Hasbro.) I guess I will just stick it all behind a spoiler tag. Look for that info in a few days

[quote name='Cheddahz']Did anyone here pick up Stacking today? Was wondering if it's any good..[/QUOTE]

I can't even find it on Metacritic. I'll see if I can find some reviews to link of to real quick

[quote name='clickpow']yu-gi-oh is 400 ms points, not sure why doesn't show as deal of week[/QUOTE]

It's in the second post under other sales.

[quote name='Cheddahz']Did anyone here pick up Stacking today? Was wondering if it's any good..[/QUOTE]

Been playing Stacking on PSN. Seems mildly interesting. Didn't find it all that funny yet but the price is right. I would definitely wait for a sale if I was going to buy it on XBLA.

I've gotten through the first level of Stacking, and I'm loving it. The game looks and sounds absolutely beautiful, the dialog is great, and it's incredibly fun to mess around with the different dolls' abilities.

My only complaint is that, so far, the core puzzles have been trivially easy. Each puzzle has multiple solutions, and while all of them are entertaining, none of them (in the first level, anyway) has required much thought. Hopefully the difficulty will ramp up.

I've also heard that the game is short, but I cannot yet speak to whether it feels short, if you know what I mean.

Stacking looks and plays like nothing else, and to me, that's reason enough to support it. If you're not as taken with the look and feel of the game as I am--which you could find out from just the demo, probably--then I can imagine it being a "wait for a sale" sort of an item. But for me, it was a solid day one purchase.

[quote name='reddjoey']Here are 4 reviews. They all seemed very positive. (Review-1, Review-2, Review-3, Review-4)

Sorry about one being IGN.[/QUOTE]

Eh, IGN is wildly inconsistent but at least they're thorough and average out to be decent quality. I'd take them over dozens of smaller outfits.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Eh, IGN is wildly inconsistent but at least they're thorough and average out to be decent quality. I'd take them over dozens of smaller outfits.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I've been reading their site too long (since it was n64.com). I find they are very consistent with their reviews. My personal scores are almost always +/- 1 point on the review scale from them. I hear this complaint a lot though that people find their reviews to be off base. Levi's reviews definitely don't gel with me but I really like his style and can appreciate (usually) what he has to say. I particularly miss his RectroCity podcast but that is not going to come back ever sadly.

Also been playing Space Invaders Infinity Gene today and I have to agree with previous posts this game is absolutely brilliant. I'd say it's on par with Pac-Macn CE DX in terms of bringing a classic into the modern era. Simply oustanding.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Perhaps I've been reading their site too long (since it was n64.com). I find they are very consistent with their reviews. My personal scores are almost always +/- 1 point on the review scale from them. I hear this complaint a lot though that people find their reviews to be off base. Levi's reviews definitely don't gel with me but I really like his style and can appreciate (usually) what he has to say. I particularly miss his RectroCity podcast but that is not going to come back ever sadly.[/QUOTE]

There are a couple I find that I just disagree with, but, I almost always use them as a baseline.

Their Red Dead Redemption review was disgusting though.

[quote name='RollingSkull']There are a couple I find that I just disagree with, but, I almost always use them as a baseline.

Their Red Dead Redemption review was disgusting though.[/QUOTE]

If I recall they gave it a 10 which I disagree with completely based on my short time with the game. Boring from the onset. At least they don't call a 10 perfect anymore. Masterful is a little easier to swallow.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']If I recall they gave it a 10 which I disagree with completely based on my short time with the game. Boring from the onset. At least they don't call a 10 perfect anymore. Masterful is a little easier to swallow.[/QUOTE]

While no game is ever perfect, I think RDR was one of the best games last year in terms of quality and production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back