Xbox 360 Premium & Elite w/Forza 2 & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Supplies Running Out

PyroGamer

Banned
Microsoft this morning confirmed part of the bundle rumor that's been ravaging the Internet for weeks: All Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Elites will now come with free copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a $90 value.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/microsoft-gives-away-two-games-with-360s-308136.php

Nice to hear the double-game bundles are finally back. Hopefully they keep bundling such great games, too (as opposed to the Tetris Worlds crap they started resorting to on the OG Xbox)

Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed "Forza Motorsport 2" (Microsoft Game Studios) and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

That's good to hear, but I hope you don't get to wait another month. Whenever you get it, you should have them adjust your warranty so you get credited back the months you've lost with no console.

[quote name='Synergy']I am thinking about snagging one off of craigslist. Someone is selling a mint holiday elite bundle for $400 with Halo 3 and the Ultimate Spiderman/Forza 2 game. I could probably flip the 2 games and end up spending about $360 or so.[/quote]

But I thought "no one can find ELITE models anywhere and they are bringing $50-$100 over MSRP on EBAY" (per Xfactor4)?

Well just to update, my tracking number from buy is working - but it's being sent USPS (gag), so you know how helpful that's gonna be...

Also, if anyone is waiting on Amazon, just FYI, my cousin emailed them about it, and they replied saying that right now the Elite is unavilable from the manufacturer, they can't order any, and they don't know when they'll be able to order any more.

[quote name='PleasantOne']Also, if anyone is waiting on Amazon, just FYI, my cousin emailed them about it, and they replied saying that right now the Elite is unavilable from the manufacturer, they can't order any, and they don't know when they'll be able to order any more.[/quote]

I guess that's why they call 'em Elites. Can't make 'em available to just any commoner, you know... jk. But hey, this shortage strategy works for Wii, Microsoft is just taking it to the extreme.

[quote name='gantt']But I thought "no one can find ELITE models anywhere and they are bringing $50-$100 over MSRP on EBAY" (per Xfactor4)?[/quote]

Hey gantt,

They are bringing that on Ebay and even more on average, especially when marketed under the FIXED PRICE or BUY IT NOW AUCTION FORMAT !

Here's one sold for $599.00 + $35 shipping on Feb 12th 6:00pm using BUY IT NOW
http://cgi.ebay.com/FACTORY-SEALED-...ryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's one sold for $499.00 + $25 shipping on Feb 12th 9:55pm using BUY IT NOW
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Micro...ryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's another one sold for $599.00 + $35 shipping on Feb 11th 6:04pm using BUY IT NOW
http://cgi.ebay.com/FACTORY-SEALED-...ryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's one sold for $699.99 + $24.95 shipping on Feb 10th 6:46pm using BUY IT NOW
(NOTE: THIS ONE WAS MARKED A FALCON MOTHERBOARD)
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MICROSOFT-X...ryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's one sold for $550.00 + $39.15 shipping on Feb 10th 1:00 pm bidding war
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-BLACK...ryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's THREE sold for $629 + $49.00 shipping on Feb 9th 3:30pm, Feb 10th 08:13am, and also Feb 10th 11:42am ALL USING BUY IT NOW !!
(NOTE: THESE ONES WERE MARKED A 175 WATT (FALCON) MOTHERBOARDS)
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-XBOX-360-El...ryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's one last example sold for $599.00 + $35 shipping on Feb 9th 3:40 pm using BUY IT NOW

Ahhheemmm....

NOW THEN, ANY MORE SMART@SS COMMENTS FROM THE PEANUT GALLERY?:booty:

Xfactor4

P.S. Craigslist and Ebay are two DIFFERENT creatures. Also, used Xbox 360's do not bring nearly as much as NEW !!;)

[quote name='Xfactor4']
NOW THEN, ANY MORE SMART@SS COMMENTS FROM THE PEANUT GALLERY?:booty:
[/quote]

My, we're sensitive (and have a lot of time on our hands... but I know whom to contact now if I need some eBay listing research done).

My comment was actually serious. I gave a passing thought to selling my 360 if there was that great a demand from people who feel they must have one now. Perhaps others were thinking the same. I've reviewed the local listings over the last few days, however, and can't find one asking for a premium over list, even for a brand new system.

