XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Easy Reader']Regarding H.A.W.X., Air Supremacy is a collection of all three plane packs (they can be used in co-op, but there's no new co-op content). The All in One Pack adds planes and three versus modes (but H.A.W.X. 2 is still a terrible game). Both DLCs are just disc unlocks.[/QUOTE]

Just posting to agree with you. I had great fun with HAWX1. HAWX2 was such a disappointment.

Discs that Contain XBLA Games:

Alien Breed Trilogy:

• Alien Breed: Evolution
  • Alien Breed 2: Assault
  • Alien Breed 3: Descent
Due out March 18th in UK (no US news)

Hasbro Family Game Night:

• Battleship
  • Boggle
  • Connect 4
  • Scrabble
  • Sorry
  • Sorry Sliders
  • Yahtzee

Live Arcade Unplugged:

• Bejeweled 2
  • Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
  • Hardwood Backgammon
  • Outpost Kaloki X
  • Texas Hold'em
  • Wik and the Fable of Souls
New Copies include a card for 1 month of XBL Gold.

Konami Classics Volume 1:

• Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Frogger
  • Super Contra

Konami Classics Volume 2:

• Contra
  • Rush N' Attack
  • Track & Field

Namco Museum Virtual Arcade:

• Dig Dug
  • Galaga
  • Galaga Legions
  • Mr. Driller Online
  • Ms. Pac-Man
  • New Rally-X
  • Pac-Man
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition
  • Xevious

Plants Vs. Zombies:

• Plants vs. Zombies
  • Peggle
  • Zuma

PopCap Arcade Volume 1:

• AstroPop
  • Bejeweled 2
  • Feeding Frenzy
  • Zuma

PopCap Arcade Volume 2:

• Feeding Frenzy 2:Shipwreck Showdown
  • Heavy Weapon
  • Peggle

Qubed:

• Every Extend Extra Extreme
  • RezHD
  • Lumines Live! (includes all DLC except the Booster Pack & Tokyo Club Mix Pack)

Sega Dreamcast Collection:

• Crazy Taxi
  • Sega Bass Fishing*
  • Sonic Adventure
  • Space Channel 5: Part 2*
* The Dreamcast Compilation is currently the only way to purchase either of these titles. SEGA Bass Fishing has been given a March 30th release date for XBLA. Space Channel 5: Part 2 is TBA (April?).

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection*:
* This disc has a separate set of achievements (1000 GS) and does not support online play or XBLA title updates. Save files from the XBLA versions are not compatible.

• Altered Beast
  • Comix Zone
  • Golden Axe
  • Phantasy Star II
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  • Sonic & Knuckles**
  • Streets of Rage
** The version include with the Genesis Collection does not support SEGA's lock-on technology with the three Sonic titles. Aside from owning the actual carts, the only way to access this content is to buy the games through the LIVE Marketplace (or Wii Shop Channel).

Watchmen: The End is Nigh Parts 1 and 2:

• Watchmen: The End is Nigh
  • Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2

Xbox LIVE Arcade [Compilation] (Xbox 360 Arcade 2009 bundle, released in a double pack with SEGA Superstars Tennis):

• Boom-Boom Rocket
  • Feeding Frenzy
  • Luxor 2
  • Pac-Man: Championship Edition
  • Uno

Xbox LIVE Arcade Game Pack ("Wireless Controller Game Pack" 2009 holiday bundle):

• Bomberman Live*
  • Geometry Wars 2
  • Lumines Live!
Codes for Ms. Pac-Man and a 48-hour trial are included on a rave card.

* This version of the game had a conflict with the NXE update in November of 2009 that prevented users from downloading title updates and playing online. This has since been corrected in a patch.

