Xbox 360 Premium & Elite w/Forza 2 & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Supplies Running Out

PyroGamer

Banned
Microsoft this morning confirmed part of the bundle rumor that's been ravaging the Internet for weeks: All Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Elites will now come with free copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a $90 value.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/microsoft-gives-away-two-games-with-360s-308136.php

Nice to hear the double-game bundles are finally back. Hopefully they keep bundling such great games, too (as opposed to the Tetris Worlds crap they started resorting to on the OG Xbox)

Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed "Forza Motorsport 2" (Microsoft Game Studios) and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

[quote name='orimental']Update: So I went back to Target and exchanged the Go Pro I bought for a new one. Told them that when I got home to wrap it, I found it already opened and that when checking if everything was there, I saw the game case cracked and broken (true story). Luckily they had one left and it was another Go Pro bundle. The seal was cut again, but had another seal on top of it. The info sticker on the outside was a new one that covered the old one, so no go there. The unit was made on 11/12. Went home and checked out everything inside. Found the PSU and it said 175W on it. :D

Go Pro
Team TMEM
Date: 11/12
PSU: 175W[/QUOTE]

Did you check it to make sure it's a Falcon? With all that repackaging and relabeling it'd be leary without actually checking.

Got a 360 finally! Though it was a falcon at first since it was TEAM : FDOU, but I was wrong. Just for the info.

TEAM: FDOU
LOT #: 741
203 hz

Oh well, looks like they just slapped the two free games sticker on there anyway...I got the extra two year warranty from Kmart just in case. Can't wait to crack in this baby.

I think you're ok. Mine had the 203 Watt sticker on the outside box, yet once I opened the box, the power supply was the 175 watt supply... Only the newer Falcon models use the 175 watt power supply. You must be ok...

I got a 360 Pro from my wife for Christmas. The console box itself does state that it's lot 740 with 203w of power - FDOU manufactured it. On the serial number section, the manufactured date is covered up and not visible from the box's packaging. For caution's sake, I'm going to see if my local TRU has anymore of the 175w systems I saw earlier last week or so. I'll just swap it out before I crack open the system. I'm watching my two-year old this morning since daycare is closed for the holiday and I'm not going to be getting much game time in today anyway.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Got a 360 finally! Though it was a falcon at first since it was TEAM : FDOU, but I was wrong. Just for the info.

203 hz

Oh well, looks like they just slapped the two free games sticker on there anyway...I got the extra two year warranty from Kmart just in case. Can't wait to crack in this baby.[/QUOTE]

Did you check it? A 741 has an excellent chance of being a Falcon.

Okay, this has to stop at some point... i only post this, b/c i want to share my REAL experience.

1. Team this and that, lot # blah blah, don't mean shit, check the Watt spec on the box probably gives you more accurate info.

2. Even if you have a Falcon, it also doesn't mean shit, you can still get the RRoD.

3. Extended warranty doesn't mean shit, cause the warranty doesn't kick in untill the MS warranty expires (most places offer shitty warranties like this). Only if you can exchange the "damaged" X360 from the store (like the Costco posts i read), other than that extended warranty means shit. Still thinking extended warranty offers you a peace of mind? Well, suppose you got an extended warranty and your X360 died within six months. After you send the X360 for repairs, if you get a replacement back, your original Serial# will be voided, i.e. replaced with the S# from the replacement. What this mean? You gotta figure out a way to "attach" your extended warranty to the replacement... tough shit.

I just got my X360 replacement back right before Christmas, it was sweet and all, but it's a Zephyr. So it went from a Falcon (made in September) to Zephyr (made in July) in my case.

What i'm saying is, it doesn't matter! I was so "happy" when i got the Fry's X360 bundle and it's a Falcon and all, but so what? It still RRoD'd after couple of weeks of play...

Good reminder Serpentor. I hope my Falcon does better than that, but clearly it's still not a complete solution.

Also problematic with these warranties is the second two years on the 360's warranty only covers one specific problem (but might still void a store warranty)? The warranty I bought on 360 #3 may have actually been voided by Microsoft extending theirs to a year a few months later...I had never thought of that.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Did you check it? A 741 has an excellent chance of being a Falcon.[/quote]
:roll:No offense but your like the Falcon Nazi bro. Smoke one and relax or something...... I'm not insulting you, don't take it the wrong way.