Peace.

I just got notified the buy.com order I placed on Sunday is backordered. Weird considering PleasantOne ordered after the poster who claimed to have ordered last week, and his is shipping. I cancelled my order, I'll just pick up from craigslist. Buy.com really needs to move to a better in stock/out of stock system.

Good luck, PleasantOne. Let us know when you get it.

[quote name='Zhanmadao']and they dont even make a statement as to why the fuck all of a sudden they are not supplying retailers now[/quote]

Prepping for a new model? Slackening demand for the Elite? Shifting them to another region? do tey have to tell us their inner marketing plans? Go email Bill and ask him.

If this keeps up my money will go to Sony... but I feel I should wait and see if either side comes up with a new version of their systems in the near future...

[quote name='gantt']My, we're sensitive (and have a lot of time on our hands... but I know whom to contact now if I need some eBay listing research done).

My comment was actually serious. I gave a passing thought to selling my 360 if there was that great a demand from people who feel they must have one now. Perhaps others were thinking the same. I've reviewed the local listings over the last few days, however, and can't find one asking for a premium over list, even for a brand new system.

Peace.[/quote]

LOL.. Sorry about that ! I thought you were heckling or being Facetious ! My bad !;)

Anyways, it is the ELITE'S that are so HARD TO FIND and SELLING for the BIG markups NEW. The Pro or Premium models are not bringing that attention or mark up over retail I am afraid. They are still much more readily available even though still a bit hard to find.

Peace.

Xfactor4

Hey Xfactor- Don't make me feel bad about my new 360 dude! ;) I know it's an older unit, and I checked all of the units they had- mine was the one with the most recent manufacture date. From what I have experienced, there does not seem to be ANY Elite's around these days (even the lower models seem scarce), and no guarantee that there will be a 65nm chip in it even if you find one. Also, no one seems to know if the 65nm chip will solve the problem, and I don't have the time or patience to search around for a 65nm console. Most store clerks roll their eyes and get annoyed when you ask to look at all of their consoles to cherry pick the right one. It's a really annoying process and a big time and gas waster to hunt down the "perfect" 360. Online purchases don't guarantee you anything as well. Microsoft is to blame for all of this.

I am happy with my purchase. I realize it might be a little riskier, but not by much. If it red rings, I'll just send it back like everyone else. So far so good, though.

Like I said in my first post- people should check their local Hollywood Videos that sell consoles. They probably have some new "old stock" Elite models from Xmas '07 laying around. They sell them for the the regular retail price- $449.99.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Bummer ! You got a nice ZEPHYR chipset and motherboard there :roll:

Oh well, at least you got one I guess !

Xfactor

P.S. If I were you, I would go back and see if they have any NEWER LOT #'s or NEWER manufacturing dates that have the new cooler running 65 nanometer CPU and 80 nanometer GPU inside AKA Falcon Motherboard and chipset! That is some STALE ARSE inventory sitting on the shelf ! Built 7 months ago !! What the :censored:?!? lol.. I would be taking that thing back and trying to get a Falcon ![/quote]

[quote name='Synergy']I'm going to sell the Halo 3 as well, since I already have a copy. I figure I'll get somewhere around $40-50 for both games (I consider MUA/Forza 2 one game, don't expect much for it, either). He hasn't responded to my email about the serial and power supply yet, but I have a good feeling about it. He said it's only about two months old. We'll see, I guess. My fingers are crossed.[/quote]

Isn't the halo 3 free offer over?

Well, I just picked up my Elite from someone on craigslist. I got really lucky, it's a Falcon! It came with the box and everything included. The unit still had plastic on the disc drive and sensor, and the controller did too. It's totally mint. It's one of the bundle packs, so I got MUA/Forza 2 as well.

[quote name='stack9902']Isn't the halo 3 free offer over?[/quote]

I just meant the guy was throwing in his copy of Halo 3.

I'm extremely pleased to finally have an Elite. :applause: I felt like it was the holy grail when I was unwrapping it.

Anyone who's looking for one, you might want to try craigslist. Most people are scalping a**holes, but you might run across one selling under retail. Good luck.

Well just to update, my tracking number from buy is working - but it's being sent USPS (gag), so you know how helpful that's gonna be...

