XBLA - Yaris - 0pts - Available Now

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']better or worse than Aegis Wing? I really enjoyed the four player online coop with that one...[/QUOTE]

Million times worse.

[quote name='Pestilence']Guys i just played this extensively and have come up with one conclusion:

It sucks. Period.[/QUOTE]

It's like they took Sin and Punishment and then stripped the game of any and all fun and awesomeness.

this reminds me of every 1up podcast a month back.

This podcast brought to you by YARIS VS YARIS VS YARIS AT YARIS VS YARIS YARIS YARIS YARIS YARIS

this game is awful... the fact that you cannot invert the aiming makes this game completely unplayable for me. I know it's free, but would that have been a stretch? This makes Aegis Wing look AMAZING!

[quote name='neudog']I'm all for companies like BK and Toyota making games. Sure they're mediocre, but the BK games were entertaining and you got achievements. Hope this game hits the states. Thanks OP.[/quote]

Yeah, but this game looks like mediocre's developmentally challenged cousin.

Damn...didn't expect everyone to be so negative about this game. I gotta admit I did have that reaction intially but after a couple games, I got the hang of it and its pretty decent. Its basically a shooter...the car moves by itself and you just aim and fire.

Honestly, it's damned fine for a free game, and it's free achievements, so I'm pleasently surprised. Only thing I don't like is no inverted Y-Axis on the aiming.

[quote name='Brak']Worse than the Burger King games. :)[/quote]

lol that's what I was thinking when I was playing the game. This game is horrible, but good thing it was free.

I actually own a Yaris and this game creates a false sense of reality and negative stereotypes of the Yaris driving experience.

That Yaris game is like if Toyota took a shit in my hard drive. And then peed on my 360.

[quote name='defiance_17']One of the achievements actually requires you to buy a new Yaris and e-mail Toyota the VIN. What a piece of shit game.[/quote]

that is a joke riiiight? I wouldnt be surprised if they did something that stoopid

I could only stand it long enough to get my 200/200...

no, but seriously - I'm surprised I lasted long enough to get 5 gamerpoints.

I'll say it. I like this game. It's much more of a shooter than the racing game I expected.

After a half dozen or so ranked matches, I got 20th on the Trueskill ranking leaderboard and couldn't find anyone to match up with anymore.

The game gets harder with each level, but it's not so bad if you buy the S Sedan and buy upgrades for your tires, shields, and weapon slots.

Wow, this is a pretty bad game. Atleast it was free. I will probably only play it until I get a few more achievements, then never play it again.

Played for an hour or so. I have 85 achievement points (played with friend who beat game and we did level 8 and I got 2 for 75 :D )
Its...bad. Like, really bad. But somewhat fun with other people :D

[quote name='defiance_17']One of the achievements actually requires you to buy a new Yaris and e-mail Toyota the VIN. What a piece of shit game.[/QUOTE]

Just find a Yaris in a parking lot and write down its VIN. :p

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Just find a Yaris in a parking lot and write down its VIN. :p[/QUOTE]
That's actually a different Achievement, but it won't be out until they release the 1200 point DLC.

yeah i just got this a couple nights ago, was tough, but i got the 1000 coin achievement, just played the 1st level twice, 1st level wasn't that hard, but the 2nd level was not cool, seems pretty likely to be a shit game, but oh well, at least it was free, and if i get desperate, i can try to milk a few points off it.

This game is my new yardstick for determining if someone is an acheivement whore or not. This game is not worth getting the acheivements for and its free. I played two rounds and promptly deleted it from my hard drive. Its also the worst game Ive ever played on the 360 thus far.

I want to make a note of the names of the developers of this game so I can stay faaaaar away from anything else they might make.

[quote name='Puffa469']This game is my new yardstick for determining if someone is an acheivement whore or not. This game is not worth getting the acheivements for and its free. I played two rounds and promptly deleted it from my hard drive. Its also the worst game Ive ever played on the 360 thus far.

I want to make a note of the names of the developers of this game so I can stay faaaaar away from anything else they might make.[/QUOTE]
Backbone Entertainment. They are mainly known for porting sega, capcom and konami games on live but also made Sonic Rivals and Age of Empires DS

Uhhh...
Well, I will admit that I'm in between the camp of "THIS GAME SUCKS" and "It's really not that bad!" the fact is if this game cost me anything I would not be buying it. Nontheless, thank you Toyota advertising for the free game!

playing the game actually feels like a punishment. i struggled to keep playing to get more than 1 achievement, but i don't think it's worth the effort.

haha i love this thread. i dl'd it but havent played, i HAVE to play it after reading this. see if it can eclipse bullet witch as my most hated 360 game.

bread's done
Back