XBLA - Shadow Complex - 1200pts

I am stuck as fuck. I am in a room with 50 health and there are two guards and a bunch of orange shields above me. When I go up the guards set off the gas and I die. If I go right there is that section with the mine cart but nowhere to get health and nowhere to go. WTF? I've been stuck here for a while and I'm ready to start over. HELP!

[quote name='javeryh']I am stuck as fuck. I am in a room with 50 health and there are two guards and a bunch of orange shields
above me. When I go up the guards set off the gas and I die. If I go right there is that section with the mine cart but nowhere to
get health and nowhere to go. WTF? I've been stuck here for a while and I'm ready to start over. HELP![/QUOTE]

Just wait till both guards have their backs turned, then jump up from the floor and into the opening in the ceiling. I'm pretty sure that's the spot you're at.
Just be sneaky sneaky. :)

[quote name='DualDisorder']Just wait till both guards have their backs turned, then jump up from the floor and into the opening in the ceiling. I'm pretty sure that's the spot you're at.
Just be sneaky sneaky. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks that did it! I tried going in there before but I couldn't get up there without the guard seeing me. It always took a few tries and I'd get gassed before getting through.

I made it pretty far after that point - I got up to just past the foam gun. This game is GREAT. I can't wait to get all the upgrades and explore the map.

Also, how the hell are people finishing it under an hour and getting the 13% achievement - it seems impossible unless there is some serious sequence breaking going on...

Under 13% is just the basic weapons until you can go to the part of the facility to initiate the end-game sequence and fight the boss if you want. Not hard, though you'd probably do best on easier difficulties or with a higher level so you have some unlimited ammo weapons. I beat it in under 2 hours that way.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Under 13% is just the basic weapons until you can go to the part of the facility to initiate the end-game sequence and fight the boss if you want. Not hard, though you'd probably do best on easier difficulties or with a higher level so you have some unlimited ammo weapons. I beat it in under 2 hours that way.[/QUOTE]

I plan to finish the game, then try and get 100% while leveling up (I'm only on level 10!) and then go for the speed run. Is that a good idea?

That should be a good route to go. Getting 100% will help you get the gold bars (gold versions of the weapons that you can access early on) along with getting you past at least level 20 (reveals the entire map to you).

Sweet. I played a lot more last night (like 2 straight hours and I lost track of time which rarely happens these days). I'm on level 13 now and I just got the
speed boots
. I've opened up some more of the map - it is HUGE. There is a lot to explore but I noticed I found a lot of upgrades in a short period of time now that I am above ground again. This game does an amazing job of copying Super Metroid (one of my all-time favorite games).

[quote name='javeryh']Thanks that did it! I tried going in there before but I couldn't get up there without the guard seeing me. It always took a few tries and I'd get gassed before getting through.

I made it pretty far after that point - I got up to just past the foam gun. This game is GREAT. I can't wait to get all the upgrades and explore the map.

Also, how the hell are people finishing it under an hour and getting the 13% achievement - it seems impossible unless there is some serious sequence breaking going on...[/QUOTE]

Yes that was a part that stumped me too as I didn't get the vent opening jump right away like 3 times and got it on the fourth try.:bomb:

Just played the demo of Shadow Complex. REALLY liked it. Definite buy at some point. Wish it'd be a little cheaper. 1200 points is a tough price for me.

Yeah, awesome game. I wish it was a retail release, but I had to cave and get it anyway. It's probably worth buying a system for if you're a fan of Metroid 1-4 and Symphony of the Night (although I suppose it's not technically quite at the level of some of those, mostly through being supposedly shorter, I guess).

1200 Points is really the right price for the game with all the production values and such put in the game. Eventhough the writing is basically on par with any typical Summer action movie, it makes up for it with gameplay and polish.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Just played the demo of Shadow Complex. REALLY liked it. Definite buy at some point. Wish it'd be a little cheaper. 1200 points is a tough price for me.[/QUOTE]

I feel ya, but I had such a good time with this game. I spent my 1200 without a 2nd thought. I've spent more money on much more games.

