Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
well fuck! i ended up buying south park, track and field, then after everybody raved about defense grid i bought that, never played a defense tower game, LOVE IT, thanks guys, then i got rocket riot and age of booty out of my addiction for buying sale priced games!!! the last 2 i probably shouldn't of bought, i hope i play them. now i have to decide if i want GW2, i have the first one but don't play it often, i like it though.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Dishwasher will be bought if it does go on sale. :D[/QUOTE]

Where did this info come from? Are they having another big sale?

Ill probly jump on Dishwasher for 400 if it turns out true.

[quote name='Metalic']Where did this info come from? Are they having another big sale?

Ill probly jump on Dishwasher for 400 if it turns out true.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure he was just stating he would buy the game for that price, not that the game is going to be on sale at that price.

Also, there is no big sale coming soon. reddjoey is great at keeping us updated with XBL info.

[quote name='Metalic']Where did this info come from? Are they having another big sale?

Ill probly jump on Dishwasher for 400 if it turns out true.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dieresis']I'm pretty sure he was just stating he would buy the game for that price, not that the game is going to be on sale at that price.

Also, there is no big sale coming soon. reddjoey is great at keeping us updated with XBL info.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment. Metalic it might be on sale 4/26. Xbox Japan (which is usually right and lines up with US sales) says something different that Major Nelson (who has wiffed on a few weeks since I've been tracking). I say cross your fingers b/c Xbox.jp doesn't mention Borderlands Zombies.

[quote name='[email protected]']Yea, I really dislike geometry wars. I want to like it but... I can't tell what the hell is going on. I like a game that is challenging but I need to know what's going on on the screen.

Now another Ikaruga I don't mind.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty simple. Or do you mean you can't physically see what's going on? I dunno what to tell you other than you get used to it after a few tries.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Being the indecisive cheap ass that I am, I've waited until now to buy the games I want and I was about to get Lumines Live ... when I noticed that on top of the regular $10 price tag (for the base game which includes very little as you can see by the pre-DLC reviews), there is another $30+ of DLC.

Insta-not buy.[/QUOTE]

I would just recommend getting Qubed (Every Extend Extra Extreme, Rez HD, and Lumines Live + most of the DLC). I ordered mine used from a seller on Amazon for $9.25 + $3.99 shipping. That to me strikes me as a bargain, even by CAG standards.

[quote name='fei33']I would just recommend getting Qubed (Every Extend Extra Extreme, Rez HD, and Lumines Live + most of the DLC). I ordered mine used from a seller on Amazon for $9.25 + $3.99 shipping. That to me strikes me as a bargain, even by CAG standards.[/QUOTE]
I saw that. I think I'll grab it off eBay. Thanks for the recommendation.

[quote name='Sway42']i would buy crash course..

but its quite depressing that the pc gets it for free.[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean. I heard that was Microsoft policy or something.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']Everyday shooter is so much better than GW 1 and 2. Same premise, better execution[/QUOTE]

I'd have to say yhou are totally wrong that statement. Geo Wars 2 is by far one of the best shooters (two stick genre) that I havw played. IMO, Everyday shooter was kinda blah...

[quote name='Rollobobo']I'd have to say yhou are totally wrong that statement. Geo Wars 2 is by far one of the best shooters (two stick genre) that I havw played. IMO, Everyday shooter was kinda blah...[/QUOTE]

I agree. GEO WARS 2 is absolutely phenomenal, like being addicted to video crack. Brighter, more addictive and even better than the original thanks to all the different modes it has.

[quote name='Unrealevil']
I know what you mean. I heard that was Microsoft policy or something.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it is. IIRC, Valve wanted to give it away for free but Microsoft wouldn't allow it.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']Everyday shooter is so much better than GW 1 and 2. Same premise, better execution[/QUOTE]

I have all three. I picked up Everyday Shooter on sale 2 weeks ago. I've been playing the heck out of it and I love it. GW1 was actually a little hidden game in Project Gotham Racing 3 and Bizarre Creations wanted to give it away free on Xbox Live Arcade but wasn't allowed to, so yeah Everyday Shooter is better than GW1. But GW2 is so much better than Everyday Shooter. Same premise, better execution.

Major Nelson says that the Maw deal is Japan only. Is there better info proving that wrong or is the OP incorrect?

[quote name='Yaboosh']Major Nelson says that the Maw deal is Japan only. Is there better info proving that wrong or is the OP incorrect?[/QUOTE]

His original post didn't list Japan Only. It was changed a couple of days ago... I am hoping it still shows up for US as well...

[quote name='J7.']How much better is GW 2 than GW 1?[/QUOTE]

I was surprised at how much better it is. There are 6 different modes -- one has you forced not to use guns, another is timed, another has you doing sequences, etc. All of them are distinctive and the gameplay itself is refined and that much improved over the original. I wasn't sure how much I'd like it over the original but I was really happy I took the chance because it's superior in every way.

[quote name='J7.']How much better is GW 2 than GW 1?[/QUOTE]

GW2 is a far better game than GW1. It's really kind of silly not to get it while it's on sale for $5. I don't believe they have ever put it on sale since it came out 1.5 years ago.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']yay! finally! My patience on the Dishwasher pays off... I may grab the Maw this time, though I refrained the last time it was on sale...[/QUOTE]

Is Dishwasher on sale or something? I would love to grab it for 400 points.

I grabbed South Park Tower Defense for 400 points and it is a blast. Admittedly this is my first entry to Tower Defense games. As usual South Park is hilariously funny.

