Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

From Major Nelson's Twitter:

"A Kingdom for Keflings is the #XboxLIVE Deal of the Week. It's now 50% off.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-0000584108db?cid=MajorNelson&partner=MajorNelson"

Price shows once you are logged in with your Gold Account.

[quote name='Fighterspledge']No there was no specifications at the time, and they added this just recently:

so all of a sudden everyone not in US or UK who was expecting 800 ms points wont be getting it after all. I'm uploading the screenshots now to my photobucket so you can check it out.[/QUOTE]

This really grinds my gears!!!! For days there was no specifics of how the points would be redeemed or any exclusions and after people purchase a bunch of stuff they post details!!!! Had they posted all exclusions and how points were to be redeemed BEFORE the promotion I would have purchased accordingly!! I will report this to microsoft and write a letter to EA concerning this. This is wildly unacceptable if they do not honor my purchase of 1943 and both Mass Efffect DLC's!

Hell, EA puts up a demo of a game, Battlefield 1943, that a 12-year old (a nephew of mine) can play just fine, and then when that 12 year old buys Battlefield 1943 they can't play it because it requires an EA online account, which wasn't needed for the demo, and that same 12 year old is denied access to the game due to being under 13 years old. Wowzers.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']This really grinds my gears!!!! For days there was no specifics of how the points would be redeemed or any exclusions and after people purchase a bunch of stuff they post details!!!! Had they posted all exclusions and how points were to be redeemed BEFORE the promotion I would have purchased accordingly!! I will report this to microsoft and write a letter to EA concerning this. This is wildly unacceptable if they do not honor my purchase of 1943 and both Mass Efffect DLC's![/QUOTE]

Wow... yeah...I'm fucking pissed now. This won't be tolerated.

edit:

Is there any way for us to get a response from either someone at Microsoft, EA or Major Nelson or something confirming that the sale price for Battlefield will not work for the 800 point bonus, that would help a lot.

If it isn't included I'll grab the next DragonAge DLC and be done with it I suppose. (tho that probably won't count either)

[quote name='uglyteradon']Really hoping EA doesn't decide that screwing anybody who actually waited for the BF1943 sale...[/QUOTE]
Could not get into a single game of Battlefield 1943 last night!
they better fix whatever shit isn't working there, cuz I just bought the game and only played it once.

[quote name='chimpster1313']i didn't see it noted, but battlefield is back to it's original price.[/QUOTE]

u play mw2 on ps3?? i think i played with u, psn id - xxPrey4Deathxx

[quote name='sickle']Could not get into a single game of Battlefield 1943 last night!
they better fix whatever shit isn't working there, cuz I just bought the game and only played it once.[/QUOTE]

I got into several last night; never had a problem, last night or since buying it a couple days ago. I think the inconsistency is more frustrating than if it just wasn't working for everybody.

[quote name='crunchewy']Hell, EA puts up a demo of a game, Battlefield 1943, that a 12-year old (a nephew of mine) can play just fine, and then when that 12 year old buys Battlefield 1943 they can't play it because it requires an EA online account, which wasn't needed for the demo, and that same 12 year old is denied access to the game due to being under 13 years old. Wowzers.[/QUOTE]

Battlefield 1943 is rated T for Teen, which means only children 13 years of age or older should be playing it. Good move by EA in preventing underage sales I say.

[quote name='Porksta']Battlefield 1943 is rated T for Teen, which means only children 13 years of age or older should be playing it. Good move by EA in preventing underage sales I say.[/QUOTE]

You missed the part about how the "underage" kid was allowed to play the demo just fine and without restriction. Nice job, I think you mean, in tricking a 12 year old into spending their points on a game they wouldn't be able to play once they purchased it even though they could as a demo. You also missed the part about how ESRB ratings are a guideline, not a law. You can sit your toddler in front of a TV and give him Manhunt 2 to play if you deem it appropriate. On top of all that, EA's own advice for how to play the game if you are under 13 is to switch to an account that is set up with age 13 or over! Nice way to stick to your guns, EA! ;^) Of course you don't want to use someone elses account, you want to use your own. You know, the one they let you play the demo with.

