Xbox 360 Hori Fighting Stick EX2 39.99 at EB/GS B&M

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
They're clearing out remaining stock at 39.99. The below link will search for local stock for you - just replace the last XXXXX with your ZIP code.

http://www.gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=50&sku=802191&zip=XXXXX

EDIT: Actually, it looks like Cheapie's affiliate link is screwing with the locator link. Hmmm.. if it doesn't work for you, copy/paste the below link and remove the space from between "game" and "stop":

http://www.game stop.com/productavail.asp?miles=50&sku=802191&zip=XXXXX

[quote name='imacgod'] There's only a handful of fighting games on the Xbox 360 (Dead or Alive, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat). I guess I'll try the trial for SFII again since I wasn't happy with the Live Arcade version with the regular controller (totally worth on the Wii's Virtual Console though). This could be useful for several of the non-fighting Live Arcade games, but I don't think there's much use for the arcade stick. The only fighting game I own currently is VF5. Hopefully it will be worth it for Street Fighter 4 and Soul Calibur 4.[/QUOTE]

There's also Fatal Fury Special (awesome and only $5), and the stick is good for other arcade games like Double Dragon and Metal Slug too. Besides the upcoming games you mentioned, Super SF 2 X HD Remix and King of Fighters 12 are both coming. If you wait until there's more games out, you either won't be able to find a stick or you will be paying full price for whatever stick is out at the time.

[quote name='lockey']has anyone tried the Wii one. Bought the 360 & Ps3 with the 10% off coupon (thanks for answering about the PS2 I assumed it would work). Also has anyone got it work on a pc?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have the Wii stick. I quite like it - it's very much like the 360 version, but I prefer the design/colors.

I got lucky. I went into my local gamestop and found one sealed 360 Hori stick on the shelf under the games. I asked him if he had anymore since I need two for some competitive play with a friend of mine. To my surprise, he says, yes we have one used one in the back but it has a DOA4 sticker and it is $19. I was quite surprised to see a DOA4 Hori stick since these had been on clearance for a while. Probably someone traded it in without knowing the actual value of the stick, and how hard it is to find.

I also didn't go for the PS3 Hori stick even though a few stores around me seem to show it in stock according to the stock check. I have the Tekken 5 Hori stick, and not only does it work great on the PS2, but it also works flawlessly on the PS3 with a Pelican PS2-PS3 adapter. I haven't noticed any lag or other funky behavior at all--all inputs come out as if I was it hooked up directly.

I would like to do a small comparison based on what little time I have spent on 360 Hori stick. My Tekken 5 stick is fairly large and heavy. It also has more travel distance for the level, and the buttons have more spring to them. You really have to place the stick on a hard surface to properly use it. Comparatively, the 360 Hori stick is much smaller and is meant for one's lap rather than being placed on the table to play. The actual lever has less of a travel, which does makes certain commands easy to pull. On my Tekken5 stick, it is easy to make a mistake on quarter and half circles if I'm not too careful, but that is not the case with 360 Hori stick. Both have square gates, which I don't mind since I have gotten used to them by now.

In any case, I used two 10% off coupons and got two sticks for 54+tax. Not a bad deal at all. I would really like to thank the OP.

Can someone explain what the difference is between a square gate and whatever other optionst there are? Something to do with restricting the movement of the stick?

[quote name='cavalry12']I got lucky. I went into my local gamestop and found one sealed 360 Hori stick on the shelf under the games. I asked him if he had anymore since I need two for some competitive play with a friend of mine. To my surprise, he says, yes we have one used one in the back but it has a DOA4 sticker and it is $19. I was quite surprised to see a DOA4 Hori stick since these had been on clearance for a while. Probably someone traded it in without knowing the actual value of the stick, and how hard it is to find.

I also didn't go for the PS3 Hori stick even though a few stores around me seem to show it in stock according to the stock check. I have the Tekken 5 Hori stick, and not only does it work great on the PS2, but it also works flawlessly on the PS3 with a Pelican PS2-PS3 adapter. I haven't noticed any lag or other funky behavior at all--all inputs come out as if I was it hooked up directly.

I would like to do a small comparison based on what little time I have spent on 360 Hori stick. My Tekken 5 stick is fairly large and heavy. It also has more travel distance for the level, and the buttons have more spring to them. You really have to place the stick on a hard surface to properly use it. Comparatively, the 360 Hori stick is much smaller and is meant for one's lap rather than being placed on the table to play. The actual lever has less of a travel, which does makes certain commands easy to pull. On my Tekken5 stick, it is easy to make a mistake on quarter and half circles if I'm not too careful, but that is not the case with 360 Hori stick. Both have square gates, which I don't mind since I have gotten used to them by now.

In any case, I used two 10% off coupons and got two sticks for 54+tax. Not a bad deal at all. I would really like to thank the OP.[/quote]

If you have the SKU on the DOA4 stick, we'd love to slap it into the locator link...

