Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

The Deal of the Week is Shadow Complex for 800 MS Points if you don't already own this game go get it please do yourself a favor. Also the Christmas Deal of the day is Avatar Golf for 200 MS Points it was lowered even further to 160 when I picked it up so if ya hurry and really want that game grab it even cheaper

apologize for the wrong number in there fixed now and I didnt see this posted anywhere hence why I posted it but if it is a repost of the same deal I am sorry

That was the day before yesterday, yesterday's was a Theme that was supposed to be Premium but they're fixing that now, from Larry's twitter:

"If you downloaded yesterday's non-premium theme for free, you can go back and re-download the premium one for free once it's been replaced."

So wait, Shadow Complex shows for 1200 points, UNTIL you finalize the purchase it will display it as 800?

Can anyone confirm this.

UPDATE: The sale price of 800 points is now correctly being displayed.

Anyone play the Avatar Golf? I'm wondering if I play alone, or if it's anything like the Wii sports games where my friends avatars compete with me. Or is that only if they are actually playing the game online with me?

an indie game as a deal of the day? I guess..no achievements, leaderboards, etc..but hey, at least it has co op and online play. anyone else getting this? don't want to waste points and have another arcade game just sit there due to lack of people not playing it online.

[quote name='intoxicated662']an indie game as a deal of the day? I guess..no achievements, leaderboards, etc..but hey, at least it has co op and online play. anyone else getting this? don't want to waste points and have another arcade game just sit there due to lack of people not playing it online.[/QUOTE]

I got it, for like $2 I'll bite. Gives me something to actually do with my avatar then just stare at it and make it dizzy.:lol:

I downloaded the demo for Shadow Complex last week once I found out about it being a future DOTW and it took me roughly 10 seconds of play to realize I'd buy it.

And now I have. Thanks, CAG.

Does Worms 2 show up for 400 pts still for anybody else? its still showing at 400 pts even after 2 days.
Hopefully this is a permanent drop.

Shadow Complex + Worms 2 = 1200pts, cant beat that. :)

[quote name='LosMerengues']Does Worms 2 show up for 400 pts still for anybody else? its still showing at 400 pts even after 2 days.
Hopefully this is a permanent drop.

Shadow Complex + Worms 2 = 1200pts, cant beat that. :)[/QUOTE]

It did for me. After my earlier bitching, I went online to grab Shadow Complex and checked Worms 2 out of spite. It was 400.

I wound up getting them both as well.

I have to wait until I get home to get Shadow Complex. It is finally at a reasonable price. 1200 ($15) was too much although it is a good game.

is Shadow Complex really worth it? I've got around 3500 points to spend...but i feel as if getting SC will be a waste for a future release DLC.

I've never played Metroid or any other game that people say SC is made after, but I honestly think Metroid looks like a stupid game.

Anyways, I have DA:O, MW2, L4D2, and AC2 to play...so buy or not buy?

[quote name='jcp42877']is Shadow Complex really worth it? I've got around 3500 points to spend...but i feel as if getting SC will be a waste for a future release DLC.

I've never played Metroid or any other game that people say SC is made after, but I honestly think Metroid looks like a stupid game.

Anyways, I have DA:O, MW2, L4D2, and AC2 to play...so buy or not buy?[/QUOTE]

Try the demo?

[quote name='jcp42877']I've never played Metroid or any other game that people say SC is made after, but I honestly think Metroid looks like a stupid game.[/QUOTE]
lol, Metroid stupid... good one.

[quote name='jcp42877'] but I honestly think Metroid looks like a stupid game.
[/QUOTE]

I'd really like to know how old you are.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I'd really like to know how old you are.[/QUOTE]

im 20....sure, i might not be the oldest, but after several game vids, i can tell that Metroid isn't my cup of tea in a game....

and it's not like i havent played enough games...because i played tons of old school PC games growing up, along with several PS1 games, N64, etc....

[quote name='jcp42877']and it's not like i havent played enough games...because i played tons of old school PC games growing up, along with several PS1 games, N64, etc....[/QUOTE]

Ugh... you just made me feel really old. I remember getting a NES for christmas.... and that was to replace my Atari and Intellivision.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I guess these deals are only for Gold subscribers?[/QUOTE]

These deals are ALWAYS only for Gold members.

Avatar Golf? For an indie game it seems polished enough to warrant $2 in points I have laying about. I love arcade golf games like that.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I guess these deals are only for Gold subscribers?[/QUOTE]

Deal of the Week = Gold only
Deal of the Day = Gold & Silver

[quote name='goengland']Anybody knows if those 2 days gold trial card will also give me the discount for 800 pts on Shadow Complex?[/QUOTE]

No they don't. They only let you play online but does not make you a gold member.

Avatar Golf? While golfing on giant floating islands sounds fun, it usually takes a while for these kinds of nonsensical license games to show up. Guess Cameron's got even more production costs to offset than we thought.

Yes, I know it's not THAT Avatar.

well if the pattern is free, reduced XBL game, free...hopefully some ppl do get the opp to get Trials HD for less than >. As for avatar golf, if I didn't have Wii sports resort, I might be tempte...oh wait, nope. I think the golf game is more of an inside joke because of Tiger.

Wow, I didn't realize these deals were fro gold members only. I just bought 1600 points specifically for the Shadow Complex sale. That's pretty pathetic Microsoft, you just insured I will never be paying for your "service." Bad enough that you hold off on demos that I can get on my PS3 for free.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']Is Avatar Golf any good?[/QUOTE]

yes/try the demo...

Each indie game has a demo mode...most let you play the full game for 8 minutes and then cuts you off.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Are DOTWs available to the temporary 1-month gold accounts for new subsribers?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am currently on the one month plan and just picked up Shadow Complex for 800.

If 48-hour trials will allow you to get the Gold discounts, I've got a few of those laying around if anyone needs them.

I just realized it was an indie game. If I can't whore it for achievements, not really worth it for me. I'll just play Tiger Woods instead. My avatar isn't having affairs with multiple women; he's just a wolf.

Tiger > My Avatar

[quote name='JJSP']If 48-hour trials will allow you to get the Gold discounts, I've got a few of those laying around if anyone needs them.[/QUOTE]

I tried and nothing. So lame, how the hell can we experience Gold if you barely could do anything :bomb: Guess Im gonna have to buy a year at the end of this week :drool:

Chris, I did the exact same thing! I am pissed.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Wow, I didn't realize these deals were fro gold members only. I just bought 1600 points specifically for the Shadow Complex sale. That's pretty pathetic Microsoft, you just insured I will never be paying for your "service." Bad enough that you hold off on demos that I can get on my PS3 for free.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrwogs2']Chris, I did the exact same thing! I am pissed.[/QUOTE]

Reading comprehension -- it's a beautiful thing:

From the original post

"DOTW are Gold Members only but DOTD are for everyone"

Probably going to wait till the last day to get Shadow Complex... just to see if anything better pops up outta the Deals of the Day. (dont have a lot of points left)

bread's done
Back