Xbox 360 elite $200 refurb at Tiger Direct

[quote name='mahyar1']Refurbished by a 3rd party. So no Microsoft warranty![/QUOTE]

Correct. Also Microsoft will not fix a 360 that has opened by anybody but Microsoft. My friend got the RROD. He tried to fix it himself with no luck. He sent it to Microsoft for repair. Microsoft sent him back the check and a letter stating they will not fix his 360 because it has been opened.

Yep. Only buy refurbed units from reputable sellers (which TD is) who are offering MS refurbished units. When this goes, you're pretty much shit out of luck. At the end of the day, when it comes to the 360, you're just better off paying more and getting the brand-new unit.

If I had extra money I would grab this and attempt to mod it. But that's not the story.

I wouldn't buy a refurb 360 if it was refurbed by MS. After known faulty hardware has to be fixed once it's not long before it has to be fixed again.

Sounds like a good deal, until I read the reviews. When the GoTY Edition comes out next week, I'll trade in my non-HDMI 360 @ gamestop with games and accessories, and I'll end up paying about 200-250...I'll pass.

Is that "Game of the Year" edition = the Elite bundled with Fable 2 and Halo 3? If so, that's a nice deal (except I don't want black!)

And yeah, I wouldn't touch a refurbed 360 even if it was from Microsoft. A new one isn't much more than that...

Thismay sound a littel anti MS but.. There are plenty of Refrub boxes for sale that have the warrenty becuase of the high fail rate (note, my launch day one has never failed) that are not much more. BUT! this is diffently the cheepest one i have seen for this model. 90 warenty? guess i will have to look.

To me, if circumstances were different, this would have been a great deal (it's dead, anyway). You'd be saving $200. But considering it wasn't MS refurbed, and the GotY bundle is dropping soon, there would be no reason to go this route.

people skip this.. many of these 3rd party refurbs are DOA. Also even if they do work they are not worth it, because they often don't work long

bread's done
Back