Furthermore, yes, 175w and you have a Falcon. Plain and simple............. I'm not sure why everyone makes this such an issue. It is now clear cut. Get over it. But if you have to ask all the monotonous questions about it because you feel better about yourself than go for it. Love goes to all the misguided.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Good reminder Serpentor. I hope my Falcon does better than that, but clearly it's still not a complete solution.

Also problematic with these warranties is the second two years on the 360's warranty only covers one specific problem (but might still void a store warranty)? The warranty I bought on 360 #3 may have actually been voided by Microsoft extending theirs to a year a few months later...I had never thought of that.[/quote]
I could have looked this up myself but thought I would ask Wolfpup since I believe him to have a fair bit of knowledge on the 360 system. Is it true after you send your 360 in for repairs once the warranty then is only a year from that time?

i have no doubt that Wolfpup is very X360 knowledegable... as a matter of fact i read some of his posts before i jumped on the X360 wagon. Overall, it's a great system with the unpleasant RRoD problem (sigh, if the X360 is sound like the Wii or PS3, i'm a happy camper). Anyhow, this thread is not even about X360 bundle bargain/deal anymore...

i love to share my portion of tale as well as stuffs learned along the RRoD "quest," but i don't want to make this thread OT as it is.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Got a 360 finally! Though it was a falcon at first since it was TEAM : FDOU, but I was wrong. Just for the info.

203 hz

Oh well, looks like they just slapped the two free games sticker on there anyway...I got the extra two year warranty from Kmart just in case. Can't wait to crack in this baby.[/quote]

Did you look on the psu itself? Because I've heard that the sticker on the box is sometimes wrong (says 203w when really 175w).

The reason I'm asking because I have a falcon elite from lot 741 by team FDOU, so I figured that all lot 741 should be falcons.

Yep, even did the flashlight check..but no big deal. Its my first 360 and Ima play it till the rings fall off.

I agree this is gettin played out, but I thought I'd just post it for everyone keepin track of the lot #'s. I thought 741's were Falcs too, but the evidence doesn't say so. But, until we know the Falcons are answer to all problems, I'm not gettin worked up about it.

Okay, I really hope that all of this talk of how important it is to own 175w system is really legit. My wife got me a 360 Pro bundle for Christmas - but it's a 203w system from FDOU, Lot 740 - so it's most likely a Zephyr. I never opened it since I'm so fuck anal retentive that I have to have a 175w system because according to everyone here it'll supposedly will run better, have a lesser chance of the RRoD, do my taxes, and be better than the second coming of Christ. In the meantime I have my wife who's probably slightly annoyed with me that she did this wonderful thing for me for Christmas, got me a fuck 360, and I don't want to play it.

All my local TRU stores (where she got the system) are out of stock right now after Christmas and the one store who got a shipment of them last night (after I just returned the console my wife bought me) well it turns out they got a whole fuck shipment of the same fuck lot of the console my wife got me - FDOU Lot 740, 203w. fuck!!!! What the hell is up with the older models being shipped right after I saw some 175w systems at TRU weeks ago???

I'm half-tempted to go back and buy the fuck thing just to make my wife happy, but in the end I'll wish I got a 175w console. :bomb:

[quote name='snakeeyez101']Yea, falcon chips.....

Anyone aware of any markdowns, or such that could lower the price of a 360 premium a bit?[/quote]

I just ordered my Xbox Premium from Buy.com. They have a coupon that is like 5% off of total purchase up to $15. So, I got my Xbox for $334.99 after that coupon.

Better than nothing and they don't charge tax and you can get free shipping if you can wait. I'm a cheapskate, so I can wait.

[quote name='spideymike']Okay, I really hope that all of this talk of how important it is to own 175w system is really legit. My wife got me a 360 Pro bundle for Christmas - but it's a 203w system from FDOU, Lot 740 - so it's most likely a Zephyr.[/quote]

It's most likely a Falcon, as most 739s from FDOU are Falcons (all maybe).

Also having a Falcon doesn't guarantee it won't die, as there are already reports of them going too, but it is probably safer. One person on here even had their Falcon replaced with a Zepher after it died :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's most likely a Falcon, as most 739s from FDOU are Falcons (all maybe).

