XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seanr1221']Found a temp solution to the streets of rage problem. If I redownload it from within the game, and press continue, it unlocks for me. I have to do this every time I exit the game. Annoying but will do for now.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see if you responded to my question last time, but did you try to gameshare this title? If you did then your workaround is the only way it will ever work. Sega titles don't share well.

[quote name='ZForce915']I didn't see if you responded to my question last time, but did you try to gameshare this title? If you did then your workaround is the only way it will ever work. Sega titles don't share well.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I missed that.

Nope, never game shared anything on 360.

[quote name='ZForce915']I didn't see if you responded to my question last time, but did you try to gameshare this title? If you did then your workaround is the only way it will ever work. Sega titles don't share well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='seanr1221']Sorry, I missed that.

Nope, never game shared anything on 360.[/QUOTE]

The same problem occurs when you change consoles, and do not perform the License Transfer proccess correctly.

Sega XBLA games reject the mobile licenses given to your online gamertag (the license that allows you to play full versions of your purchases on other consoles while online).

They require the static license given to the console when purchased (or transferred). Otherwise, you have to redownload the game, temporarily giving your current console a static license until you restart.

It's strange how Sega's XBLA games have a different authorization structure than almost all other XBL content. It's even stranger that no other companies have copied this uber strict DRM feature.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Ms points from rewards get posted to that same account so no way to scam them. Don't mess a good thing up for the rest of us. [/QUOTE]

Wasn't suggesting people should, someone asked how you could potentially scam the system if they allowed you to "gift points" from one account to another and that was the only thing I could think of.

[quote name='gotdott']slightly off topic but does anyone know if getting points from bing rewards is instant or do you have to wait a set period of time?[/QUOTE]

Usually takes 2-3 business days for me.

[quote name='nCogNeato']The same problem occurs when you change consoles, and do not perform the License Transfer proccess correctly.

Sega XBLA games reject the mobile licenses given to your online gamertag (the license that allows you to play full versions of your purchases on other consoles while online).

They require the static license given to the console when purchased (or transferred). Otherwise, you have to redownload the game, temporarily giving your current console a static license until you restart.

It's strange how Sega's XBLA games have a different authorization structure than almost all other XBL content. It's even stranger that no other companies have copied this uber strict DRM feature.[/QUOTE]

I learned all about this when I tried to play some Sonic on a different Xbox using my gamertag lately. Even re-downloading it didn't work for a temp fix. Seems it was tied to the Xbox and the Xbox only. Really frustrating, and I imagine the reason no one else does it is because it technically violates Microsoft's sales agreement, that the game will be tied to your account and your Xbox. Quite simply put, it's poor business to not let people play what they purchase legitimately.

[quote name='nCogNeato']The same problem occurs when you change consoles, and do not perform the License Transfer proccess correctly.

It's strange how Sega's XBLA games have a different authorization structure than almost all other XBL content. It's even stranger that no other companies have copied this uber strict DRM feature.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up.

So, am I correct in my assumption I have to re-download EVERYTHING when I do the DRM transfer? Seems like a huge pain.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']What do you guys think for PvZ? Spend 800 MSP or $3 for the iPhone?[/QUOTE]

The XBLA version is wayyyy better since it has multiplayer and all the extra modes. But the iPhone version is playable on the go. Really, I'd buy the XBLA game and then get the iPhone game later if I wanted a portable fix.

[quote name='BigPopov']
(I played alot of VO in high school, and we did alot of VO matches over Netlink, while the controls weren't dual arcade stick perfect, they seemed perfectly fine for the 360.)[/QUOTE]

What was your NetLink username? I was Eastman, baby.

Wait, so because I downloaded Sonic and Knuckles onto a different Xbox (I'm at college and my roommate brought his instead), I won't be able to play it on mine when I get home?

[quote name='jwizzle5786']Wait, so because I downloaded Sonic and Knuckles onto a different Xbox (I'm at college and my roommate brought his instead), I won't be able to play it on mine when I get home?[/QUOTE]

It should be tied to your gamer tag and not your console. Crap would have been a mess back in the day when 360s only lasted 6 months.

[quote name='eastx']The XBLA version is wayyyy better since it has multiplayer and all the extra modes. But the iPhone version is playable on the go. Really, I'd buy the XBLA game and then get the iPhone game later if I wanted a portable fix.
[/QUOTE]
Do the extra modes make it worth it? I don't really care about multiplayer.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Do the extra modes make it worth it? I don't really care about multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

If you aren't interested in multiplayer, I would actually say the PC/and or iPad version is your best bet.

Also for those interested, no need to rush on the PvZ deal. I was at gamestop yesterday and they sell the codes to download this game regularly for $10.

