Xbox 360 Dilemna

darekIsAwesome

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Basically here's the situation. I recently acquired a broken 360 from a friend of mine, on the account that it had the red light problem, so eventually he got a new one and decided to be nice and get me one. When i asked him, I told him that my uncle would be able to look at it, but he has no experience with this.
I decided to call up Microsoft to get it repaired (I was willing to pay the 140$ even though there might be a possibilty that it isnt a year old yet)

On the phone call, my story was that I was getting this repaired for my brother and he was having problems with it( I didnt have any of the hookups to go through diagnostics so i thought it would be easier) Eventually she asked for the address since it had been called before and i got it off by a digit. She eventually told me to call back when i was with my "brother"

Here's the thing now. My friend just told me that a few months ago, he had sent in the 360 but M$ said they couldn't repair it. I dont know if this meant for free or what, and my friend said that something was fried.

Anyway, do I call back now and maybe send it in, even though I might just be wasting my time sending it in, or should I try something to fix it, or maybe just ebay it and put that towards a new one? Any ideas/

Get more details from your friend. Did MS say they couldn't fix it because it was his fault? Did he use a Intercooler and it fried something? More details.

If he did fuck it up then I would sell it on eBay and just use the money towards your own. Even broken 360s fetch some change.

The only thing he knows is that it constantly freezes up within 10 minutes, and the reason they couldnt fix it was because something was fried. He doesnt remember what was fried though. I was hoping someone oculd help since it seems sooo many people have had the same problems with the dreaded red lights.

Is it under warranty? Microsoft extended the warranty to a year. If he bought it last year, get it fixed. Yeah, they may not be able to "fix" it, but they still need to replace it.

bread's done
Back