XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']can anyone else comment on Islands of Wakfu?[/QUOTE]

I spent 45 minutes on the demo and came away totally bored. Pretty? Sure. Innovative? Mostly. Fun game? Oops, forgot to include that part.

Way too much story/RPG elements for a brawler-type gameplay they were pushing, but not enough (any?) leveling up to have hooking RPG elements. I'm sure if you were looking for a game to waste time with, this one would be fine, but I'm looking for instant gratification in most of my XBL Arcade games, and this surely didn't fit what I was looking for. I'm sure some people really like it though...

Oh damn I thought that was the Assassins Creed Brotherhood DLC Da Vinci mission on sale there for a second. The ACII DLC has been on sale before. Has the Brotherhood DLC ever been on sale yet and I missed it?

[quote name='Luxuria']I was kind of hoping for more games to be discounted, but Torchlight at 400 is enough. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Same here, after the sale on the 27th I was hoping for a bigger list of items.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']can anyone else comment on Islands of Wakfu?[/QUOTE]
I thought I was in for a treat, it was a trick
It's not a bad game it's just a game that has no life at all to it, you don't feel like you're playing a game you want to play you're playing a game searching for something that makes you feel like you're not wasting your time

[quote name='Ryuu555']Trying to find out what time/time zone the 24 hour sale ends. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's Pacific.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I spent 45 minutes on the demo and came away totally bored. Pretty? Sure. Innovative? Mostly. Fun game? Oops, forgot to include that part.

Way too much story/RPG elements for a brawler-type gameplay they were pushing, but not enough (any?) leveling up to have hooking RPG elements. I'm sure if you were looking for a game to waste time with, this one would be fine, but I'm looking for instant gratification in most of my XBL Arcade games, and this surely didn't fit what I was looking for. I'm sure some people really like it though...[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing of the demo. Seems like they really didn't understand what type of game they were trying to make.

[quote name='Spylon']It started at 6:00 PM pacific yesterday and I think they last 30 hours generally so I think midnight pacific.[/QUOTE]

Thanks much.

Islands of Wakfu always seemed like a nice Secret of Mana type game that I was sure to pick up whenever it went on sale.

That is, until Bastion came around and completely filled the craving for that kind of fantasy beat-em up adventure game.

Anyone know how prompt Microsoft is at uploading the new rewards deal for the month? It is 9am on the 1st of October where I live, so I am excited and impatient.

Secondly, with all of these recent deals (Deal of the Week, Weekly Sale and One-Day Mega Sale), I have forgotten that this Tuesday will be another fortnight of advertised Deal's of the Week... so we still have more to look forward to in a couple of days. Hopefully the run of arcade games being on sale will continue.

Lastly, I really wanted to love Islands of Wafku, which is why I wasted 45min of my life playing the demo. I had to accept that I was bored and couldn't care less about the characters.

Torchlight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I just needed to find a way to express my joy at this, and neon green, bold, italic underlining seemed the only way.

Outland? Eh, I don't really have a coop partner. I played the demo (didn't finish it) but I am just not really feeling it. The ikaruga gameplay element is mostly annoying. For me once i had to start switching colors mid-jump I wanted to stop.

I just want TRENCHED to go on sale :)

edit: excuse me, Iron Brigade.

Are the AC2 DLC's worth it? Just finished that game and planning to move onto Brotherhood. Too bad they don't have achievements -- if they did I would definitely buy them.

Something weird has been going on with my account/dashboard. I am another person here who cannot see these games in the extreme sales tab. Along with that, Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 was not showing up in the any of the marketplace game menus.

I decided to create another username, and then I was able to see the sales tab on this account. I started downloading the trial for BC:Rearmed 2 with this backup account, and all of a sudden, when backing out of the menus, the extreme sales tab collapses and has not reappeared. In addition, BC:Rearmed 2 is gone from the marketplace menus for this new account as well.

To quote Joe Schmo, "What is going on?"

[quote name='buddynayr']Are the AC2 DLC's worth it? Just finished that game and planning to move onto Brotherhood. Too bad they don't have achievements -- if they did I would definitely buy them.[/QUOTE]

They are pretty good but basically just more AC2. I played them both a while back and enjoyed them, but I wouldn't consider them must-play. If you already have Brotherhood I'd probably just move onto that.

