Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be getting MvC2 for now. Had to buy another 1600 point card but well worth it.
How is the MvC2 Online matches? Is it filled with D-Bags that use the same power characters and spam the same moves?

[quote name='hypertails02']How is the MvC2 Online matches? Is it filled with D-Bags that use the same power characters and spam the same moves?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Well it's essentially people playing with the characters that are known to be higher tier and only using them and exploiting them. My only complaint is they didn't go back and rebalance the characters, other than online play it's a direct port.

[quote name='Izod517']Yes. Well it's essentially people playing with the characters that are known to be higher tier and only using them and exploiting them. My only complaint is they didn't go back and rebalance the characters, other than online play it's a direct port.[/QUOTE]
Well I did bite on MvC2 (as you see on the sig below), and I'm actually surprised at the variety of character choices I've seen. I haven't seen that Cable/Doom/Sentinel combo or whatever the absolute best has been. What I have seen is 2 different players kick my ass with Jill Valentine. Damn zombies...

Thanks for the advice! CAG never fails with impulse purchases...

[quote name='freshzen']Have you played the game before? I bought it on XBL for an excuse to sell my DC copy but I honestly don't even like the game much, its just too much bullet hell at times and fairly short. I wish they'd release more DC shooters for XBLA.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I have and if it dropped to 5 bucks or 6.50 Id snatch it up. I agree its too short for 10 bucks.

I bought TiT haven't had time to play it yet, but I hope they haven't messed it up too much. I still have fun playing the 1989 TMNT game every now and then.

[quote name='XboXRecGamer']is MvC2 worth the $10 ?? i used to have the dreamcast version and kinda liked it.[/QUOTE]Then there's no one better fit to answer that question for you than yourself via your own personal experience. ;p

Beyond your memories, it's the same game with some graphic filters, online gameplay, and everyone unlocked from the get-go.

Added
March 3rd: Toy Soldiers
March 31st: Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition,
March 31st: Mega Man 10
March: Lead and Gold, Perfect Dark, Scrap Metal, Game Room
Xbox Live Arcade Block Party in BOLD. (like Summer of Arcade)

FYI:

Mega Man 10
WiiWare – March 1st​
PSN – March 11th​
XBLA – March 31st​

[quote name='reddjoey']Added
March 3rd: Toy Soldiers
March 31st: Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition,
March 31st: Mega Man 10
March: Lead and Gold, Perfect Dark, Scrap Metal, Game Room
Xbox Live Arcade Block Party in BOLD. (like Summer of Arcade)

FYI:

Mega Man 10
WiiWare – March 1st​
PSN – March 11th​
XBLA – March 31st​
[/QUOTE]is the date for zeno clash wrong

Doom or Doom II?

Doom hasn't been on sale yet IIRC. Doom II was listed as "Very Soon" in March 2010 OXM, so I suspect it will finally land In March or April.

[quote name='reddjoey']Doom or Doom II?

Doom hasn't been on sale yet IIRC. Doom II was listed as "Very Soon" in March 2010 OXM, so I suspect it will finally land In March or April.[/QUOTE]

Methinks Doom was only on sale at Amazon.com

[quote name='reddjoey']updated.

Hopefully we won't get stuck with Battleship next week.[/QUOTE]

So the update is Battlefield 1943 @ 800 points as the new DotW?

Why do they keep running promotions on this game when they seem unwilling or unable to control the accessibility/lag enough to make it consistently playable?

It was 560 points at the beginning of the year and the experience afterwards was almost always awful: can't join games, running in place, teleporting, etc.

The games from this past week are still 800 points, for anyone that forgot about them. Should be that way for the next hour or two, if MS follows suit like past weeks.

