Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a number of games from this sale that previously I was on the fence about. I already had SFIIHDR and Defense Grid so I picked up:

South Park

Rocket Riot (I must have missed this one when it came out because I didn't know it existed. It's a bit cheezy but addicting, kept me up too late last night)

Age of Booty

I may still pick up:

Mad Tracks (I know most will say gripshift is better but if I buy a game like this it will be for 4-player same/split screen play. I loved Masted/Drive to Survive for Xbox and have been looking for a replacement. Anyone have opinions on this game?)

W&G (A bit interested but not huge on adventure games. I'd buy it if it were Sam and Max.)

Decided to pass on:

Lumines (I overplayed it @ psp launch)

Schizoid (I'm kind of twin stick shootered out and I probably will end up getting GW2 next week. Can't justify another.)

Track and Field (seems like nostalgia in this case is best left alone)

[quote name='bredbu']as far as tower defense goes which is better defense grid or south park? i guess i could buy both, the only tower defense i ever played was field runners on my psp and thats super fun is either one like that?[/QUOTE]

Defense Grid has more depth and more stages. South Park, however, is multiplayer, very funny, and packed video clips to unlock.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']
As a massive South Park fan I am quite happy about this. If you're a tower defense fan and/or South Park fan you would have to be insane to not buy it for 5 dollars.[/QUOTE]

I kind of like the tower defense games but I detest South Park (I think it ceased being funny in like 2000 - it has lasted way longer than it should have) so I'll pass on that for sure. I don't even want a penny of my free virtual cash going to them ;). The comment about about "down with Hippies" above shows me the show hasn't changed one bit and is still using the same gags they did 10 years ago. But there's plenty of other stuff I'm gonna get - Defense Grid for one. I think one more tower defense game should be enough for now given that I have 2 on the PS3 I have yet to play! I have so many cheap MS points I will probably end up buying most of the sale games and adding them to my virtual backlog...

[quote name='bredbu']as far as tower defense goes which is better defense grid or south park? i guess i could buy both, the only tower defense i ever played was field runners on my psp and thats super fun is either one like that?[/QUOTE]

I played through defense grid on PC, it's the best tower defense grid game I've played. There is a lot of depth and strategy, a lot of ways to approach each level and control the paths.

I just started South Park last night, I found the first two levels somewhat tedious, I'm going to give it more time, but from what I've seen I can't imagine it being a better Tower Defense Game.

Defense Grid is the better TD by far. South Park is moar original imo, w/ the license adding some fun bits, both are well worth the $5, but DG is the more technically impressive of the two.

[quote name='io']I kind of like the tower defense games but I detest South Park (I think it ceased being funny in like 2000 - it has lasted way longer than it should have) so I'll pass on that for sure. I don't even want a penny of my free virtual cash going to them ;). The comment about about "down with Hippies" above shows me the show hasn't changed one bit and is still using the same gags they did 10 years ago. But there's plenty of other stuff I'm gonna get - Defense Grid for one. I think one more tower defense game should be enough for now given that I have 2 on the PS3 I have yet to play! I have so many cheap MS points I will probably end up buying most of the sale games and adding them to my virtual backlog...[/QUOTE]

South Park isn't as much as a funny show, but more clever now.
It has many different layers to it that there's some way you can find a click into it.

__

So anyone recommend Lumines? I hear it's bare bones, I'm thinking I should pass on it and save the points for Left 4 Dead 2 DLC.

[quote name='HDShadow']South Park isn't as much as a funny show, but more clever now.
It has many different layers to it that there's some way you can find a click into it.

__

So anyone recommend Lumines? I hear it's bare bones, I'm thinking I should pass on it and save the points for Left 4 Dead 2 DLC.[/QUOTE]

Get Qubed if you really want lumines.

http://www.amazon.com/Qubed-Xbox-36...TF8&coliid=I3T6EVG6MSMPW7&colid=1R29CM7RBYMRF

It has lumines with almost all the dlc,rez and every extend extra exreme.

Mmm so yeah, is SSF HD Remix Turbo gold etc etc worth the 560? The demo is crap, but I think it's messed up, because all it is is a low res version of old SF2. >,>

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is Rocket Riot more fun than the demo? I enjoy the concept of it all, but was sort of bored. Maybe multiplayer makes this worth the purchase?[/QUOTE]
I didn't like the demo either. It's like liero but with all the awesome sucked out of it. Damn I wish they made liero an xbla game...