Thanks, PleasantOne ... I do wish you good luck ... Just wanted to check that you did order from Buy.Com directly and not from one of the vendors on the site because at one point last week, there were several vendor sites that opened linked from Buy.com, and it looked like you were ordering from Buy.com, but it was a sponsored site (like marketplace vendors on Amazon) ... And, you did get the Elite version, not the Holiday or Arcade, etc. .... All being said, I congratulate you, because Buy.Com just confirmed that my order is still in backorder status and that I can cancel it, which I'm considering because the hold is on my credit card for that amount all this time. So, yes, please confirm that you receive it.

Also, if anyone is waiting on Amazon, just FYI, my cousin emailed them about it, and they replied saying that right now the Elite is unavilable from the manufacturer, they can't order any, and they don't know when they'll be able to order any more.
And, on that note, they are going in and out of stock (about twice a day) on Amazon. I ordered one this morning and they are shipping on Feb. 24. $449 with free shipping (Amazon Prime) ... Good news is that Amazon often ships items earlier than later.

Good luck, everyone

For those of you who are looking for Elites... what's your main motivation to pay the extra hundred over a pro? At this point, the only difference is the bigger hard drive and that it comes with the HDMI cables, right? Am I missing something?

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']For those of you who are looking for Elites... what's your main motivation to pay the extra hundred over a pro? At this point, the only difference is the bigger hard drive and that it comes with the HDMI cables, right? Am I missing something?[/quote]

There is also the fact that the HDMI Pro models don't allow for HDMI for video output and Optical Audio output at the same time, due to the size of the official component output dongle**

The Elite Models come with this cable/adapter in the box.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802758

This retails for $50.

**But that is an easy fix. http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50 shows a cheap, easy DIY method to acheive HDMI & Optical Audio output

the DIY fix is what im going to do when i get my x360 lol

[quote name='manthing']There is also the fact that the HDMI Pro models don't allow for HDMI for video output and Optical Audio output at the same time, due to the size of the official component output dongle**

The Elite Models come with this cable/adapter in the box.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802758

This retails for $50.

**But that is an easy fix. http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50 shows a cheap, easy DIY method to acheive HDMI & Optical Audio output[/quote]

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']For those of you who are looking for Elites... what's your main motivation to pay the extra hundred over a pro? At this point, the only difference is the bigger hard drive and that it comes with the HDMI cables, right? Am I missing something?[/quote]

Biggest advantage is the hmdi cable included with optical audio cable as well, and that it also comes with a 120 gig hard drive. The hard drive is proprietary and sells for $179.99+tax !

So $100 more for the SIX times bigger hard drive AND the HDMI and optical out cable is well worth it to me.

I have a launch Xbox 360 as well and TRUST ME, the 20 gig HDD is NOT ENOUGH space and I find myself CONSTANTLY needing to DELETE old games videos or GAME DEMOS to make space for NEW GAME DEMOS !! It is really ANNOYING !:bomb:

Now if you NEVER connect to Xbox Live and do not download game trailers, game demos, or live tv shows or movies(which mine FILLED up quickly WITHOUT any tv shows or movies !) then you will probably be just fine with the 20 gig hard drive.

Xfactor4

[quote name='Xfactor4']Biggest advantage is the hmdi cable included with optical audio cable as well...[/quote]

Just to be clear, you still have to supply your own optical audio cable (a cable with Toslink connectors at either end). They're cheap, though.

Yeah, I sort of wish I had gotten an Elite, but since I had $160 in TRU Geoffrey Dollars to burn, getting my Pro at TRU by me locally was my only option. I'll most likely have to get another hard drive down the road - hopefully for cheap.

The Elite model is back in stock at BUY.com :Dalthough it is now the NON HOLIDAY BUNDLE version which means you don't get the Forza 2/MUA ! But most people have those games anyways and current re-sell on EBAY is like $17-$20 !

Just FYI...

Xfactor4

[quote name='supaet']so the 360 got outsold by ps3 in jan 08 because of shortages?[/quote]

Probably ! Stupid Microsoft. They should NOT have let that happen and should have anticipated the demand ! Many people could HARDLY find any PRO or ELITE models right before Christmas and ALMOST NONE after Christmas during January !

