Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingBroly']Game Packs 1 & 2 are free. They might not be now, though as there's something wrong with Game Room atm. You have to download them from your console while you're in Game Room. Hit the Guide button, then left. It should appear at the bottom of the blades. Now once you download Pack 1, do the same for Pack 2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

The game packs just give you access to the games correct? You still have to pay if you want to play or own them? Still waiting for GameRoom to finish downloading.

I am almost certain that is how it'll work. There's an issue with the game connecting to Live, so for now you can go offline to mess around the room and get a few achievements.

big FAIL, turned on the unit at 6am, excited to check this game room out. at first the panel defaulted to 'dress up your avatar' so I had to exit out of that (all those items should be free anyway) Finally got to download the 279mb game room, saw the 2 game pack add-ons in the dash. Went into the game room, 'you must have games installed' pop-up comes up, just has 'more details' nothing else. I did not try to download the game packs back out in the dash. If they were free due to a glitch I will be pissed!!

[quote name='hoi1ma']i wonder if any of the 10 april 1st xbla deal will be price at 401ms pts.[/QUOTE]

Watch it be 10 copies of Aegis Wing at that price :p

[quote name='Jaysonguy']The 360 issues have been fixed for a few hours now because I've been playing the games[/QUOTE]

Then why are multiple people across multiple message boards reporting that nothing is working, except a laundry list of disconnecting from live, etc etc? That isn't a fix. It's a workaround. The game room is still broken.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Then why are multiple people across multiple message boards reporting that nothing is working, except a laundry list of disconnecting from live, etc etc? That isn't a fix. It's a workaround. The game room is still broken.[/QUOTE]

It's now fixed. Let the wallet raping commence!

[quote name='panda911']As of 11:30 EST, game packs 1 and 2 are still free, not sure if it's intended or not.[/QUOTE]
It is intended. You download the game packs to add them to your store and make them available to play in a friend's arcade.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It's now fixed. Let the wallet raping commence![/QUOTE]

yeah it's safe to say I won't be buying anything in this game room thing, 240pts per game? no thanks

ok guys won 400 pts from the t-mobile text contest. The only fallout dlc I don't have is mothership zeta. Spend the 400 for that or save it for something else? Read the reviews for it and they didnt seem great. Also havent even touched op anchorage or the Pitt yet.

[quote name='monkeystud']ok guys won 400 pts from the t-mobile text contest. The only fallout dlc I don't have is mothership zeta. Spend the 400 for that or save it for something else? Read the reviews for it and they didnt seem great. Also havent even touched op anchorage or the Pitt yet.[/QUOTE]

It's still a pretty good time, not as great as Broken Steel or Point Lookout, but it is really fun. The Alien disintegrator weapon is a nice addition to have in your arsenal too. Anchorage is the worst of the bunch so save that till last.

And those points were free? Then you have no excuse! Get the DLC! :lol:

[quote name='destro4eva']
And those points were free? Then you have no excuse! Get the DLC! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hear that and when I saw the price I was gonna bite...then again I got RE5 from target and could use the dlc there which is only 400 pts a pop too...

Guess I'm just waiting for something good to come out on arcade for sale.

I got Fallout 3 through the Gameday sale at GS, so I got Mothership Zeta, Broken Steele, and Point Lookout. I'll get the other 2.......maybe later.

[quote name='GenPirate']What movie is his signature from?[/QUOTE]

It's from Hot Fuzz. Man, I've temporarily derailed multiple threads from people asking about my sig, haha.

[quote name='monkeystud']Yeah I hear that and when I saw the price I was gonna bite...then again I got RE5 from target and could use the dlc there which is only 400 pts a pop too...

Guess I'm just waiting for something good to come out on arcade for sale.[/QUOTE]

Well that's a good issue to have, RE DLC or Fallout DLC? You're a winner either way really.

Personally I'd go for the Fallout ones, much longer and more bang for your space bucks but for sure get the RE ones when you get a chance. The 2nd RE one with Jill & Josh is pretty awesome.

And yes, Hot Fuss is damn good. Simon Pegg might be the next Kevin Smith, 1st two films great, rest turds.

downloaded broken steel,point lookout,and mothership zeta yesterday.really great prices for the fallout 3 dlc.

