Xbox 360 slim - $299 -- Old Arcade $150, Elite $250 -- READ OP

poker360

Banned
shipping to retailers this week, and available to buy this week. not yet on any websites.

Hey guys, i just picked up my xbox 360 250gb S console. I have been trying it out and will give a few impressions, including how hot this thing gets. First off, the wireless adapter works great, very easy to find my network. The console itself is beautiful, loving the buttons where they are touch sensitive. I cannot hear the console when on dashboard, but i can while playing games and the disc is spinning (still not nearly as loud as old models). There is one big issue that i AM having with this however: The thing is whisper silent, but it is also Flaming Hot. Look at the picture. See the big vent on the side? That's where all the heat is at. It's not on the back like the previous console, it doesn't seem like the fan is pushing out the heat very well. This could just be me, but i had someone else touch it to verify that they indeed thought it was outrageously HOT. Let this be a warning to buyers! .. Also i do understand this may not be a problem at all. My Wii does get hot with wii connect 24 (But not as hot as the 360..). My Mac also get's rather hot (still not as hot as the 360..). I'm just throwing this out there.

Fix: Make your 360 sit horizontally. It will help the 360 ventilate better, and won't get nearly as hot!

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Pro...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-QITCFx9nwsTluOMMcV9Frw

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-250G..._7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276552010&sr=1-7

360 Arcade will drop to $150
360 Elite will drop to $250
New 360 250GB "slim" is $300

img7345.jpg

250gb hdd, built in wireless n adapter

Built in transfer software, so if you want to upgrade, no worries!
includes wireless controller, headset, and composite cables

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DrMunkee']People were actually calling Gamestop today right after the conference and asking for the new 360.

Point : Stalk the UPS man if you want one.[/QUOTE]

I called my local GS(s) as soon as it was announced it was shipping today.
I originally was going to get the elite spring bundle but the slim rumors ...and getting laid off stopped me. My 20GB drive has less then a GB left. I will be trading mine in on this as soon as a GS says it's in stock.

I can't go through all these pages, but has anyone mentioned that the system is supposed to have a new chipset that contains 45nm for both the gpu and cpu? Theres no real way to overheat chips like that, they almost barely need a fan lol.

[quote name='MIGGO']Given the fact that the deals that I mentioned are for the current Arcade Bundles -- I will have to say, "Probably...no.".[/QUOTE]

20 billion pages of people saying the same things and the post I quoted didn't say anything about which model, so yea.

[quote name='padlok']I called my local GS(s) as soon as it was announced it was shipping today.
I originally was going to get the elite spring bundle but the slim rumors ...and getting laid off stopped me. My 20GB drive has less then a GB left. I will be trading mine in on this as soon as a GS says it's in stock.[/QUOTE]

Aren't you afraid the TIV of the consoles will drop in price in a hurry?

anyone know if the ECA discount will apply to this? I still have an order open with the ECA discount that I have been adding games to, not sure if it works on hardware though.

[quote name='seanr1221']What's everyones shipping estimate on Amazon? Mine is June 21st.[/QUOTE]

My delivery estimate is June 18th. But I preordered off Amazon at ~5:45pm on Monday when they first went up :)

what price do people think the FF13 and Splinter Cell Bundles will go for tomorrow with the other "fat" price drops? $349.99?

[quote name='Getrealistic']Amazon prime 1 day shipping : June 17th

Terrible living 50 miles from the nearest electronics retailer.[/QUOTE]

Wow, where do you live?

[quote name='kidincredible']My delivery estimate is June 18th. But I preordered off Amazon at ~5:45pm on Monday when they first went up :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bungletrpg']My girlfriend just got one:
Delivery Estimate: June 17, 2010

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you guys didn't do free shipping like me? I won't have mine until like...the 24th :/

[quote name='bert90987']what price do people think the FF13 and Splinter Cell Bundles will go for tomorrow with the other "fat" price drops? $349.99?[/QUOTE]

The FFXIII bundle has been $348.XX on Amazon for some time now.

[quote name='reddjoey']yard sale/craigslist for $150 firm cash only[/QUOTE]

I traded my Arcade in today at GS for $135. That included a 120gb HD with it. I figured I better trade it in before the TIV dropped. Not to mention they are giving an additional $25 for hardware trade ins.

06-14-10xboxens.jpg
Better one posted below[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']maybe I need a side by side comparison but I don't see much of difference in size? not really worth a new purchase, woooo it's black, big f'n deal?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Penguin1084']fail. the BUNDLE was supposed to be $299..[/QUOTE]

maybe when kinect releases in november they will bundle it for $299?

The Walmart $50 giftcard was for in-store as well correct?

If so I will be heading there tomorrow to get it for $150 + 50gc.

The giftcard will get me Lego Harry Potter (GF really wants it) and then I can trade in one of my old controllers for $13 plus I will have Viva Pinata and Banjo!

So it will be like getting the Console and 2 games for roughly $100 once tax is factored in and you consider the controller trade in. Not too bad for an extra console for when friends are over.