Just bought 1600 Spacebucks to spend on Torchlight (And I was pissed I missed out when it was 800..)/Hydrophobia (Definitely worth $3, with the Pure update) and the AC2 DLC (Necessary to fill your synchronization bar, to my knowledge).

However, and I'm sure this kind of question has been asked quite a bit:

Is Serious Sam Episodes 1 + 2 HD on XBLA worth it? I just looked up the game today and it looks cool but I was wondering (especially with the 3rd game out this winter) if the HD remakes ever saw a disc release/are expected to hit a disc? My list of XBLA games isn't that big, so a sale like this is great and all, but there's so much to decide from. Also, are the other ports of the PC game better? Would I be better off getting them instead?

I'm waiting for October to hit before I grab anything outside of this 1-Day sale, hoping the Live Rewards promo'll be decent/better than this current one.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Is Serious Sam Episodes 1 + 2 HD on XBLA worth it? I just looked up the game today and it looks cool but I was wondering (especially with the 3rd game out this winter) if the HD remakes ever saw a disc release/are expected to hit a disc? My list of XBLA games isn't that big, so a sale like this is great and all, but there's so much to decide from. Also, are the other ports of the PC game better? Would I be better off getting them instead?[/QUOTE]
IIRC the 360 port is capped at 30 frames which can affect the fluidity of the controls. Given the choice the PC version is definitely the way to go. You'll probably be able to grab them dirt cheap on Steam at some point again in the near future. The remakes never came out on disc for the 360 and most likely never will.

[quote name='Cysquatch']Does the Uk version count?[/QUOTE]

Depends. There's conflicting reports as to if it's region free or not.

I've been saving up my Bing Reward points for months waiting for a sale like these. So far this week I've bought Blade Kitten, Serious Sam, Portal, Bejewled blitz, The Maw, Hydrophobia, Torchlight and Ilomilo. Thinking about getting Outland, The Path of Go, and Serious Sam 2 also.

Has anyone bought The Path of Go? Been wondering if theres any active online players on it.

sp far this week i got:

The Maw
Torchlight
Ilomilo

i tried all the other demos... anyone think im really missing out on one of the games? the above were the only ones that stuck out for me

[quote name='The SPism']sp far this week i got:

The Maw
Torchlight
Ilomilo

i tried all the other demos... anyone think im really missing out on one of the games? the above were the only ones that stuck out for me[/QUOTE]

Outland and Bionic Commando Rearmed are probably two of the best xbla games I own. I'm not sure how the trials fair on those but they are easily worth the $5 they are priced at.

I have Torchlight on Steam but I'm almost convinced that $5 is cheap enough to see how well it controls with a gamepad. Watched the GB Quick Look again today, and the interface seems solid...gah, having it on 2 platforms seems dumb.

[quote name='Daviddenton3']i've been flipping through the dashboard since the first set of deals was posted earlier this week and my dashboard didn't advertise those or this one day sale. not buried in ads just wasn't there.

The ads are oddly pointless, i mean i can see ads for download games or content but mutliple ads for disc based games. Can't buy it right then in there on impulse so it serves no purpose. Who owns an Xbox and didn't know when Gears 3 was coming out?
[/QUOTE]

Ads for disc-based games serve the same purpose as ads you see anywhere in your lifetime. They are intended to get you interested in the product, and then maybe you'll go out and buy it. When you see commercials on TV, you can't purchase those products directly through your TV either, and yet it's considered an effective form of advertisement. With ads on the 360, at least they know you own an Xbox 360 and are likely to be interested in games and accessories for it.

Tempted to get the DLC for Your shape fitness but am hesitant since I don't even own the game yet. Just blind bought Torchlight since everyone here seems to love it.

I'm downloading Hydrophobia now. Played the demo after the Pure update a while ago and it seemed like a solid-enough experience. For this cheap though, I had to bite.

Jazzman, YourShape 2012 is supposed to be a big improvement over part 1. It's out on November 8, so I would really just skip straight to that.

I bought Outland and Ghostbusters. I know GB is pretty weak but it's hard to pass up any game for $5.

I already have Hydrophobia and the two Serious Sam games.

I'm on the fence with Moon Diver, Monday Night Combat and the two Bionic Commando games. I already have BC1 on PS3 but wouldn't mind having it on 360 too and I figure if I do that I may as well get the sequel.

Thoughts?

