Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='J7.']Anyone know if the 10 arcade deal is dead in 10 minutes? Still waiting for the trials to download, taking forever![/QUOTE]Well, all the promo text states the sale goes through April 7, so I'm taking that to mean the sale will end at midnight in one of the US time zones. Probably PST.

But maybe I'll purchase now instead of tomorrow morning. Tired, was going to bed...but this'll just take...a second...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[quote name='Donnums']Well, I just got Geometry Wars 2 because I loved the first and 400pts is PEFECT for this game. I don't mean it in a bad way but this is even worth the 800pts(which was why I waited so long). It's fun as hell and the new game modes keep it fresh![/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I wasn't even that excited about playing GEOMETRY WARS 2 but at 400 points I thought I'd try it -- turns out I like it a LOT more than the original, the new modes really make it almost like 6 games in one, and some of them are even more addictive than the classic "Evolved" mode.

Really fun, anyone who even remotely liked the first game should try it -- it's even better.

Rocket Riot is great especially at that price, I bought it for 800 and I'm not complaining. The achievements are a cake too, one of the few games I have at 100%. I might pick up the Borderlands DLC..

Is Lumines worth it or is it better on the PS3 since you don't have to get all the DLC to make it complete?

Also, I'm getting TD, but is South Park also worth it on top (also got GW2).

Lastly, Rocket Riot and any other game on sale - are they worth it? I need to go to bed and don't have time to try the trials and would hate to miss out on the deals.

Thanks you cheap bastards

[quote name='eugaet']Well, all the promo text states the sale goes through April 7, so I'm taking that to mean the sale will end at midnight in one of the US time zones. Probably PST.

But maybe I'll purchase now instead of tomorrow morning. Tired, was going to bed...but this'll just take...a second...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[/QUOTE]

Ya, but they could've screwed up the wording or meant through the week until April 7th. In any case it looks like the deal is still on. Thanks for responding. Here is my impressions of the trial games. I tried out all of them except Mad Tracks.

South Park - fun but not many levels, don't know if there's more levels online or how online works.
Age of Booty - looks fun only online and I heard no one plays.
Defense Grid - purchased it.
Lumines - rip off, get Qubed or the PSN version I guess.
Mad Tracks - haven't tried yet.
Rocket Riot - looks fun online only but heard no one plays.
Schizoid - a lot of fun but I just don't think it has replayability.
SSF2HDR - maybe, still pricey though.
Track & Field - probably okay online, but still too pricey.
Wallace & Gromit - not worth it when you gotta pay so much for the rest of the game.

Well I ended up getting SSF2HD (shouldn't have), Rocket Riot, Track & Field, and Defense Grid for the hell of it. I already had Age of Booty.

I've been considering South Park, but I remember seeing a review (IGN?) that said it was definitely made for more than one player; and the later levels' difficulty shows that. I might end up getting it to play with the girlfriend. Anyone have any input on whether that's true or not?

Why shouldn't you have gotten SF2HD? It's arguably the best fighting game ever made. I have it on PS3 or else I would be there in a heartbeat.

The biggest complaint lies with the 360 controller, which is a piece of crap for anything that relies on the D-pad.

i'm actually excited that the maw is going on sale. I've been slowly working through splosion man (playing about 15 or 20 minutes at a time) and I really like it. Excited to try twisted pixel's old work.

[quote name='Halo05']Why shouldn't you have gotten SF2HD? It's arguably the best fighting game ever made. I have it on PS3 or else I would be there in a heartbeat.

The biggest complaint lies with the 360 controller, which is a piece of crap for anything that relies on the D-pad.[/QUOTE]

Because it's bullshit difficult. I never really liked Street Fighter II (definitely wouldn't say it's the GOAT), but I was enticed by the sale and the whole HD upgrade.

[quote name='lolwut?']Well I ended up getting SSF2HD (shouldn't have), Rocket Riot, Track & Field, and Defense Grid for the hell of it. I already had Age of Booty.

