Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
Sale price for Virtual-On is finally live. I hate how sales often make me want to buy games I'd never buy otherwise.

Have to try Virtual-On when I get home. Don't think its a type of game I like though.
I think I am going to wait til after the 1st to purchase if I do though because I only have 2400 points and really don't want to buy another point card. Want to see those other deals they are having then.

I'm hoping MS puts Banjo Kazooie on sale. I've got 800 points in my account specifically for a deal on that game.

[quote name='NutManIV']I'm hoping MS puts Banjo Kazooie on sale. I've got 800 points in my account specifically for a deal on that game.[/QUOTE]

Waiting for Tooie myself. heres hoping!

[quote name='Metalic']Waiting for Tooie myself. heres hoping![/QUOTE]

Yah I am too I got kazooie for free with nuts and bolts and really want to play tooie just not for $15 lol.

Are there enough VO:OT players that it is easy to get into an online game of VO:OT? I played this game all the time in the arcades, but since the XBLA version doesn't have split-screen, my only hope is online matches.

[quote name='VidPower']Are there enough VO:OT players that it is easy to get into an online game of VO:OT? I played this game all the time in the arcades, but since the XBLA version doesn't have split-screen, my only hope is online matches.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if the online is universal or not but VO:OT is pretty big in japan. So youll atleast have them owning people :lol:

[quote name='Dr Geo']I just beat point lookout while having all the DLC installed and i didn't come across ANY glitches. Did you experience a glitch or only hear of it?[/QUOTE]

The glitch is IN THE PITT in the Steel Yard if you have Point Lookout also installed. When you go more vertical in search of ingots you can encounter a roof you may fall through in several places ( I ran into two different spots). I got by saving on the stairs or ladder whatever it was and exiting the game and restarting from the save a few times and make it through.

Didn't have to uninstall Point Lookout, but others seem to have had to do so to get past the glitch.

[quote name='reddjoey']FYI: I just got the 400 point rebate from the EA email/offer: buy 1000 get 400.[/QUOTE]

What the, was this the email with the FO3 background? I never gotten my 400 from that

[quote name='Diebythesword']What the, was this the email with the FO3 background? I never gotten my 400 from that[/QUOTE]

I got the EA one instead of the FO one, but they came out at the same time.

EDIT:I have honestly lost track of all the rebates I'm due

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone played virtual-on.. how good is it? Is it JUST multiplayer?i cant find reviews on too many reputable sites (ign and gamespot don't have one)

they remade the dreamcast game, oratario tangram. It was nay impossible to find a twin-stick for the game which was in all the arcades. Having dual analogs makes the game almost as good as the arcade. Its like a robot fighting game, but with guns. Very nice.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']has anyone played virtual-on.. how good is it? Is it JUST multiplayer?i cant find reviews on too many reputable sites (ign and gamespot don't have one)[/QUOTE]

It is not multiplayer only. It is very arcade-y (because it was an arcade game) in that in regular arcade mode you play 10 back to back matches against other robots. Most matches last around 60 seconds and are very fast paced. The difficulty can be unfair at times because it was designed to make people keep putting quarters in. The controls take getting used to because in the arcade it had two large joysticks that you used to control your mech. (This is probably the easiest to control console version)

Still (it could just be nostalgia talking), I think 800 points is a fair price, especially if your into fast paced arcade games.

[quote name='GUNNM']who's staying up till 3 am today for mega man 10?[/QUOTE]

Not me, though I admire your resolve ;)

I'm eager to see the ten sale games announced... sale starts in just two days.

Finally an excuse to get Virtual-On. Kinda been waiting on a DC copy for local multiplayer, but this will be okay. This was one of my favorite games when I was younger, it was the closest thing me and my friends had to a GOOD Gundam game.

That South Park game was fantastic. I am really considering picking it up at the sale price.

The question now is this - what are the other games?

My friend stayed in Japan for a year and learned to play VO at a competitive level. I knew it was a strong competitive game but the way he played when he came back just blew me away. It can take a while to learn the complexities of the game but once you have it down, the game is very fast paced and fun. There are dash-cancels, jump-cancels, special-cancels, etc. I was really impressed and had no idea that it was played like that.

South Park is originally 800 points so I assume it'll be 400? If so I'm all over that one as I've almost bought it 5 times for the 800. With Mega Man 10 coming out I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 9 for 400 points too.

[quote name='chankk']Im hoping for Geometry Wars 2, Castle Crashers and South Park for this 10 game sale.[/QUOTE]

castle crashers was just 560 points a few months ago!

How much you want to bet everybody's going to buy MM10 on day 1 tomorrow only to find it on sale the next day.

[quote name='JStryke']How much you want to bet everybody's going to buy MM10 on day 1 tomorrow only to find it on sale the next day.[/QUOTE]

That won't happen

[quote name='JStryke']How much you want to bet everybody's going to buy MM10 on day 1 tomorrow only to find it on sale the next day.[/QUOTE]
what?

I was joking anyways. I figured that was obvious, but knowing how my luck can be, it wouldn't be surprising. :razz:

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I'm hoping for some of the more obscure XBLA games to be part of the 10 titles 4/1 sale. Those never drop.[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like their Christmas sale, it'll be games that have been released in the past year. It would be great if Castle Crashers was part of the sale.

As for Mega Man 10, is it 3 am or 7 am est usually when the games are added? Thinking of getting up whenever it is, just so it'll download quicker(cause I know it'll take longer if I do it during daytime).

[quote name='GUNNM']3 am central imma try and stay up that long
5 more hours to go[/QUOTE]

isnt it 4am central?

dang, no way i'm staying up...too tired :(

Honestly can't think of anything I'd actually want right now. Went through all the games recently and can't think of anything to add to my collection. A few years ago I would have liked virtual on, but I have it on dreamcast, with twin sticks and VS cable lol, so I am set when it comes to that.

I'd like to see trigger heart go on sale one day, but thats all I can think of.

But there are MANY arcade games that deserve to be put on "arcade hits" with a final discounted price. But a sale is at least in the right direction.

It is 4am central, because it's always 5 am for me(eastern). Waited up recently for game room and before that PB winterbottom.

Castle crashers would be cool, I always wanted it and I finally got a torx wrench in and fixed my second controller for a friend. Can't wait to see everything up for sale, I have a bunch of points coming in the mail this week.

from the list provided they are games that I already have and some of them have been on sale previously. I was hoping they would add Alien Breed ep1 or something different for once instead of castle crashers, street fighter or other games that have had their chance in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back