[quote name='jazzman']Tempted to get the DLC for Your shape fitness but am hesitant since I don't even own the game yet. Just blind bought Torchlight since everyone here seems to love it.[/QUOTE]

Yourshape DLC is great for 2 bucks. If you're going to get the game, and think you'll actually exercise as a video game, it's a good change of pace workout wise.

Kinda tempted to grab Section 8, but I kinda want Renegade Ops. Also thinking about SFIII Online. Not sure If I want to take advantage of the sale, or buy something at full price (That I'll probably regret later)

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Kinda tempted to grab Section 8, but I kinda want Renegade Ops. Also thinking about SFIII Online. Not sure If I want to take advantage of the sale, or buy something at full price (That I'll probably regret later)[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how it fares on the 360 but I bought Section 8 on steam and love it.

I bought Section 8 on GFWL when it was on sale for 600 msp, but it's hard to find matches now on there. I guess if you don't have the dlc maps you're out of luck so good luck with that. I think i'll get The Path Of Go for 200 MSP ($2.50) it has online multiplayer, leaderboards and you can use your avatar. Ah for the price i'll take a chance and help the indie developer out too.

I only have 700ish points and am forced to choose between Torchlight and Outland. I already have Torchlight on PC, but I played the trial and was pleasantly surprised at how well it controlled. The interface was well designed as well IMO. It'd be a great couch game. The Outland trial was great too though. Ack, choices.

easy choice, youve already played torchlight and own it, give outland a chance. DO IT, this is a random person telling you to get outland instead.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']
I'm on the fence with Moon Diver, Monday Night Combat and the two Bionic Commando games. I already have BC1 on PS3 but wouldn't mind having it on 360 too and I figure if I do that I may as well get the sequel.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

MNC is superfun, but i dont like buying multiplayer only xbla titles anymore, who knows when the community for it will die out.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I only have 700ish points and am forced to choose between Torchlight and Outland. I already have Torchlight on PC, but I played the trial and was pleasantly surprised at how well it controlled. The interface was well designed as well IMO. It'd be a great couch game. The Outland trial was great too though. Ack, choices.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't rebuy a game I already have, give Outland a chance.

[quote name='bajingo']MNC is superfun, but i dont like buying multiplayer only xbla titles anymore, who knows when the community for it will die out.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, good point. 400pts I'd probably get it though.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I only have 700ish points and am forced to choose between Torchlight and Outland. I already have Torchlight on PC, but I played the trial and was pleasantly surprised at how well it controlled. The interface was well designed as well IMO. It'd be a great couch game. The Outland trial was great too though. Ack, choices.[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest Torchlight. While I'm in love with both if I had to choose I'd say Torchlight for a couple reasons:

It's discount is greater and it is less likely to drop that low again.
This is Outland's first sale and it's already at the (perfect) $5 price point, whereas, Torchlight has been on sale for 800 once already and will probably go on sale for 600 or 800 next time. Outland will surely be on sale for 400 every time it's on sale.
Logic predicts that you can catch Outland for this price again but not necessarily Torchlight.

Just do yourself a favor and have the points ready next time so you don't have to make Sophie's choice again.

I wouldn't rebuy a game I already have on another (and some would argue superior) platform.

Of course, you know you can always buy more points right?

Current Monthly Rewards (October):

-Purchase or redeem 2800 Points or more and get 140 back - Offer is valid for any online Microsoft Points purchase with credit card or any retail Microsoft Points token purchase that is redeemed between October 1, 2011 and October 31, 2011.

I would go for Torchlight also. As stated earlier by another poster, it is unlikely to go on sale again for 67% off and since it is a One Day Sale offer, you have far less time to purchase additional Microsoft Points if you decide that you want to get both. Given the wonderful praise being lavished on both games, you should get both though! (This is why I try to stock up on Microsoft Points anytime they get a significant discount.)

[quote name='reddjoey']Current Monthly Rewards (October):

-Purchase or redeem 2800 Points or more and get 140 back - Offer is valid for any online Microsoft Points purchase with credit card or any retail Microsoft Points token purchase that is redeemed between October 1, 2011 and October 31, 2011.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update, reddjoey. I like the fact that this means more flexibility for how the Microsoft Points are used, but at the same time it makes me wish I hadn't already redeemed my Microsoft Points Cards. Maybe eBay or Toys R Us will have more points on sale soon? I can only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back