Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='intoxicated662']damn microsoft is working hard to get our money lol..i'll be getting prince of persia classic, band of bugs, madballs invasion, watchmen:the end is nigh. anyone know if these will be worth getting for 400 points aka $5 (Football Genius, Sensible World of Soccer, MLB Stickball)?[/QUOTE]

The disk version of Watchmen: The End is Nigh which includes both parts can be had for $13 used at GameStop, if you were going to pick this up at $10 you might as well spend $3 more and get part 2 as well.

I assume the sale will be on part 1 only.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Snoopy Flying Ace is the number one game on my list in June. I cannot wait if it's anything like Crimson Skies was.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I just hope they hurry up with Risk Factions as well.

picking up trials hd, and possibly TMNT.. not sure though, have to go find out if its worth $5. i think i remember people saying it wasnt that good

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']picking up trials hd, and possibly TMNT.. not sure though, have to go find out if its worth $5. i think i remember people saying it wasnt that good[/QUOTE]

TMNT is not good, imo. They changed the controls along with the graphics so it doesn't play the same as the classic one. Try the demo first if you're on the fence.

Looking at MN's post. Looks like the next few sales are themed:

5/24 Avatar Showcase
5/31 Movie Mania
6/7 ????
6/14 Summer of Arcade 09 Redux Sale
6/21 Sports

Ancients of Ooga is from NinjaBee, who only make great games, so even though there hasn't been any hype so far I'm gonna have to get it.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']who the hell would buy nba draft combine this late??[/QUOTE]

Achievement W***** would. It's super easy 200 GS, although a bit more time consuming and boring than most people can stand. Someone gave me a code for it for free, otherwise I wouldn't have paid anything for it. Extremely boring to slog through.

Surprised to see the one-day sale on Trials HD wasn't the lowest sale price. On repeat sales, the initial sale price is usually the lowest.

I'll be picking up POP: Classic and Trials HD, and does anyone know if Madden Arcade is anything like NFL Blitz? I'll be playing the trial soon, however, sometimes it's hard to tell, and any game that resembles NFL blitz in anyway is surely a must buy for me.

Unsure about Worms. I assume it's a good game (I've played ones similar), but as stupid as the question may be, how is the online?

For the rest of that rumored list, doesn't look like anything on sale will interest me. Still debating on Lazy Raiders, but if I do get it, it'll have to be blind. Still having net troubles after two weeks at the new house so won't get to try the demo. Looks like it might be fun though.

JStryke, Worms is an awesome multiplayer game. As long as you're playing with friends and everyone has mics, it's a blast to chat and laugh away as you attempt daring maneuvers on your turn and hope nobody hurts you too bad during everyone else's turns.

I bought BoB and Madballs but passed on Lazy Raiders after trying out the demo. I'll probably bite on Trials since I couldn't pull the trigger last time. I still need to check out the demo, though.

[quote name='JStryke']Unsure about Worms. I assume it's a good game (I've played ones similar), but as stupid as the question may be, how is the online?

For the rest of that rumored list, doesn't look like anything on sale will interest me. Still debating on Lazy Raiders, but if I do get it, it'll have to be blind. Still having net troubles after two weeks at the new house so won't get to try the demo. Looks like it might be fun though.[/QUOTE]

Worms is absolutely amazing. Theres not a big online group but every time a game like it goes on sale it jumps back up periodically... The online play is excellent, no 2 matches are the same and the battleground is always random so it gets mixed up quite a bit. =)

And had to do another last minute blind purchase (this time for Lazy Raiders). Luckily nothing interests me this week as far as I'm aware.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Grabbed PoP, still considering Watchmen... any CAG recommendations either way on Watchmen?[/QUOTE]

I am also interested in how Watchmen plays; If it is worth playing it. Note I prefer XBLA games on hard drive vs disk so please dont just say to get the disc.

[quote name='lordopus99']I am also interested in how Watchmen plays; If it is worth playing it. Note I prefer XBLA games on hard drive vs disk so please dont just say to get the disc.[/QUOTE]

get the disc

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Grabbed PoP, still considering Watchmen... any CAG recommendations either way on Watchmen?[/QUOTE]

The beat 'em up genre hasn't aged gracefully. While the "move right and mash the attack buttons until they're dead" concept got a free pass back in the late 80's, it's just repetive by today's standards. Your money would be better spent on the Final Fight collection, it's cheaper, one of the high points on the genre, the complete game (rather than just half of it) and you get another game to go with it.

This game must have pissed off Alan Moore even more than the movie.

Also money wise Watchman is a crappy deal. You can get the disc used at BBV for $10. Thats both episodes for the same price as one for the DOTW. I wouldve picked it up when I saw it but I read reviews that it was a shallow beat em up. I'd stick with what Thrinn said get final fight double impact.

