Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gryphter']surprised that F bomb went through, I thought those were replaced with Shaq Fu[/QUOTE]
I think the filter doesn't catch it if you do all uppercase.

I noticed you removed the note from CHIME about it being from a non-profit and items going to charity, but for 400 pts it's a can't miss...

Also, hoping Invincible Tiger's drop happens here. Been wanting to grab it but didn't cave.

[quote name='Distrato']GOLD MEMBERS ONLY

fuck!!

Does anyone have a 48 hour code they could pm me? I would really appreciate it. I just want Splosion Man.[/QUOTE]
Nope tried that during the Xmas deals, doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Damn! Why is Japan getting a lot of love???[/QUOTE]

Beats me. The Xbox market over there is crap and it's going to stay crap no matter what incentives M$ throws at them.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Damn! Why is Japan getting a lot of love???[/QUOTE]Microsoft needs to do whatever they can to aid the 360's poor acceptance in Japan.

[quote name='Thrinn']Microsoft needs to do whatever they can to aid the 360's poor acceptance in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Not if it's a huge money pit. They need to know when to cut and run.

kinda doubt these will be made into american DOTW's seeing as how they were already DOTW's in america except invisible tiger

The DoTW are terrible, except for 'Splosion Man, but really MvC2 and Battlefield AGAIN? and they're actually more then they were during the Holiday Deals. Oh well, another month without Mirror's Edge or Force Unleashed DLC.

Bought splosion man, I was waiting for it to be a dotw. Hopefully the japanese dotw are not the ones we're getting, I already have MvsC2 and battlefield....

You know what would make Battlefield 1943 worth buying? If the fucking game worked. Only 1 out of every 100 attempts to join a game actually works. Dont let the demo servers fool you. That game is fucked.

[quote name='genfuyung']You know what would make Battlefield 1943 worth buying? If the fucking game worked. Only 1 out of every 100 attempts to join a game actually works. Dont let the demo servers fool you. That game is fucked.[/QUOTE]

It is even worse than that even when you get into a game it is laggy as hell.

Plenty of people have moved on. I tried to play the aerial map only and had a tough time just filling out a room.

[quote name='forteblast']Not if it's a huge money pit. They need to know when to cut and run.[/QUOTE]If Microsoft hasn't quit after 8-9 lackluster years of trying to break into Japan's console market, nothing would indicate that they're about stop trying. They get an 'A' for effort. Plus, according to the latest news, Japan is going to be the first market to get the standalone (and insanely overpriced) 250 gig hard drive. They've already discontinued the stand alone 120 gig drive here in the States as well.

I'm skeptical whether or not MvC2 and Battlefield will be the deals of the week for North America... they were already put on sale just last month for the New Year's countdown for the US

Im actually betting its gonna be Braid since that was Japan's exclusive deal during that countdown

[quote name='tominater12']It is even worse than that even when you get into a game it is laggy as hell.[/QUOTE]

yup, i want my 560 points back. totally false advertising.

[quote name='rkrocks123']Just so you guys know, there's a free Dante's Inferno premium theme on Live now. This seems like the right place to mention it...[/QUOTE]

So I'm curious, what's the difference between a premium theme and a regular one anyway? How do I know if the one I've got up now is 'premium' and should I care?

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']So I'm curious, what's the difference between a premium theme and a regular one anyway? How do I know if the one I've got up now is 'premium' and should I care?[/QUOTE]
Depends on the images behind your friends on your friend list. If it's the generic Xbox items (robot, dinosaur, future objects) then it's just a regular one. Premium Themes have your friends standing in front of objects/locations from the game/whatever.

[quote name='GUNNM']uh thanks for posting japanese dotw's, I guess?[/QUOTE]Some people also have secondary accounts with the location set to Japan. (Usually because the Japanese side of XBL gets demos before we do; like Resonance of Fate, Eternal Sonata, etc.) Theoretically, if they were able to get ahold of Japanese point cards, they'd participate in any of those deals as well.

[quote name='Lexxon']Ack...we're running out of Winter for Perfect Dark XBLA to come out when they said it would!

C'mon Rare...[/QUOTE]

They announced "March". So as long as it's before 3/20-22 they're still in the clear.

Picked up Splosion Man and played thru the first level. Seems pretty awesome so far. The presentation looks spectacular for an xbla game.

[quote name='rkrocks123']Just so you guys know, there's a free Dante's Inferno premium theme on Live now. This seems like the right place to mention it...[/QUOTE]

I went on the site and there was only a free regular theme. Also I cant access my 360 due to RROD so I cant see it :cry:

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Will I like splosion man even tho I found The Maw boring?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I've played both. Splosion Man is more fast paced and very addictive. If you like platforming, you will like Splosion Man.

^ alright thanks, hopefully i like it, i like platforming but some of them i end up hating if they're overally hard or boring.

and the dantes inferno theme is def. premium, im using it right now.

played 3 levels of splosion man so far. it's not bad. not what i was expecting, but i still like it. and for 400 points, can't really pass it up.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']^ alright thanks, hopefully i like it, i like platforming but some of them i end up hating if they're overally hard or boring.

and the dantes inferno theme is def. premium, im using it right now.[/QUOTE]

This one should be perfect then. Hope you like it. Did you play the trial?

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I noticed you removed the note from CHIME about it being from a non-profit and items going to charity, but for 400 pts it's a can't miss...

Also, hoping Invincible Tiger's drop happens here. Been wanting to grab it but didn't cave.[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to start a precedent for explaining/describing every game, but I will gladly add the note back to Chime (I'm still peeved MS wouldn't give up their share).

I'll add a little separation from the JP DotW. kkeith89 says they usually line up, so I'll leave it up there for a bit, but put it behind a spoiler.

Thank you for the heads-up.

Splosion Man is fantastic -- I bought it at launch for full price and it was totally worth $10, so $5 is a steal. It's a great visual throwback to the Genesis platformer days, but it's actually a really clever, precise puzzle-platformer. It can get really frustrating, so there's a ton of trial-and-error, but I loved the humor and overall vibe of the game. It does get really difficult toward the end of the game, so buyer beware!

[quote name='Diebythesword']I went on the site and there was only a free regular theme. Also I cant access my 360 due to RROD so I cant see it :cry:[/QUOTE]

Same here. I don't see it. Do I have to access it through the xbox?

[quote name='js1']Same here. I don't see it. Do I have to access it through the xbox?[/QUOTE]

You had to access it on your computer - unfortunately, it's just recently been taken down (they're charging 240pts for it again). Sorry.

To bring it back around to the thread - great deal on 'Splosion Man. Played through about six levels last night and, so far, I'm really happy I picked it up.

Count me as one more person absolutely loving Splosion Man. I'm on Level 2-1. There were a few challenging moments even in the first section; I can picture this getting crazy difficult in the later levels.

It's definitely worth it's normal 800 points price, but I'm glad for once I had enough restraint to hold out for a sale and get it for 400.

[quote name='Warlock82']Awesome, finally! I was hoping for a deal on the Mass Effect DLC since I never bought it, but I'm sort of interested in playing through the game again to get ready for the sequel. Though I still probably won't touch Pinnacle Station since I hear it's a POS :p[/QUOTE]

Pinnacle Station was not a PoS, and neither was Bring Down the Sky. The complaints people had about those two DLC packs were ridiculous. Every time I read a review about either of them, people acted like they were expecting a full GD expansion, and that's not what they were. Pinnacle Station was a fun little distraction from the regular path of the game, and if you complete it with first place in all of the different scenarios, you have early access to some of the best items in the game. I definitely enjoyed Pinnacle Station, but to each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back