Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
i just noticed my 800 ea points as well, looks like the bf1943 and both mass effect dlc, all at sale prices worked.

Not to derail the thread, but does it frustrate anyone else just how many titles have refused to budge in price? The following is my personal running list of titles that I would buy instantly if they dropped the price by 50%...

0Day Attack on Earth
Axel & Pixel
Band of Bugs
Banjo Tooie
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Chime
Darwinia+
Defense Grid: The Awakening
The Dishwasher
Droplitz
Exit 2
Flock
Gin Rummy
Greed Corp
Gunstar Heroes
Gyromancer
Hearts
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos
Jetpac Refuelled
Lode Runner
Megaman 9
Meteos Wars
Military Madness
Minesweeper
Misadventures of Mr. Winterbottom
Omega Five
Peggle
Poker Smash
Puzzle Quest Expansion
Prince of Persia
Roogoo
Sam & Max Seasons
Ticket to Ride
Triggerheart Excelcia
Vandal Hearts
Wallace & Grommit Episodes

To my knowledge, none of those have ever been discounted on XBLA... sigh...

Edit: And yes, lol, I'm aware that Greed Corp came out today... as I said, it's a running list ;)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']To my knowledge, none of those have ever been discounted on XBLA... sigh...
[/QUOTE]Not that you don't have a point, but seeing something like Chime on your list is kinda maddening. It's 400 points and half of that goes to charity and you want it cheaper :/

Anyways, to give you an answer, MS has always been overly concerned about protecting pricepoints. It's basically the same with how they discourage free DLC so as to not make charged DLC seem a ripoff. More than that, it's very easy for a sale price to overshadow a new release because of how set the release schedule is.

But yes: Whoo @ EA not ripping everyone off with their sale.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']To my knowledge, none of those have ever been discounted on XBLA... sigh...
[/QUOTE]

Actually, Lode Runner and Prince of Persia have been discounted at one time. That's when I grabbed Prince of Persia. Lode Runner has actually been twice if you count the mess up on release date. Also, some of the games you listed are fairly new games; give it some time. You will see some show up.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Not to derail the thread, but does it frustrate anyone else just how many titles have refused to budge in price? The following is my personal running list of titles that I would buy instantly if they dropped the price by 50%...
[/QUOTE]

For any game that is 400 pts: That's the lowest threshold for XBLA games since launch. They likely won't ever go on sale.

Chime: Not only is it 400 points, but 60% of the publisher's profit goes to charity; there is absolutely no reason not to pick it up now if you are interested.

Peggle was DotW in November '09 for 400 points.

Also, I'm looking into clarity on the free month of live in April

Lode Runner - Yep, although it's gone down in price twice, it's never dropped below 800. I felt the game was overpriced at 1200 in the firstplace, so I'm waiting on a sub-800 price... which I acknowledge may never come.

Prince of Persia - That's totally depressing :( I honestly never knew it dropped in price on XBLA.

Peggle - Yeah.... I was out of the country when it went on sale :(

Chime - As I said in the post, it's just a running list of XBLA titles that I want but haven't pulled the trigger on. Chime is cheap enough that I'll eventually grab it even without a sale.

My point was simply that there are so many titles that Microsoft could discount to get an instant purchase from me... it just bugs me when I see avatar items and games going on sale multiple times (ala MvC2 and Battlefiled).

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Lode Runner - Yep, although it's gone down in price twice, it's never dropped below 800. I felt the game was overpriced at 1200 in the firstplace, so I'm waiting on a sub-800 price... which I acknowledge may never come.

Prince of Persia - That's totally depressing :( I honestly never knew it dropped in price on XBLA.

Peggle - Yeah.... I was out of the country when it went on sale :(

Chime - As I said in the post, it's just a running list of XBLA titles that I want but haven't pulled the trigger on. Chime is cheap enough that I'll eventually grab it even without a sale.

My point was simply that there are so many titles that Microsoft could discount to get an instant purchase from me... it just bugs me when I see avatar items and games going on sale multiple times (ala MvC2 and Battlefiled).[/QUOTE]

I gathered that the rest was a nod to the feeling that some content was overpriced. Sadly, 400 point games are a rarity these days (some speculate is so that they can max out profits by selling it at a higher price point, then put it on sale for less and catch those on the fence at the higher price).

I'm glad some big titles go on sale a couple times, in case you miss it the first time, or to add/refresh the user base, but it would be nice if they were a second or third offer in the same week. I hope MS (and other publishers) get smart and us XBLA sales as a promotion tool. SotN DotW when the new Castlevania hits retail. New Map-Pack for CoD, old one is on sale, avatar crap, etc.

I know some people are saying the upcoming sale is crappy, but as the consumer base grows, MS must appease a more diverse group of people. I'd expect a few more stinkers before they catch on.

