Xbox 360 Premium & Elite w/Forza 2 & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Supplies Running Out

PyroGamer

Banned
Microsoft this morning confirmed part of the bundle rumor that's been ravaging the Internet for weeks: All Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Elites will now come with free copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a $90 value.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/microsoft-gives-away-two-games-with-360s-308136.php

Nice to hear the double-game bundles are finally back. Hopefully they keep bundling such great games, too (as opposed to the Tetris Worlds crap they started resorting to on the OG Xbox)

Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed "Forza Motorsport 2" (Microsoft Game Studios) and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

[quote name='snoopcogg']1. I just got a 360 Pro Amazon. Lot 745 manfactured on 11-7-2007 and it is a Falcon. It passed the flashlight test and has the Hitachi Drive.

2. I also have a Halo Edition Zepher with a Benq Drive and the difference in noise from the drive is minimal but it get much warmer than the Falcon.

3. I also purchased an Elite from Amazon it is also a Falcon manufactured on 10-27-2007. It passed the flashlight test. It has the Hitachi drive.

The Hitachi makes a little more noise but the Benq makes a grinding sound. (Drive noise is basically the same as it ever was.)[/quote]

I got an Elite, Lot 0743, 10/19/07 - Falcon.
I was suprised to see it has a Hitachi drive. It seemed like most of the recently reported units have the BenQ.
Your post tells me they are still using the Hitachi, even later than mine.
Your post also tells me that from your personal experience, it seems like a wash as to which is noisier, the Hitachi or the BenQ.
I was thinking about trying to find a BenQ but I may just keep what I have.

Anybody else have feedback on the Hitachi vs. BenQ drives?

I really wonder how long the "Is this a Falcon" question will last. Maybe Forever? No matter how much info is available, how many pictures are taken or tutorials written, the qustion will still haunt us all.....................:wall:

[quote name='gantt']Anybody else have feedback on the Hitachi vs. BenQ drives?[/quote]
I have 2 360's... one as the Hitachi, one is the BenQ (the newer of the 2, obviously) and I find the BenQ to be quieter. Now while it isn't a significant difference, I am able to tell that it's quieter.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']What's the date on it?

Mine's a 0742, I believe. Passed all Falcon tests. Late October build.[/quote]

Where am I supposed to find the date? On the receipt? Cause I looked on the box and can't seem to find it anywhere.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Back of the console.[/quote]

Yep, the mfg date is above the serial number. Sometimes you can see it through the flap in the box, if you shift the box and look through at an angle. But the date code should give you the ballpark mfg date.

At this point, however, if you're asking about the date because you want a Falcon, I'd pretty much ignore the date and just look for the 175W.

[quote name='V-G']I'd say →Lot 743. A lot of people have Falcons, but are doing the tests wrong.[/quote]

I figured that the wattage couldn't be terribly accurate so I opened mine anyway. I did the "test" four or five times. I'm 90% sure I see three distinctly separate copper coils laying on their side.

I really hope you're right though.

I can't find an Elite Falcon!!! I've been in 8 stores today and

A: Didn't Have It(TRU, RS, WM, KM)

B: Had Tons, But They Were Old.(BB, CC)

C: Had Some In The Back, but Wouldn't Let Me Look At Em.(GS)

And Circuit DAMN City Has An OLD 360 FROM 06' IN A BEAT-UP 2007 BOX AND IT'S ERKING MY DAMN NERVES! :)

[quote name='RatedRSuperstar']V-G, I'm pretty sure my 360 pro is not a falcon. I see three copper coils next to each other and my power brick reads 203w's.[/quote] That sucks... The reason I said that was my manufacture date is the exaxt same except I have Lot 743 and mine is a Falcon. it doesn't make any sense that Microsoft is still making Zephrys...

I'm glad I'm patient. I have Mass Effect, Assassins's Creed, Eternal Sonata and Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 and I haven't gotten to play with any of them! Goddamned 360 died just when I got them and it took 2 weeks to get my refund and my first buy was a Zypher.

I think I'm just going to wind up waiting until next year and see how that goes. Unfortunately, all I have is a CC gift card and CC keeps all their 360s in the back except for the dozen Halo editions noone wants.

[quote name='Kayden']I'm glad I'm patient. I have Mass Effect, Assassins's Creed, Eternal Sonata and Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 and I haven't gotten to play with any of them! Goddamned 360 died just when I got them and it took 2 weeks to get my refund and my first buy was a Zypher.