March 3rd: - Toy Soldiers - 1200 Microsoft Points
March 10th: - Scrap Metal - 1200 Microsoft Points
March 17th: - Perfect Dark - 800 Microsoft Points
March 24th: - Game Room - Free (400 MSP dual-platform, 250 MSP single-platform, 40 MSP single play)
Items in bold are part of the Xbox Live Arcade House Party (like Summer of Arcade)

From 3-30 March Xbox LIVE Arcade plays host to four of this year’s most eagerly awaited download games: Toy Soldiers, Scrap Metal, Perfect Dark and Game Room. Each one offers terrific gameplay whether competing solo, on the sofa with friends, or multiplayer across Xbox LIVE. We suspect you’ll want to own them all, which is why we’re giving back 400 Microsoft Points to everyone that does. And if you’re already an Xbox LIVE Gold subscriber we’ll also give you one month extra free.

To celebrate the beginning of this month-long Xbox LIVE House Party there will be a new Avatar Collection featuring exclusive items based on the featured games. And to round things off in suitable style, the weekend of 26-28 March unlocks Xbox LIVE multiplayer for all Silver Subscribers to compete with your Xbox LIVE Gold buddies. - Source

Nice to see you can get 400pts back and also a month of XBL Gold free.

[quote name='gantt']Why do they keep running promotions on this game when they seem unwilling or unable to control the accessibility/lag enough to make it consistently playable? [/QUOTE]

Probably because Microsoft wants you to buy it anyway.

When I saw "Toy Soldiers" i thought it would be the game based on the movie, but that was "small soldiers". It was a really good game for the PS1 back in the day.

Cant wait for Perfect Dark, great price too...wish they could have came to some sort of agreement on Golden Eye though.

So you buy Perfect Dark any games included in XBL House Party next month, and you get 400MS AND 1 month gold on EACH purchase?
That doesn't sound like M$.

So... for 3200 Microsoft Points, (approx $25.60) you get:

- Perfect Dark
- Scrap Metal
- Toy Soldiers
- Game Room
- 1 month extra free

Is that a good deal...?

[quote name='sherisdoppel']So you buy Perfect Dark or any games included in XBL House Party next month, and you get 400MS AND 1 month gold on EACH purchase?[/QUOTE]
I think you have to get all 4.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']I think you have to get all 4.[/QUOTE]

yes, you get all 4 and you get the extras. the 1 month free looks to be just UK related though (for now, details are uncertain?)

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']So... for 3200 Microsoft Points, (approx $25.60) you get:

- Perfect Dark
- Scrap Metal
- Toy Soldiers
- Game Room
- 1 month extra free

Is that a good deal...?[/QUOTE]

Actually it will be 2800 points after the 400 point "rebate". Problem for me is I have no idea what any of these games are other then Perfect Dark (and Game Room). Is there any reason to be excited about Toy Soldiers and Scrap Metal?

Found a video of Scrap Metal - that looks pretty cool. But Toy Soldiers turns out to be a $15 tower defense game. I think I'll pass on that and this deal.

I just looked up Toy Soldiers and it doesnt look as bad as I thought it would. It looks like a strategy game from a bedroom with toys -

Toy-Soldiers-TGS-2009-Preview.jpg

Edit: It actually looks kinda fun

People say its like a tower defense game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moQClhNn-X4

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']So... for 3200 Microsoft Points, (approx $25.60) you get:

- Perfect Dark
- Scrap Metal
- Toy Soldiers
- Game Room
- 1 month extra free

Is that a good deal...?[/QUOTE]

When did 3200 points equal $25? It's $50 for 4000 points, so it's $40 worth of points gets you those.

[quote name='crunchewy']Actually it will be 2800 points after the 400 point "rebate". Problem for me is I have no idea what any of these games are other then Perfect Dark (and Game Room). Is there any reason to be excited about Toy Soldiers and Scrap Metal?

Found a video of Scrap Metal - that looks pretty cool. But Toy Soldiers turns out to be a $15 tower defense game. I think I'll pass on that and this deal.[/QUOTE]
I actually put the 400 point "rebate" on that total:

1200 - Scrap Metal
1200 - Toy Soldiers
800 - Perfect Dark
400 - Full Game Room

= (3600) - 400 rebate = 3200 total

So it should be 3200 after getting the rebate.

And sorry, I did the math wrong by mutliplying 0.8 instead of dividing 0.8 so...