Also made it more clear about the free month of LIVE
--Fulfill the 400pt rebate and Be a Gold subscriber on April 30th, 2010 and Get 1-month Gold Free.
I jumped a bit and didn't read the fine, despite posting it

I bet Darwinia+ will go on sale at some point. It just came out, but it seems like the kind of game they'll discount eventually.

[quote name='tigerpants']i just noticed my 800 ea points as well, looks like the bf1943 and both mass effect dlc, all at sale prices worked.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Ended up a killer deal. 560 pt BF1943 + 240 pt Pinnacle Station + 240 pt Bring Down the Sky - 800 pts back = 240 pts TOTAL. Awesome.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Anyone get back the 400 point email thing yet?[/QUOTE]

are you talking about the buy 1600pts or more get 400pts promo a few weeks back? someone was kind enough to send me the email link, so i redeemed my 1600pt card. still waiting on it, but kind of losing hope that ms will not honor it)

[quote name='frpilot']are you talking about the buy 1600pts or more get 400pts promo a few weeks back? someone was kind enough to send me the email link, so i redeemed my 1600pt card. still waiting on it, but kind of losing hope that ms will not honor it)[/QUOTE]

someone forwarded it to you? idk if it'll work.. i did it too but the bottom of the e-mail says it will take a while to get back to you. whatever, it's not like i wasn't gonna buy the 1600 anyways.

[quote name='FiendCameron']Castlevania and Sam & Max are on my "WANT TO GO ON SALE RIGHT fuckING NOW MICROSOFT" list. And these upcoming deals are lame as hell.[/QUOTE]

Get the PC seasons of Sam & Max. Not only are they likely surperior in control scheme with new episodes released in a much timelier manner, but they go on sale all the time :p

[quote name='Warlock82']Get the PC seasons of Sam & Max. Not only are they likely surperior in control scheme with new episodes released in a much timelier manner, but they go on sale all the time :p[/QUOTE]

i already have them on PC. i just wanna replay them from my couch ;)

Say, does anyone know what email address I should send a message to if it looks like I never got my 800 point rebate from that EA deal? The contact form on Xbox.com seems like its just for questions regarding a broken system.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Say, does anyone know what email address I should send a message to if it looks like I never got my 800 point rebate from that EA deal? The contact form on Xbox.com seems like its just for questions regarding a broken system.[/QUOTE]

Start with @XboxSupport on twitter. EA's Customer Service is horrible

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Not to derail the thread, but does it frustrate anyone else just how many titles have refused to budge in price? The following is my personal running list of titles that I would buy instantly if they dropped the price by 50%...
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I want more discounts on more XBLA stuff, or even some DLC, but stuff like discounts on avatar stuff or themes is just so MEH.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']I like where you get 1 month free of Live when you buy all 3 Block Party titles (plus the 400 points). hmmm....[/QUOTE]
:cry:
op's title mislead me here for a free month, then i realized what i had to do to get the free month.

i call bait and switch!

Looking forward to Mega Man 10 on the 31st. I'm fully prepared for one daunting, unforgiving game just like Mega Man 9...

Game Room should be fun, but I don't know if there's anything that's a must buy. Might just get one so I can play on the PC and 360.

And also looking forward to Final Fight: Double Impact. I like seeing new games arrive on XBLA but it's always good seeing some old arcade classics like this one being released for the service as well.

[quote name='cRodz']:cry:
op's title mislead me here for a free month, then i realized what i had to do to get the free month.

i call bait and switch![/QUOTE]

Sorry for the confusion. It's not easy with the character limit trying to get info out there to prevent multiple threads. Plus, keeping up with fine print.

I changed it for ya

[quote name='br26']And also looking forward to Final Fight Double Impact. I like seeing new games arrive on XBLA but it's always good seeing some old arcade classics like this one being released for the service as well.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I like Final Fight and all, but I'm totally getting FF: DI for Magic Sword. One of my favs from back in the day. I wish WOTC and Capcom would realize that they could print money by getting the D&D arcade games on Live/PSN.

[quote name='Trakan']Pretty sad when the deal of the week is avatar clothes.[/QUOTE]

Even worse when the price doesn't really qualify as any more of a "deal" than any of the other virtual clothing/costumes.

[quote name='Trakan']Pretty sad when the deal of the week is avatar clothes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this really is the worst.

I've bought a few things because of the Deal of the Week sales. But sorry... I will never pay for virtual avatar clothes no matter how cheap they may be. Waste of money.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Agreed. I like Final Fight and all, but I'm totally getting FF: DI for Magic Sword. One of my favs from back in the day. I wish WOTC and Capcom would realize that they could print money by getting the D&D arcade games on Live/PSN.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! Another CAG who loves Magic Sword AND who loved D&D Arcade? :applause:

Man that Sega Saturn D&D collection is one of the few reasons I still have my Sega Saturn up and running. That is an amazing beat-em up series and I'd LOVE to see that on Xbox Live with online gameplay. Bad ass. :bouncy:

Have the COD WAW map bundle ever been cheaper than 2000 points?
I remember them lowering the price when MW2 came out.