CAG Has a trade-n tracker page. GS is running a $25 hardware trade-in bonus
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261609

Hardware (you need power and a/v cables)
Core unit + wired controller - $70
(6/9/10)
Core unit + wireless controller - $80 (6/14/10)

Console Refurb Fees (Amount deducted when console is marked as defective)
Core unit w\ wired controller - $45
(4/10/10)
Core unit w\ wireless controller - $50 (4/10/10)

Accessories
20 GB HD - $12 (6/13/10)
60 GB HD - $20 (5/23/10)
120 GB HD - $30 (5/29/10)
64 MB Memory Unit - $3.50 (6/14/10)
256 MB Memory Card - $6 (6/9/10)
512 MB Memory Card - $9.50 (6/7/10)
Charging Cable - $3.25 (3/9/10)
Chatpad/Messenger Kit - $6 (6/5/10)
Component A/V Cables - $4.50 (6/11/10)
Cooling Fan - $1 (6/5/10)
Energizer Charge Station - $5.25 (10/18/09)
Ethernet Cable - $0.65
(5/23/10)
Guitar Hero Wired Guitar Controller - No Longer Accepted
HD-DVD Player Add-on - $0.01 (1/24/09)
HDMI Cable - $5.25 (6/6/10)
Intercooler - $0.75 (6/27/09)
Karaoke Revolution Mic - $4.25 (2/20/09)
Live Vision Camera - $4.50
(6/5/10)
Media Remote - $2.25 (5/19/10)
Microphone - $3.25 (3/9/10)
Play & Charge Kit - $5.75 (6/6/10)
Power Cord - $9.25 (6/7/10)
Rechargable Battery - $3 (6/7/10)
RF Adapter - $1.50
(6/12/10)
RockBand Wired Guitar Controller - No Longer Accepted
Standard A/V Cables - $2.50
(6/11/10)
S-Video Cables - $2.75 (9/23/09)
VGA HD Cable - $3.50
(3/27/10)
Wired Controller - $9.50 (4/12/10)
Wired Headset - $5 (6/14/10)
Wireless G Adapter - $24 (6/14/10)
Wireless N Adapter - $31.25
(5/23/10)
Wireless Controller - $12.75 (6/7/10)
Wireless Guitar Controller - No Longer Accepted
Wireless Headset - $9.50
(6/14/10)
Wireless Microphone - $3.50 (3/8/10)

I just got done pre-ordering the new Slim from Amazon and I have a question regarding the license transfer tool. I bought a new system back in August and used it to transfer my games from an older Xbox, so now the tool isn't available to me until later this year.

Now I am having doubts and feel that I am potentially going to be punished for wanting to upgrade to the latest Xbox. Am I basically screwed or will Microsoft make an exception for me and allow me to transfer my games again?

[quote name='Butatoy2008']how much if i trade my xbox elite at gamestop?[/QUOTE]

Traded in my 60GB 360 today. $80 for the console, plus $25 bonus. They said there is no difference in price between the pro and the elite. Only difference is the hard drive. $20 for the 60gb and $30 for the 120gb.....so trading in my 360 Pro with a 60gb hard drive got me $127 ($2 extra with the edge card)

[quote name='reddjoey']
06-14-10xboxens.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nah, more like this:

mlt6rt.jpg

[quote name='CloverField06']Does the X360 slim use the same hard drives has the phat?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='Smashingblue']I just got done pre-ordering the new Slim from Amazon and I have a question regarding the license transfer tool. I bought a new system back in August and used it to transfer my games from an older Xbox, so now the tool isn't available to me until later this year.

Now I am having doubts and feel that I am potentially going to be punished for wanting to upgrade to the latest Xbox. Am I basically screwed or will Microsoft make an exception for me and allow me to transfer my games again?[/QUOTE]

You can do the transfer, you just won't be able to migrate the licenses. I'd imagine MS will allow an exception considering they are launching a "new" product.

[quote name='CloverField06']Does the X360 slim use the same hard drives has the phat?[/QUOTE]
nope

@thanks reddjoey,pelf21

i think i keep my elite and save money to buy slim

[quote name='Smashingblue']I just got done pre-ordering the new Slim from Amazon and I have a question regarding the license transfer tool. I bought a new system back in August and used it to transfer my games from an older Xbox, so now the tool isn't available to me until later this year.

Now I am having doubts and feel that I am potentially going to be punished for wanting to upgrade to the latest Xbox. Am I basically screwed or will Microsoft make an exception for me and allow me to transfer my games again?[/QUOTE]

you can always call them and try. and probably get nowhere.

and of course you'll be punished for being an early adopter. they're rushing them out now to make a few extra bucks before the holiday season, where they bundle the hell out of it.

[quote name='distgfx']Nah, more like this:

mlt6rt.jpg

[/QUOTE]

how is the word "slim" anywhere near that thing. how about "xbox 360 shorter and uglier"?

About the transfer of licenses.... on the site it says that it can be done once a year. BUT if there is a rare exception to contact them and they will fix it for you. I would imagine this being one of their 'exceptions.'

[quote name='EarthKing']Does the new X360 allow user upgradeable HDD?? I'm thinking no since it's M$ but it's worth a try asking lol[/QUOTE]

Still proprietary HDDs, so yes if MS releases bigger ones.

[quote name='BrolyB593']About the transfer of licenses.... on the site it says that it can be done once a year. BUT if there is a rare exception to contact them and they will fix it for you. I would imagine this being one of their 'exceptions.'[/QUOTE]

They better make an exception for me, as I've already sold my system. I have three accounts to do as well, so not looking to arguing on the phone tomorrow.

Well, I am sure we all have had our share of MS Customer Support issues, so I wish you goodluck Smashingblue, because this seems as though it will be one of the most annoying of all.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Well, I am sure we all have had our share of MS Customer Support issues, so I wish you goodluck Smashingblue, because this seems as though it will be one of the most annoying of all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, as I'm sure I'll need all the luck I can get if the stories of MS customer support are at all accurate in how difficult they can be. This will be my first time ever contacting them, so it should be interesting none the less.

[quote name='EarthKing']Does the new X360 allow user upgradeable HDD?? I'm thinking no since it's M$ but it's worth a try asking lol[/QUOTE]

No. Though it does have a nifty little cloth pull-tab with 250gb on it.
It is rather sleek looking and about the size of your average smart phone.

[quote name='heratio']I hope they reduce the price of the older 250 gb hard drives because of this.....[/QUOTE]

I second that.

bread's done
Back