3200 Points = $40.00

Yeah, not the best deal IMO. Last time they did this they had big titles like TMNT, Shadow Complex, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 in there. This time they have.... Scrap Metal and Toy Soldiers?

It still kind of puzzles me that both of those can be $15 while Perfect Dark (i.e. the one that's going to sell really well) is only $10. But eh, cheaper is good ;)

You know, instead of this "rebate", Microsoft should have just priced Toy Soldiers and Scrap Metal at 800 points each. That would attract a lot more buyers IMO. It's hard for me to justify $15 each for those two.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You know, instead of this "rebate", Microsoft should have just priced Toy Soldiers and Scrap Metal at 800 points each. That would attract a lot more buyers IMO. It's hard for me to justify $15 each for those two.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That video got me somewhat interested in Toy Soldiers, but not enough that I'm blowing $15 on it.

[quote name='crunchewy']Hmm. I though Game Room was free and the games were 400 points each (dual license).[/QUOTE]

Can someone explain what dual license means?

[quote name='Warlock82']Can someone explain what dual license means?[/QUOTE]

For 240pts you can get 1 License PC (GFWL) or 360
For 400pts you get both.

or for 40pts you can play it just once.

On a side note Game Room has 60 achievements for 1000pts. Most are tied to medals (time spent in games, high scores etc).

Toy Soldiers interested me when they demoed it before, and Scrap Metal a nice addition, but the demos will have to wow me for me to bite @ $15.

Also I'm hoping the 1 month free is worldwide. I will of course keep you guys updated

[quote name='reddjoey']For 240pts you can get 1 License PC (GFWL) or 360
For 400pts you get both.

or for 40pts you can play it just once.

On a side note Game Room has 60 achievements for 1000pts. Most are tied to medals (time spent in games, high scores etc).

Toy Soldiers interested me when they demoed it before, and Scrap Metal a nice addition, but the demos will have to wow me for me to bite @ $15.

Also I'm hoping the 1 month free is worldwide. I will of course keep you guys updated[/QUOTE]

So what's a license then? I don't really understand that. What are you paying for? Do you get every arcade game in there for 240/400 points? I was under the impression you had to buy each one..

[quote name='Warlock82']So what's a license then? I don't really understand that. What are you paying for? Do you get every arcade game in there for 240/400 points? I was under the impression you had to buy each one..[/QUOTE]

I am similarly confused...

From what I can tell, purchasing a license for a specific game means you get to play that game as many times as you want. A single license means you choose to buy that game for either the 360 OR the pc, but not both. A dual license lets you play it on both the 360 and pc as long as you're on the same gamertag?

The main hub game for Game Room is free, much like the Hasbro Family Game Night hub. There's 3 options when playing a game in Game Room. You can either pay 40 points each time you want to play it, like you would have to do in a real arcade. You can pay 240 points to buy the game for unlimited plays on Xbox Live or Games for Windows Live. You can pay 400 points to buy the game for unlimited plays on both Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live. These are all on a per game basis. So if there's 5 games you want to play, you have to pay for each one separately.

[quote name='spree4567']The main hub game for Game Room is free, much like the Hasbro Family Game Night hub. There's 3 options when playing a game in Game Room. You can either pay 40 points each time you want to play it, like you would have to do in a real arcade. You can pay 240 points to buy the game for unlimited plays on Xbox Live or Games for Windows Live. You can pay 400 points to buy the game for unlimited plays on both Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live. These are all on a per game basis. So if there's 5 games you want to play, you have to pay for each one separately.[/QUOTE]

Eww.. so $3 for say, classic Pacman? How is that a good price?

I think it should cost 40 points to buy them, and like 5 points for a single play... that'd make more sense to me...
who's gonna pay 40 points for a single play, that's just abserd(sp). only way i'd pay to play these was with left over change, like back in the day. so 5-10 points for a single play to mess around, i'd be all in. 40 points for a single play? pass. game room is just a ripoff straight up

Just saw this on Twitter...
[quote name='@georgeb3dr']The week of Feb 22nd, you will be able to buy Duke Nukem 3D for 400 pts on XBLA's Deal of the Week.[/QUOTE]
Normally 800pts, so 50% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back