Xbox Hardware Bundle: Special Edition Green Console w/Halo and free 2 day ship

wow I would love to get this......

maybe sell my Xbox to get this. But I already have xbox live setup, so it would be a hassle

I would love to have this too but I already own a Xbox and don't need two . I wish they would offer this kinds of bundles at the systems lanuch .

So thats the trick get us all hyped up by thinking this thing is rare by putting it up one day and then taking it down.

I heard the green one was only for Europe maybe they just f'd up

i believe it it filled up so fast with preorders its sold out. Cause it is #1 seller on the list right now at ebgames for preorders... Oh well I heard stores will be getting this too on the 13th...

[quote name='dsullo']wow I would love to get this......

maybe sell my Xbox to get this. But I already have xbox live setup, so it would be a hassle[/quote]

Just to let you know. If you just copy your Live profile to a memory card, you can copy it to a new system and it works fine. Since the new systems have the main live software already on them all you have to do it let each live game update when you log on the first time with the new system.

japan got a kickass white xbox system (not clear) with 2 white s controlelrs in the box.

europe just got a crappy crystal xbox system (see through)

the green one looked pretty cool but im not gonna pay 20 bucks for a 2 year old halo game that i have already played to death.

oh well.

I wonder if this Halo/Xbox special edition system will be anything like Nintendo's originally "limited edition" platinum GBAs and GCNs, meaning we'll see them sitting on store shelves for a year or two to come once they're available.

its still big and fat... sonys been modding the ps2 so it runs better over the years but xbox has yet to change. they need to start doing something about the hdd errors and games not booting.

It's not gone. But I still Japan got the best with the Panzer Dragon Xbox Special Edition....man that thing is a work of art.

[quote name='EggViper']its still big and fat... sonys been modding the ps2 so it runs better over the years but xbox has yet to change. they need to start doing something about the hdd errors and games not booting.[/quote]

I think your mistaken they have been cheapening the system over the years. Theyve replaced parts increased the board size and moved production out of japan and into china. The only real good change was the new 50001 models. All the other china models have been garbage and got disc read errors like crazy.

[quote name='BULL_Ship'][quote name='EggViper']its still big and fat... sonys been modding the ps2 so it runs better over the years but xbox has yet to change. they need to start doing something about the hdd errors and games not booting.[/quote]

I think your mistaken they have been cheapening the system over the years. Theyve replaced parts increased the board size and moved production out of japan and into china. The only real good change was the new 50001 models. All the other china models have been garbage and got disc read errors like crazy.[/quote]

i gotta agree here. sony's made some minor modifications to change glaring errors. for example, a year and a half after getting my ps2, it decided it didn't feel like reading game disks anymore. that's a problem. i know one guy who had hard drive problems with his xbox, but i think it was his fault (had a rather large magnet too close to the system) and never knew anyone who had disk read errors.

and xbox did change one thing. if i'm not mistaken, they have multiple chipsets in an attempt to prevent people from modding their machines.

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']They also changed the design on the inside of the disc tray....though I don't why exactly.[/quote]

Those are different dvd rom drives

the older xboxes had thomsons the new ones have samsung and philips. People say thomsons get more disc read errors but i have a thomson and i never get any disc read errors. You can tell which drive you have by the number of holes and shape

[quote name='EggViper']its still big and fat... sonys been modding the ps2 so it runs better over the years but xbox has yet to change. they need to start doing something about the hdd errors and games not booting.[/quote]

Yeah but for everything they improve on the PS2, they just seem to cut more corners to make it more financiably viable

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']I wonder if this Halo/Xbox special edition system will be anything like Nintendo's originally "limited edition" platinum GBAs and GCNs, meaning we'll see them sitting on store shelves for a year or two to come once they're available.[/quote]

All the news sites are saying there will be 200,000 of the Halo/Xbox bundle.

the deal is not dead. the deal is running till the xbox ships on 4/12. if this was truly limited, you wouldn't be allowed to order THREE. perhaps the production run is low, but I doubt its as low as the Panzer Whites (1k), or Pure Whites (1k) that sold out in Japan. fyi, the Lime Green Mountain Dew Xbox is 5k run, the Japanese Blue DOA is 5k run. The US Halo Green Translucent was rumored to be a 10,000-20,000 run, but I doubt it. already on ebay for $270-$500 but still widely available at EBgames.com
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/systems/game_sel_page.asp?pf_id=242826

or in-stores for only $20 down.

keep in mind, online offers FREE shipping:
Get free two-day air shipping on this bundle. Just enter coupon code FRSHPXB in your cart.

and no tax.

everyone knew this Green box would come, but MS planned on releasing it when the Xbox Green/Blue Controller S was launched.

the crystal translucent came with 2 matching controllers, in fact the same green box we're getting in the US launched a few weeks ago in taiwan and was bundled with Crimson Skies and PGR2.

I'm shocked that MS didn't include an XBOX LIVE title in the US. I think this was a BIG mistake. perhaps they'll have a newer bundle for $200 with XBL and a few XBL games and are only waiting to see Sony's response to the XB price drop/bundle. At least MS pricedropped lots of great XBL games to $30:

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Counter-Strike
Project Gotham Racing 2

I actually think we'll see the Green S Controllers run out before the Green Xboxes. I know when I get my Green XB I'm buying 3 more Green controllers.

bread's done
Back