[quote name='jwizzle5786']Wait, so because I downloaded Sonic and Knuckles onto a different Xbox (I'm at college and my roommate brought his instead), I won't be able to play it on mine when I get home?[/QUOTE]

When you PURCHASE a game you get a licence for the the game that is tied to your gamertag as well as the console you purchased it on. Anyone can play the full game on the console it was bought on. When you play on another console, you must be logged into xbox live in order for the game to know you have a licence. You may be able to transfer your licence from your friend's console to yours, but you'd have to look up the process. You will not be able to play the game offline on any other console.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Do the extra modes make it worth it? I don't really care about multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do. Gotta disagree with Provis. The extra modes are literally half the game.

And if you get your girlfriend to try it out, multiplayer will start to matter. :p

[quote name='freshzen']It should be tied to your gamer tag and not your console. Crap would have been a mess back in the day when 360s only lasted 6 months.[/QUOTE]

In most cases, you're right. However, the conversation in this thread appears to be saying that Sega games require the console license and will not work with just the gamertag license.

Yea, PvZ's main single player will last you a couple of hours (replay value at maybe 2 playthroughs) so it's the extra content that make up much of the fun

[quote name='Gustav']http://www.play-asia.com/Cyber_Troopers_VirtualOn_Force/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-70-3zvj.html
I don't see how thats cheap though..[/QUOTE]

I saw that. Seems to be the cheapest currently but I agree that's not particularly cheap.

[quote name='BigPopov']You must not be very good at VO. It's not a game you can just pick up quickly.

(I played alot of VO in high school, and we did alot of VO matches over Netlink, while the controls weren't dual arcade stick perfect, they seemed perfectly fine for the 360.)[/QUOTE]

I used to be pretty decent. I wouldn't have been a huge fan and been waiting so patiently for a sale if I sucked at the game.

I played a bunch yesterday and pretty much got back into the groove. I just need to beat Tangram fast enough now and play some MP and I'll have 100%ed the game. Still, I don't recall the controls being annoying when I played it on DC and Saturn. I guess it's been far too long since I have played it. Should have popped either one in before playing the XBLA version as a refresher.

[quote name='rapsodist']In most cases, you're right. However, the conversation in this thread appears to be saying that Sega games require the console license and will not work with just the gamertag license.[/QUOTE]

Some seem to have issue. I was unable to play the original Sonic while signed in on another Xbox with the account I bought the game with; Xbox Live even acknowledge that I already owned the game, but didn't matter all I could play was the trial even after re-downloading it. When I got back home and went to play it on my Xbox I actually ended up having to re-download the "unlock game" bit again to play it, but it seems to have stuck.

I want to say I also had Sonic 2 on my external HD and that booted up just fine, but I can't remember if I actually tried it or I just saw that it showed up as a full game in the game library. So it seems to be a varied issue amongst their games.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Some seem to have issue. I was unable to play the original Sonic while signed in on another Xbox with the account I bought the game with; Xbox Live even acknowledge that I already owned the game, but didn't matter all I could play was the trial even after re-downloading it. When I got back home and went to play it on my Xbox I actually ended up having to re-download the "unlock game" bit again to play it, but it seems to have stuck.

I want to say I also had Sonic 2 on my external HD and that booted up just fine, but I can't remember if I actually tried it or I just saw that it showed up as a full game in the game library. So it seems to be a varied issue amongst their games.[/QUOTE]

Bottom line ... Sega DRM is a hot mess.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is anyone struggling with Virtual On? The rose colored glasses are off and this game controls awful. It looks great and is a blast when you get lucky enough to dodge incoming attacks but I find the simple act of turning to be a challenge.
[/QUOTE]
You're doing it wrong. There is nothing wrong with the game control. It's not a FPS with the way it turns. You are not even suppose to be turning much AT ALL. Try learning the basics first such as press Y (jump) then immediately A (crouch) to do a Jump-Cancel inorder to lockon.

Once you adapt to how VO controls, this is how the game being played at a competent level looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sWJtRb6NP0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxgLJUUPWws http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eb490xU7h4

I play this game a lot and its my favorite fighting game of all time, there is no comparison. A lot of the top VO players in the world including Japan, plays on the 360 pad. In Japan, Virtual On is the number #1 selling XBLA game of 2009. It beat Megaman, King of Fighters, Marvel vs Capcom 2, etc. There are even still huge online tournaments and communities for this game.

[quote name='neoKEN']You're doing it wrong. There is nothing wrong with the game control. It's not a FPS with the way it turns. You are not even suppose to be turning much AT ALL. Try learning the basics first such as press Y (jump) then immediately A (crouch) to do a Jump-Cancel inorder to lockon.