Wow...
EA's gonna get sued, or atleast they better.
When the deal started, it had no rules or terms and conditions, and they even advertised the game as half price through the deal page.

[quote name='lovick']Wow...
When the deal started, it had no rules or terms and conditions, and they even advertised the game as half price through the deal page.[/QUOTE]

this.
I won't sue though, but I'll definatly be writing some angry letters :)

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']are they gonna release the whole months DOTWs?

is kingdom for keflings any good/fun?[/QUOTE]

Yes buy it now before they decide to bump it back up to 800pts. I've played over 5hrs of the game already within 2 days and I have COD6, super addictive! Probably the only game that's made me put COD down for awhile. Has a Sim City/Sims vibe but the building is more involved than those games. Only other Arcade game that I've played that long is BF1943. The details in the game far outweighs some high end RPG merchant/trade systems. And best part of all, your keflings can collect and upgrade your raw materials for you!

I so would buy this game at 800pts.

Check out metacritic.com for details/average score of 78:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/kingdomforkeflings?q=keflings

[quote name='lovick']Wow...
When the deal started, it had no rules or terms and conditions, and they even advertised the game as half price through the deal page.[/QUOTE]

They actually could get sued, and from what Ive seen its likely the gamers would win! As the T&C were not on at the time of purchase (31st Dec) it can be seen as false advertising or the "Bait and Switch" tactic which is actually freud and illegal, even though the tactic is widely used by retailers.

So technically gamers have the higher ground if they decide to not honour anyone that went with the discounted BF1943 as part of the deal.

For those in the U.S. who were pissed (as I was) that we got a crappy Zune rental in lieu of the half-price Magic: The Gathering DotD, it's this week's Deal of the Week for 400 points. Woohoo!

[quote name='sickle']Could not get into a single game of Battlefield 1943 last night!
they better fix whatever shit isn't working there, cuz I just bought the game and only played it once.[/QUOTE]
I decided to get B:1943 for the PS3 because of that exact same issue. Sometimes on my PS3, if I get kicked out of a game (error or time delay), I have to quit the game and restart it to get into another one. No biggie though compared to the tons of people who have trouble on XBL with it.

I was able to get into battlefield last night, were your from?
1.gif

It isn't just you sickle. It's a widely known problem (which EA for some reason will not fix) with the game on XBL. At first I thought it might have been a settings (on gamers end) issue, but after reading posts on other forums, people changing their settings to try to correct it and other tweaks, I know now it's an EA server problem (why I decided to get it for the PS3 instead).

It's really hit or miss (some don't have problems, others do).

I thought the game was laggy because EA shut down the servers (In typical EA fashion), im running Verizon Fios, and i literally was lagging to the point of disconnection on the 360 version (In the one round i got in, i shot a guy, killed him, froze up, then got booted to the main screen, and couldnt find a match for the rest of the night)

The PS3 version was slightly better, though it loved to disconnect me from PSN for some reason.

Also, Magic seems like a damn good deal for 400 points, im probally gonna buy it (Even though i never played before)

When I play BF 1943 really late at night (past 11pm PST), I have no issues with lag and it runs super smooth. However, any time I try to play during peak hours when there are 11+ players per team, the lag makes it unplayable.

Surprisingly, I've encounter very few d-bags online in BF; far less than a normal FPS attracts. I'm still stumped though as to how people land the plane prop first on the carriers and then get out and shoot you.

[quote name='Tybee']For those in the U.S. who were pissed (as I was) that we got a crappy Zune rental in lieu of the half-price Magic: The Gathering DotD, it's this week's Deal of the Week for 400 points. Woohoo![/QUOTE]

I hope Rez & Braid are the next ones up for the deal of the week then.

[quote name='WTFer']I hope Rez & Braid are the next ones up for the deal of the week then.[/QUOTE]

Those have both been on sale before FYI. Might be a while before another sale but you never know.

bread's done
Back