I think I'm just going to wind up waiting until next year and see how that goes. Unfortunately, all I have is a CC gift card and CC keeps all their 360s in the back except for the dozen Halo editions noone wants.[/QUOTE]
Wow, you really are patient...

Just went to purchase a Pro version when notified that locat CC had them in stock. I bought and went to pick up at store. When I got to the store, no XBox in stock. Tried to give me the halo version instead but then upgraded to elite for 45 more plus since it took longer than 24 min got the 24 dollar gift card. Not bad... Not sure if it is a falcon, build date was nov 2007

Ordered blind online from Sears last weekand hoped for the best; arrived 10mins ago via UPS:

Version: 360 Elite
Free Inside stickers for Alliance and Forza2 (on front and top), no Go Big/Go Pro/Go Cheap/ Go Whatever sticker.
Lost Planet, Assasin's Creed, Shrek the Third, Forza 2 advertised on back of box with Halo3 and GTA IV sharing a box with 'Comming Soon' as the caption.
Team: FDOU
MFG Date: 10-21-2007
Box and Brick Rating: 175W
Flashlight: Two rings laying down.

Hope this helps someone else with their search......

I got my ELITE from the AMEX Wishlist thing. It apperas to be a newer one....says 175W and the MFG Date was 10-22-07. I did not go into detail, as I haven't really paid attention what is what with these....

[quote name='munch']I ordered one from Amazon just now. I hope it's a newer one. People are having success with them, right?[/quote]
Yea, I got a falcon from the Amazon Decemer deals a few days ago. Pretty good deal... $255 for the arcade system w/ falcon and 2 free games.

[quote name='munch']I ordered one from Amazon just now. I hope it's a newer one. People are having success with them, right?[/QUOTE]

My friend and I didn't fare so well. Probably going to exchange them with Amazon later.

[quote name='munch']I ordered one from Amazon just now. I hope it's a newer one. People are having success with them, right?[/quote]

Only if it is one shipping from Amazon itself and not one of the 3rd party retailers doing business through Amazon. 3rd parties are usually getting rid of old stock blocking up their shelves.

Was just in my local BestBuy in N.Y.(Levittown) after work and they had about 25 XBox 360 Pro boxes out on the sales floor. I checked about 4 of them and they had Team FDOU and 175watt ratings on the side sticker. Sorry don't remember Lot # and was too tired to check manufacture date. No Elite versions in sight but boatload of Halo greens and Arcades. The PS3 pile dwarfed them all!! Soccer Moms were all asking for Wii's. Oh , I scored a Falcon from Amazon as well.

I couldn't find an Elite Falcon if my life depended on it... I don't want to order online......

i m receiving this for christmas, it says Lot#735,and hdmi out on the specs. if i trade the two games into blcokbuster along with the darkness that nets me, 32+32+15, 80 bucks,is this cash or store credit? i plan on buying assassins creed and bioshock at 50 and 45 respectively. anyone had luck trading the bundled games in anywhere??

I ordered a 360 Elite on Buy.com last Thursday, 12/13. Today it arrived by UPS. I peeked around and had trouble locating the build info sticker so easy to find on my 3 mo old Elite. I finally unpacked the power brick and found the magic number: 175W.

This confirms that Buy.com has started selling Falcon core Elites. That's no guarantee, of course, but at least it's possible. The box has the Go Big text on it, and the manufacture date is 10-19-2007. I'll post the detailed build info when I get home tonight.

My "old" Elite is going to my best friend at cost. Personally, I don't think it's worth obsessing over so much that you order another 360, just to get a Falcon core. My friend wanted an Elite, I ordered a second one, and he offered to let me keep whichever one I preferred. Not too shabby!

[quote name='LilPaintballer']i m receiving this for christmas, it says Lot#735,and hdmi out on the specs. if i trade the two games into blcokbuster along with the darkness that nets me, 32+32+15, 80 bucks,is this cash or store credit? i plan on buying assassins creed and bioshock at 50 and 45 respectively. anyone had luck trading the bundled games in anywhere??[/quote]

BB/GR only issues store credit for trade-ins.

I stopped by my local TRU to see what the wattage was on some new 360 Pros that were on the shelves - they were all 203w from lot 740. :/ That makes me a sad panda.

