XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ooga']Dear Mr human,
You also have the name of a game mispelled:
April 13th: Var's Revenge - 800 Microsoft Points

It should be Yar's Revenge

Regards,
The machines.[/QUOTE]

I think it's weird. The original was Yars' Revenge, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I haven't played it, but from what I gather that hero is no longer a Yar, but now someone named Yar. As a result, we get Yar's Revenge.

I hope the Angry Video Game Nerd does a part 2 video about annoying naming conventions, because all of these remakes are throwing a wrench into things.

[quote name='kellte2']The story was corny. The draw of the game was searching for items while seeing areas that couldn't be unlocked until you found the right item.[/QUOTE]

Kind of like Bionic Commando but better.

:roll:

[quote name='NJMane']Grabbed Snoopy, Limbo and Trials HD Big Thrills DLC. My only question is why is only 1 of the 2 Trials DLC packs on sale?[/QUOTE]

Because the other pack was on sale before?

HA. Is this bad? I went to buy Shadow Complex and I already own it - forgot i got it before and haven't even touched it. I hope i didn't pay 1200 for it...

[quote name='Chrono Gear']

Limbo seemed super dull from the demo but I can only assume it gets better. I'll either wait for a 400 point sale or get the disc with it included.

Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]
Limbo kinda had the opposite effect on me. For some reason it seemed more intense to me than Resident Evil 4 and Alan Wake. The ending of the demo gave me a real "Oh fuck!" moment. Don't know if I want to buy it today or wait for disc copy with Trials.

[quote name='Pookymeister']HA. Is this bad? I went to buy Shadow Complex and I already own it - forgot i got it before and haven't even touched it. I hope i didn't pay 1200 for it...[/QUOTE]

Er... that just happened to me like five minutes ago. I'm pretty sure there was a sale involved in my purchase. I mean, my memory wouldn't fail me twice in five minutes... WOULD IT?

I'm pondering Limbo.

[quote name='Pookymeister']HA. Is this bad? I went to buy Shadow Complex and I already own it - forgot i got it before and haven't even touched it. I hope i didn't pay 1200 for it...[/QUOTE]

This happens to me constantly. Fortunately, I never buy anything full price, so I always assume I got a good deal ... even if I don't remember buying it. lol

I think it was 560msp during the last summer sale, so maybe that's when you bought it?

[quote name='timobkg']Castle Crashers is a great party game, for when you have 2-4 people over at your house. It's literally hours of mindless fun that anyone can get into. Likewise, equally fun when you have friends that have it / get it, so you can play with them, or to play as a family game. I wouldn't recommend it for solo play.[/QUOTE]

I found that Castle Crashers was great for an all ages game. It was the one game I owned that I knew all my nieces and nephews would like. Also good for adults who like video games.

Finally picked up Trials, and the DLC that went along with it. I haven't stopped playing the demo since it went on sale the last time, and I was pissed that I missed out. Marked today on my calendar just for Trials!

[quote name='Coraanu']I think it was 560msp during the last summer sale, so maybe that's when you bought it?[/QUOTE]

Looks like I bought it on 6/16/2010 - so could be it. :D

Um, what Alan Wake DLC comes with new copies of the game, because I want to make sure if I buy The Writer I'm not buying what I already have.

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']So if I am only getting two of the 1 day sale games, which two should they be?[/QUOTE]

Shadow Complex for sure.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Um, what Alan Wake DLC comes with new copies of the game, because I want to make sure if I buy The Writer I'm not buying what I already have.[/QUOTE]

New copies of Alan Wake come with The Signal DLC

[quote name='reddjoey']New copies of Alan Wake come with The Signal DLC[/QUOTE]

Does the packaging indicate it's in there in any way?

[quote name='Bloomy']Does the packaging indicate it's in there in any way?[/QUOTE]

I don't recall that mine mentioned anything on the box, but there was still a code for the DLC inside.

Picked up Limbo last night when the game went on sale. Really really enjoying that game. Found it really hard to stop but needed to sleep. Highly recommend it if you don't have already!

[quote name='Bloomy']Does the packaging indicate it's in there in any way?[/QUOTE]

I don't recall any indication either. I checked the forums and a post from last week stated that all new copies have dlc codes in them, and those without a code can email w/ a copy of the final receipt Remedy for a code.

