Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
in for trials for sure..and maybe vandal hearts. I liked the one on ps1 but i'm wondering if this is any good or not.

Also might get uno rush..but is it any different from the other uno? I own the original uno.

[quote name='VidPower']Remember, just because the majority of other people like it, doesn't mean you will like it. If the demo didn't do it for you, then it didn't do it for you. Your own personal opinion is what really matters in the end, not other people's opinion.[/QUOTE]

This. However, for Trials, I'll mention this. I was in the same boat after trying the demo. I passed for a while, and eventually I did end up buying and it is a fun game that I do enjoy. There are far worse ways to spend your points, certainly.

Although to maybe get a taste, while I don't remember if it's Trials or something else, I do know there are motorcycle like games for free all over the internet (via flash and such) that you could try as well if you want more of a feel.

Well, down for a lot. I think I'm most excited about SotN. Always wanted the xbla version of it but 800 seemed too much since I have it for ps1 anyway.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Just a warning for those who get the crystal defenders demo...it lies. THe game is much harder than the demo will have you believe.[/QUOTE]

how much harder? i thought the balance was pretty damn good in the demo. also, how long is it?

[quote name='Driver121113']"Braid - 800 Microsoft Points"

I may be wrong but isn't braid 800 right now?[/QUOTE]

You are right, actually. The sale price is 400 MSP on Major Nelson's site. Maybe he or the OP made a typo. :cool:

Does this fall under "Deal of the Week" Gold exclusive deals? I would really like Shadow Complex at that price, but don't really want Gold.

[quote name='kodos64']how much harder? i thought the balance was pretty damn good in the demo. also, how long is it?[/QUOTE]

My wife played the demo about 4 times before we got the game and finished perfect at least twice. After we got it it took her 3 times to even get passed the 1st map. She was pissed it ramped up that far. She's not allowed to play it around the kids. :) There are 3 parts to the game (w1-w3) each part has 2 maps with an advanced version of each map.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']You are right, actually. The sale price is 400 MSP on Major Nelson's site. Maybe he or the OP made a typo. :cool:[/QUOTE]

MN listed it 800. Internet exploded with "WTF? Permanent price drop fool."
I was waiting for the official to adjust

[quote name='topplehat']Does this fall under "Deal of the Week" Gold exclusive deals? I would really like Shadow Complex at that price, but don't really want Gold.[/QUOTE]

Not sure. I will update when we find out

[quote name='topplehat']Does this fall under "Deal of the Week" Gold exclusive deals? I would really like Shadow Complex at that price, but don't really want Gold.[/QUOTE]

If so, can't you use a trial code in order to download them? I'd be willing to give you one for free if it meant the difference between you getting or not getting games. :)

EDIT: Just checked MN's blog & the first XBLA "Inventory Blowout Sale" in April was available to both Gold and Silver members. I'd imagine the same rules apply for this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thisboywillbreak']If so, can't you use a trial code in order to download them? I'd be willing to give you one for free if it meant the difference between you getting or not getting games. :)[/QUOTE]

No, 48 hour codes only allow for online play

Awesome sale, but I'd be 100 points short for everything I want.

Turtles in Time RS
Shadow Complex
Bomberman
Final Fight (not on sale)

I'm not currently on Gold, so the choice can be simple if a 48hours code doesn't work. Any promotions for points going on right now?

Edit: Blah, just saw this:[quote name='reddjoey']No, 48 hour codes only allow for online play[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pureheat101']I personally wouldn't bother with MvC2 on 360 unless you really want to utilize Xbox live with it. But then again, I hate fighters with the 360 pad.
[/QUOTE]

Good thing there are several arcade sticks to choose from. Not to mention the Madcatz FightPad and Hori Pad EX, both 6 button fighting game controllers.

[quote name='eastx']Good thing there are several arcade sticks to choose from. Not to mention the Madcatz FightPad and Hori Pad EX, both 6 button fighting game controllers.[/QUOTE]

Well to me that's just extra money and extra peripherals. But if you are into fighters and such, I won't unjustify that decision. Maybe I just dislike fighters... mostly because I'm so bad at them. :D

I am sooooo going to get Braid. I still haven't gotten it, but for 400? Shit, I'd be crazy not to get that.

Also, maybe Kingdom for Keflings. I thought that was an ok game from the demo.

