Xbox 360 slim - $299 -- Old Arcade $150, Elite $250 -- READ OP

poker360

Banned
shipping to retailers this week, and available to buy this week. not yet on any websites.

Hey guys, i just picked up my xbox 360 250gb S console. I have been trying it out and will give a few impressions, including how hot this thing gets. First off, the wireless adapter works great, very easy to find my network. The console itself is beautiful, loving the buttons where they are touch sensitive. I cannot hear the console when on dashboard, but i can while playing games and the disc is spinning (still not nearly as loud as old models). There is one big issue that i AM having with this however: The thing is whisper silent, but it is also Flaming Hot. Look at the picture. See the big vent on the side? That's where all the heat is at. It's not on the back like the previous console, it doesn't seem like the fan is pushing out the heat very well. This could just be me, but i had someone else touch it to verify that they indeed thought it was outrageously HOT. Let this be a warning to buyers! .. Also i do understand this may not be a problem at all. My Wii does get hot with wii connect 24 (But not as hot as the 360..). My Mac also get's rather hot (still not as hot as the 360..). I'm just throwing this out there.

Fix: Make your 360 sit horizontally. It will help the 360 ventilate better, and won't get nearly as hot!

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Pro...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-QITCFx9nwsTluOMMcV9Frw

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-250G..._7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276552010&sr=1-7

360 Arcade will drop to $150
360 Elite will drop to $250
New 360 250GB "slim" is $300

img7345.jpg

250gb hdd, built in wireless n adapter

Built in transfer software, so if you want to upgrade, no worries!
includes wireless controller, headset, and composite cables

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BWOzar']Amazon is listing a 06/19/2010 shipdate. Newegg (which is OOS) has a 06/18/2010 ETA listed.[/QUOTE]

my arrival estimate on amazon is the 17th, i believe they don't get anymore shipment until the 19th

I got some dude to bite on my XB360 on Craigslist for $200. Time to order from Amazon! Hopefully their estimate is correct. I don't want to have to wait until June 30th.. or even early July for it! :(

[quote name='poker360']my arrival estimate on amazon is the 17th, i believe they don't get anymore shipment until the 19th[/QUOTE]

Yeah I missed the first batch they posted, so I've got an arrival date of 6/22 (based on the in stock 6/19) even with overnight shipping.

Local Best Buy had the arcade marked down to $150 and the FFXIII edition at $350. Didn't see any kind of advertisement for the new xbox though, which kind of surprised me. Would've thought they'd put up a picture or poster or something.

[quote name='letallis']Local Best Buy had the arcade marked down to $150 and the FFXIII edition at $350. Didn't see any kind of advertisement for the new xbox though, which kind of surprised me. Would've thought they'd put up a picture or poster or something.[/QUOTE]

Well they do want to get rid of their current stock and posting up pictures of the new shiny Xbox won't help ;).

Gamestop's in NY at least are looking to have them Friday 99% and a chance on Thursday if they get lucky. No Pre-Orders so first come first serve. I'm supposed to work on Friday 9-2 but I'm getting my hours changed cause I'm not missing out on this bad boy. If you trade in your 360, you get $80 plus a special trade in offer of an extra $25. In all, my new one will come to 220 after taxes. Same price I would've paid for an arcade that I was gonna buy if they didnt announce a slim. My current one is too loud, has no HDMI and such.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I got some dude to bite on my XB360 on Craigslist for $200. Time to order from Amazon! Hopefully their estimate is correct. I don't want to have to wait until June 30th.. or even early July for it! :([/QUOTE]
what did you sell it with? if i could get $200 for mine i might bite on this

[quote name='el swordo']what did you sell it with? if i could get $200 for mine i might bite on this[/QUOTE]

Obviously CL is as YMMV as it gets. You could list yours with 10 games and it might not sell.

[quote name='Guzzy']Gamestop's in NY at least are looking to have them Friday 99% and a chance on Thursday if they get lucky. No Pre-Orders so first come first serve. I'm supposed to work on Friday 9-2 but I'm getting my hours changed cause I'm not missing out on this bad boy. If you trade in your 360, you get $80 plus a special trade in offer of an extra $25. In all, my new one will come to 220 after taxes. Same price I would've paid for an arcade that I was gonna buy if they didnt announce a slim. My current one is too loud, has no HDMI and such.[/QUOTE]

FYI, the TIV dropped to $60 as of this morning. They are no longer $80.

[quote name='ZForce915']Obviously CL is as YMMV as it gets. You could list yours with 10 games and it might not sell.[/QUOTE]
still would like to have an idea what you sold yours with

I would love to get a slim, but seeing as I got a replacement elite about 5 months ago, I am pretty well set for a while, hopefully.

Got an Arcade Bundle today for $158.24 at Target. The price drop was in effect and for whatever reason, the $30 giftcard magically turned into a $50 GC.

A great deal for those of us who already own the system and don't need to buy extra accessories. I was just looking for a cheapy system as a back-up unit and as something that I can use in my room separate from my main system that I have in the living room (not out of laziness, my roomies watch a lot of Netflix on that unit).