I've been considering South Park, but I remember seeing a review (IGN?) that said it was definitely made for more than one player; and the later levels' difficulty shows that. I might end up getting it to play with the girlfriend. Anyone have any input on whether that's true or not?[/QUOTE]

What you said about South Park is true, it's tailored/developed for more than 1 player so that it's not that great if you're doing single.

yea, I've found it pretty difficult playing solo, when you unlock the other 3 characters they all just stand around, you have to use the bumpers to switch to them and control them... tho, I can see this game being a blast with more people, just havent tried it out yet.

but yea, def not for one player, and I'm playing on easiest difficulty now and can still have trouble/nearly lose the town.

I played like 3 levels in the trial alone and found it too easy. Didn't even use the special attacks. Just moved the characters I wasn't controlling to choke points and built towers and upgraded them right away. But later in the game it's gotta be too hard alone especially on normal and hard modes.

I kinda regret buying mad tracks for 400 points now in a way knowing each game can be finished in under 2 minutes and there is no one playing online multiplayer but hope that changes while trying it out during the day as it was last night I tried it. anyways, wallace & gromit is glitched because at the end near the final scene it wouldn't let me do anything and read online it's a glitch so beware.

Damn. I forgot to pick up a points card when I was at GS yesterday. I haven't tried out the demos for W&G and RR so I might have to blind buy.

I already own The Maw but it's nice to see the Borderlands DLC on sale. Is that the DLC that raises the level limit?

wohoo!!! im really looking forward to the boarderlands addon! was thinking about getting it a while back, but i don't feel like paying $10 for a chapter of a game that i fell should be free since i payed $70 for the game, but thats just me :p.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I kinda regret buying mad tracks for 400 points now in a way knowing each game can be finished in under 2 minutes and there is no one playing online multiplayer but hope that changes while trying it out during the day as it was last night I tried it. anyways, wallace & gromit is glitched because at the end near the final scene it wouldn't let me do anything and read online it's a glitch so beware.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have a problem or glitch with Wallace & Gromit. My impression of it was it was way too short. I couldn't imagine how quick I could have finished it if you knew how to already accomplish the puzzles.

I am glad to see Maw on the list. I missed it the first sale so I am glad to see it back.

[quote name='emg28']I already own The Maw but it's nice to see the Borderlands DLC on sale. Is that the DLC that raises the level limit?[/QUOTE]

Nope, that's the Armory of General Knoxx. Hoping that that goes on sale before too long as well. Although I might just pick up the DLC and continue to wait until the actual game drops to $20.

[quote name='Donnums']Rocket Riot is really badass! I got it last July for my birthday and it's DEFINITELY worth $5. It gets tough in the later levels from all the chaos that occurs but you'll still have fun. It's an absolute shame that the online has pretty much been dead since it came out. It's tough to find games because not many people know or care about this game.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more! Rocket Riot is the diamond in the rough that I found because of this sale. It's still worth $5 even if I never play a multiplayer game cause the single player is that good. Just wish I could get past level 20 (Jim Bob).

And in case it hasn't been said enough times already... Buy Defense Grid if you don't have it. You won't regret it.

Glad I waited on picking up the Left 4 Dead and Borderlands DLC. Will get both. And might snag Rocket Riot before the sale dies, given all the positive reviews people have been giving it.

[quote name='Halo05']Why shouldn't you have gotten SF2HD? It's arguably the best fighting game ever made. I have it on PS3 or else I would be there in a heartbeat.

The biggest complaint lies with the 360 controller, which is a piece of crap for anything that relies on the D-pad.[/QUOTE]
I tried the SF2HD demo and wanted to like it, but it just didn't click w/ me.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Hoping someone will jog my memory here...

Geometry Wars 2 hasn't been on any compilation discs... Only, the first one has, right?[/QUOTE]I believe this is the case. Though you can get GW2, among other arcade games, with the black wireless controller bundle, I don't know if those games come on a disc or are accessed via download codes.