[quote name='Yaboosh']Major Nelson says that the Maw deal is Japan only. Is there better info proving that wrong or is the OP incorrect?[/QUOTE]

MajorNelson changed it and it still seems wrong. The Xbox.jp site lists The Maw as being on sale 4/19 followed by Dishwasher on 4/26.

Why do we care about Xbox.jp?? History shows the sales are the same unless the region doesn't support/carry that product.

EDIT: Listening to his podcast, he is still saying 4/12 The Maw for Japan only. It really sounded like they were reading his site. Looking at the Xbox.jp site, Zombie Island hasn't hit for Borderlands there yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']MajorNelson changed it and it still seems wrong. The Xbox.jp site lists The Maw as being on sale 4/19 followed by Dishwasher on 4/26.

Why do we care about Xbox.jp?? History shows the sales are the same unless the region doesn't support/carry that product.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I want Dishwasher!!! It's like Ninja Gaiden in 2D. No! Not the 2D NES version....

[quote name='leesiulung']Is Dishwasher on sale or something? I would love to grab it for 400 points.

I grabbed South Park Tower Defense for 400 points and it is a blast. Admittedly this is my first entry to Tower Defense games. As usual South Park is hilariously funny.[/QUOTE]

Since I played this game on live it made me bust out my N64 and play South Park Rally and South Park 64.

Too bad, I would've bit on the Maw for 400 pts. Too bad the Borderlands dlc on sale isn't the newest one. That would go perfectly with the dlc disc released last week.

[quote name='afultz075']Is Geometry Wars 2 worth getting if I already own Geometry Wars Galaxies on Wii?[/QUOTE]

yes- its much prettier (assuming you have HD) and have differeet play modes

if they only made Galaxies for the 360.... :(

[quote name='gunstar808']And when is Zeno Clash gonna get released!?[/QUOTE]I don't believe there's a new specific date set since it missed its original March 30th date.

[quote name='gordojones88']I absolutely love GW2. It's one of my favorite games of all time. I play it on and off every week since it came out 1.5 years ago. Like a lot of old school games it's all about beating your previous score. There's a mini-game in 'Waves' that require you to dodge for as long as possible without ever shooting. After 1.5 years I finally hit 12 waves. I was jumping up and down and screaming. I love this game. Considering I plan on playing this game the next 50 years, $5 is pretty cheap. It also has some of the best and doable achievements.[/QUOTE]

I wish the GW2 demo let you try more than one of the modes (Deadline) then I might have bought it sooner. As it is, I got it just in time because of all the recommendations. I also bought Rocket Riot in the other sale and LOVE IT so I figured another dual stick shooter must be a good thing.

[quote name='worrybomb']Thanks for the post, reddjoey!

I wonder if the specially priced Mass Effect DLC will reflect on EA's promotion on getting 800 MS Points for purchasing 3 EA digital downloads. I already bought Battlefield 1943 when it was on special. Well since I haven't played ME and I really do want to get the sequel, might as well get these DLC.

Portal for 800 MS Points is a great deal but I guess if you have The Orange Box, it might not look as glamorous. Still if you don't, get Portal XBLA.

Nice to see we're getting some kind of quality XBLA titles like Vandal Hearts and Death By Cube. I'm still anticipating for Perfect Dark XBLA though.[/QUOTE]

When should we be getting those EA points?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I can't beat level 69 in Rocket Riot... GRRR. Getting sooooo frustrated![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what level I'm on Rocket Riot (somewhere in the 50s). It has a very smooth difficulty curve. That curve must be exponential because at some point, it's pretty much going vertical.

Crash Course is awesome. I'd buy it if I didn't have it. I love the map because it's great for Survival when you don't feel like going through a full stage (this is only two stages IIRC)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Crash Course is awesome. I'd buy it if I didn't have it. I love the map because it's great for Survival when you don't feel like going through a full stage (this is only two stages IIRC)[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and picked it up... looks like fun.

I don't think this was released for the PC was it??

Nothing good for me besides Final Fight and Afterburner but I'm getting those on the PS3. Doom 2 I'm looking forward to. If it's 800 points, I'll wait for it to be 400. Not going to do the same mistake I did with the first Doom. Bought it for 800 points and a month later they decide to drop it to 400 points.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I went ahead and picked it up... looks like fun.

I don't think this was released for the PC was it??[/QUOTE]

It was, for free even. :\

That being said, I still bought it. :eek: lol I own both the PC and 360 versions, but I play 360 pretty much exclusively since all my buddies play it online. That, and I'm a cheezement whore. :p

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Crash Course is awesome. I'd buy it if I didn't have it. I love the map because it's great for Survival when you don't feel like going through a full stage (this is only two stages IIRC)[/QUOTE]
Just finished Crash Course. It was fun, although I wouldn't of wanted it at full price. If you like LFD1 you should pick up Crash Course during this sale.

Awesome! I'm getting points tonight with my amazon trade in credit that just came in. I've been meaning to pick up both the Left 4 Dead and the Borderlands DLC.

[quote name='polo14player']anybody wanna play through all of L4D, including crash course, 3 CAGs will do, let me know. anybody know when lead and gold comes out for xbla??[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming crash course is not included in GOTY edition which I got on amazon's b2g1 free sale? I guess I'll have to pick it up if it's on sale.

I'd play through all of l4d, since i just got the game and haven't even opened it yet, but I can't dedicate all my time to it and beat the game in 3 days. Maybe a few hours a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back