Avatar clothes for a DotW? Seriously?

More like Deal of the Weak. Yeah, that's right, somebody had to come out and say that terrible pun. I'll look on the brightside though, at least MS won't be running any deals I need to spend money/time on when I get FFXIII.

[quote name='JJSP']Bioshock - $29.99
Civ Rev - $29.99
Prey - $19.99
MX v ATV - $29.99
Saint's Row - $29.99

I assume that these are post-discount? If Bioshock or Civ came down to a Steamish-price (I'm thinking somewhere near $15/1200pts), I'd be all over it. At $30 and no physical copy to actually "own", no chance. Portal is the same as the included version on The Orange Box, no? I'm pretty sure you can get a used copy of The Orange Box for roughly $15, and it'd come with Half Life + expansions and Team Fortress.[/QUOTE]
I agree

i believe that the Games on Demand in Xbox Live had potential, but Microsoft IS Microsoft.

We will never see the similar crazy deals that Steam had on their games on December and November 2009 in Microsoft's Xbox Live Games on Demand. Ever. :cry:

I think the March DotW's will be stinkers, so as to not take away from Block Party title sales. Look at the last few sales and the effect it had on the marketplace numbers. If a game is on sale it shoots into a top 5 purchase. When you are launching big games likes this, you don't want anything taking away from sales (also I do believe MS gets a bigger piece of the pie on newer titles than older ones that go on sale and have sold over x number of copies)

[quote name='destro4eva']Yeah! Another CAG who loves Magic Sword AND who loved D&D Arcade? :applause:

Man that Sega Saturn D&D collection is one of the few reasons I still have my Sega Saturn up and running. That is an amazing beat-em up series and I'd LOVE to see that on Xbox Live with online gameplay. Bad ass. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I had to get rid of my import Saturn and D&D Collection about 5 years ago to buy wedding rings, I don't regret it, but I do miss the games. An Xbox Live ready version of Tower of Doom or Shadow over Mystara makes me want to do bad things to members of Capcom and WOTC to get it done. At this point I'd settle for King of Dragons. :)

[quote name='destro4eva']Off topic kind of: Has Mega Man 9 ever dropped in price?[/QUOTE]

No, but I am hoping for a surprise deal either right around or shortly after Mega Man 10. I love Mega Man, but never had the points/cash when it came out and never went back to get it.

[quote name='cRodz']I agree

i believe that the Games on Demand in Xbox Live had potential, but Microsoft IS Microsoft.[/QUOTE]
Why are you quoting a post from January? Those weren't the post-price drop amounts, they're down to $20/1600 points. Plus, Microsoft just had a GFW Games on Demand sale with Batman: Arkham Asylum for $12.50/1000 points. It's not that impossible to have nice prices on their Games on Demand.

I refuse to ever buy a games on demand. I've bought things on steam (for epic low prices) and I don't have a problem with it. But when I can get a disk version cheaper, i'll take that any day. I wouldn't mind Games on demand, but it's overprice and what happens when the new xbox comes out? My PC can play the original Half Life games I originally installed steam for, where the future is not assured for a new MS console.

[quote name='WTFer']Have the COD WAW map bundle ever been cheaper than 2000 points?
I remember them lowering the price when MW2 came out.[/QUOTE]

I think they had MP1 and MP2 (not sure about MP3) on sale for 400pts shortly before MW2. They might have had a sale on the bundle too, I don't remember.

[quote name='Nico0020']I refuse to ever buy a games on demand. I've bought things on steam (for epic low prices) and I don't have a problem with it. But when I can get a disk version cheaper, i'll take that any day. I wouldn't mind Games on demand, but it's overprice and what happens when the new xbox comes out? My PC can play the original Half Life games I originally installed steam for, where the future is not assured for a new MS console.[/QUOTE]

Games for Windows Live is pretty much the same as Steam. It's just Microsoft's version (and it integrates into Xbox Live). GFWL isn't going away because Microsoft released the Xbox 720 or whatever.

For the 360 Games on Demand thing specifically, it's still going to be tied to your Live account. The only way you wouldn't be able to play that is if the next Xbox was somehow *not* backwards compatible (but then, you wouldn't be able to play your disk version either).

[quote name='Skoad']Why are you quoting a post from January? Those weren't the post-price drop amounts, they're down to $20/1600 points. Plus, Microsoft just had a GFW Games on Demand sale with Batman: Arkham Asylum for $12.50/1000 points. It's not that impossible to have nice prices on their Games on Demand.[/QUOTE]

PM me when MS decides to release a nice title like Arkham asylum on Xbox Live (not Games for Windows) for 12.50.

i will be waiting.

Nice, looking to be a good month, too bad the FF13 LE Console is gonna leave me fairly strapped for cash XD. Charged just enough for Toy Soldiers and Perfect Dark, may get Scrap Metal if its any good so i can get the rebate

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back