XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blitztwn36']Hyrdophobia - yea or nea? It looks like it got reworked after release so the reviews don't do it full justice...[/QUOTE]
For 240?

Yes.

I'm enjoying the patched updated version.

On the second mission right now blowing up barrels in a gun fight!

[quote name='Spylon']I've manually started a scan. My site should have what has changed soon.[/QUOTE]
Spylon, just a quick note to say your site is da' bomb ... thanks for not only the service, but keeping it very professional & data-driven!

[quote name='blitztwn36']Hyrdophobia - yea or nea? It looks like it got reworked after release so the reviews don't do it full justice...[/QUOTE]
Worth it if the premise appeals to you and you don't have anything more pressing to play. Aside from the disaster and water elements, it's an utterly unremarkable third-person shooter/platformer, the only thing memorable about it is the horrendous accents of the voice actors.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Man I was soo hyped for today's deal and nothing. I will try not to get my hopes up on anything microsoft does again.[/QUOTE]
CAG-troll is trolling ... you don't have to buy, but at least don't knock MS for putting a few GOOD games on sale for people to pick up. Not everyone is keyed into the DOTW cycle, so hopefully a little extra dashboard promo, plus some word-of-mouth, will help the dev's with the necessary $$$ to put out new titles.

I usually pick stuff up based on the recommendations of the community here, esp. when it's only $5 bucks, but i downloaded the Torchlight demo and played it for 20 minutes and I am not sure if it's something I'm going to fall in love with. I have never played Diablo III and find the TL camera angle to be a little difficult to get immersed in the action (though i do love how you can zoom in tightly)
Is it mainly the RPG aspects w/ leveling up and skill points and all that, or is it the combat that people like so much? I leveled up 3 times in that short playthrough, BTW, so it certainly scratches that itch...

Other question: i have a sealed retail copy of Assassin's Creed II, and i'm considering buying the on-sale downloadables. They aren't already in the retail version are they, as in DL codes? And are they worth a couple bucks? I'm still playing through the first game but will get to II soon.

If you can, play the demo. When I tried it I found the game to be annoying enough that I wouldn't ever both playing it even if it were free.

I picked up Hydrophobia and Torchlight.
I've wanted Torchlight for a while, but the lack of co-op made the game seem pretty worthless. I guess $5 might be worth the game now, so I'll get around to playing it sometime soon.

[quote name='madcyantist']own torch on steam but bought for xbla anyways[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing. For $5, I'll play it on 360 as well....too good of a game to pass up for that price.

[quote name='Cornelius']CAG-troll is trolling ... you don't have to buy, but at least don't knock MS for putting a few GOOD games on sale for people to pick up. Not everyone is keyed into the DOTW cycle, so hopefully a little extra dashboard promo, plus some word-of-mouth, will help the dev's with the necessary $$$ to put out new titles.[/QUOTE]

Forgive me all powerful CAG master. I didn't mean to offend you. Im stating my opinion. Im not into torchlight or hydro, but the serious sam games for $10 is a steal, and with a third coming soon to XBLA.

very nice that i was just doing cardio boxing when i saw that dlc for bollywood is 160..

collected two achievements (make sure u shut down the window curtains before you try)

not bad

[quote name='Solder']Where is this sale showing up for you guys?[/QUOTE]

the tab is located in the game marketplace. Not in it but on the section to the right. Where you found the deals for yars, outland, section, etc... it will show 1 day sale.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Where is the deal for Pinball FX2/Marvel???

I might have to cave in soon and just buy them at MSRP, but the CAG in me says wait for a deal! lol[/QUOTE]

I would say it is already a deal at msrp. 2.50 a table is cheap for the playability you get from each table.

[quote name='pasolini']I usually pick stuff up based on the recommendations of the community here, esp. when it's only $5 bucks, but i downloaded the Torchlight demo and played it for 20 minutes and I am not sure if it's something I'm going to fall in love with. I have never played Diablo III and find the TL camera angle to be a little difficult to get immersed in the action (though i do love how you can zoom in tightly)
Is it mainly the RPG aspects w/ leveling up and skill points and all that, or is it the combat that people like so much? I leveled up 3 times in that short playthrough, BTW, so it certainly scratches that itch...

Other question: i have a sealed retail copy of Assassin's Creed II, and i'm considering buying the on-sale downloadables. They aren't already in the retail version are they, as in DL codes? And are they worth a couple bucks? I'm still playing through the first game but will get to II soon.[/QUOTE]
Ep. 13 is much better than Ep. 12 (due to 13's secret locations), but both were for pre-orders only. As you can see in the sale, both DLC's are very cheap, so I wouldn't stress about the cost. If you're going to play the game, you know that shrinkwrap will have to come off at some point anyways, right, so why not now?

