Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sweeper1303']I tried to get Geometry Wars 2 and the price shows 400 but when I check out it is 800. Anyone else try it yet? I am at work so I went through xbox.com.[/QUOTE]

It's now active, but you have to be a Gold member to receive the discount.

[quote name='Mysterio']It's now active, but you have to be a Gold member to receive the discount.[/QUOTE]

I was able to go back in and get it for 400.

The Defense Grid demo was a lot of fun, the computer AI voice sounds very much like Sgt RL-3. (but less annoying) but I'll be passing on the deals, too many good titles comes out soon and these pts are going towards DLC.

I hate this whole point system. I have 240 points left from earlier transactions. Wish I could just spend $2 or whatever it is to get Geometry Wars 2 instead of having to get a minimum of 400 on zune.

I picked up Age of Booty, Defense Grid and South Park. I've been enjoying Age of Booty the most, great RTS. Tried Rocket Riot too but it was too hectic and the music drove me up the wall, just not for me.

[quote name='polo14player']track and field worth 240?[/QUOTE]No one would be better suited to answer that question for you specifically than yourself. Give the demo a spin.

Picked up Geometry Wars 2 after playing the demo and being hooked. Nothing better than an old school twin stick shooter with psychadelic effects and maddening yet satisfying gameplay! Look forward to it!

I tried the demo for Geometry Wars and it just wasn't for me. Plus with RDR coming out in may I am going to save my points for eventual DLC.

[quote name='awp']I hate this whole point system. I have 240 points left from earlier transactions. Wish I could just spend $2 or whatever it is to get Geometry Wars 2 instead of having to get a minimum of 400 on zune.[/QUOTE]

You said it. I still find it infuriating that I will never actually be able to use all of my points (unless I plan very carefully or want to spend it on stupid overpriced shit like gamer pics, themes or avatar items).

Back on topic, I'm in for Geometry Wars 2! I've been playing the demo of the first one every now and then since I first got my 360 back in 2006, and have been waiting for a deal like this.

Lol got on to demo some of these and ended up buying 2 indie games I wanted to look at without touching the arcade sales.

Need to go through the demos quick in the next day or two I guess, can't miss these! Geometry wars 2 is an almost definite purchase, though I have some time left on that one to make sure, and I'm interested in trying like 7 out of the arcade sale itself.

[quote name='polo14player']track and field worth 240?[/QUOTE]
Try the demo. In my opinion, that game has not aged well at all.

All I got from the sale was SSF2THDR and South Park. This may be the month I've bought the most arcade games in a long while as Final Fight, After Burner, and Risk are all instant buys for me.

Looks like I'm in for Age of Booty, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, and GeoWars 2 this week. 1600pts, ouch! Better than 3200pts, though.

I'd had Age of Booty on my wishlist for a long time, but it wasn't until this sale that I took the demo for a spin. Really enjoyed it and happily paid 400 points for the full version. I'm stuck on the last hard challenge. The achievements are well designed and all obtainable with only moderate effort. Great music and really fun, somewhat addictive gameplay. Multiplayer depends a lot on who you're paired up with. I've been on teams with really nice folks, but was also paired with a couple guys who took it waaaaay too seriously and verbally abused me when I didn't play up to their standards. But that's Live in a nutshell. :roll:

Knew after 3 mins with the demo of Defense Grid that I would enjoy it so snagged that as well. This is a good example of a game I never would have picked up or even known about had it not been for this sale.

Got Geometry Wars 2 last night and may pick up one or two more games before the sale is up.

If you are any kind of adventure game fan at all, you owe it to yourself to pick up the first episode of Wallace & Gromit. I bought all four at full price and do not regret it.

I'd had Age of Booty on my wishlist for a long time, but it wasn't until this sale that I took the demo for a spin. Really enjoyed it and happily paid 400 points for the full version. I'm stuck on the last hard challenge. The achievements are well designed and all obtainable with only moderate effort. Great music and really fun, somewhat addictive gameplay. Multiplayer depends a lot on who you're paired up with. I've been on teams with really nice folks, but was also paired with a couple guys who took it waaaaay too seriously and verbally abused me when I didn't play up to their standards. But that's Live in a nutshell. :roll:

Knew after 3 mins with the demo of Defense Grid that I would enjoy it so snagged that as well. This is a good example of a game I never would have picked up or even known about had it not been for this sale.

Got Geometry Wars 2 last night and may pick up one or two more games before the sale is up.

If you are any kind of adventure game fan at all, you owe it to yourself to pick up the first episode of Wallace & Gromit. I bought all four at full price and do not regret it.

Holy shit, I just started playing Rocket Riot. This game is great. It's very simplistic, pretty funny, and just an all around good time. I'm debating on grabbing Defense Grid before this sale is up, but it's looking more and more like I'll bite.

for those of you who bought south park and are fans of the show. I bought south park season 13 at target for 17.99(sale price, last week) and it comes with 2 codes - Professor Chaos and Challenge Levels for the game!

Kind of lame future deals since the Maw has already been a DOTW, but I think I'll get the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned. Waiting for all the Borderlands DLC to drop.

Haven't touched L4D in ages (and my copy of Borderlands is still sealed), but I'm jumping in on the two DLC deals at least.

I guess I should test these demos for the arcade games though. Kind of procrastinated and didn't actually buy anything yet.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Kind of lame future deals since the Maw has already been a DOTW, but I think I'll get the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned. Waiting for all the Borderlands DLC to drop.[/QUOTE]
I have the same thoughts as you. These deals really suck.

