Xbox 360 Dragon Controller w/Black headset $50 - Walmart Exclusive

Bump, because this deal is still active, and is still good. (and i just ordered one).

Controller is 60 in-store, and is 50 to order online.

P.S. (you can choose their Free "Site-To-Store" shipping, and they "ship" it to the store in 4-7 days.)

P.P.S. ( this is NOT regular in-store pickup like other stores offer. this does take a few days to be made available to you in-store, they send you an e-mail when you can pick it up.)

I'd like to know what the back looks like. None of the pictures show how the art wraps around
and I've seen them in the store but you can't see the back through the packaging.

If someone who has one of these could post a picture of the back that would be awesome.

I'll get it when I need a new headset.. I've already spent so much money recently I'm not willing to spend $60 on something i won't need anytime soon..

It's actually pretty cool looking in person the glossy black buttons look cool with the white casing, but on the left side of the grip there is an 20-30's era candle-stick telephone which ruins the whole thing for me. I imagine this conversation in a board-room full of sycophants: "We need another image on the left. Quick pick something random from the clip-art site! Done, retro telephone . . . Sweet?"

It has kind of a Nagel/ 80's monochromatic look which is nice if you can get past my issue.

dragon_controller.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Magehart']I would totally have sex with that controller if it was black and red. [/QUOTE]

2nded. White it just so... :whistle2:&

It looks like the art doesn't wrap around to the back at all.
It's just a plain white controller back. That really sucks.
I wasn't really planning on getting this in the first place
but that really makes me not want it.
That and that little picture of the old style phone DOES look really goofy.

Since the Wally World I work at sometimes has about 8,000 of these (plus 4 unopened boxes in the back), I think $30 or less on clearence in the near future is not to be unexpected.

^ You can always do site-to-store. Granted, it's not like Best Buy where they give you in-store stock and instead you have to wait forever while Wal-Mart ships it to your store, but it's still an option.

[quote name='Decker']Would they match their online price in-store? They're usually pretty liberal with their price-match policy in the past, in my experience.

I wonder if this has the new D-pad. If so, it's a purchase for me.[/quote]

You can always do site-to-store. Granted, it's not like Best Buy where they give you in-store stock and instead you have to wait forever while Wal-Mart ships it to your store, but it's still an option.

I ordered one from Wally back when they had the paypal promotion. People certainly like the overall look. It is unique for sure. I have a pink battery pack attached now. Talk about Frankenpad.

Hey guys, if its an option to you I saw these in-stock at my local Sams Club for 47.XX. Im sure this is YMMV but its worth checking out next time you go buy your 80 gallon drum of butter.
meta4ik.png

[quote name='CheapyD']How do you know it has the new D-pad?[/quote]

I've tested it myself at friends house.

Quote from a review:

"The "D-Pad" (Directional Pad) is a bit smaller and controls more tightly than the original Xbox 360's "see-saw" D-Pad. This is only really useful if you play fighting games like Virtua Fighter or Soul Calibur with the D-Pad, but it's still a nice improvement to an already fantastic controller."

Trust me, its no major improvement, but its a start. Its not a major difference as in 32 directions. That has been yet to be announced.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']
Too bad no Wal-mart near me & I only buy from Amazon :([/quote]
Wow, no Wal-mart? Where?

I agree with others, this controller looks horribly ugly and generic...

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']This fancy to some designed controller is only available at Wal-Mart and it DOES include the 'NEW' D-Pad design. It also comes with a black wired headset, the one you can only get by getting an Elite.

dragon_controller.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...0000003142040&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10568386

Not really a deal, but hey good news to most of us who play fighting games.[/quote]

No new d-pad. Only the green ones have it (I have a green one).

[quote name='PhrostByte']No new d-pad. Only the green ones have it (I have a green one).[/quote]

Only the lime green LE ones that are sold outside the US have it. The OLIVE green (HALO LE) and promo PRIMARY green ones have the old D-Pad.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Only the lime green LE ones that are sold outside the US have it. The OLIVE green (HALO LE) and promo PRIMARY green ones have the old D-Pad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. that's right, that's the one I have. Sorry I should have clarified.

I purchased this a few weeks ago because of the design but ultimatly ended up returning it because of the d-pad. I couldnt bare to spend $50 on somthing for a graphic design when I already have 2 wireless and 1 wired. I will continue to wait for an updated controller.

bread's done
Back