[quote name='slamoco']I would say it is already a deal at msrp. 2.50 a table is cheap for the playability you get from each table.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. The deal was yesterday -- 4000 points for $35 at Buy.com on eBay. For less than that, you could own every table that's available for FX2 and provide yourself with HOURS of entertainment.

Between the Gamefly sale and the other Live deals from this week (not to mention growing backlog) I am more then glad to just accept Torchlight and Hydrophobia as the one day deal, deals. So no complaints!

As for today's sale, bought Torchlight and Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter. Love the Serious Sam games, even if the Achievements are annoyingly time consuming.

[quote name='eastx']Does anyone think Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is likely to get a GOTY edition? I don't own the game yet but I plan to pick it up some day. The DLC is temping but it would be a waste if I ended up with a GOTY edition down the line.[/QUOTE]

Uh, the Assassin's Creed DLC on sale right now is for ACII, not Brotherhood. ACII was released in November 2009, and there's never been mention of a GOTY edition, so we're not likely to get one.

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']I've never played diablo or games like that. Is Torchlight easy for beginners?[/QUOTE]

Yeah Torchlight is a simplified Diablo. You could easily get into it without much learning curve.

I'm broke!

Spent 4400 worth of points just this week = $55 worth!

My activity this week:

-Bionic Commando: Rearmed - Already owned

-Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 - Purchased (Happy)

-Blade Kitten - Already owned

-Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime - Purchased (Regret) Didn't know how glitchy.

-Islands of Wakfu - Purchased (Regret) Slow and monotonous.

-Moon Diver - Purchased (Happy)

-Monday Night Combat - Already owned

-Outland - Purchased (Happy)

-Section 8: Prejudice - Purchased (Happy)

-Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - Already owned

-Shank - Already owned

-Star Raiders - Skipped

-The Maw - Purchased (Happy)

-Trials HD - Already owned

-Trouble Witches Neo! - Purchased (Happy)

-Yar's Revenge - Purchased (Regret) Play the 1st level and you just played the whole game.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Uh, the Assassin's Creed DLC on sale right now is for ACII, not Brotherhood. ACII was released in November 2009, and there's never been mention of a GOTY edition, so we're not likely to get one.[/QUOTE]

Doh! Got my wires crossed. Thanks.

Sir Daniel, not only is Torchlight highly streamlined, it even has multiple difficulty levels, so yeah, you'll be able to handle it.

Is there a way to increase the difficulty in Torchlight after you have already started? I'm about an hour into it and it's just way too easy on normal.

Played about 3 hours of Torchlight on Easy and it's just what I needed. Some mindless MMO type of gameplay of killing monsters and getting loot. Barely on level 12 and there's apparently 35? Not bad for $5 lol

Damn, I was hoping for a little more out of this "mega sale." Now I'm half tempted to get Torchlight if only to see how the game handles with a controller. Made a few different attempts to play the Steam version (about 20 hours total) and I'm usually super into it for a week or 2 before burning out on the clickfest that ensues and then don't touch it again for months. By the time I feel like getting back to it, it's been so long that I feel I should just start a new character, and so I've never actually beaten the game.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']the tab is located in the game marketplace. Not in it but on the section to the right. Where you found the deals for yars, outland, section, etc... it will show 1 day sale.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I don't seem to have access to this either. It's a good thing I read this forum, otherwise I'd have no idea that anything besides D&D: Disappointment and Might & Magic were on sale this week. Thankfully I can hunt them manually.

[quote name='Solder']Weird, I don't seem to have access to this either. It's a good thing I read this forum, otherwise I'd have no idea that anything besides D&D: Disappointment and Might & Magic were on sale this week. Thankfully I can hunt them manually.[/QUOTE]

It's bad enough that a video game system is plagued with any advertisements at all, let alone so many ads that people can't find the promotions that interest them. It looks like the upcoming dashboard update will make ads more prominent than the games themselves.

I would have also ended up missing tons of sales on Live had it not been for this thread. Thanks reddjoey & everyone else for making this one of the best threads on CAG.

i've been flipping through the dashboard since the first set of deals was posted earlier this week and my dashboard didn't advertise those or this one day sale. not buried in ads just wasn't there.

The ads are oddly pointless, i mean i can see ads for download games or content but mutliple ads for disc based games. Can't buy it right then in there on impulse so it serves no purpose. Who owns an Xbox and didn't know when Gears 3 was coming out?

You should be able to turn them off like they were news updates or something.

A few question about Torchlight on the 360.

1. Is it different in any way? Meaning added dungeons, quests, etc?

2. How well does it play on the 360? I have it for the PC and the point and click works well so I just wonder how a control works. Do you control the character themself?

