Xbox 360 Holiday Bundles Feature Family Friendly Games

IOnceWasLegend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[img-l=4668]2773[/img-l]Looks like Microsoft will be announcing Xbox 360 console bundles with free pack-in games at Tokyo Game Show on Thursday. CAG members have discovered that GameStop has the new bundles listed with a ship date of October 8th. Lego Indiana Jones and Kung-Fu Panda are included with the $300 Pro and $400 Elite, while Sega Superstar Tennis ships with the $200 Arcade. Xbox 360 Fanboy reports that a Swedish retailer is also listing this bundle, so expect to see this offer everywhere.

As a side effect, expect to find insanely cheap used copies of all three games soon.

Original post
Saw this today at Gamestop, and thought I'd post it. Starting on November 1st, if I remember correctly, 360 systems will be bundled with one or two games. The bundles are:

360 Arcade System ($199.99): Sega Superstars Tennis
360 Pro System (60 GB, $299.99) and Elite ($399.99): LEGO Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda.

No word about the MS refurbished 20GB systems for $249.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
The original package was going to be Bioshock/The Darkness. Would have been a bigger seller in my opinion but oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='keysersoze7']The original package was going to be Bioshock/The Darkness. Would have been a bigger seller in my opinion but oh well.[/quote]
Interesting....

HAHA! So glad I didn't wait and bought Amazon's Arcade bundle with Lego Batman for $200. Pretty ridiculous that Amazon can give you a game that just came out that week, while all MS can muster up is Sega Superstars Tennis. That game isn't even worth a flip at Blockbuster anymore. The only good news from this is that I'll be able to pick up Lego Indy soon for super cheap.

Now my missing out on the Lego Batman deal sucks even more. I hope this doesn't keep retailers from coming out with deals of their own (at least a substantial free gift card when Gears 2 comes out, perhaps?). I'll keep my fingers crossed and hang back for a while longer. Heck, every day that goes by makes it more likely that I'll luck out with a Jasper.

Now if Best Buy or Toys R' Us would offer that free $100 gift card with purchase like they did before with purchase of 360.. Be a good time to go for the Elite..

That would make my Christmas..

Hey I picked up the Pro bundle today at EB and it's NOT the Jasper chip. Mine says it was manufactured 7/27/07. It's the Pro 60GB with a sticker on it showing the games, and the Kung Fu Panda and Indy games are in special packaging like the Forza/Marvel bundle. So basically they opened the boxes and stuck the game in and slapped a sticker on the box.

[quote name='jedifrog21']Hey I picked up the Pro bundle today at EB and it's NOT the Jasper chip. Mine says it was manufactured 7/27/07. It's the Pro 60GB with a sticker on it showing the games, and the Kung Fu Panda and Indy games are in special packaging like the Forza/Marvel bundle. So basically they opened the boxes and stuck the game in and slapped a sticker on the box.[/quote]
Yipes, that might not even be a Falcon...

damn....the 60 gig i got (non-bundle) has a 7/4/08 date!

[quote name='Guerrilla']Yipes, that might not even be a Falcon...[/QUOTE]

That truly sucks...all I know is to look on the outside packaging for Lot# 0832 or higher for the latest chipset, but still no definitive proof that the Jasper will be inside.

[quote name='jedifrog21']Hey I picked up the Pro bundle today at EB and it's NOT the Jasper chip. Mine says it was manufactured 7/27/07. It's the Pro 60GB with a sticker on it showing the games, and the Kung Fu Panda and Indy games are in special packaging like the Forza/Marvel bundle. So basically they opened the boxes and stuck the game in and slapped a sticker on the box.[/quote]

That sucks. I called 5 gamestops today and 4 of them confirmed they were selling existing inventory and giving people the bundled games separately. I'd hoped these would be completely new bundles with recent manufacture dates, but I guess that's not the case.

[quote name='sharpedge']That sucks. I called 5 gamestops today and 4 of them confirmed they were selling existing inventory and giving people the bundled games separately. I'd hoped these would be completely new bundles with recent manufacture dates, but I guess that's not the case.[/quote]

If that's the case...then I can get myself a somewhat cheap Xbox 360 Pro after selling the two games. Interesting....

I was at my local GS today, I was told that yes you get the two games with a purchase the pro or elite... But the interesting thing she said was that if you buy a used system, you get your choice of two free used games valued at $29.99 or lower. Nice deal, but I wouldn't want to buy a refurb. unit (aka ticking time bomb).

[quote name='mike.m']Who cares? Seriously, as long as they're all making great games, why does it even matter?[/quote]

it does matr cuz ps3 sux, and im sik of ps3 owners thinkin its betr than 360

[quote name='sharpedge']I'd hoped these would be completely new bundles with recent manufacture dates, but I guess that's not the case.[/quote]
Well if jedifrog21 got a Pro 60gb with a manufactured date of 7/27/07, that means MS must be putting new 60gbs into old overstock Pros...

[quote name='sstcrush']it does matr cuz ps3 sux, and im sik of ps3 owners thinkin its betr than 360[/quote]

I know this is a joke...I know this is a joke...I know this is a joke...

[quote name='Guerrilla']Well if jedifrog21 got a Pro 60gb with a manufactured date of 7/27/07, that means MS must be putting new 60gbs into old overstock Pros...[/QUOTE]

Or he just mistyped the year.

[quote name='sstcrush']it does matr cuz ps3 sux, and im sik of ps3 owners thinkin its betr than 360[/quote]

BAN!