[quote name='Masume']Mmm so yeah, is SSF HD Remix Turbo gold etc etc worth the 560? The demo is crap, but I think it's messed up, because all it is is a low res version of old SF2. >,>[/QUOTE]

It doesn't sound like it's for you. Also I wouldn't bother with it if I had to use a regular 360 pad, those things suck for just about anything 2d.

[quote name='Halo05']It doesn't sound like it's for you. Also I wouldn't bother with it if I had to use a regular 360 pad, those things suck for just about anything 2d.[/QUOTE]

...No man, I have a SF4 gamepad I won from the Gamestop SF4 tourney...so yeah, you could say SF games are for me. The demo though I think is borked, it's just a demo of SF2 for some reason, all low res.

Are you sure you're looking at the right Street Fighter game?

I haven't looked at the 360 demo, I got the PS3 version at full price right when it came out but unless there's some huge difference between them, I don't think you could confuse HD Remix with the earlier Street Fighter 2 Turbo on XBLA.

[quote name='Halo05']Are you sure you're looking at the right Street Fighter game?

I haven't looked at the 360 demo, I got the PS3 version at full price right when it came out but unless there's some huge difference between them, I don't think you could confuse HD Remix with the earlier Street Fighter 2 Turbo on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I know...no really, it DL's under HD Remix...freaking wierd. I know what it SHOULD look like, but what I get is SF2 turbo.

Anyways, between MvC 2, SF4 and soon SSF4, I debate if I'll even play it, but it looked pretty from the vids.

[quote name='Masume']...No man, I have a SF4 gamepad I won from the Gamestop SF4 tourney...so yeah, you could say SF games are for me. The demo though I think is borked, it's just a demo of SF2 for some reason, all low res.[/QUOTE]Try going into the options and making sure the sprites are HD. The game has an option that allows you to play with low-res sprites for all the hardcore purists out there that don't like the HD sprites.

Press Start in the middle of a match --> Help and Options --> Settings --> Game Settings --> make sure Graphic Style is set to HD and not Classic

[quote name='VidPower']Try going into the options and making sure the sprites are HD. The game has an option that allows you to play with low-res sprites for all the hardcore purists out there that don't like the HD sprites.

Press Start in the middle of a match --> Help and Options --> Settings --> Game Settings --> make sure Graphic Style is set to HD and not Classic[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that wasn't it either...weird, so I deleted and re-downloaded it again, and it was fine. I bought it anyways, I can't resist SF! So...dilemma solved. ;)

Yeah, I had no idea SFIITHDRemix was nearly unplayable with the regular 360 controller, so now I'm feeling like I spent 560 points to many on it.

[quote name='Kevlar281']I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on Age of Booty. Has anyone played it?[/QUOTE]I suggest trying out the demo if you haven't done so already. It's like a real-time strategy game, but played on hexagon tiles, and you only have control of one ship.

Anyway, yeah, I own this game. The singleplayer is kind of frustrating since you can't control your AI teammates, and this game is all about numbers. Even two ships sticking together could dominate the entire game if the other team just has a whole bunch of players just concentrating on themselves and not working together. Quite disappointing that the campaign isn't co-op; you can only do co-op skirmishes in this game. Even at 400 MSP, this game didn't blow me away.

[quote name='Kevlar281']I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on Age of Booty. Has anyone played it?[/QUOTE]

Don't get age of booty it is a pretty good game but The biggest part feature of the game (online multiplayer) is dead with just 2 or 3 experts playing sadly.

Just started playing Defense Grid, it's awesome. Well worth the 400pts. This is exactly the kind of game that works great on XBLA. Simple, but with depth and good graphics.

I went ahead and picked up:

South Park
Schizoid (wanted a game that is simplistic in controls and perfect for mutiplayer with the girlfriend)
Rocket Riot

Would have picked up Defense Grid at this price but bought it the day it launched.

Only bought Virtual-On, Schizoid and South Park. Really liked Defense Grid, but I already have it on steam and it reminded a little too much of Savage Moon, which I already own.
I would've gotten it if I hadn't of already bought it on steam during the holiday sale.

Bought Defense Grid, South park, rocket riot and age of booty. I was kinda hoping for Trials HD or winterbottom but oh well

In for Defense Grid, South Park, and Virtual On.