Also having a Falcon doesn't guarantee it won't die, as there are already reports of them going too, but it is probably safer. One person on here even had their Falcon replaced with a Zepher after it died :lol:[/quote]

Well, that's the thing - there's no guarantee it's a Falcon. Well, I checked here and the only systems that matched my system's stats were Zephers from FDOU. Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a Red-Ringed Molehill of Death, but I'm going to try and be patient - though it really would be great to actually play a 360 instead of just remembering the one I got for Christmas and returned to the store.

And, btw, no other TRU in the immediate area (I called 6 of them) has any Pro or Elites in stock - only the Arcades. Bleah.

I swear to God I better see a Pro 175w system in NE Ohio soon at a TRU or I'm going to be really POd.

[quote name='spideymike']Well, that's the thing - there's no guarantee it's a Falcon. Well, I checked here and the only systems that matched my system's stats were Zephers from FDOU. Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a Red-Ringed Molehill of Death, but I'm going to try and be patient - though it really would be great to actually play a 360 instead of just remembering the one I got for Christmas and returned to the store.

And, btw, no other TRU in the immediate area (I called 6 of them) has any Pro or Elites in stock - only the Arcades. Bleah.

I swear to God I better see a Pro 175w system in NE Ohio soon at a TRU or I'm going to be really POd.[/QUOTE]

I think you're thinking too much.

[quote name='Demontooth']I think you're thinking too much.[/quote]

I think so, too. Still, I personally think it'd give me better piece of mind getting a Pro that said 175w on the box itself instead of playing the mystery game.

[quote name='zerowing']How long until they stop manufacturing these bundles?[/quote]

I'm not sure that these are limited issues, they might come stocked like this for the rest of the systems life, especially given that the values of Forza 2 and Marvel will drop to like 5 dollars in a year or so time.

They might switch up the games some, but I know a lot of people that were going for PS3 switched to 360 primarily because of the two game bundle inclusion, so this is clearly a winning prospect for Microsoft to keep in their systems.

[quote name='zerowing']How long until they stop manufacturing these bundles?[/quote]

Reports are already coming in that new consoles shipped to stores now DO NOT HAVE THE 2-GAME BUNDLE. If you want the two free games, you better buy now.

[quote name='dg7md']I'm not sure that these are limited issues, they might come stocked like this for the rest of the systems life, especially given that the values of Forza 2 and Marvel will drop to like 5 dollars in a year or so time.

They might switch up the games some, but I know a lot of people that were going for PS3 switched to 360 primarily because of the two game bundle inclusion, so this is clearly a winning prospect for Microsoft to keep in their systems.[/quote]

I think the bundles are already dead. The day after Christmas, Best Buy had new 360s from lot 747, team TMEM or FDOU and had no games included. Seems like it was just a holiday promotion.

[quote name='chipotleattack']I think the bundles are already dead. The day after Christmas, Best Buy had new 360s from lot 747, team TMEM or FDOU and had no games included. Seems like it was just a holiday promotion.[/quote]

You serious? I see nothing but the bundles, arcade and Halo 3 editions around. Well, it might be something they do yearly, I'm not sure.

I picked up a 360 Pro yesterday at Gamestop and they gave me the MUA/Forza2 2-in-1 (it wasn't boxed in either, it was separate). Then again EB/GS is more YMMV than just about anyplace and will probably be handing them out while supplies last.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Reports are already coming in that new consoles shipped to stores now DO NOT HAVE THE 2-GAME BUNDLE. If you want the two free games, you better buy now.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='chipotleattack']I think the bundles are already dead. The day after Christmas, Best Buy had new 360s from lot 747, team TMEM or FDOU and had no games included. Seems like it was just a holiday promotion.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='fairtrade']I picked up a 360 Pro yesterday at Gamestop and they gave me the MUA/Forza2 2-in-1 (it wasn't boxed in either, it was separate). Then again EB/GS is more YMMV than just about anyplace and will probably be handing them out while supplies last.[/QUOTE]
This is not good news for me. I've been trying to find an Elite bundle w/ no luck. I didn't want to order one from amazon because I wanted to check the lot number to make sure it was a Falcon. I made a thread asking about the old one to try to gauge a trend. I guess it's different now.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165138

fairtrade, was the one that didn't include the games in the box that you bought a falcon? & did they just give you 2 retail copies of the games? Or was it a single box w/ both games in it?

Thanks.

[quote name='suko_32']I have a falcon. Outside box says 203w, but the brick says 175w or something. 360 Arcade, Team: CSON, Lot: 741[/QUOTE]
What's the Team? What does that represent, the company MS hires to manufacture the 360? How to you find out which one relates to the console you bought?