I mean if I was looking to upgrade to NEXT GEN and I couldn't find a flipping Xbox 360 on the shelf ANYWHERE, yet I kept on bumping into PS3'S at every turn, I would just settle and get the darn PS3 and it has Blu-Ray to boot ! Next Gen 3rd party titles look pretty much identical so I would buy the darn console I could actually get my hands on instead of just waiting and hunting endlessly in frustration !

I remember when it used to be EVERY BestBuy and Target had LOTS of Xbox 360's all over the place. BestBuy has been OUT of 360 stock for nearly ALL OF JANUARY and I have seen TONS of PEOPLE with their warranty griping about it !? So if a MAJOR ELECTRONICS RETAILER like Best Buy doesn't have any, there is OBVIOUSLY a problem and it gave Sony a HAND UP in the next gen race.

Again I say STUPID MOVE MICROSOFT !

Such a shame and another misstep ! :roll:

Oh well... I enjoy them both ! (My 360 ELITE and my 60 gig Launch PS3 with PS2 chips inside ;))

Xfactor4

P.S. Just googled the sales Numbers for January and found this below from Gamasutra.com
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=17412

January Hardware

Hardware numbers were down 25 percent to $377.8 million, with, for the first time, the PlayStation 3 outselling all other consoles and handhelds apart from the Wii, which carried a thin lead to the top slot. The PlayStation Portable and the Xbox 360 tied for the bottom slots on the charts, with Microsoft having said before results hit that it is experiencing hardware shortages following its holiday period.

The full charts are as follows:

Wii - 274K (from 1.35 million)
PlayStation 3 - 269K (from 798K)
Nintendo DS - 251K (from 2.47 million)
PSP - 230K (from 1.06 million)
Xbox 360 - 230K (from 1.26 million)

[
UPDATE: In a separate release arriving alongside the NPD figures, Microsoft commented: "Our retailers are telling us that Xbox 360 is selling as fast as they can restock, but due to this high demand, Xbox 360 is experiencing temporary shortages. We are working as quickly as we can to replenish inventory."]

ALSO Read this from Microsoft BEFORE THE NPD numbers were released:
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=17381

February 14, 2008

99_icon_arrow.gif
Stock Low For Xbox 360 Hardware As NPD Approaches
Just days before monthly hardware and software sales data is expected to be released from research firm NPD Group, Microsoft has revealed that shortages of Xbox 360 hardware across the U.S. could have an adverse affect on overall sales for the industry.

Speaking to Reuters, Xbox head of global marketing Jeff Bell commented: “We are really running short of product here in the United States. You could say we misjudged demand.”

Bell admits that Microsoft failed to predict the strength of post Christmas demand for Xbox 360 hardware and as a result many stores have been out of stock. The shortages are already predicted to run into the next month, but should lessen thereafter.

"Retailers have been really upset, they are on allocation. It is a lag I think we're seeing in January and that may continue into February, then as spring ramps up, we'll be able to meet that demand," said Bell.

Newly appointed Xbox boss Don Mattrick echoed many of the same sentiments in a recent podcast with Microsoft blogger Major Nelson, saying, "We'd hoped to have a strong showing in North America this holiday season, and we had a stronger showing than anticipated. So we had some shortages--we weren't able to deliver enough hardware against the demand that was in the market. That's a great problem to have."

"We're addressing that in the coming year," he continued. "It's going to take a little time for us to amp up our manufacturing, but we're really encouraged that people purchased as many games and as many boxes as they did on our platform, and we think that bodes well for the future."

[quote name='Xfactor4']
[ UPDATE: In a separate release arriving alongside the NPD figures, Microsoft commented: "Our retailers are telling us that Xbox 360 is selling as fast as they can restock, but due to this high demand, Xbox 360 is experiencing temporary shortages. We are working as quickly as we can to replenish inventory."][/quote]

Informative post, Xfactor4. Thanks.

I smell something and it's not pretty.

I'm in big box retail stores several times a week. If supply was constant, there would have been at least one time in the last 6-7 weeks that I would have found several Go Pro/Go Big units in stock. Never happened. They talked about the holiday demand being stronger than expected, but up until Christmas I saw plenty of Go Pro and even Elites in stock.

I never see the Wii in stock, either, but we know that's because shipments are limited and infrequent, and when they do arrive, people line up and they're gone within minutes. If MS is saying they're experiencing Wii-like demand, where are the stories of people lining up for the 360?

