the Battlestations Midway: Iowa Mission Pack add-on

20 % Discount

Bleh

Week of March 30th:

Xbox Live Arcade Game: Alien Hominid

Original Price- 800 MS Points

Slashed Price- 400 MS Points

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh they need to be more aggressive like PSN. I've bought a lot more things from them since they don't use a stupid point system and have a lot better deals.

Alien Hominid is a great game for those of you who don't have it on ps2 or gamecube. It's also made by the same people that brought us Castle Crashers!!!! I already have it on ps2 but I just might bite.

Thanks OP

If you didn't get signed out of XBOX LIVE when playing an XBOX Original then I would actually buy them. Since you do, no way. Thanks for the post.

Who the fuck approved 20% off Battlestations Midway DLC as a "Deal of the Week"? Seriously, what in the fuck.

[quote name='Tsukento']Would be interested in AH if only it were the XBLA HD version. :([/quote]
...Umm, it is =\ Clearly listed as XBLA (16:9 widescreen & everything), not some Xbox Original (4:3 only).

& with that said, the only good deal. MS seriously needs to give out more deals on GOOD games, can't understand this "1 deal, 1 week" crap.

Yeah, Alien Hominid HD (that's the only version that hit 360 or the original Xbox) at 400 points is by far the best deal here. Probably the best deal they've ever done.

Oh! lol My mistake. That's what happens when I start posting at 4am. :lol: Thanks for clearing that up. I'll gladly jump on that when it comes up.

meh. I would have liked to see Castle Crashers or Penny Arcade cheaper...
Oh well. They don't get my points for the next few weeks.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']If you didn't get signed out of XBOX LIVE when playing an XBOX Original then I would actually buy them. Since you do, no way. Thanks for the post.[/quote]

What's the big deal?

No one should buy the XBOX ORIGINALS version of Fable though. It's not the lost chapters version. Don't know what idiot screwed that up.

[quote name='bh47']meh. I would have liked to see Castle Crashers or Penny Arcade cheaper...
Oh well. They don't get my points for the next few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Well buying Alien Hominid unlocks the character in Castle Crashers...

Sweet. Now I can get the alien in Castle Crashers! I hope that microsoft keeps this going for the rest of the year and double up on deals during the holidays.

[quote name='eastx']Well buying Alien Hominid unlocks the character in Castle Crashers...[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly

in41 AH. In two weeks.

I'm glad Microsoft is giving us some more deals, but many of these sales they have are kind of lame. A few points off DLC for a game I assume no one plays? Alien Hominid is certainly on my radar, though, for $5.

Maybe in for AH, but I've already got a previous version. May do it anyway to upgrade at that price and if it unlocks a character in CC then all the better. Is that the only way to unlock the alien character?

Already have Fable LC. Too bad originals are so overpriced that they are a decent deal on sale. I got FLC for 5.

I'd probably get the Battlestations addon if it wasn't a paltry 20% off. Seriously, when a game's MSRP gets lower as it gets older, the add-on stuff should follow suit as it gets older as well.

Thanks OP.

Luckily I held off on purchasing Alien Hominid earlier in the week. I just finished Castle Crashers and wanted to play something similar. Looks like I'll be waiting.

Glad I held off on jumping for the fuck PGR4 "deal". Now i'll have enough points for Alien Hominoid, Uno Rush, and another 400 point game

Definitely in for Alien Hominid. Seems like everyone these days is trying to put out deals on DL games. The problem is that Steam puts out amazing games like World of Goo for 75% off and TF2 for 50% off, while MS only gives us about one somewhat decent deal per season.

Also the Alien Hominid deal probably has something to do with the fact that Behemoth is announcing their new game soon.

Ah well, nothing amazing. Hope they run the promo in April and we get some good stuff. I'll try the demo of Alien Hominid and see if its any good.

I played the trial and don't care for Alien Hominid but I will be getting it because I want him unlocked on Castle Crashers. Won't be doing the other deals of the week though.

[quote name='Fuzi0n']Ugh they need to be more aggressive like PSN. I've bought a lot more things from them since they don't use a stupid point system and have a lot better deals.[/QUOTE]

Have they had anything recently? I know they were the first to run sales, but I must be missing them.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Have they had anything recently? I know they were the first to run sales, but I must be missing them.[/quote]

PSN doesn't always run sales. At least, not that I have noticed. But it seems like when they do, they put up a bunch of games, and they are often at a price that grabs me. AH definitely interests me, but the other two are just not appealing at all, especially when I get a physical copy of Fable for the same price...maybe less.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I played the trial and don't care for Alien Hominid but I will be getting it because I want him unlocked on Castle Crashers. Won't be doing the other deals of the week though.[/QUOTE]

Only reason I bought it. His blaster adds a different kind of flavor to Castle Crashers.

bread's done
Back