FYI, I don't know if its been mentioned here, but Broken Steel will/could be glitched and unpassable if Point Lookout is downloaded. You'll fall through a roof in Broken Steel if you already have Point Lookout downloaded. Just make sure you save a lot in that big open area, especially while collecting the steel ingots. Just delete Point Lookout and reinstall it once you've finished Broken Steel.
More info here; http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/fallout3/answers.html?qid=81892

does anyone recomend cyber troopers or geometry war for their sale price? geamotry wars looks alright for 400 points.

You mean the roof in the DLC The Pitt. Yes, save often in the Steel Yard. I had to do the exit the game and reload and eventually made it by without deleting Point Lookout, but it was a hassle.

Here's the definitive order in which you should care about the Fallout 3 DLC:

Broken Steel (extends the story, raises the level cap to 30)
Point Lookout
Mothership Zeta
Operation Anchorage
The Pitt

AWESOME! if you guys love Street Fighter II, you MUST get HD Remix, its probably gonna be just 800 MS points, but its SO WORTH IT! ill even help break you into the game and show you how to be good with characters.

I main with Balrog (Boxer), T. Hawk, Dhalsim, Zangief, and Guile (Yes i really have 5 main guys that im beast with) And my 2nd's are Ryu, Ken, E-Honda & Chun Li.

[quote name='jab1235']does anyone recomend cyber troopers or geometry war for their sale price? geamotry wars looks alright for 400 points.[/QUOTE]

Depends on your tastes, I thought Geometry Wars 2 was brilliant at 800pts, so 400 would be, like, really brilliant. I give special appreciation to the achievements. I normally don't pay much attention to achievements, but they were really well thought out in this game to push you to play the game modes in a different and challenging way. Very, very enjoyable game.

Geometry Wars 2 for 400 points is a steal. However, I recommend you try the demo to see if a twin stick shooter fits your taste.

Cyber Troopers was a pass for me, simply because I grew out of it and didn't want to spend the time relearning tank controls + fighting.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Depends on your tastes, I thought Geometry Wars 2 was brilliant at 800pts, so 400 would be, like, really brilliant. I give special appreciation to the achievements. I normally don't pay much attention to achievements, but they were really well thought out in this game to push you to play the game modes in a different and challenging way. Very, very enjoyable game.[/QUOTE]
latly i've been doing alot of achievements because i've been borde so its nice that they have well thought out achievements.

[quote name='reddjoey']Geometry Wars 2 for 400 points is a steal. However, I recommend you try the demo to see if a twin stick shooter fits your taste.

Cyber Troopers was a pass for me, simply because I grew out of it and didn't want to spend the time relearning tank controls + fighting.[/QUOTE]
i do like twin stick shooters and have played the demo a while ago i think, i think it might have been of the first game though.
i guess theres another sale i can look foreward too! thanks for your help!

Haven't checked the arcade sale yet today, but for people thinking it's a joke, it wouldn't make sense (to me) to do an april fool's joke on a day that isn't april fools day as I think I mentioned one already. Myself, I wouldn't worry about it.

Well, I can almost guarantee a deal on Perfect Dark, Shadow Complex, and Banjo-Tooie... seeing as how I just bought all three last week and shit always goes on sale soon after I buy something...

[quote name='drawingboard']FYI, I don't know if its been mentioned here, but Broken Steel will/could be glitched and unpassable if Point Lookout is downloaded. You'll fall through a roof in Broken Steel if you already have Point Lookout downloaded. Just make sure you save a lot in that big open area, especially while collecting the steel ingots. Just delete Point Lookout and reinstall it once you've finished Broken Steel.
More info here; http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/fallout3/answers.html?qid=81892[/QUOTE]

Wierd i never had a problem when i beat it long ago on a older tag. I plan on buying the GOTY edition which has them all on it so i have to do it again. I bet they all install at once.

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']AWESOME! if you guys love Street Fighter II, you MUST get HD Remix, its probably gonna be just 800 MS points, but its SO WORTH IT! ill even help break you into the game and show you how to be good with characters.