Demand may be strong as ever, maybe even stronger, but I think supply has definitely dropped.

[quote name='gantt']Informative post, Xfactor4. Thanks.

I smell something and it's not pretty.

I'm in big box retail stores several times a week. If supply was constant, there would have been at least one time in the last 6-7 weeks that I would have found several Go Pro/Go Big units in stock. Never happened. They talked about the holiday demand being stronger than expected, but up until Christmas I saw plenty of Go Pro and even Elites in stock.

I never see the Wii in stock, either, but we know that's because shipments are limited and infrequent, and when they do arrive, people line up and they're gone within minutes. If MS is saying they're experiencing Wii-like demand, where are the stories of people lining up for the 360?

Demand may be strong as ever, maybe even stronger, but I think supply has definitely dropped.[/quote]

Yes indeed. Microsoft is JUST BLOWING IT !!!

They are just HANDING away their lead like it doesn't even matter (which it does) by NOT MAKING Enough of the 360's available to their retailers and to the public.

Stupid...Stupid...Stupid ! SUPPLY HAS DROPPED TO A STANDSTILL !?! just as demand for the new Falcon consoles and new(relatively) lower Price point SKYROCKETS !!!

BLOWN OPPORTUNITY !!

I'm disgusted..:bomb:

Oh well.. Not like I can do anything about it ! ;) lol..

Xfactor4

Update on the QUEST:

I H-A-T-E Buy.com .... they took new orders yesterday for the XBox 360 Elite, even though my order from Feb. 3 still has not shipped. I called twice, and neither time was a "supervisor" available. Both times, I was promised a phone call return. Never happened. I have copies of emails from different CSR people yesterday, both saying my item was "still on backorder" or "out of stock" and that my credit card would be billed when shipped, but no shipping date available. It's like talking to autobots with names ... The item was active on their website ... and no one would acknowledge. That was the frustrating part. I'm guessing the sku# is slightly different and no one can take the 10 seconds to figure that out.

So, anyway, I'm sick and tired of the money being HELD on my ccard, so I cancelled. And, guess what, my unit from Amazon is scheduled to be delivered TODAY - Feb. 15, that was ordered 2 days ago. So, that's the good news ... but still, Buy.Com SUCKS.

Otherwise, this system is going in and out of stock at NewEgg and Amazon, and also Circuity City and Sears online yesterday. That usually means they will be ack in retail stores within next 2 weeks.

Good luck if you're still looking for one!

About the only place I have been able to find any 360's is at Target, where some of them still have 4-5 Halo 360's.

I'm hoping the short supplies have to do with some sort of announcement at GDC ... like a massive price cut on the 20GB hard drive (for all those poor bastards with the Core/Arcade units) and then making all 360's from this point on come with the hard drive standard.

[quote name='kittieciao']Update on the QUEST:

I H-A-T-E Buy.com .... they took new orders yesterday for the XBox 360 Elite, even though my order from Feb. 3 still has not shipped. ...So, that's the good news ... but still, Buy.Com SUCKS.

Otherwise, this system is going in and out of stock at NewEgg and Amazon, and also Circuity City and Sears online yesterday. That usually means they will be ack in retail stores within next 2 weeks.

Good luck if you're still looking for one![/quote]

Yeah, I honestly wasn't thrilled with the experience I had with buy.com. I kept my order processing even though I got an Elite from craigslist. Not only did they hold my money, but no one knew the deal on the stock of elites, and I kept getting automated responses to my emails. I finally just cancelled the charge with my credit card today, then got en email about my cancelled order. Incredibly lame. Hopefully they'll be back in stock everywhere shortly. Good luck everyone.

EDIT: They're back in stock at Gamestop.com, if you're looking for one hurry..

OMG! my local bestbuy has X360's Pro's in stock FRESH Batch!(14 units the one i called) im so gonna go right now..

What are my chances of getting a "falcon"? And when it comes to returning a X360 through extended warranty do i just bring the console, cables, controller, harddrive, Headset, and box or no box?

Man, I'm sorry to hear everybody had such a lousy time with buy.com :/ My tracking number still isn't showing anything, but I'm going to assume that's USPS and their lousy tracking... Maybe I will e-mail buy.com about it just to see if they'll respond.

