Xbox 360 Arcade for $180 on Amazon

RBH

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6#productPromotions

UPDATE: The previous price was a glitch. Price is now $179.96

The deal is apparently supposed to be just $20 off of the regular $199 price, but at the final checkout, I saw this:

mbr82h.jpg

Perhaps an error on Amazon's part, but might be a good opportunity to pick up an Arcade if the price stands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone that bought this at 160 received a shipping confirmation yet? Usually Amazon isnt this slow.....

[quote name='JoNJoN']Has anyone that bought this at 160 received a shipping confirmation yet? Usually Amazon isnt this slow.....[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped and arrived at my house today. I have Prime.

[quote name='OGHowie']Mine shipped and arrived at my house today. I have Prime.[/QUOTE]

Wow, nice. It is the 512mb unit correct? Amazon didn't get pissed at the price error and pull some crap and ship out 2 yr old Arcade's did they?

[quote name='JoNJoN']Wow, nice. It is the 512mb unit correct? Amazon didn't get pissed at the price error and pull some crap and ship out 2 yr old Arcade's did they?[/QUOTE]
They're advertising that they carry the newest version.

I just got mine today. It said something about 256MB on the box but nothing about 512MB. Is that a memory card they're referencing or do they advertise the 512MB internal memory somewhere on the box?

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']I just got mine today. It said something about 256MB on the box but nothing about 512MB. Is that a memory card they're referencing or do they advertise the 512MB internal memory somewhere on the box?[/QUOTE]

Check out this thread.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R201CH...&ASIN=B0029MAXS6&nodeID=468642#wasThisHelpful

Exterior packaging apparently indicates 256MB, but once you check out the actual console unit, it should be the 512MB version. Contact amazon beforehand if you must: 800-201-7575

Sigh 3 days on "Repair in Progress" status, should I just bite and get one of these and sell whatever I get back? That way its newer hardware? Kind of want to get an Elite just because of the color, but I dont need a 120gb hd and probably wont for a while...

any thoughts?

Whatever I have its not a jasper and its definitely not with on board memory. I had a 20gb pro that E74'd on me.

Oh, do the newest arcades still have the plain plastic disc tray fronts? Not a deal breaker, but just curious if they are still bothering to do that.

[quote name='mikeja72']Oh, do the newest arcades still have the plain plastic disc tray fronts? Not a deal breaker, but just curious if they are still bothering to do that.[/QUOTE]
I thought all 360 models had the chrome disc tray since the Falcon models.

Tempted to go ahead and grab one of these , plus the 120GB harddrive to "make my own elite". Any reason I shouldn't and just wait for the rumored Elite price drop and get that instead?

Plastic front tray for the Arcade Jaspers. It has always been this way for the Arcade systems. I actually think it looks better than the Pro because of this.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Tempted to go ahead and grab one of these , plus the 120GB harddrive to "make my own elite". Any reason I shouldn't and just wait for the rumored Elite price drop and get that instead?[/QUOTE]

i'm in the same boat. are there any differences between the elite and arcade other than hard drive and color?

even with the rumored drop, the elite is still $120 more than this deal, the same price as a new 120 gb hard drive. and i already have an old 20 gb...

any reason i should wait?

[quote name='OGHowie']Plastic front tray for the Arcade Jaspers. It has always been this way for the Arcade systems. I actually think it looks better than the Pro because of this.[/QUOTE]
I agree 100%. It has a lot "cleaner" of a look. I'm actually going to do some custom artwork and the all white front makes things a lot easier. The cheap chrome plastic is pretty cheesy looking to be honest.

[quote name='moacsupreme']i'm in the same boat. are there any differences between the elite and arcade other than hard drive and color?

even with the rumored drop, the elite is still $120 more than this deal, the same price as a new 120 gb hard drive. and i already have an old 20 gb...

any reason i should wait?[/QUOTE]

Headset? That, the color and the hard drive are the big differences (plus bundled games, if you go that direction). But, with cheap harddrives to be found ($50 at Sears for a 120GB), I can't see any reason to wait.

So I bit and got one as a replacement 360. Is it as simple as popping my old hard drive on the new system and signing in with my xbox live account?

Impatience and wanting the "better" hardware got the best of me, I should have it tomorrow :whistle2:D

[quote name='mikeja72']So I bit and got one as a replacement 360. Is it as simple as popping my old hard drive on the new system and signing in with my xbox live account?[/QUOTE]

Yup.

I just received mine too. I freaked when I saw the 256 on the box, and after reading this felt a little better, but i had to plug it in to reassure myself it was the 512 (300 and change left open). whew! good investment ^^

I've been thinking about getting an extra 360 for the bedroom, just because they are so cheap these days. I understand I could swap HDD's, but whatever. I have a 120gb and an extra 20gb (when I bought the 120). I also have a memory card. I understand I could keep my gamertag on the memory card and use it on both. That's great, but what about all the XBLA games I have on my current 360? Could they be downloaded on my new 360 and played when I am signed into my name?

Would my name (the name that purchased them all) be the only one that could play them?

[quote name='lilboo']I've been thinking about getting an extra 360 for the bedroom, just because they are so cheap these days. I understand I could swap HDD's, but whatever. I have a 120gb and an extra 20gb (when I bought the 120). I also have a memory card. I understand I could keep my gamertag on the memory card and use it on both. That's great, but what about all the XBLA games I have on my current 360? Could they be downloaded on my new 360 and played when I am signed into my name?

Would my name (the name that purchased them all) be the only one that could play them?[/QUOTE]

Ya that's right. You can play all your XBLA while you're offline using the 360 in which you originally downloaded the titles, but you have to be online for the other 360 (you have to recover your gamertag).

Just got mine in yesterday after ordering it on Monday. I had to buy another one since my first 360 died after 3 years. Just got done playing sme L4D for the first time and wow am I glade that I bought a replacement 360.

[quote name='OGHowie']Yes, I believe all systems with the internal 512mb memory are Jaspers.[/QUOTE]

Good news, as I'm considering an arcade to replace my E74'd pro. Is this 100% confirmed?

bread's done
Back