I thought the point of these Metroidvania games was that eventually you can go anywhere you want at any time. It kinda sucks that if you want to get all the items, you have to avoid the part that triggers the end boss battle. At least with Super Metroid, Mother Brain was in a completely separate part of the game and you have to purposefully go to that part in order to fight her. Here, you could fight the ending boss by accident.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']FYI, Shadow Complex will be the XBLA deal of the week on December 21st for only 800 MS Points ($10).[/QUOTE]

Excited about that. I'm going to have my fiance try the demo and see if he wants it as much as I do.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Excited about that. I'm going to have my fiance try the demo and see if he wants it as much as I do.[/QUOTE]

Just get it. If you like Metroid or the GBA Castlevanias just get it. I loved both and I love this game and don't regret paying 1200 points this summer.

Wow so I think I might have to start over, I had to grab a foam pack 2 so I could cross the electric water, (I couldn't do it with the limited amount you start with). After looking online it says not to grab anything other than weapon pickups, I'm trying to go for the 13% although I think the smart thing to do is to start all over and try for 100% first.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Wow so I think I might have to start over, I had to grab a foam pack 2 so I could cross the electric water, (I couldn't do it with the limited amount you start with). After looking online it says not to grab anything other than weapon pickups, I'm trying to go for the 13% although I think the smart thing to do is to start all over and try for 100% first.[/QUOTE]
Don't do the 13% run until level 20 or higher since you get the whole map and some infinite ammo for your guns to make up for the lack of upgrades you have to skip.

I got a problem. Im missing 1 last missile pack. I have everything... all the parts of the suit and golden guns room. Once i have the complete suit, it gives 100% map but i dont see any question marks on the map.

EDIT: nvm. i found out. theres one in the save room. thats why theres no Question mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
theres this walking tall bot with shield. there was a hint saying u can rip the wires. i try jumping at his back or around the area, there is no option to rip. how do u guys do it?

[quote name='trunks982']theres this walking tall bot with shield. there was a hint saying u can rip the wires. i try jumping at his back or around the area, there is no option to rip. how do u guys do it?[/QUOTE]

I just beat that guy, and the game, last night. I couldn't figure out what the hint was about so I ended up just shooting missles up its ass. Just run under it's legs after it turns and shoot it in the ass. Jump over the foam granades and shoot some more. When it spins around run under it so your again behind it. Keep this up and it will go down eventually, even with just assualt rifle fire.

Dont stand right under it because it will stomp you. Also dont run under it while it's turning around because it can kick you with its leg while its turning.

[quote name='Puffa469']I just beat that guy, and the game, last night. I couldn't figure out what the hint was about so I ended up just shooting missles up its ass. Just run under it's legs after it turns and shoot it in the ass. Jump over the foam granades and shoot some more. When it spins around run under it so your again behind it. Keep this up and it will go down eventually, even with just assualt rifle fire.

Dont stand right under it because it will stomp you. Also dont run under it while it's turning around because it can kick you with its leg while its turning.[/QUOTE]

yea thats pretty much what i did. i just couldnt figure out the ripping the wires part. cause i saw it in the trailer where he ripped some wires.

[quote name='trunks982']yea thats pretty much what i did. i just couldnt figure out the ripping the wires part. cause i saw it in the trailer where he ripped some wires.[/QUOTE]

I think you have to have the claw thing. I didn't have at the time so I used missiles and grenades like everyone else. :)

this is so frustrating. im at the last level called Big One in proving grounds. I cant seem to run on the walls jumping left and right. I tried holding the directional button and it sometimes work and try not holding and that sometimes work. Cant seem to find the easy way.

EDIT: double jump. thats the way.

question, if i complete the game (meaning i beat the final boss) and then go back and pick up all the items i missed, will i still get the 100% item achievement?

just wanna know b4 i spend time doing it.

[quote name='tsg2005']question, if i complete the game (meaning i beat the final boss) and then go back and pick up all the items i missed, will i still get the 100% item achievement?

just wanna know b4 i spend time doing it.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it'll just save the spot you were at place you were at prior to getting to the last boss battle. So you can go back to the game after it's beaten and replay the parts you missed on the same file.

[quote name='tsg2005']question, if i complete the game (meaning i beat the final boss) and then go back and pick up all the items i missed, will i still get the 100% item achievement?

just wanna know b4 i spend time doing it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, i did it this way. The bosses are fairly easy i think. Have to try insane.

bread's done
Back