Thanks.

Later lots now don't have MuA and Forza 2 at all??? Dang. So either I get an older manufactured console with some games I want to play or I get a 360 Pro that has a lesser chance of the RROD (in theory). Ugh. Tough choice.

Not surprising, it was probably just a ploy to lure people into buying all the old merch. Those games are both fairly lame anyways.
[quote name='MSUHitman']Reports are already coming in that new consoles shipped to stores now DO NOT HAVE THE 2-GAME BUNDLE. If you want the two free games, you better buy now.[/quote]

My xbox 360 elite gave me the 3 red lines the other day and I was pissed about. I bought a replacement plan from Gamestop (before Microsoft gave out the 3 year warranties), and there was only place out of 9 in my area that had an elite to replace it with it.

The positive thing about it was that I got the guy to let me keep my harddrive even though he was fighting me over it, and I got those two new games out of it because they came bundled with the new one. It was pretty sweet, the only complaint about the switch is that the ethernet cables that come with the new elites are much shorter and look cheaper.

I'm trying to get a 360 so I can play Halo and Blue Dragon. I don't care too much about the bundled in games. I just want a 360 that can last reliably at a reduced risk of RRoD. Their is a refurb Premium at GC for 309. I don't know which I should get.

Any help is appreciated. I wouldn't mind an Elite bundle either, as their is one available locally. What SKU is it that gives the notion of it being a Falcon chip?

[quote name='TURBO']fairtrade, was the one that didn't include the games in the box that you bought a falcon? & did they just give you 2 retail copies of the games? Or was it a single box w/ both games in it?[/quote]
I'm assuming it is a Falcon as it has HDMI and was marked 175w. Manufactured 11/07. Unfortunately it was the single box w/ both games.

EDIT: It also had the "Go Pro" sticker.

I called my local TRU and they got in a few Pro bundles, lot 741 with 175w. They're going to hold one for me. I'm happy, but stuck here at work for 5 more hours.

[quote name='TURBO']This is not good news for me. I've been trying to find an Elite bundle w/ no luck. I didn't want to order one from amazon because I wanted to check the lot number to make sure it was a Falcon. I made a thread asking about the old one to try to gauge a trend. I guess it's different now.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165138

fairtrade, was the one that didn't include the games in the box that you bought a falcon? & did they just give you 2 retail copies of the games? Or was it a single box w/ both games in it?

Thanks.[/quote]
I got a Falcon from Amazon the other day. You might not get the games but you have a good chance of getting a Falcon.

You can probably find one lying around in a B&M store...maybe someone returned a bundle or they didn't sell out of their holiday stock but you'll have to look around.

In regards to your other question, the box label tells you which team manufactured the system.

[quote name='TURBO']What's the Team? What does that represent, the company MS hires to manufacture the 360? How to you find out which one relates to the console you bought?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm assuming it's which company makes it. FDOU seemed to switch to Falcons first, but I think any of them are pretty likely to be a Falcon now.

739's from FDOU are possibly all Falcons.

I got this for Christmas. I didn't pop in Marvel Alliance yet, and I'm too lazy, and Forza Motosport 2 looks very good, but it's hard to turn. I'm too sucked in with Mass Effect, Front Office Football 2007 on my PC, and I just rented NBA 2k8 a while ago.

Well I finally hooked up my 360Pro (175watts power supply) Christmas present once I recieved my Monoprice HDMI cables and turned her on. It didn't seem too loud to me. The fans sounded just like my ABS PC that I have in my spare room. I signed up to XBox Live and was pretty happy. Then I inserted a game and someone freakin turned on an industrial strength vacuum cleaner! Holy Hannah I had heard the drive was loud but this is unbelievable! It kind of sucks because it's in our bedroom and don't think I'll be able to game while my wife is asleep. My new 37" LCD is in the bedroom too......... oh well, it does look awesome in high def. Maybe I'll get my wife and sons some earmuffs.

