Xbox 360 Holiday Bundles Feature Family Friendly Games

IOnceWasLegend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[img-l=4668]2773[/img-l]Looks like Microsoft will be announcing Xbox 360 console bundles with free pack-in games at Tokyo Game Show on Thursday. CAG members have discovered that GameStop has the new bundles listed with a ship date of October 8th. Lego Indiana Jones and Kung-Fu Panda are included with the $300 Pro and $400 Elite, while Sega Superstar Tennis ships with the $200 Arcade. Xbox 360 Fanboy reports that a Swedish retailer is also listing this bundle, so expect to see this offer everywhere.

As a side effect, expect to find insanely cheap used copies of all three games soon.

Original post
Saw this today at Gamestop, and thought I'd post it. Starting on November 1st, if I remember correctly, 360 systems will be bundled with one or two games. The bundles are:

360 Arcade System ($199.99): Sega Superstars Tennis
360 Pro System (60 GB, $299.99) and Elite ($399.99): LEGO Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda.

No word about the MS refurbished 20GB systems for $249.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='misbitski']At least it's for a good cause. Think of it as a donation, and the games are just gravy.[/quote]

Yeah.. but how many % from that bundle really goes to the cause.

I ordered the 60gb holiday bundle off Amazon.com yesterday and had it shipped overnight for $10 and received it today.

XBOX 360 PRO SYSTEM VALUE BUNDLE 2008 EN/E
MFR Date: 2008-09-08
LOT NO: 0837
Team: FDOU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='John*smom']But Gamestops are selling them $5 higher than CC, BB and WM[/QUOTE]

So don't buy from Gamestop. It looks like they're trying to be greedy and pocket $5 for themselves. That's not Microsoft's fault. MSRP = manufacturer's SUGGESTED retail price.

[quote name='Gotenks']I ordered the 60gb holiday bundle off Amazon.com yesterday and had it shipped overnight for $10 and received it today.

XBOX 360 PRO SYSTEM VALUE BUNDLE 2008 EN/E
MFR Date: 2008-09-08
LOT NO: 0837
Team: FDOU[/QUOTE]
looks like you got the elusive jasper chip possibly......

is the power brick still fuckin' huge?

I would think that if these bundles contained Jaspers, we would be hearing about it by now. Those are BIG NEWS, after all, aren't they?

well my 360 ( manufacture date april 2006) is finally hitting the bucket. was playing a game of nba 2k9 when white lines popped up with the dreaded 3 red rings. turned it off then on and the same thing happened. to make things worse i've moved a few times in the last few years and lost the receipt for the damn thing :( . anyway i would be all over this deal if it was confirmed that the new jaspers were out. damn you M$ for creating a shitty console (design wise).

[quote name='Vitality X']well my 360 ( manufacture date april 2006) is finally hitting the bucket. was playing a game of nba 2k9 when white lines popped up with the dreaded 3 red rings. turned it off then on and the same thing happened. to make things worse i've moved a few times in the last few years and lost the receipt for the damn thing :( . anyway i would be all over this deal if it was confirmed that the new jaspers were out. damn you M$ for creating a shitty console (design wise).[/QUOTE]

Microsoft will have your purchase date. You won't need your receipt for a repair.

[quote name='misbitski']"100% of Microsoft's net proceeds from this Family Games pack will go to support local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. "

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2008/1007-threegreatgames.htm[/QUOTE]

I picked up one of these the other day with a BB gift card I wasn't doing anything with. My kids are enjoying the games. I wish Nintendo would do something like this for the Wii. This is the second year I have picked up the MS bundle.

Just wondering if anyone has traded the Lego Indy and KF Panda games as individual titles? I was thinking of doing so, and was wondering if they'd raise an eyebrow and give me a hard time since they'd most likely have to give me more credit plus the $10 promo as opposed to the paltry $8 they offer for the two disc bundle?

[quote name='ultramanJ']Just wondering if anyone has traded the Lego Indy and KF Panda games as individual titles? I was thinking of doing so, and was wondering if they'd raise an eyebrow and give me a hard time since they'd most likely have to give me more credit plus the $10 promo as opposed to the paltry $8 they offer for the two disc bundle?[/quote]

They most certainly have to take the games in as separate titles. All GS stores accept disc-only copies of games. Now, the problem is that some stores try to charge you a refurb fee on disc-only games, even though that is not the official GS policy. The fee is usually a buck or two per title, I think.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']They most certainly have to take the games in as separate titles. All GS stores accept disc-only copies of games. Now, the problem is that some stores try to charge you a refurb fee on disc-only games, even though that is not the official GS policy. The fee is usually a buck or two per title, I think.[/QUOTE]

I wound up trading them in and made out rather well. I had purchased them w/the B2G1 promo for $36, and made a few pennies when I traded them in seperately for store credit. I then spent the credit w/the Cellfire promo to get a used Fable 2 for $40. I'll buy the Lego/Panda bundle again when they hit the $20 mark which probably won't take too long.

Lego Indiana Jones is the best Lego game yet. It's a ton of fun, but no way was I going to spend $50 on it. Can't wait to pick it up for around $5 used. I expect it will probably come packed on the same disk as this crappy Panda game? Oh well, more nerd points for my niece to unlock for me, I suppose.

[quote name='dmaul1114']http://kotaku.com/5068066/new-360-bundle-is-the-biggest-bundle-of-them-all

$349 foo 60GB 360, with Guitar Hero 3 with guitar, Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda.

That's a pretty decent deal for people who want a 360 and GH3.[/QUOTE]

Wow! That is one damn good deal. Methinks Sam's club is going to move quite a few units.

Anyone see a used price on the Lego Indy Jones/KF Panda yet?

My son loved Lego Indy Jones, I figure the bundle alone would be a great Christmas present.

bread's done
Back