I played the watchmen demo a long time ago and it was okay and as lordopuss99 stated, i'd rather have the game(s) on my hd than on disc. I bought lumines live, e4 and don't regret getting them instead of waiting for them to be released on a compilation disc. It's 12:40pm central time and still no update of the sales..

Just checked, had to go find the games manually through the game/arcade/marketplace and they are marked down already on sale. just no sale ad yet on the dashboard stating they'll be on sale yet.

Happy I'm going to get another shot at Turtles Reshelled on sale, missed the last one by an hour, and also really excited about the Snoopy game, it actually looks really freaking good and for only 800 points.

Also, what everyone is saying about the Watchmen game, you can get both episodes on disc for pretty cheap, probably at least the $10 you would pay just to DL the one. Getting both for $10 still isn't that great of a deal either, game just wasn't that good. (The animated comics were cool though)

[quote name='pdjones']I wanted to grab Prince of Persia but it says it's 800 points, not 400 points like this thread claims. :([/QUOTE]

Give it time to change over. It usually happens by now, but today is a holiday

EDIT:

It's showing 400 for me on Xbox.com. Make sure you are signed in with a Gold account.

[quote name='pdjones']I wanted to grab Prince of Persia but it says it's 800 points, not 400 points like this thread claims. :([/QUOTE]

Step 1: go to xbox.com

Step 2: Sign In

Step 3: Click on Marketplace

Step 4: Search for Prince of Persia and click on the picture of the Arcade version.

Step 5: Scroll down and behold the 400 point price.

Enjoy.

Can the Transformers DLC generation 1 characters be played in normal story mode? If so, any impressions using them? I'm a huge fan of Generation 1 Starscream, Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Edit:
Watchmen seems to be 800 for the whole game, not just one part.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']
It's showing 400 for me on Xbox.com. Make sure you are signed in with a Gold account.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it has to be a gold account? Maybe that's why it still says 800 for me, I just have the silver account.

[quote name='dchrisd']Can the Transformers DLC generation 1 characters be played in normal story mode? If so, any impressions using them? I'm a huge fan of Generation 1 Starscream, Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Edit:
Watchmen seems to be 800 for the whole game, not just one part.[/QUOTE]

Then why is part 2 still up and 1200pts?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584109a0/

Did you buy it and get both parts?

I just saw this in my July 2010 issue of Official Xbox Magazine. I tried searching to see if anyone posted it yet but as usual CheapAssGamer's Forum search just brings me to a blank page after hitting Go. So don't start complaining that this is a re-post because I couldn't perform a search to figure that out.

5/31 - Price of Persia Classic - Originally 800 MS Pts - Will Be 400 MS Pts
5/31 - Transformers 2 Characters & Map Pack Plus - Originally 800 MS Pts - Will Be 400 MS Pts
5/31 - Watchmen: The End Is Nigh - Originally 1600 MS Pts - Will Be 800 MS Pts
6/7 - Worms 2: Armageddon - Originally 800 MS Pts - Will Be 400 MS Pts
6/14 - Splosion Man - Originally 800 MS Pts - Will Be 400 MS Pts
6/14 - TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - Originally 800 MS Pts - Will Be 400 MS Pts
6/14 - Trials HD - Originally 1200 MS Pts - Will Be 560 MS Pts
6/21 - FIFA 10 Ultimate Team Trial - Originally 400 MS Pts - Will Be 240 MS Pts
6/21 - Madden NFL Arcade - Originally 1200 MS Pts - Will Be 800 MS Pts
6/21 - NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - Originally 400 MS Pts - Will Be 240 MS Pts
6/21 - Football Genius - Originally 800 MS Pts - Will Be 400 MS Pts
6/21 - Sensible World of Soccer - Originally 800 MS Pts - Will Be 400 MS Pts
6/21 - Soccer Ball prop - Originally 160 MS Pts - Will Be 80 MS Pts
6/21 - MLB Stickball - Originally 800 MS Pts - Will Be 400 MS Pts

The only worthwhile ones in my opinion are PoP Classic, Worms 2, Splosion Man, and Trials HD. But I have them all besides Trials HD. Definitely getting that one.

*cough*

perhaps to prevent search problems leading to repeat threads, should I leave the current deals out and leave "Deal of the Week"

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Thanks OP.

But...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248993[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']All already posted

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248993

Oh a min late...[/QUOTE]

I was waiting for responses like this. However in my defense his post was update at 6:06 pm while mine was up at 6:01 pm. Semantics aside I think Trials HD is at the lowest price ever? Correct me if I am wrong. I think the previous low for Trials HD on sale was 800 MS Pts.

[quote name='reddjoey']*cough*

perhaps to prevent search problems leading to repeat threads, should I leave the current deals out and leave "Deal of the Week"[/QUOTE]

Heh. I clearly used the search criteria of "Deal of the Week". After hitting Go it promptly brought me to a blank page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back