Picture328.png

I went to Target this noontime and they were all sold out of Arcades. :whistle2:( I was hoping to get me a $100 360.

Just stopped at walmart in Alliance, OH. Got the 360 arcade + $50 giftcard for $157 with tax. Sweet deal, walmart GC are as good as cash IMO since you can buy damn near anything there

I just returned the 360 Arcade I bought 3 weeks ago. Gamestop took it back and now I have $217 toward a new Slim 360!

[quote name='el swordo']so do i sell mine and get a slim or do i invest in some of those turtle beach headsets so i can't hear how loud my 360 is?[/QUOTE]

That TB headset won't do you much good if your 360 is as loud as you say it is. It sounds like the system itself might be on it's way out.

Target was running a $50 gift card w/ purchase of an Arcade machine this week and then the surprise price drop announcement today occurred. Target is still honoring its GC commitment meaning that you can get an arcade for $149 plus a $50 GC. Pretty good deal if you are looking to stash one away or are looking for a second.

Just got a Jasper (4-7-2010) from Target for $150 w/ $50 gift card. The case wasn't updated, but it scanned correctly. Pretty sweet deal. I was surpised how much lighter the 150w power brick is. It's a quieter than my old 360, but man is the drive loud when spinning a disc.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Just got a Jasper (4-7-2010) from Target for $150 w/ $50 gift card. The case wasn't updated, but it scanned correctly. Pretty sweet deal. I was surpised how much lighter the 150w power brick is. It's a quieter than my old 360, but man is the drive loud when spinning a disc.[/QUOTE]

Wait, how did you get a $50 giftcard?

The ad says $30 gc with purchase and online site says the same.

Have others gotten the $50 gc?

This is going to be a pain in the ass.

Gamestop's around here are saying Thursday or Friday, no pre-orders, first come first serve.

And they said they are only getting single digit amounts in. =/

The store I work at is getting a small shipment this Friday. They will be first come, no holding, no reserves, etc. We don't know when we will be getting more after that. We received literally hundreds of phone calls about them today. This for a store that is not very busy at all. I am dreading work Friday, I bet we will have people hanging out in the store until our delivery comes.

I just talked to my local GS and they said for an Elite, 120GB HDD, and controller you'll get $165 but you have to trade in and buy one in the same transaction.

[quote name='wiscobrando']Target was running a $50 gift card w/ purchase of an Arcade machine this week and then the surprise price drop announcement today occurred. Target is still honoring its GC commitment meaning that you can get an arcade for $149 plus a $50 GC. Pretty good deal if you are looking to stash one away or are looking for a second.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a $30 gift card? Is the Gift Card valid on the spring bundle?

damn and my 1st gen 360 just broke(for the fifth and final time) looks like I may pick up one of these if I cant get a good deal on an older elite bundle.

[quote name='MIGGO']Apparently, the new deal is $50 Gift Card.

You cannot use the GC on the bundle. C'mon, now....[/QUOTE]

I think he was asking if you can get the GC with the Elite Spring bundle also. Tempting deal, I might have to finally jump on the xbox bandwagon.

Sigh.

Went ahead and placed an order on Gamestop.com.

Says it ships in 24 hours, so I assume it's in stock. Picked overnight shipping, so hopefully it will ship tomorrow and I'll get it Thursday.

=/

[quote name='ParticleReality']I thought it was a $30 gift card? Is the Gift Card valid on the spring bundle?[/QUOTE]
It was advertised as a $30 gift card but I appears they decided to match Walmart's $50 gift card deal, so it is now $50. I got one with a spring arcade bundle this afternoon.

dumb question...Arcade can have a wired internet connection right? The #1 review on amazon says no but I thought otherwise

I just traded in my old and flaky 360 for $150 an hour ago. Now I am thinking, what the crap am I going to do till I get the new one. :(

[quote name='galbyman']I just traded in my old and flaky 360 for $150 an hour ago. Now I am thinking, what the crap am I going to do till I get the new one. :([/QUOTE]

Play your PS3 or Wii.

[quote name='MIGGO']Apparently, the new deal is $50 Gift Card.

You cannot use the GC on the bundle. C'mon, now....[/QUOTE]

Sorry, perhaps I should have phrased the question better. I was asking if Gift card came with the the Spring Arcade bundle that comes with Banjo & Viva Pinata. I apologize for the confusion.

Is the GC an instant thing? Like will it prompt them to give me one as soon as they ring it up? I only ask because I fear they'll check the ad and give me a $30 GC instead.

[quote name='Yo_Soy_Legendo']Question: Does the Slim have a transfer cable included or am I going to have to shell out the $20 for the cable?[/QUOTE]

It's Microsoft...

Option A) Use a 16gb flash drive to transfer over your data (assuming you have 16gb or less)

Option B) Let MS bend you over once again and pay $20 for a data transfer cable.

By the way, for those questioning the $50gc Wally World is giving away with Arcades...check it out: http://gizmodo.com/5564542/walmart-...rop-and-offers-50-gift-card-with-game-bundles

My local Gamestop said they were getting some on Friday... Not sure if I should just get one online or try my luck in store...

bread's done
Back