[quote name='Thrinn']I believe this is the case. Though you can get GW2, among other arcade games, with the black wireless controller bundle, I don't know if those games come on a disc or are accessed via download codes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I didn't think I had gotten it at any point. (its just been one of those days... *sigh*)

And this is what I get for waiting until the last minute. Oh sure the deals are still live, but my xbox E74'd last night =P

Going off of ign reviews and everyone's posts, I'm getting rocket riot, geo wars 2 and defense grid. They all sound and look right up my alley and I have to just do blind purchases since I don't have a way of demo'ing them now. Will be buying the maw next week too off xbox.com. The UPS store nearby closed apparently so tomorrow I'll be sending my 360 out, looks like it's ps3 time.

Being the indecisive cheap ass that I am, I've waited until now to buy the games I want and I was about to get Lumines Live ... when I noticed that on top of the regular $10 price tag (for the base game which includes very little as you can see by the pre-DLC reviews), there is another $30+ of DLC.

Insta-not buy.

Sale is still going on as of now.

just grabbed defense grid for 400.
feels good being a laggard silly early adopters. :D

For anybody who bought southpark, I have these two codes from months ago that unlock new levels for the game. I need to get rid of then so here they are. Enjoy.
RFPPB-RHDF7-XXBH9-WJMY6-93J6D

DDHYG-PGJMW-D6MK8-672M6-RD7CG

I bought Age of Booty, Defense Grid: The Awakening, Rocket Riot South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, Track & Field, and Wallace & Gromit Episode 1. I enjoyed all the demos, they had good/decent Metascores and doable achievements.

I already had
Lumines LIVE! (from Qubed) and [FONT=&quot]Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix (from a previous sale).

I didn't get
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Mad Tracks and [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Schizoid. Disliked the demos, they had the worst Metascores, and they have the hardest achievements.

I will get Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 soon (or by Sunday). :D Slightly difficult achievements, but very fun game.
[/FONT]

Am I the only one who's not in love with Geometry Wars 2? I can't finish the first 3 minute level of the demo without losing about 4 lives. The visuals are great but I'm concerned about the difficulty. I don't need another Ikaruga. Do I need to play a different mode or multiplayer to get more out of it? I'll probably buy it anyway given the sale and number of positive comments/reviews. There must be more to it than I've seen so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='probin74243']And I the only one who's not in love with Geometry Wars 2? I can't finish the first 3 minute level of the demo without losing about 4 lives. The visuals are great but I'm concerned about the difficulty. I don't need another Ikaruga. Do I need to play a different mode or multiplayer to get more out of it? I'll probably buy it anyway given the sale and number of positive comments/reviews. There must be more to it than I've seen so far.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, glad to see I'm not alone. I got it a while back, and I can't stomach to play for more than a few minutes at a time. Sure, I'm not very good, but even when I'm doing well, I don't get the reason for the praise. It's decent, but I wouldn't care if I never played it.

[quote name='dragonjud']Ahh, glad to see I'm not alone. I got it a while back, and I can't stomach to play for more than a few minutes at a time. Sure, I'm not very good, but even when I'm doing well, I don't get the reason for the praise. It's decent, but I wouldn't care if I never played it.[/QUOTE]

personally speaking, I do not think its another ikaruga.. its a lot easier IMHO.. however.. i question the amount of replay value... i had the game for appx a week and i have a decent amount of the achievements done..none of them took me a great deal of time.. its fun... and worth $5, but it is OVERPRICED at 10...

If you really want a shooter, get Aegis wing... its free and tons of fun

[quote name='probin74243']Am I the only one who's not in love with Geometry Wars 2? I can't finish the first 3 minute level of the demo without losing about 4 lives. The visuals are great but I'm concerned about the difficulty. I don't need another Ikaruga. Do I need to play a different mode or multiplayer to get more out of it? I'll probably buy it anyway given the sale and number of positive comments/reviews. There must be more to it than I've seen so far.[/QUOTE]

Geometry Wars is wayyy easier than Ikaruga. The player is destined to die eventually, but with practice you can get pretty far. Also the different modes are good fun - you might have an easier time with some of them.