[quote name='Matsumoto11756']Well I finally hooked up my 360Pro (175watts power supply) Christmas present once I recieved my Monoprice HDMI cables and turned her on. It didn't seem too loud to me. The fans sounded just like my ABS PC that I have in my spare room. I signed up to XBox Live and was pretty happy. Then I inserted a game and someone freakin turned on an industrial strength vacuum cleaner! Holy Hannah I had heard the drive was loud but this is unbelievable! It kind of sucks because it's in our bedroom and don't think I'll be able to game while my wife is asleep. My new 37" LCD is in the bedroom too......... oh well, it does look awesome in high def. Maybe I'll get my wife and sons some earmuffs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's always been the drive that's crazy. The fans are louder than any other system, but I don't think they're outrageous, and there are lots of PCs that are similar (although many quieter too)...but that optical drive is a joke.
My heart sank when I first popped Perfect Dark Zero in the drive back in '05, and heard that thing.

For me personally it's why I plan on switching to a Playstation 3 as my main system. It really takes me out of the game-I was never able to get absorbed completely in Blue Dragon and that's happening again with Bioshock-I can't tune out that roar (and my new one is considerably quieter than my older ones!)
Someone needed to put the thing back on the drawing board when they first heard that. Weirdly, the gray developer units that existed before the hardware was shipping are apparently quiet. I had a friend who had no idea there was a problem because he had only used one of those.

If nothing else, I wish they'd let us cache a whole game to the drive. DRM it up, force a disc check before it starts, that's fine, but at least let us do that.

[quote name='Matsumoto11756']Then I inserted a game and someone freakin turned on an industrial strength vacuum cleaner! Holy Hannah I had heard the drive was loud but this is unbelievable![/quote]

FYI, I have units with both the BenQ drive and the Hitachi drive, and having meaured the sound from both with a meter, they are the same loudness (within the tolerance of the meter). The Hitachi makes those typical CD sounds (sort of clicking, but not really) during access, while the BenQ does not. So I don't think there's a solution to the noise problem by looking for a unit with a different drive.

On the other hand, I've played games and watched movies with the BenQ unit, and in both cases I didn't notice the drive noise. I'm sure that's an individual thing, but at least for me, I guess my brain tunes it out.

I bought one in november and got the 2 free games, I popped in marvel ultimate alliance... Never again. Lamest game ever, but I guess kids would like it, Forza is pretty cool, decent graphics lots of cars to choose from, really realistic though which makes things harder

[quote name='hec204']I bought one in november and got the 2 free games, I popped in marvel ultimate alliance... Never again. Lamest game ever, but I guess kids would like it, Forza is pretty cool, decent graphics lots of cars to choose from, really realistic though which makes things harder[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think I'll be playing too much of either of these. The car game is hard to steer and the Marvel game seems like my 8 year old son will like but didn't catch my interest. Well they were free so I can't complain. So at least I have: Bioshock, COD 4, Saints Row, Viva Pinata and Mass Effect (from various people and myself for Christmas) to get me started. So far I've only played some Saints Row and thank God my sons weren't in the room when the cursing started. Seems like GTA clone. I already picked up some Ho's for a friendly pimp. Ah family gaming at it's best!
On another note, I didn't see anything in the packaging about the warranty being 3 years for RROD issues. All I saw was 1 year and an insert for buying an extended cover to cover warranty from MS. I forgot the pricing but seemed reasonable. Do I have to register the Xbox or anything or does joining Xbox Live take care of that?

I did pick up a 175w system - Lot 741, FDOU, today from TRU. My local WM did also have some Pros in stock, but I noticed they didn't come with MUA and Forza 2.

I'll probably crack open the 360 tomorrow evening after my 2-year-old son is asleep and I get home from work.

[quote name='rcaido']Do anybody know if Costco carries these "falcon chips" w/ Forza2/MUA[/quote]

I think with Costco it might be hit or miss like most places. Generally, I thought most of the ones found there were older systems.

According to here of those listed, nothing with a Falcon so far, but this database isn't exactly perfect. You may still luck out.

[quote name='hec204']I bought one in november and got the 2 free games, I popped in marvel ultimate alliance... Never again. Lamest game ever, but I guess kids would like it, Forza is pretty cool, decent graphics lots of cars to choose from, really realistic though which makes things harder[/QUOTE]

I hated both. I can't stand the Marvel games, which is weird because I love Marvel, and love Raven-even their older licensed stuff! I vastly, vastly prefer Justice League Heroes.

I hate all "realistic" driving games, so of course hated Forza as well. The good thing is I got trade in credit for the games :D

Well picked up my 360 today, seems to be a Falcon (without opening it) so I am happy I guess. Time to play all the games I missed.

bread's done
Back