Discs with XBL DLC:

Borderlands Double Game Add-On Pack (installation only):

• Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot
  • The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition (Disc 2, installation only):

• Awakening
  • Feastday Gifts
  • Feastday Pranks
  • Leliana's Song
  • Return to Ostagar
  • The Darkspawn Chronicles
  • The Golems of Amgarrak
  • The Stone Prisoner
  • Warden's Keep
  • Witch Hunt

Fallout 3 Game Add-On Pack (1) (installation only):

• Operation Anchorage
  • The Pitt

Fallout 3 Game Add-On Pack
(2) (installation only):

• Broken Steel
  • Point Lookout

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition (Disc 2, installation only):

• Broken Steel
  • Operation Anchorage
  • Point Lookout
  • Mothership Zeta
  • The Pitt

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (standalone single/multiplayer disc):

• The Ballad of Gay Tony
  • The Lost and the Damned*
* Due to changes to the game engine and world map, this version of The Lost and the Damned cannot be played online with those who've purchased it via the Marketplace.

Halo 3: ODST
(Disc 2, Halo 3 standalone multiplayer disc, DLC cannot be installed):

• Cold Storage Map
  • Heroic Map Pack
  • Legendary Map Pack
  • Mythic Map Pack
  • Mythic II Map Pack

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition
(Disc 2, installation only):

• Knights of the Nine
  • Shivering Isles

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
(standalone multiplayer disc):

• Legends and Killers Pack
  • Liars and Cheats Pack
  • Undead Nightmare Pack (includes single player campaign)

Thanx:
Chrono Gear, jputahraptor, sanger, salty tbone, BudzMcGee, kburns10, typical guy, Easy Reader, mxpowar

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']Take a look at the above list for the disc FAQ. Aside from a couple formating errors in spots, how does it look?[/QUOTE]

Looks good, thank you for compiling this. I've already found it very useful ;)

[quote name='reddjoey']That's what I get for not reading the release and going of Joystiq and then assuming

Let's hope it get a US release[/QUOTE]
Or at the very least that it's region-free.

Looks fantastic reddjoey. I hope that since there is an Alien Breed Trilogy disk coming out that parts 2 and 3 will go on sale sometime soon. I was able to pick up part 1 a while back for 400 msp, but parts 2 and 3 have yet to go on sale.

Wow alien breed trilogy coming on disc glade to hear that...I just wish it comes to the U.S I would hate to buy it only to find out it region lock.

Good job to reddjoey and all those that helped him make that Disc FAQ. It is SUPER useful, and I can't believe you guys gathered all that information.

I can not recommend Pac Man CEDX enough, I purchased it back in December. The game is fun and super addictive, The replay value for this game is unreal. Found myself on several occasions playing it for a couple hours when I only meant to play for a few minutes. At $5 this game is a must buy. If you're still on the fence about it, try out the demo or watch IGN's review.

Pac Man CE DX is a definite buy for $5, it's a no brainer as some would say. Even if it comes out on disc later I won't regret the purchase. Tried the demo awhile back and got addicted, then read it was going on sale and waited on it :)

I don't know how much I see myself playing pac-man, but I tried the demo and it is awesome. Much better than my limited time with Pac-Man CE.

Is the Splinter Cell Conviction DLC only good for online co-op? I'm more interested in a split screen/offline co-op and just wondering if DLC was good for that.

[quote name='Kerig']Get DX when it's on sale next week but in the meantime stop by Gamestop to pick up a Sega Superstars Tennis/XBOX Live Arcade double-disc pack for $4.99 used:

Sega Superstars Tennis
Boom-Boom Rocket
Feeding Frenzy
Luxor 2
Pac-Man: Championship Edition
Uno

You have to play them from the disc, but $5 for 6 solid casual games is win. Uno still has online games going at all hours of the night...

EDIT: CE is still 800 points??? wow.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. Snagged a copy on the way home from work, Uno alone is definitely worth the $5!