The only one of the XBLA "deals" that I ended up getting, after playing several of the demos, was Age of Booty. The others didn't really do anything for me, but one multiplayer session on that and I love it.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']personally speaking, I do not think its another ikaruga.. its a lot easier IMHO.. however.. i question the amount of replay value... i had the game for appx a week and i have a decent amount of the achievements done..none of them took me a great deal of time.. its fun... and worth $5, but it is OVERPRICED at 10...

If you really want a shooter, get Aegis wing... its free and tons of fun[/QUOTE]

its all about the scores. i bought it on release and ill still have a buddy tell me to check the leaderboards because hes beating me in something so ill get hooked playing to beat his score. i have a lot of xbla games, over 50 for sure and gw2 is probably my favorite overall and best money ive spent on one. but if you dont like it you just dont like it.

[quote name='agentcoop007']Looks like Age of Booty is the only one of the 10 still on sale. Now I'm sitting here wondering if I should get it. It was the only one on the list besides South Park I was interested in.[/QUOTE]

I'd urge you to. For $5, it's a no-brainer IMO.

[quote name='agentcoop007']Looks like Age of Booty is the only one of the 10 still on sale. Now I'm sitting here wondering if I should get it. It was the only one on the list besides South Park I was interested in.[/QUOTE]

I only got South Park and Age of Booty out of this sale. Age of Booty is definitely worth it at 400 points. At 800 points, not so much. 400, definitely.

[quote name='Tybee']I'd urge you to. For $5, it's a no-brainer IMO.[/QUOTE]

See.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']personally speaking, I do not think its another ikaruga.. its a lot easier IMHO.. however.. i question the amount of replay value... i had the game for appx a week and i have a decent amount of the achievements done..none of them took me a great deal of time.. its fun... and worth $5, but it is OVERPRICED at 10...

If you really want a shooter, get Aegis wing... its free and tons of fun[/QUOTE]

Yea, I really dislike geometry wars. I want to like it but... I can't tell what the hell is going on. I like a game that is challenging but I need to know what's going on on the screen.

Now another Ikaruga I don't mind.

[quote name='dragonjud']Ahh, glad to see I'm not alone. I got it a while back, and I can't stomach to play for more than a few minutes at a time. Sure, I'm not very good, but even when I'm doing well, I don't get the reason for the praise. It's decent, but I wouldn't care if I never played it.[/QUOTE]

I played the demo to it, I think the game is a piece of crap personally. I don't get why those artsy look good boring games get major praise.

[quote name='GenPirate']I played the demo to it, I think the game is a piece of crap personally. I don't get why those artsy look good boring games get major praise.[/QUOTE]

GW2 is artsy and boring??????

GW2 is pretty much awesome. Dont know why people are hatin on it, but with that being said, its def not worth more than 400 points. Not much there to justify a price point over 400.

[quote name='probin74243']Am I the only one who's not in love with Geometry Wars 2? I can't finish the first 3 minute level of the demo without losing about 4 lives. The visuals are great but I'm concerned about the difficulty. I don't need another Ikaruga. Do I need to play a different mode or multiplayer to get more out of it? I'll probably buy it anyway given the sale and number of positive comments/reviews. There must be more to it than I've seen so far.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely love GW2. It's one of my favorite games of all time. I play it on and off every week since it came out 1.5 years ago. Like a lot of old school games it's all about beating your previous score. There's a mini-game in 'Waves' that require you to dodge for as long as possible without ever shooting. After 1.5 years I finally hit 12 waves. I was jumping up and down and screaming. I love this game. Considering I plan on playing this game the next 50 years, $5 is pretty cheap. It also has some of the best and doable achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back