I read that Crash Course fails as a DLC. It was released right before the sequel was released, and Microsoft had to slap a 560 MSP price-tag on it. (It will be 57% savings next week, then). The achievements are difficult and glitched.

And the Maw was already a previous deal. The hell? (The Maw will be 50% off.)

I'm waiting for all the Borderlands DLC to drop as well. Well, that's finally one of them down (in two weeks). My brother should be happy for that. (Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned will be 50% off.)
Aren't there supposed to discs with bundled Borderlands DLC coming out soon? What's the word on that?

Thanks, reddjoey.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Kind of lame future deals since the Maw has already been a DOTW, but I think I'll get the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned. Waiting for all the Borderlands DLC to drop.[/QUOTE]

The last time that The Maw was the DOTW, I wasn't gold, so I missed out. I thought that I would never get the chance to snag it for 400 points after that. I am plesently surpised and will buy it this time around! :whistle2:D

The Maw? Heck yeah! I wasn't interested in it last time it was DotW, I had read that it's like 3 hours long. I fell in love with 'Splosion Man though, and want to play The Maw now because of that, score!

[quote name='dieresis']
Aren't there supposed to discs with bundled Borderlands DLC coming out soon? What's the word on that?

Thanks, reddjoey.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The Dr Ned/Mad Moxxie Combo for $19.99 came out on disc yesterday. Go for the Dr Ned sale and pass on Moxxie. It is a longer/harder version of Firefight.

[quote name='streamako']Is there any xbla title this week (April 7th) aka tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

It has not been announced anywhere. My money is on Lead and Gold since it should be out on PC/PS3 today.

[quote name='Vortextk']Does the sale end early tomorrow morning or early on the 8th?[/QUOTE]

It started mid morning on the 1st. I'd think it would end mid-morning on the 8th. You know how MS is with sales starting or ending on time

[quote name='reddjoey']Yes. The Dr Ned/Mad Moxxie Combo for $19.99 came out on disc yesterday. Go for the Dr Ned sale and pass on Moxxie. It is a longer/harder version of Firefight.[/QUOTE]
How does the disc work? Does it install the content, does it give a for the DLC, or something else? Also, does Dr. Ned and Moxxie have achievements?

[quote name='dieresis']How does the disc work? Does it install the content, does it give a for the DLC, or something else? Also, does Dr. Ned and Moxxie have achievements?[/QUOTE]

I'd assume it just installs the DLC to the HDD like the Fallout 3/Oblivion expansion discs, since you need Borderlands to play those add-ons.

Yes they add 250 gamerscore (125 each).

[quote name='reddjoey']Yes. The Dr Ned/Mad Moxxie Combo for $19.99 came out on disc yesterday. Go for the Dr Ned sale and pass on Moxxie. It is a longer/harder version of Firefight.
[/QUOTE]

I agree. The Mad Moxxi DLC is pretty lame. It's booooring and you don't earn EXP while fighting. The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, however, is quite fun!

So trying the demos before the sale ends, and thinking I might get Rocket Riot. Mad Tracks wasn't too bad and reminded me a bit of Micro Machines for the N64 (although not as good). Schizod was different, but the whole two ships (one per stick) mechanic makes it VERY EASY to mess up when you get surrounded.

The others (with the exception of Street Fighter which I'm downloading now, and Lumines which I have for PSP), I have no interest in.

Well, I just got Geometry Wars 2 because I loved the first and 400pts is PEFECT for this game. I don't mean it in a bad way but this is even worth the 800pts(which was why I waited so long). It's fun as hell and the new game modes keep it fresh!

Already bought South Park and Defense Grid, I'm fairly confident that I'm going to get Rocket Riot since it was just fun and the achievements look pretty easy too. I was debating Wallace and Grommet all week, but I ultimately decided not to bite when I really thought about it and realized what I really want is to watch the story and not play it! lol. Bought all of these with points I won from the recent 5th finger contest, probably going to buy Perfect Dark in the next week and well and I just won a copy of Sonic and knuckles from 360 junkiez... (plus I still have Shadow Complex and Maw from when there were DOTW that I haven't played) My digital backlog is getting as large as my physical!

Really didn't like Mad tracks and schizoid just didn't interest me. I actually didn't try age of booty to just try and avoid spending more points, and I sucked at Street Fighter as a kid, can't handle that embarrassment again.

[quote name='JJSP']The Maw has been on sale at least three times.[/QUOTE]
I know but since I will be getting borderlands I will be able to get the dlc for cheap.

So, finally decided and went with South Park and Age of Booty. My hubby didn't really like Age of Booty, but it clicked with me. It's not amazing fun, but it's definitely good enough for 400 points.

Rocket Riot is really badass! I got it last July for my birthday and it's DEFINITELY worth $5. It gets tough in the later levels from all the chaos that occurs but you'll still have fun. It's an absolute shame that the online has pretty much been dead since it came out. It's tough to find games because not many people know or care about this game.

[quote name='dieresis']I read that Crash Course fails as a DLC. It was released right before the sequel was released, and Microsoft had to slap a 560 MSP price-tag on it. (It will be 57% savings next week, then). The achievements are difficult and glitched.[/QUOTE]I've been waiting for Crash Course to go on sale forever (OK, only since early February when I bought L4D...newish 360 owner here) and decided it never would a couple weeks ago. So I went ahead and bought it at full price and don't regret it at all. I looked through the achievements and most of them seemed like they'd be easier to gain than some of the original achievements. My friends and I are having a blast with the campaign and we list it as our favorite over the original four. That's just our opinion of the DLC, though...

Anyone know if the 10 arcade deal is dead in 10 minutes? Still waiting for the trials to download, taking forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back