I'm sort of sorry I didn't get one from Amazon, but then my chances of catching them when it was in stock were probably slim anyway. I'm really annoyed they lied to my cousin in their email, though :/

hey guys, been out of the system scene for a bit so I wanna get some stuff straight. Are Elites still being produced and shipped to stores? My BB doesn't even have a space on the shelf for it, just pro's and arcades. I got an Elite awhile back, not falcon but yeah.. I'm happy with it, I use HDD space like crazy.

Well looks like the Pro's are starting to come back in stock.

I just got back from my local Target which had 2 of them in the case BOTH LOT #802 TEAM FDOU.

Then I went by Best Buy to pick something else up and they also had Pro's (3 of them) also ALL Lot #802 TEAM FDOU.

No Elite's though !

Xfactor

P.S. I am in Sacramento Area, California. These were the Roseville Stores.

[quote name='PleasantOne']Man, I'm sorry to hear everybody had such a lousy time with buy.com :/ My tracking number still isn't showing anything, but I'm going to assume that's USPS and their lousy tracking... Maybe I will e-mail buy.com about it just to see if they'll respond.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I fucked up and ordered from them too, forgetting my annoyance with them from the Halo 3 CE decbacle. Well, now I regret it, I'm in the same boat - I've got a tracking number but it still just says that they've been notified to expect the shipment, and it's been like that for 5 days. If there's no status update by Tuesday I'm going to start fighting with them to cancel it.

Never again.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yep, I fucked up and ordered from them too, forgetting my annoyance with them from the Halo 3 CE decbacle. Well, now I regret it, I'm in the same boat - I've got a tracking number but it still just says that they've been notified to expect the shipment, and it's been like that for 5 days. If there's no status update by Tuesday I'm going to start fighting with them to cancel it.

Never again.[/quote]

thats totally typical USPS snail mail tracking updates, you're overreacting. It will only update from "Shipping info received" when its at a processing center in your state then again when its at your local post office. It takes 7-10 days and i will guaranty you it is on the way. If you didnt want to wait you should of paid more for shipping. Now you know.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Well looks like the Pro's are starting to come back in stock.

I just got back from my local Target which had 2 of them in the case BOTH LOT #802 TEAM FDOU.

Then I went by Best Buy to pick something else up and they also had Pro's (3 of them) also ALL Lot #802 TEAM FDOU.

No Elite's though !

Xfactor

P.S. I am in Sacramento Area, California. These were the Roseville Stores.[/quote]

Well someone over at the xbox.com forums just reported getting a Falcon Elite at his local Bestbuy in Austin, TX. Lot #803 TEAM FDOU with Sunon Maglev fans. Sounds like they got a few of them too ! Also couple days ago back on 2/16 another user says he picked up an ELITE at his BESTBUY in Colorado also Lot #803. Also earlier today, someone went to BestBuy in Deptford, NJ and they have 15 PRO units in stock AND they got some ELITE models in earlier in the day today but they SOLD OUT QUICKLY earlier today. Imagine that ?! LOL

So there is hope for all you BESTBUY folks or others hunting down the oh so rare ELITE model ! ;)

Xfactor

P.S. Oh yeah. Forgot. One more fellow said he ordered an ELITE from Toys R Us website that shipped yesterday !

hey xfactor could you call your local best buy and check if city of industry is going be getting more elites? this store doesn't fucking answer their customer service line or geek squad ever

[quote name='Zhanmadao']hey xfactor could you call your local best buy and check if city of industry is going be getting more elites? this store doesn't fucking answer their customer service line or geek squad ever[/quote]

Unfortunately, Bestbuy can only check inventory of other stores in their same REGION and you are down SOUTH and out of my region so they couldn't help me.

Try the West Covina store @ 626-919-3249. They can check the inventory of ALL the stores in your area/region if City of Industry is not answering the phone ! Otherwise, keep calling City of Industry and just hit "0" to get to the operator and ask for a manager if you have to tell them no one in videogame dept is picking up the phone ! As to INCOMING shipments at City of Industry, I am afraid only they can look that up at their store although if West Covina shows them coming in, then they are likely to hit City of Industry as well. Worse comes to Worse, just go down to the frickin store and have them look it up in person ! The computer should show inbound shipments 2 weeks out !?