[quote name='bsmiff']Thanks for posting this. Snagged a copy on the way home from work, Uno alone is definitely worth the $5![/QUOTE]

I bought that compilation right after I got my 360 a little over a year ago. It's entirely worth it for all that Arcadey goodness. I enjoyed Feeding Frenzy and Uno for sure.

[quote name='linkbear']Is the Splinter Cell Conviction DLC only good for online co-op? I'm more interested in a split screen/offline co-op and just wondering if DLC was good for that.[/QUOTE]

All the co-op can be done in single player, split screen and online.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']All the co-op can be done in single player, split screen and online.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I just purchased it. I didn't realize you could play it on single player. I don't know anyone with this game.

If anyone wants to play this on realistic this coming weekend, shoot me a PM.:) I beat the campaign on realistic back when the game was first released.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']All the co-op can be done in single player, split screen and online.[/QUOTE]

Grabbed the Splinter Cell Conviction DLC thanks to your info. Much appreciated.

SC Conviction DLC has pretty good split screen but can be done solo. ALL the co-op gameplay can be done solo except for the co-op story.

There is no story for the new DLC so it's basically just really good maps where you kill guards stealthily. SP works, but co-op is more fun.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks. I just purchased it. I didn't realize you could play it on single player. I don't know anyone with this game.

If anyone wants to play this on realistic this coming weekend, shoot me a PM.:) I beat the campaign on realistic back when the game was first released.[/QUOTE]

Every time I tried the deniable ops missions on co-op realistic it always ended in a total rage-fest. You get seen RIDICULOUSLY fast.

pac-man:cedx deal is live now on xbox.com. shows as 400 once you begin the checkout phase. added to my dl queue.

[quote name='Kerig']pac-man:cedx deal is live now on xbox.com. shows as 400 once you begin the checkout phase. added to my dl queue.[/QUOTE]

Sold! Thanks, was waiting with the page up refreshing every so often but I lost track of time.

Okay, gonna grab Pac-Man now.

[quote name='reddjoey']
* Due to changes to the game engine and world map, this version of The Lost and the Damned cannot be played online with those who've purchased it via the Marketplace.[/QUOTE]
Ah, that might explain the difficulties I experienced during R* gamenights.

The new compilation info is a great addition, ReddJoey. Thanks to all contributors.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks. I just purchased it. I didn't realize you could play it on single player. I don't know anyone with this game.[/QUOTE]

Same here, didn't realize these Splinter Cell: Conviction DLC maps could be played single-player. After reading a few of the Metacritic reviews, they sounded easily worth the 400 points - bought the pack last night.

Grabbing Pac-Man CE DX right now, thanks to everyone for all the info in this thread :cool:

It looks like most of the achievements in the SC DLC have to be in Co-Op. Is that true?

EDIT - nevermind, I see people are earning them even outside of Co-Op. Cool, I'll bite. I loved SC:C.

[quote name='reddjoey']
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (standalone single/multiplayer disc):

* Due to changes to the game engine and world map, this version of The Lost and the Damned cannot be played online with those who've purchased it via the Marketplace.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NoDAK']

Ah, that might explain the difficulties I experienced during R* gamenights.
[/QUOTE]

Any one know if the same issue applies if you have the GTAIV Complete edition?

snagged pac-man, i was going to get the GRAW 2 dlc, but i decided to wait for a used copy if the legacy edition

Redjoey, it might be an idea in future to add info about any dlc on sale that is present in a retail release as is the case here

Got pacman. Really wish they would have put some other deals up. I hate when they limit to one a week. Oh well I'm getting Beyond G&E and the Fable 3 dlc this week to tie me over for a bit.

[quote name='bywaytm']Any one know if the same issue applies if you have the GTAIV Complete edition?[/QUOTE]

GTA IV complete just contains a copy of each disc in one package. (aka it is the same GTA IV disc and Episodes from Liberty City Disc you would get in the individual packages) So I would say yes, the same issue applies. Not much of an issue though unless you have friends who bought the digital version that you want to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back