Once you adapt to how VO controls, this is how the game being played at a competent level looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxgLJUUPWws

I play this game a lot and its my favorite fighting game of all time, there is no comparison. A lot of the top VO players in the world including Japan, plays on the 360 pad. In Japan, Virtual On is the number #1 selling XBLA game of 2009. It beat Megaman, King of Fighters, Marvel vs Capcom 2, etc. There are even still huge online tournaments and communities for this game.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing games for several years and this is the first time I have to say I didn't understand A THING about a game.

What the heck is going on? You run around shooting heart-shapped powers at the other until one dies?

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying I don't get where the fun is.

[quote name='zico']I've been playing games for several years and this is the first time I have to say I didn't understand A THING about a game.

What the heck is going on? You run around shooting heart-shapped powers at the other until one dies?[/QUOTE]

Basically. It takes a few rounds to get used to, but once you get the hang of it the game is a ton of fun.

[quote name='neoKEN']In Japan, Virtual On is the number #1 selling XBLA game of 2009. It beat Megaman, King of Fighters, Marvel vs Capcom 2, etc. There are even still huge online tournaments and communities for this game.[/QUOTE]

That might explain why it rarely goes on sale and why it was only discounted down to 800 msp the one previous time it had been on sale.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Hmm, didn't the Free Gold Weekend already start? I can't seem to play online, right now?...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
I don't think its started yet. Maybe not til later tonight? Or maybe tomorrow? IDK.

[quote name='zico']
What the heck is going on? You run around shooting heart-shapped powers at the other until one dies?

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying I don't get where the fun is.[/QUOTE]

I updated the videos to show other aspects of the game.

The fun is the freedom, competition, and most of all the depth.

The game is as hardcore as games can be. It's not easy and definitely not for everyone. Once the game mechanics are learned, the game allows a lot of freedom. More so than any other shooting or fighting game.

In VO, you have control over everything. In other fighting games, input some motion and you watch some fancy 10hit super animation. With VO, you don't watch, you perform all the little details.

For robot fans, VO is the closest simulation to actually pilotting a fast japanese mech like Robotech/Gundam, moreso than even Robotech/Gundam games themselves.

As for the videos, a match is played out like this: Both players try to land the 1st hit. This is very important as whoever has the lead in health can control the flow of the match. It becomes a back and forth cat and mouse game fighting for the lead.

[quote name='neoKEN']I updated the videos to show other aspects of the game.

Once the game mechanics are learned, the game allows a lot of freedom. More so than any other shooting or fighting game.

In VO, you have control over everything. In other fighting games, input some motion and you watch some fancy 10hit super animation. With VO, you don't watch, you perform all the little details.

[/QUOTE]

.....seriously?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'].....seriously?[/QUOTE]
Yes? For example, SF4 Ryu's ultra combo is 8 hit. It's a long animation that you end up watching after doing ONE input command.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'].....seriously?[/QUOTE]

He's right VO is the most technical robot fighting game ever.

...Unless you've heard of the MechWarrior franchise or what's that game called Steel Battalion or something? ZING!

Calling this game super technical is asking to get flamed. It's definitely more complex than just run and gun but saying that makes it look like you either don't know about other mech games or you don't understand the genre as a whole. This is probably the simplest mech game out there, short of MechAssault (which I miss terribly and would love to see another).

He's an obvious fanboy which is cool. I didn't realize I wasn't the only American who likes these games. Perhaps since it's been soo long since a good Mech game came out we cling so tightly to this one now. Last I checked the new MechWarrior is on permanant hold due to license issues but there is a new Steel Battalion coming. Too bad it's Kinect based. Hopefully it won't be Kinect only.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']...Unless you've heard of the MechWarrior franchise or what's that game called Steel Battalion or something? ZING!
[/QUOTE]

Steel Battalion was the game that took mech games waaay too seriously. The thing had this controller rig that had twin joysticks, pedals, and a 50-button console. Pics: http://www.steelbattalion.org/controller.php

[quote name='vamn']Steel Battalion was the game that took mech games waaay too seriously. The thing had this controller rig that had twin joysticks, pedals, and a 50-button console. Pics: http://www.steelbattalion.org/controller.php[/QUOTE]

I know right? That game took a PhD in physics just to play it. I still loved it though. I've got my controller in its box in my closet. Even though online play is gone it's still worth having around to remind me of the good times.

[quote name='neoKEN']For robot fans, VO is the closest simulation to actually pilotting a fast japanese mech like Robotech/Gundam, moreso than even Robotech/Gundam games themselves.[/QUOTE]

looooooool.