I main with Balrog (Boxer), T. Hawk, Dhalsim, Zangief, and Guile (Yes i really have 5 main guys that im beast with) And my 2nd's are Ryu, Ken, E-Honda & Chun Li.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i will finally get SSF2HD once it drops to 800, but im really waiting for SSF4.

[quote name='drawingboard']FYI, I don't know if its been mentioned here, but Broken Steel will/could be glitched and unpassable if Point Lookout is downloaded. You'll fall through a roof in Broken Steel if you already have Point Lookout downloaded. Just make sure you save a lot in that big open area, especially while collecting the steel ingots. Just delete Point Lookout and reinstall it once you've finished Broken Steel.
More info here; http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/fallout3/answers.html?qid=81892[/QUOTE]
the pit, not broken steel. i've heard that a ton of the pit is glitch and some unplayable.

sorry if this has been covered, but I was looking over the OP..to get 400 points back, buy all 4 Block Party titles by 3/31..well, do you really buy Game Room? I mean I downloaded it, I've already got achievements in it, but haven't bought one game inside the 'room' yet. Does just downloading count as 'buying'? (for gameroom only)

if this is true, may seriously consider getting Scrap Metal & Toy Soldiers since I already got Perfect Dark on day one..

do you know if i delete it can i just reinstall it without any cost if i have already bought them from xbox live marketplace?

[quote name='token2k6']sorry if this has been covered, but I was looking over the OP..to get 400 points back, buy all 4 Block Party titles by 3/31..well, do you really buy Game Room? I mean I downloaded it, I've already got achievements in it, but haven't bought one game inside the 'room' yet. Does just downloading count as 'buying'? (for gameroom only)

if this is true, may seriously consider getting Scrap Metal & Toy Soldiers since I already got Perfect Dark on day one..[/QUOTE]

The gameroom itself is a free download and it does count as far as I know.

For the deal on Banjo-Tooie and all that, I'll do ya one better. Trials HD is going on sale (I bought it within the past month or so). ALWAYS happens.

[quote name='token2k6']sorry if this has been covered, but I was looking over the OP..to get 400 points back, buy all 4 Block Party titles by 3/31..well, do you really buy Game Room? I mean I downloaded it, I've already got achievements in it, but haven't bought one game inside the 'room' yet. Does just downloading count as 'buying'? (for gameroom only)

if this is true, may seriously consider getting Scrap Metal & Toy Soldiers since I already got Perfect Dark on day one..[/QUOTE]

They said all you had to do was d/l Game Room, not purchase any games in it. Spoiler has legal info from Xbox.com

"Purchase all three games: Toy Soldiers, Scrap Metal, Perfect Dark, and download the free Game Room app before March 31, 2010 11:59p m EST, and receive 400 Microsoft® Points – FREE!
As a bonus, all current Gold members as of April 30, 2010 that fulfill this offer will also receive 1 month of Gold for FREE! Limit one (1) of each gift per person. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase all three (3) games from Xbox LIVE Arcade and download the free Game Room app using your Xbox LIVE account, by March 31, 2010 11:59 EST.
To qualify for the bonus month of Gold, you must have a current Gold account (sold separately) as of April 30, 2010. The free Points and 1 month of Gold will automatically be deposited into your Xbox LIVE account after the end of the promotion period. Please allow 4 weeks for delivery – on or around April 30, 2010. Offer available only to legal residents, age 13 plus, of all global regions that support Xbox LIVE, while supplies last, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other rebate or offer. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient."

I haven't seen any info yet and with PAX going on this past weekend, Major Nelson going on vacation, I think it might be a bit before we find out. Rest assured that when I find out, I will update.

thanks redjoey for filling me in on the official rules..I guess it all comes down to laziness (on my part :lol:)

looks like I will be getting the other two titles tonight!

[quote name='yotis']do you know if i delete it can i just reinstall it without any cost if i have already bought them from xbox live marketplace?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can delete it and just redownload it again later after playing the PITT. If you delete Point Lookout you will lose any perks you gained there I'm pretty sure, not sure about gear though.

I just beat point lookout while having all the DLC installed and i didn't come across ANY glitches. Did you experience a glitch or only hear of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back