I have 400 points to spend, any recommendations for one of the blowout games that are dropping to 400 points? I'm thinking Keflings of Geometry Wars.

[quote name='matto1233']I have 400 points to spend, any recommendations for one of the blowout games that are dropping to 400 points? I'm thinking Keflings of Geometry Wars.[/QUOTE]

Either of those are good choices, I think Geo Wars 2 probably shades it though.

I'd happily recommend Geo Wars 2 to anyone, it's great. Keflings may be a bit of an acquired taste but I like it.

[quote name='reddjoey']You know you can use paypal to buy points now[/QUOTE]

where at? didnt see anything other than add a credit card to buy points on xbox.com, is it in the dashboard? or some other site?

Damn. In for Braid, Banjo Tooie, Crystal Defenders and Panzer General. I'll have to check out the trials for a couple others. My XBLA backlog continues to grow. :)

[quote name='ritchardf']where at? didnt see anything other than add a credit card to buy points on xbox.com, is it in the dashboard? or some other site?[/QUOTE]

Marketplace.xbox.com

Should be an option in there.

Definitely going to demo Panzer General, Crystal Defenders, Keflings and Vandal Hearts. Maybe get 2 of them. Already have the other ones I'd want.

Btw, no game other than RB has gotten more of my gaming time in the last year than MTG. Don't dismiss it simply because it doesn't have custom decks. There's still a lot of variety and a lot of gameplay for $5 if you like the genre.

[quote name='intoxicated662']banjo tooie, N+ and am wondering...is panzer general worth buying?[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend Panzer General, IF you like strategic board games and/or video/board hybrids (such as Culdcept Saga, Blood Bowl, etc). The complexity is a notch above something like Catan on XBLA, but still very manageable. Games play fast (an hour is the upper limit). There's a lengthy single player coupled with solid multiplayer... it's a keeper, IMO, and easily worth the 400 points.

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']I checked the Microsoft XBLA page for Braid and it's listing its regular price as 800 points - I could have sworn the original price was 1200?[/QUOTE]

It got a permanent price drop a few weeks ago.

In for Shadow Complex and Symphony of the Night next week, and Serious Sam this week. Nice deals, indeed. BTW, is Magic The Gathering worth it for single player alone?

[quote name='Full Metal XL']In for Shadow Complex and Symphony of the Night next week, and Serious Sam this week. Nice deals, indeed. BTW, is Magic The Gathering worth it for single player alone?[/QUOTE]

Hell yes. Tons of replay value if you like unlocking stuff.

Definitely in for Symphony of The Night, maybe Vandal Hearts and Banjo Tootie, I'll have to try out the demos.

I don't know if anyone said anything about this earlier but I noticed on major nelsons blog, its showing braid's discount price will be 800 points but in this post it says it'll be be 400 points. Braid is 800 points already so it must be some kind of mistake.

[quote name='reddjoey']yes it has. I've changed from 800 to 400 back to 800 and now added a note. I'll adjust when MN updates it.[/QUOTE]

I'll bite at 400 pts but not at 800. Even if it is a recent MSRP price drop, it is still MSRP.

Picked up Duke Nukem even though people told me the PS1 version is better because it has all the levels, it was more expensive though. Will wait on SSHD until that hits 560. These X60 price points piss me off. It will take 5 560 games to equal back out to XX00 balance. I ain't spending money on that cheap shit. 4 560 point games will allow you to reach a X240 balance.

Still need Splosion Man, Trials, and will assess Kingdom for Keflings and Panzer General. Very torn on whether or not to get Vandal Hearts & Crystal Defenders.

[quote name='J7.']Picked up Duke Nukem even though people told me the PS1 version is better because it has all the levels, it was more expensive though. Will wait on SSHD until that hits 560. These X60 price points piss me off. It will take 5 560 games to equal back out to XX00 balance. I ain't spending money on that cheap shit. 4 560 point games will allow you to reach a X240 balance.

Still need Splosion Man, Trials, and will assess Kingdom for Keflings and Panzer General. Very torn on whether or not to get Vandal Hearts & Crystal Defenders.[/QUOTE]
I was really surprised that I liked kingdom for keflings. It isnt my type of game at and I picked it up the last time it went on sale and played it for hours without even realizing how much time was passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back