[quote name='Thrinn']I don't recall that mine mentioned anything on the box, but there was still a code for the DLC inside.[/QUOTE]

What everyone is saying seems to be true. I bought my copy only about a month ago from Amazon and it had the DLC.

To be honest, the signal DLC is best free as it isn't very good. The Writer seemed kind of quick, but it was a bit different and gives more in the way of closure to the game than the actual game (and certainly more than The Signal) does.

Keep going back and forth on Limbo, I have pretty much everything else I'd have any interest in. I own Trials but was not as big of a fan of it as many were (I enjoyed it, just not enough to even keep up with it long enough to even try and finish it) So I'm really hesitant on the idea of DLC for it.

Also still debating Braid.

It's not a sale, but if you buy the Ghoustface Outfit for your Avatar and tell Adam Boyes about it on GiantBomb.com he'll buy you a copy of the Scream 4 (Scre4m, ugh) iPhone game.

link

I bought Splosion Man Wednesday and it's definitely a much better game than Comic Jumper. I'll be buying LIMBO and Braid today but I think I'll pass on Shadow Complex and wait for the $5 price point.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Bought Castle Crashers, making me the last Xbox owner to get it.[/QUOTE]
lol You're not alone.

I actually bought a used copy of Alan Wake Collectors Edition, but the code was int here without the tab pulled off, so it was never used. So today I'll go ahead and download that then buy The Writer. Nowhere close to done with the game, but I'll be ready for when I do.

I'm picking up Shadow Complex and Limbo today, plus Trials Big Thrills and AW the Writer. Going to wait on Castle Crashers and Braid because I can't afford to buy two point cards today.

[quote name='Thrinn']I don't recall that mine mentioned anything on the box, but there was still a code for the DLC inside.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='reddjoey']I don't recall any indication either. I checked the forums and a post from last week stated that all new copies have dlc codes in them, and those without a code can email w/ a copy of the final receipt Remedy for a code.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BudzMcGee']What everyone is saying seems to be true. I bought my copy only about a month ago from Amazon and it had the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='reddjoey']Braid and Limbo are both 1-play-through puzzle platform games. There is some replayability, but it is achievement/leaderboard chasing.[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm leaning toward waiting for Limbo to hit 400. Need to give the Braid demo a try this weekend.

Picked up Limbo, already have the rest of the games on sale today and I recommend them all. I'm debating on getting Snoopy, and Braid.

I'm thinking about holding off on Limbo as well. I've got so much other stuff to play and odds are it will go on sale again, maybe for 400 points even.

I'd say limbo was worth it at the $15 I paid, but I had friends come over and play it inthe dark with no prior warning. Scared the piss out of them, great game.
Braid is worth the $15 I paid for it too, probably my favorite game of this generation.
Considering Monday Night Combat...is it really fun? I liked the "hero defense" playmode, but the multiplayer "dota" style just pissed me off. Maybe I just suck.
Any thoughts? Are people still playing it online?

I think it's absolutely INSANE people are debating to get Limbo for 600msp and Braid for 400msp.
These are two of the very best games I have ever played.
They are quintessential gaming experiences that will last me the rest of my life.
I would give anything to be able to play them again for the first time.

Edit: I love you too Portal!

One thing about the on disc collections I think is worth mentioning is that they can sometimes have long load times. I am not sure about that one in particular, but the Qubed collection was a little too long even when installed.

[quote name='trunks982']did they say Limbo and some other xbox live games gonna be on a disc? if so, im just gonna get it on disc.

[/QUOTE]

Yea, it comes with Limbo/SplosionMan/Trials at a retail price of $29.99.

However, currently all 3 games are on sale for a total 1600 points, which is only $19.99, if you pay retail for your points that is. I've got most of my points for atleast 20% off, some as high as 60%. Sure you can always wait on a sale for the retail box disc (most likely $20), so you can always resell it when you are done.

just purchased Limbo, Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, Braid, some Mass Effect DLC and the Trials HD Big Thrills Add On....

I just bought more arcade games and DLC than I have since the day the xbox 360 came out. They all look really good though so I think it'll be worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back