[quote name='Ronin317']If you have the SKU on the DOA4 stick, we'd love to slap it into the locator link...[/QUOTE]

its under the same scu unfortunately. I called my friend, who's an Gamestop manager

I heard that the PS3 stick works on PS2 games now with the latest firmware update. Is this true? If it is, I think I'll pick one up.

I see a PS3 one but I just don't know about 2 different sticks. Seems a bit much and I'll probably be cursing when Tekken 6 comes out.

[quote name='Gosha']I heard that the PS3 stick works on PS2 games now with the latest firmware update. Is this true? If it is, I think I'll pick one up.[/quote]
i have the ps3 fs3 and it works on ps2 games.

[quote name='Xerxes']I see a PS3 one but I just don't know about 2 different sticks. Seems a bit much and I'll probably be cursing when Tekken 6 comes out.[/QUOTE]

Haven't completely decided yet, but I might hold on until the next releases of Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, and Tekken for a new arcade stick. I bet there's a good chance we see new sticks then or even bundles considering they are all huge franchises and previously had special sticks around their releases.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, and I will join you in cursing. :)

Great news on the PS3 stick! Guess the info I dug up with outdated. I will definitely be picking one up this weekend! Since these arcade sticks are all USB-based, sure wished they could be compatible across platforms :/

The Wii stick isn't on sale, right?

I really am interested in one of these mainly for pc use. The locator found 2 near me one at a Babbages and Gamestop about 50 miles away from each other. I went to the Babbages and they said they did not have it and called the gamestop and they said they have not had any for a long time. Not sure what is going on.

[quote name='noryn']I really am interested in one of these mainly for pc use. The locator found 2 near me one at a Babbages and Gamestop about 50 miles away from each other. I went to the Babbages and they said they did not have it and called the gamestop and they said they have not had any for a long time. Not sure what is going on.[/QUOTE]

When I got mine I went to a store that the availability page said had 1-3 and the guy told me they didnt have any and haven't had any for a long time and it was de-listed. I asked him to check if any stores nearby had it and he told me to go to one which the site had said had zero, I go there anyway (in the pouring rain) and they have it hanging on a column up against the ceiling.

Picked up another (#4) 360 stick today for $19 at GS at Chandler Mall. They also had the PS3 Hori stick for $29 which was to my delight as I just got a PS3 and want to play Tekken on it. They retail for $39 on Buy.com so that might be a deal as well.

Yes, the Wii one works with Brawl, but I gotta say it's not easy using it as it really feels like it's built for the GC controller IMO.

[quote name='foundation']Picked up another (#4) 360 stick today for $19 at GS at Chandler Mall. [/quote]

Is that a typo? I thought this stick was supposed to be $39.99.

[quote name='foundation']Picked up another (#4) 360 stick today for $19 at GS at Chandler Mall. They also had the PS3 Hori stick for $29 which was to my delight as I just got a PS3 and want to play Tekken on it. They retail for $39 on Buy.com so that might be a deal as well.

Yes, the Wii one works with Brawl, but I gotta say it's not easy using it as it really feels like it's built for the GC controller IMO.[/QUOTE]

Why would you want 4 Xbox360 sticks?? unless you plan on flippin' it on ebay??

[quote name='elmyra']Is that a typo? I thought this stick was supposed to be $39.99.[/QUOTE]

This was today but before I saw the post that it was on sale. It was marked at $49.99 and the guy said he couldn't get it to scan. Looked it up manually, said it was $19.99 and then tried to talk me out of it since it's such a horrible stick he said. I went in for the PS3 one but bought both.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Why would you want 4 Xbox360 sticks?? unless you plan on flippin' it on ebay??[/QUOTE]

Ever since the DC stick became a ghost and I was stuck with one broken one and one that was wearing out, I've made it a point to have a few backups just in case. They work on PC as well so, despite it's minor excessiveness, I keep 'em around.

[quote name='LiK']same dude from GAF??

btw, yea, i have the DOA4 stick and it's great. Hori rules.[/quote]

Yes, there is only one MarkMan. :)

[quote name='MarkMan']Yes, there is only one MarkMan. :)[/quote]

cool, it's always nice to see a regular from one forum in another forum, hehehe :D

[quote name='H-Town Info']its under the same scu unfortunately. I called my friend, who's an Gamestop manager[/quote]

Not calling foul on this, but that doesn't make sense, since the DOA4 stick was ringing up $19.99. I'm sure it's possible, but it sounds stupid for GS to have multiple UPCs under 1 SKU for specific game items. I've seen it done with Action Figures and such back when I worked for EB, but never games. Even GH versions of games had their own SKU.

I had to do some digging around to find both my receipts, but the sku numbers are indeed different.