[quote name='niceguyshawne']Or he just mistyped the year.[/quote]

Oh geez, sorry everybody, I was in a rush before and was mad I didn't get a Japser, but yeah the manufacture WAS 2008 my bad. Still pissed I didn't get a Jasper, still a good deal for now though

[quote name='jedifrog21']Oh geez, sorry everybody, I was in a rush before and was mad I didn't get a Japser, but yeah the manufacture WAS 2008 my bad. Still pissed I didn't get a Jasper, still a good deal for now though[/quote]
Heh, well that makes sense. Sorry you missed a Jasper, but Falcons aren't too bad. ;)

I wonder if Micro$oft would intentionally put all the old stock aka Falcon into the holiday bundle in order to get rid of them...before Jasper comes in later after Christmas.

[quote name='eau']I wonder if Micro$oft would intentionally put all the old stock aka Falcon into the holiday bundle in order to get rid of them...before Jasper comes in later after Christmas.[/quote]

Well, that would make the most sense, from a business perspective. If not, all of the old stock would just sit there. GS is already doing this, as mentioned on the previous page.

[quote name='stewie75']Traded Lego Indy JUST IN TIME! Jackpot..[/QUOTE]

Just got a mental picture of Indy reaching under the closing door to get his hat before it closes. LOL

Got two of each game bundle thanks to a GS selling the systems before putting the games in them! It pays big time to be a good customer and have a big insider.

[quote name='Ziv']Got two of each game bundle thanks to a GS selling the systems before putting the games in them! It pays big time to be a good customer and have a big insider.[/quote]
Do you have a pic of how the game bundle looks like?

The one that was on ebay the other day was like the MUA/Forza bundle LY. 1 game cover on the front, the other on the back. I can't speak to whether or not the games were on seperate discs.

a little OT but they got those ESA Charity/Holiday Bundles again this year for $34.99 which isn't the best price for the games included...

Viva Pinata Party Animals
Shrek the Third
Sonic the Hedgehog

I'm very happy they chose to put Kung Fu Panda in the bundle. I've been wanting the game for some time now, and now that it's in the bundle, the value will drop like a rock . Just like last year's Forza 2/MUA combo, we'll be buying Panda and Lego Indy disc sets for under $20 in a couple of months.

[quote name='TomoyoN']a little OT but they got those ESA Charity/Holiday Bundles again this year for $34.99 which isn't the best price for the games included...

Viva Pinata Party Animals
Shrek the Third
Sonic the Hedgehog[/QUOTE]

At least it's for a good cause. Think of it as a donation, and the games are just gravy.

My 360 died on Thursday (lasted almost 3 years with no problems). It didn't get the RRoD so Microsoft wanted me to pay $105 to get it fixed. I traded in my broken system to Gamestop instead for $50. For an extra $45 I got a brand new Arcade and didn't have to wait 3 weeks for the fix. Sega Superstars Tennis came in a two-disc case with the 5 Arcade games. Unfortunately, Microsoft has the case in a terrible posistion in the box so it was crushed. The game discs are fine but the case itself is pretty much destoryed.

Hmm, I got a new Pro system about 3 weeks ago from Best Buy. You think they will give me the two games if I mention Gamestop is doing it? Or do I have to take back the whole thing and exchange it for a bundle?

Or am I out of luck?

Glad I held off on getting a 360 last month. This KungFu bundle will make it easier to sell the wife on being our kids (mainly mine) gift of the year for xmas.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']The one that was on ebay the other day was like the MUA/Forza bundle LY. 1 game cover on the front, the other on the back. I can't speak to whether or not the games were on seperate discs.[/quote]

Yeah, two disks with Lego Indy on front and Kung Fu Panda on the back. Sega Superstar Tennis is on the front of the other box with Arcade on the back also on two disks. Same packaging as last year box wise.

[quote name='n00bie']Hmm, I got a new Pro system about 3 weeks ago from Best Buy. You think they will give me the two games if I mention Gamestop is doing it? Or do I have to take back the whole thing and exchange it for a bundle?

Or am I out of luck?[/quote]

Unfortunately you're probably out of luck unless they let you pick up a whole new bundle (as Indy/Kung-Fu Panda are in a single box unlike regular retail copies).

[quote name='Ziv']Yeah, two disks with Lego Indy on front and Kung Fu Panda on the back. Sega Superstar Tennis is on the front of the other box with Arcade on the back also on two disks. Same packaging as last year box wise.[/quote]
I can confirm i spotted one at GS and bought it since i wanted lego indy. Strange thing was game was 39.99 used for both, while lego indy was 44.99 on its own.

Wonder if Dell.com is pushing out these bundles yet. This would be great price since they have the Elite for $300 after their coupon code.

[quote name='qwikstreet']Wonder if Dell.com is pushing out these bundles yet. This would be great price since they have the Elite for $300 after their coupon code.[/quote]

Dell is now showing the bundle. So you can get an Elite over there for 299$ with the coupon code in another thread on CAG.

[quote name='LordFarquaad']has anyone picked this bundle up yet and confirmed it is the new Jasper mobo?[/quote]

Since the games were just added to existing inventory, no. Probably not. Unless you get really lucky. And this was already mentioned around post 55.

[quote name='qwikstreet']Dell is now showing the bundle. So you can get an Elite over there for 299$ with the coupon code in another thread on CAG.[/QUOTE]

You mean the one that was dead the second it was posted?

bread's done
Back