I guess I should just download the demo and find out for myself.

alright, based on the overwhelming enthusiasm of the participants in this thread, i'm going to buy Torchlight. You guys haven't steered me wrong yet.
Will also pick up the ACII content. Really wish i wouldn't have missed that $35 live card yesterday though :(

[quote name='pasolini']alright, based on the overwhelming enthusiasm of the participants in this thread, i'm going to buy Torchlight. You guys haven't steered me wrong yet.
Will also pick up the ACII content. Really wish i wouldn't have missed that $35 live card yesterday though :([/QUOTE]

You'll enjoy Torchlight. Don't expect anything deep out of it, but it sure is pretty, and plays well.

And yeah, I had thought about picking up that card as well. Kinda wish I had, but I still have about $25 worth of space bucks to tide me over until the next time they have that card on sale - happens every few months.

[quote name='cancerman1120']A few question about Torchlight on the 360.

1. Is it different in any way? Meaning added dungeons, quests, etc?[/quote]
New pet - a chicken-like small dragon. Everything else is the same.
[quote
2. How well does it play on the 360? I have it for the PC and the point and click works well so I just wonder how a control works. Do you control the character themself?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it feels different since you're actually controlling your character and directly battling. It feels almost like a different game and so far, I'm liking this new set-up a lot.

[quote name='cancerman1120']A few question about Torchlight on the 360.

1. Is it different in any way? Meaning added dungeons, quests, etc?

2. How well does it play on the 360? I have it for the PC and the point and click works well so I just wonder how a control works. Do you control the character themself?

I guess I should just download the demo and find out for myself.[/QUOTE]

1. They added a new pet and I think a few quests/items.

2. It plays very well. Alot of fun. Honestly like a controll scheme better. I had heard even Runic people saying they preferred the 360 controller over the PC. I can see why. The Warrior kinds lunges forward on his click attacks and has a area in front of him that he can hit so it would be easier for the controller. Its sweet, try the demo.

Torchlight should be bought by all, even if you have the PC version.

[quote name='Decker']New pet - a chicken-like small dragon. Everything else is the same.
[quote
2. How well does it play on the 360? I have it for the PC and the point and click works well so I just wonder how a control works. Do you control the character themself?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it feels different since you're actually controlling your character and directly battling. It feels almost like a different game and so far, I'm liking this new set-up a lot.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Abeja']1. They added a new pet and I think a few quests/items.

2. It plays very well. Alot of fun. Honestly like a controll scheme better. I had heard even Runic people saying they preferred the 360 controller over the PC. I can see why. The Warrior kinds lunges forward on his click attacks and has a area in front of him that he can hit so it would be easier for the controller. Its sweet, try the demo.

Torchlight should be bought by all, even if you have the PC version.[/QUOTE]

THANKS! It did not take me long to play with the controller to see I would like it. For $5 it is worth it.

Torchlight plays awesome on the 360. I like it better than the mouse control of the Steam version as well. But, yeah, just try the demo and you can decide if it works for you.

got in on serious sam the second encounter. serious sam first encounter and second encounters makes it complete for me! :D

[quote name='Thrinn']It's bad enough that a video game system is plagued with any advertisements at all, let alone so many ads that people can't find the promotions that interest them. It looks like the upcoming dashboard update will make ads more prominent than the games themselves.

I would have also ended up missing tons of sales on Live had it not been for this thread. Thanks reddjoey & everyone else for making this one of the best threads on CAG.[/QUOTE]
I kinda know this guy and was kind of biased into liking it, and it doesn't really have anything directly to do with deals/sales, but still an interesting read I think: http://www.edery.org/2011/09/interview-xbla-steam-etc/

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Thanks thread. Would have never known Torchlight was on sale. Gripped it just now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here - looks like the one to get from the 4 for today. Since I barely even turn on my 360 any more I'd never see any ads even if they were plastered all over my dashboard ;).

Glad to know it's not just me that didn't get the advertisement for anything other than D&D: Lay Offs Incoming, and Might & Magic.

Yeah I went looking in the DOTW tab under the Spolight I think it is. Then I saw the Extreme Gaming Sale tab under the Game Marketplace. It is weird that they didnt consolidate it seeing as how they have other sale stuff with the DOTW

Also, the only negative I can give about Torchlight XBLA is that the text is really small. On a big TV and being a good distance away, I really gotta strain to see everything on the interface.

[quote name='Cornelius']Spylon, just a quick note to say your site is da' bomb ... thanks for not only the service, but keeping it very professional & data-driven![/QUOTE]

Cornelius, thank you very much. :D The site is my hobby so things are coming along slowly but I think they are coming along great.

I wish I could spend more time on it but I have to pay the bills too. :cool:

Look for more features in the future. I have started a registration system to block spam and to collect gamertags, but to reward registration I show less ads. Registration should allow me to have personalized features in the future. Hopefully the future isn't too far away.

Also I uploaded a video of the one day sales since some are not seeing it in their dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back