ACTUAL EXPERT JAPANESE MECH PILOT ITT

My favorite Mech Controlling game was Robot Alchemic Drive ;o, then again, like 99% of the world has probally never even played it.

Virtual On is pretty good, but its not THAT indepth. Armored Core is easily more indepth. (Have you seen those Youtube video's? Those guys make average players look like cannon fodder)

[quote name='dgwillia006']My favorite Mech Controlling game was Robot Alchemic Drive ;o, then again, like 99% of the world has probally never even played it.[/QUOTE]

OMG Yes. I love this game but had totally forgot about it. Another fine mech game. RAD was awesome. Probably one of my favorite PS2 games.

This is why I don't get rid of my old games. I've absolutely got the itch for RAD now and will have to pop it in my PS3 when I get home tonight.

[quote name='dgwillia006']My favorite Mech Controlling game was Robot Alchemic Drive ;o, then again, like 99% of the world has probally never even played it.

Virtual On is pretty good, but its not THAT indepth. Armored Core is easily more indepth. (Have you seen those Youtube video's? Those guys make average players look like cannon fodder)[/QUOTE]

I played a demo for it back in 2002 or 2003 (Ahh...the days of Official Playstation Magazine demos...) I have always wanted to play the full game though, never have been able to find it

[quote name='Gustav']I played a demo for it back in 2002 or 2003 (Ahh...the days of Official Playstation Magazine demos...) I have always wanted to play the full game though, never have been able to find it[/QUOTE]

I remember finding it at a Circuit City for like 14.99. The following night was awesome, had like 5 friends over all playing it XD.

I still remember pulling a Robot's finisher for the first time (Like an idiot i was standing ontop of its shoulder), went flying a good 20+ blocks away

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Perhaps since it's been soo long since a good Mech game came out we cling so tightly to this one now. Last I checked the new MechWarrior is on permanant hold due to license issues but there is a new Steel Battalion coming. Too bad it's Kinect based. Hopefully it won't be Kinect only.[/QUOTE]

Yes, still play Mech Warrior 4 Mercenaries on PC from time to time.

[quote name='eastx']What was your NetLink username? I was Eastman, baby.[/QUOTE]

RANMA708 (shut up, I was new to the net and a teenager, LOL)

I mostly only played people local to Washington DC. Played a shitload with 3 of my friends, lots of VO and Duke mainly. Netlink was good times.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Virtual On is pretty good, but its not THAT indepth. Armored Core is easily more indepth. (Have you seen those Youtube video's? Those guys make average players look like cannon fodder)[/QUOTE]

AC is more of a mech game. There's more focus on the mechs themselves and things like customization. VO is more of a fighting game (well, VO:OT is anyway. Maybe not FORCE). There's less variance in what's available to you and your opponent. Armored Core is more complex for sure. But I wouldn't say that makes it more in-depth. Chess is an extremely simple game but, well, you get the idea.

And yeah. VO:OT's controls are very unintuitive at first, and this isn't helped by the fact that the in-game tutorial is absolute garbage. It takes beginners like 2-3 hours of actual game time before they learn that they're not supposed to target the enemy by rotating ala FPS/TPS.

Robot Alchemic Drive is available used at gamestop for $3.99. Sounds intriguing, and some local-ish stores have it. i think I might see if they actually do have it.

[quote name='crunchewy']Robot Alchemic Drive is available used at gamestop for $3.99. Sounds intriguing, and some local-ish stores have it. i think I might see if they actually do have it.[/QUOTE]

Just checked to see if they had it at my local GameStop, and they did not. The closest GameStop that has it was in the next state over (Georgia)

[quote name='dgwillia006']My favorite Mech Controlling game was Robot Alchemic Drive ;o, then again, like 99% of the world has probally never even played it.

Virtual On is pretty good, but its not THAT indepth. Armored Core is easily more indepth. (Have you seen those Youtube video's? Those guys make average players look like cannon fodder)[/QUOTE]

Cool, another RAD lover, that's one hell of a game and with the B2G2 sale at GS going on, u people need to start digging for that one.

Fav. Mech arcade game?, T-mek 2 player cabinet was amazing back in the day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Mek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRwmdr5Gq0c

[quote name='bsmiff']I bought Golden Axe over a year ago and haven't once found a co-op match. That said, send me a FR to gamertag "nah dew" and I will play with you!

IMO you shouldn't hinge your decision on whether or not you'll find any online matches. OutRun is all about beating the clock and making it to the end of your scenic Ferrari drive, impressing your lady in the passenger seat.

It's a classic driving game with great graphics, slick cars, ridiculous drifting, scenic locales and awesome music. It's cheap and about to be delisted. Buy it!![/QUOTE]

I will be ready to play both Outrun and Golden Axe online!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back