Hori EX2 Xbox 360 sku = 802191 080/000
DOA4 stick sku = 900627 900/00

Please keep in mind that DOA4 stick was bought used. Goodluck.

[quote name='Mr.Bojangles']Anyone know yet if Wii Stick works with Brawl?[/QUOTE]

To quote a great man..

[quote name='foundation']
Yes, the Wii one works with Brawl, but I gotta say it's not easy using it as it really feels like it's built for the GC controller IMO.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mr.Bojangles']How can I know if my GS/EB has these? I can't find them online:([/QUOTE]

Do you not read these threads or at least the first post? :whee:

a) They're no longer in stock online. They're on sale/clearance. You're going to have to go B&M.

b) Read the first post. It says to copy and paste the link and replace the XXXXX with your zip code to check local stock. Hopefully it'll save you a trip.

c) I don't why people are interested in the Wii Fighting Stick SKU. I don't think it's being clearanced, but it isn't online either.

Certainly a newb for a guy on CAG for this long...

[quote name='fuchikoma']must be some sort of generic used controller sku. that's far too many hits for the doa specific stick[/quote]
I'm gonna agree with you. Called about all 7 that showed on the list and not one stick. :cry:

I just talked to a gamestop manager...that DOA4 stick sku is just a generic wired 360 sku. Although he did tell me what store may have a doa4 stick, new, sitting in back...for $17.99

[quote name='Ronin317']I just talked to a gamestop manager...that DOA4 stick sku is just a generic wired 360 sku. Although he did tell me what store may have a doa4 stick, new, sitting in back...for $17.99[/QUOTE]

$17.99 is obviously a great deal if you intend to use the stick, but it's worth little if anything more than the Hori EX2 on the resale market now (in case that's your intention). Its huge value last year was because it was the only available arcade stick.

[quote name='gkrykewy']$17.99 is obviously a great deal if you intend to use the stick, but it's worth little if anything more than the Hori EX2 on the resale market now (in case that's your intention). Its huge value last year was because it was the only available arcade stick.[/quote]

I bought an EX2, I was just thinking I'd return that one and save $20...but it didn't pan out anyways, as the store I was told to check only had the EX2 left (I think the employee is lying and purchasing it himself...or already did...)

Went around to two stores, both on my commute to school, and picked up two sticks! Had to call around to 10 different stores... they look great!

How much do you think the sticks will cost if they make some new ones for the new Street Fighter or Soul Caliber? Currently the retail for the Hori Ex2 is $60 which is a bit steep and there aren't any used ones around.

The DoA SKU is for "Wired Xbox360 Controller" so beware when searching stores for those.

I got my Hori Ex2 for $40 but price tag was $60. Used 10% coupon to make it a sweeter deal. Employee was surprised by the price. Unfortunately for him it was the only one they had. Poor sad panda.

Just to let you all know, I did the mod to make the joystick work smoother and it helped greatly. It's worth the $10 to pull off hlaf circle motions with no problem.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Just to let you all know, I did the mod to make the joystick work smoother and it helped greatly. It's worth the $10 to pull off hlaf circle motions with no problem.[/QUOTE]

Cool! It might be helpful for people if you could link to the specific parts you bought.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Just to let you all know, I did the mod to make the joystick work smoother and it helped greatly. It's worth the $10 to pull off hlaf circle motions with no problem.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree with the prior post. Please tell us which parts you bought, and which instructions you followed. Would love to make these sticks better, if it's somewhat simple.
BTW, did you convert both sticks (ps3, and 360) or just the 360 one?

[quote name='dragonjud']Yeah, I agree with the prior post. Please tell us which parts you bought, and which instructions you followed. Would love to make these sticks better, if it's somewhat simple.
BTW, did you convert both sticks (ps3, and 360) or just the 360 one?[/QUOTE]

I ordered parts for both the 360 and PS3 sticks I bought earlier this week. I plan on using the tutorial posted earlier in this thread and also referencing this link as well. Doesn't look too difficult. This is my first arcade stick mod so we'll see how it goes.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Cool! It might be helpful for people if you could link to the specific parts you bought.[/quote]
http://www.lizardlickamusements.com/pages/joysticks.shtml

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sanwa [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor Plate

10 minute mod at most. I opened my case to take a peek prior to install. Very easy mod.
[/FONT]

I recommend replacing the buttons with Sanwa or Seimitsu 30 mm buttons as well, but you'd have to be able to solder.

[quote name='leehom']http://www.lizardlickamusements.com/pages/joysticks.shtml

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sanwa [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor Plate

10 minute mod at most. I opened my case to take a peek prior to install. Very easy mod.
[/FONT]
[/QUOTE]

how is octagonal better than square? i dont know shit about joystick innards. I googled it and it just seems people say its your personal preference but does it feel different? how does it change the stick physically?

bread's done
Back