Never played the Dreamcast version but I seriously pwned on the Saturn's Cyber Troopers version. :cool:

[quote name='Cheapskate']Yeah, I had no idea SFIITHDRemix was nearly unplayable with the regular 360 controller, so now I'm feeling like I spent 560 points to many on it.[/QUOTE]

So buy a decent controller. Problem solved! You'll be able to play other fighting games in the future, and many XBLA games will control better too.

I recommend the Hori 360 Pad EX 2. It has the best d-pad of any 360 controller.
hori-pad-ex-turbo-2-xbox-360-wired-controller.jpg

The Madcatz FightPads are also decent.

[quote name='eastx']So buy a decent controller. Problem solved! You'll be able to play other fighting games in the future, and many XBLA games will control better too.

The Madcatz FightPads are also decent.[/QUOTE]

Not to hijack the thread but how are the sticks on the EX 2 pad? Is it doable as a full-on replacement for regular 360 pads for FPS'?

EDIT - Browsing Amazon reviews yields a hearty, "Yeah, kinda."

[quote name='eastx']So buy a decent controller. Problem solved! You'll be able to play other fighting games in the future, and many XBLA games will control better too.

The Madcatz FightPads are also decent.[/QUOTE]

do any come wireless??? wouldn't mind getting one for twenty bucks!

[quote name='Halo05']Not to hijack the thread but how are the sticks on the EX 2 pad? Is it doable as a full-on replacement for regular 360 pads for FPS'?

EDIT - Browsing Amazon reviews yields a hearty, "Yeah, kinda."[/QUOTE]

The sticks are a little too loose, so I wouldn't say they're as good as the official ones. The real point of the controller is the awesome d-pad and 6-button layout (it still has bumpers and triggers in the normal spots too). It'll work fine for other games that use analog sticks, but that's not its best use.

And no, it doesn't come in wireless. It's available in black, blue, and white (import only) though.

I believe I've read that only Microsoft's first-party-branded controllers are allowed wireless technology, so any other Xbox 360 controller will be wired.

In for South Park, Defense Grid and Age of Booty. I'm on the fence on Rocket Riot and Wallace and Gromit Ep. 1. I'll make a decision after I try out the trials.

How is Wallace and Grommit length wise? Still seems odd that all of the individual 4 episodes of Wallace and Grommit are 800pts (minus the first one) when you can get both seasons of Sam and Max as a bundle for only 1600s total/6 episodes each.

[quote name='bantheradio']I went ahead and picked up:

South Park
Schizoid (wanted a game that is simplistic in controls and perfect for mutiplayer with the girlfriend)
Rocket Riot

Would have picked up Defense Grid at this price but bought it the day it launched.[/QUOTE]

I got Defense Grid and Rocket Riot, and might pick up Schizoid for the same reasons as you, still debating South Park and Age of Booty, tried SP, and it wasn't really hooking me. Downloading Age Of Booty right now.

We got till the 7th right?

The South Park game is a very average TD game. The controls are not very good either (in my opinion) but as a South Park fan, the game is well worth the $5.

I tried playing the South Park demo 3 times and each time it locked up my 360 as I tried to select local match.

So I won't be buying that one.

I was playing the Age of Booty demo and tried going online and there was absolutely no one. Also the Mad Tracks and Track & Field demos were hilariously bad. So forget those lol.

I guess I'm in for Schizoid, Lumines and South Park.

On the fence with Defense Grid and Rocket Riot. Any reason to get Defense Grid over the PC version, and does anyone play Rocket Riot online?

Unrealevil I believe Defense Grid on 360 has extra levels that aren't in the PC game. Yet I have both and I prefer the PC version a bit, I s'pose.

Edit: I stand corrected.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']Unrealevil I believe Defense Grid on 360 has extra levels that aren't in the PC game. Yet I have both and I prefer the PC version a bit, I s'pose.[/QUOTE]

They released the extra levels on the PC (at least through Steam) about 2 months ago.

I tried to get Geometry Wars 2 and the price shows 400 but when I check out it is 800. Anyone else try it yet? I am at work so I went through xbox.com.

[quote name='sweeper1303']I tried to get Geometry Wars 2 and the price shows 400 but when I check out it is 800. Anyone else try it yet? I am at work so I went through xbox.com.[/QUOTE]

It takes time to become active. It's not an instant 12:01AM thing. Check back in a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back