I FINALLY found an Elite Falcon at Gamestop! The bastard didn't want to bring out a "real" box so I could inspect it. They kept pointing at the fake box saying they're all the same, so I'm glad I'm persistent... They had several, too...

At one Gamestop I went to today, the lady said they'll be receiving Xbox 360s with "new chipsets" next week, so YMMV on that...

[quote name='V-G']I FINALLY found an Elite Falcon at Gamestop! The bastard didn't want to bring out a "real" box so I could inspect it. They kept pointing at the fake box saying they're all the same, so I'm glad I'm persistent... They had several, too...[/QUOTE]

Wow, they're paying attention ;)

I lucked out at mine and had a guy who was nice enough to take back the first one he brought out and get my another (three weeks newer, and it IS a Falcon). The manager of the store was like "where are you going with that" to the guy when he was taking the unit back to the back room-hopefully I didn't somehow get him in trouble. (I did really try to thank him!)

[quote name='WillSci']I ordered a 360 Elite on Buy.com last Thursday, 12/13. Today it arrived by UPS. I peeked around and had trouble locating the build info sticker so easy to find on my 3 mo old Elite. I finally unpacked the power brick and found the magic number: 175W.

This confirms that Buy.com has started selling Falcon core Elites. That's no guarantee, of course, but at least it's possible. The box has the Go Big text on it, and the manufacture date is 10-19-2007. I'll post the detailed build info when I get home tonight.

My "old" Elite is going to my best friend at cost. Personally, I don't think it's worth obsessing over so much that you order another 360, just to get a Falcon core. My friend wanted an Elite, I ordered a second one, and he offered to let me keep whichever one I preferred. Not too shabby![/quote]

Has anyone ordered a PRO model from BUY.com ?? Are they shipping Falcon's ??

I want to use the 5% off coupon but want to make sure its a Falcon :roll:

Thanks !

Xfactor4

What do you guys think?

Go Pro on Box
Team: CSON
Lot: 744
Date: 11/04/07
Box: 203W
Brick: 203W

I haven't had a chance to look inside for the coils. But I will say that the package was opened. Maybe to put the Forza 2/Marvel pack inside? The game case was sealed, but the case itself is cracked. Bought at Target in San Diego.

possible but if anything if it fails flashlight test at least with the broken case u have excuse to go get an exchange

[quote name='Xfactor4']Has anyone ordered a PRO model from BUY.com ?? Are they shipping Falcon's ??

I want to use the 5% off coupon but want to make sure its a Falcon :roll:

Thanks !

Xfactor4[/quote]

Or how about Amazon.com ? Are they shipping FALCON's yet in their PRO bundles ? I am in California and don't want to get an old Zephyr stock unit laying around in one of Amazon.com's distribution centers in Nevada ! LOL..

Xfactor4

[quote name='orimental']What do you guys think?

Go Pro on Box

I haven't had a chance to look inside for the coils. But I will say that the package was opened. Maybe to put the Forza 2/Marvel pack inside? The game case was sealed, but the case itself is cracked. Bought at Target in San Diego.[/quote]

http://www.360drives.com/list
Everyone here can use this site's list to see if their unopened box is a falcon.
the list is composed from actual people that bought the systems.
But it seems accurate enough ...

sorry orimental but theres nobody with your same man.dated console that posted there result yet ... but theres still hope for you, i have a 203w brick but mine is a falcon.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Or how about Amazon.com ? Are they shipping FALCON's yet in their PRO bundles ? I am in California and don't want to get an old Zephyr stock unit laying around in one of Amazon.com's distribution centers in Nevada ! LOL..

Xfactor4[/quote]

I ordered one from Amazon a couple weeks ago and received a Falcon. Mine was shipped out of Jacksonville.

[quote name='orimental']What do you guys think?

Go Pro on Box

I haven't had a chance to look inside for the coils. But I will say that the package was opened. Maybe to put the Forza 2/Marvel pack inside? The game case was sealed, but the case itself is cracked. Bought at Target in San Diego.[/QUOTE]

many falcons shipped with the 203w brick...opening the box is your best bet but i know that not an option

[quote name='kelpie182']many falcons shipped with the 203w brick...opening the box is your best bet but i know that not an option[/QUOTE]

Actually, I mentioned that the box was opened. The seal was cut on the package to presumably stuff the pack-in game in.

So anyway, I just did the flashlight test and I believe I have a Falcon. I found it easier to look through the bottom side grates instead of the very bottom. I was able to see two coils and an empty circle to the very right of them.