Good luck bro !

Xfactor4

My Elite from buy.com arrived today! I was so relieved to see it on the doorstep - the stupid USPS tracking number had me wigging out!

Now, Xfactor4, how do I tell if it's a Falcon? it does NOT have the 175W power supply, but it DOES have a lot after 0734 (0743, to be exact). The team is CSON,. It has a manufacture date of 11-03-2007. I THINK I've got one, right?

[quote name='PleasantOne']My Elite from buy.com arrived today! I was so relieved to see it on the doorstep - the stupid USPS tracking number had me wigging out!

Now, Xfactor4, how do I tell if it's a Falcon? it does NOT have the 175W power supply, but it DOES have a lot after 0734 (0743, to be exact). The team is CSON,. It has a manufacture date of 11-03-2007. I THINK I've got one, right?[/quote]

Yes, the machine you have is a Falcon.:applause:

First, double check the actual power supply sticker itself and see if it says MAX 175w. I suspect that it does. ;) This alone would 100% guarantee a Falcon since the new 175 watt PSU WILL NOT even plug into the older Zephyr or Xenon mobos.

If your serial # ends with "07" then you have a console made by TEAM CSON or Celestica Factory and they ARE notorious for printing the INCORRECT PSU wattage on the outside of the box.:roll:

Your serial # (last 5 digits) should end with 74307 would be my best guess.

You can of course do the 'flashlight' test method to confirm the number of inductors you have and/or confirm your new ALUMINUM CPU heatsink WITHOUT a copper cooling pipe, but I really don't think you need to since I am CERTAIN you have a Falcon.

Rest easy brother, you got one ! and from BUY.COM to boot ! hahahaha...

Xfactor4

[quote name='bsesb2003']I saw Elites today in BB, but the outer label said 203W and it was not a bundle.[/quote]

It is true the ELITE's are finally starting to ship again and of course without the bundle. The problem is that even though MS has been shipping the newer Falcon equipped mobos since November, on of their factories Celestica AKA TEAM: CSON continues to MISLABEL the outside stickers on their Xbox 360 consoles manufactured at their factory in China with the 203 watt PSU specs on the sticker EVEN though there is a 175 watt PSU inside the box ! :roll:

Sloppy but true.;)

Xfactor

P.S. The Elites you saw at BestBuy were Falcons !(in disguise ! hahahaha):cool:

[quote name='gantt']http://forums.xbox.com/16647270/ShowPost.aspx[/quote]

hahahaha.. I am a heavy and regular contributor to that thread !;)

Xfactor4 aka XfactorExcalibr

P.S. The author of the thread MRCUR has stated you need a minimum of a 734 LOT # to get a Falcon. While that MAY be true, (I have seen many LOT #736 and LOT #737 Zephyr mobos) I think it is actually more like #738 or #739 MAYBE but with a LOT #742 or higher for a SURE thing ! IMCO.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Yes, the machine you have is a Falcon.:applause:

First, double check the actual power supply sticker itself and see if it says MAX 175w. I suspect that it does. ;) This alone would 100% guarantee a Falcon since the new 175 watt PSU WILL NOT even plug into the older Zephyr or Xenon mobos.[/quote]

I checked and you're right! Falcon! WOOHOO! :) I was setting up my gamer tag... I am Lasagna Fairy... and my hat is off to anyone who gets that reference. I just love the Dashboard, and I'm already back to streaming my music (my new router had an issue with the PS3 and UPnP) so I'm a happy camper!

[quote name='bsesb2003']I saw Elites today in BB, but the outer label said 203W and it was not a bundle.[/QUOTE]

Went to 3 BB's and all had Pro's and Elites (non-bundles) in stock with the 203W sticker.

[quote name='PleasantOne']I checked and you're right! Falcon! WOOHOO! :) I was setting up my gamer tag... I am Lasagna Fairy... and my hat is off to anyone who gets that reference. I just love the Dashboard, and I'm already back to streaming my music (my new router had an issue with the PS3 and UPnP) so I'm a happy camper![/QUOTE]

It doesn't need to have a 175watt PSU to be a Falcon. Mine's a Falcon with a 203 watt PSU.

bread's done
Back