I'd say its more likely someone already bought it and found out it was a zypher. Why would they open the system to add games that came with it from the factory?

[quote name='Kayden']I'd say its more likely someone already bought it and found out it was a zypher. Why would they open the system to add games that came with it from the factory?[/quote]

It could be that the system was sitting around for a while, and then the 2 games promotion came around. In order to sell the older 360 with no games, they had to pack them in.

[quote name='Oxygen']It could be that the system was sitting around for a while, and then the 2 games promotion came around. In order to sell the older 360 with no games, they had to pack them in.[/quote]

"Go Pro", Lot 744 from 11/4. Systems as far back as 0736 were bundles. I don't think it was sitting around anywhere, I think it was made as a bundle. If the white label on the box says "bundle" in the system description, that's a pretty good indicator it came from the factory as a bundle.

Most likely, it's open because someone bought it and found out the game case was cracked. Or changed their mind.

I'm not sure we know for sure that ANYTHING actually comes from Microsoft as a bundle. The newer boxes may still be having the games added later.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'm not sure we know for sure that ANYTHING actually comes from Microsoft as a bundle. The newer boxes may still be having the games added later.[/quote]

True, but I question why my Best Buy would have been trying to sell a pile of 06 pre-bundle systems recently if they could have repacked them as bundles. Those pre-bundle systems don't look very attractive stacked side by side with (and priced the same as) the boxes that scream Two Free Games Included.

[quote name='gantt']True, but I question why my Best Buy would have been trying to sell a pile of 06 pre-bundle systems recently if they could have repacked them as bundles. Those pre-bundle systems don't look very attractive stacked side by side with (and priced the same as) the boxes that scream Two Free Games Included.[/QUOTE]

Because those 06 systems are probably ones without HDMI ports right? The "Go Pro" bundles specifically advertise the HDMI port as a feature, so they can't really stick the games inside them and make them part of the deal.

I actually saw a new Core 360 in a store last night, sitting right next to an Arcade model. Who would buy that now? :lol:

[quote name='orimental']Because those 06 systems are probably ones without HDMI ports right? The "Go Pro" bundles specifically advertise the HDMI port as a feature, so they can't really stick the games inside them and make them part of the deal.[/quote]

You're correct about 06 units lacking HDMI. But most of the bundle units I've seen (until recently) weren't Go Pro boxes. As I see it, at this point, all "Go Pro" boxes are bundles. But all bundles aren't "Go Pro"s. And if (when) the bundle ends, I suspect the "Go Pro" tag will continue.

Purchased Xbox 360 Elite from Circuit City today.

Team TMEM, no lot # or PSU info listed on label (which was relabeled/a sticker). Opened it up and looked at the PSU and said 175w. It turned out to be a Falcon with a (very quiet) BenQ drive as well. I'm pretty happy.

[quote name='gantt']True, but I question why my Best Buy would have been trying to sell a pile of 06 pre-bundle systems recently if they could have repacked them as bundles. Those pre-bundle systems don't look very attractive stacked side by side with (and priced the same as) the boxes that scream Two Free Games Included.[/QUOTE]

Probably Best Buy being stupid. They're sent conversion kits by Microsoft-possibly ALL bundles are conversion kits. And I read somewhere that they have a first in first out inventory system, which is stupid, and explains why they keep having '06 models places, though they still should get conversion kits for them.

I recently bought an xbox 360 Pro bundle, the clerk brought one from the "back" and tried to sell me the non-bundled version. No games just the console and controller with the 20gb HDD. I asked him if they had the bundled version and he said they had none.

I went home and bought it online with free shipping... I guess some retailers are stuck with the old models and are trying to get rid of them. Why not offer tham at a reduced prcie, I'm sure someone is willing to pick up one of the old models...

Update: So I went back to Target and exchanged the Go Pro I bought for a new one. Told them that when I got home to wrap it, I found it already opened and that when checking if everything was there, I saw the game case cracked and broken (true story). Luckily they had one left and it was another Go Pro bundle. The seal was cut again, but had another seal on top of it. The info sticker on the outside was a new one that covered the old one, so no go there. The unit was made on 11/12. Went home and checked out everything inside. Found the PSU and it said 175W on it. :D

Go Pro
Team TMEM
Date: 11/12
PSU: 175W

bread's done
Back