Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

[quote name='mivan83']or you can watch Stargate:Contiuum in HD if you have neflix on your xbox anytime for free[/QUOTE]

Or watch it on the sci fi channel for free if you have cable.:bouncy:

Deal of the Day - Stargate: Continuum Standard Def Rental for 80 Microsoft Points???
stinky_woman.jpg

I thought this was to own, not to rent. That makes this crap deal some how worse. And really, I wasn't let down when Worms 2 was on sale despite owning it. It should be games and dlc going on sale in the DotD, since DotW is always games or dlc.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']I thought this was to own, not to rent. That makes this crap deal some how worse. And really, I wasn't let down when Worms 2 was on sale despite owning it. It should be games and dlc going on sale in the DotD, since DotW is always games or dlc.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that is the exact reason why they are not all games or dlc.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Okay, I'll argue. Castle Crashers. ;)[/QUOTE]

To each their own. I hated Castle Crashers, and regret the money I dropped on it. Not to mention the fact that the multiplayer was effectively broken for like the first nine months of its release.

[quote name='Tybee']To each their own. I hated Castle Crashers, and regret the money I dropped on it. Not to mention the fact that the multiplayer was effectively broken for like the first nine months of its release.[/QUOTE]

I was happy with it... granted I got on it late after Behemoth was so nice to give me both packs for free. They are great to their community. Plus, the game was fun for story + coop.

As for today's deal, I am disappointed. I wish they would just stick to games/dlc/theme/avatar items.

I'll agree that the broken multiplayer put made me jaded on CC, but having played it recently with friends over LIVE, I was happy with my purchase

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, everyone. Even though these are supposed to be Deals of the "DAY", the deal is still on for Worms 2: Armageddon; I just bought it for the deal price of 400 points despite it being valid only for December 19th.

I bought both Shadow Complex and Avatar Golf. Golf is pretty good, very much like HSG, and the potential for downloading or building new courses is interesting (hope they're free).
I also had tried SC and didn't really feel it from the demo, but I was up till 0100 last night playing it. Fun, although I don't like "backtrack to all previous levels in order to break into this one door you couldn't until you got this weapon in level 4" thing.

[quote name='pmodq']Hi, everyone. Even though these are supposed to be Deals of the "DAY", the deal is still on for Worms 2: Armageddon; I just bought it for the deal price of 400 points despite it being valid only for December 19th.[/QUOTE]

+1 Just checked it out. Worms 2: Armageddon is still showing 400 msp for me also. I will get it if the price stays for 2 more days and I find some Points in my stocking.

[quote name='panda911']From the link on the dashboard, this comes up for free, so maybe not the worst deal ever.[/QUOTE]

-1 shows 80 msp for me.

Perhaps discounts on games and DLC won't come till the second week of the daily deals thing since Shadow Complex is getting all the attention and love right now. I mean, it wouldn't make much sense to give really good daily deals when you are trying to get people to buy Shadow Complex. Furthermore, a lot of people and sites are praising it in their "2009 games of the year" list.

At least, I hope that is what they are doing cause I was excited about these daily deals when I first heard about it...not so much now.

Honestly, just put Turtles in Time Reshelled on sale for 400 points and all will be forgiven microsoft.

Cool, thanks to that Target deal, I'm gonna get this while it's on sale. It's one of the best 360 Arcade games IMO.

[quote name='goatwoody']

Honestly, just put Turtles in Time Reshelled on sale for 400 points and all will be forgiven microsoft.[/QUOTE]

Save your MS points. One of the biggest disappointments of the gaming year IMO.

[quote name='msdmoney']I would love to see the numbers on the assumption that xbla games have "consistent" monthly sales. If anything I would guess that most xbla games just sit and languish once they make it out of the top charts, or highlighted recent games lists. Most of them are probably desperate for a sale or promotion to get them back into the spotlight for some sales.

I think the main difference between the two is that Valve is in a highly competitive PC space with Impulse, D2D, etc. while Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo still see the downloadable space as an afterthought to the physical media market. If Microsoft was really pushing xbla deals they would make it available to silver members, instead of using the weekly deals as a means to push gold memberships. Plus once you've chosen a console platform, they really have your money locked to them, unless you own all the systems you're stuck buying content only from the platform holders store (mostly).

And your example of Psychonauts and Thief 3 isn't very accurate, you act as if Steam only has 5+ year old games on sale. Have you seen what Valve offers in weekly deals? Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, STALKER, Mirror's Edge for $5, Overlord 1 and 2 for $8.75 total, and Direct2Drive selling World in Conflict Complete for $5 and Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena for $5. That's not to mention the multiple 3-4 month old games that are offered 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Also, if you go by Major Nelson's Top 10 "most games played" and "most arcade games purchased" lists that he puts up, you will find that there are only a few games that have consistently been in the top ten. Two consistent sellers are Castle Crashers and Trials HD. Another one that had some longevity was Battlefield 1943. Those are some of the exceptions. Most games appear at the top of the list when they debut (obviously) but are gone in a week or two. A lot of games could benefit from a discount to spike sales. I mean, why the hell is something like assault heroes 2 NOT discounted? It came out, what, a year and a half ago and has NEVER been on sale. It is one of the better games offered! Just sayin.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Cool, thanks to that Target deal, I'm gonna get this while it's on sale. It's one of the best 360 Arcade games IMO.

Save your MS points. One of the biggest disappointments of the gaming year IMO.[/QUOTE]

Remember when it was originally set at 1200 points? YIKES!

[quote name='goatwoody']Honestly, just put Turtles in Time Reshelled on sale for 400 points and all will be forgiven microsoft.[/QUOTE]

Not worth that much. It's such a soulless HD-ism of one of my favorite arcade games.

Just downloaded Shadow Complex as I needed something to play. :D

Also.. has anyone else had trouble downloaded the avatar glasses and premium theme today? I've had them in my download queue on the days they were offered but was unable to download them when I signed onto XBL today. Boo-urns!

[quote name='TortillaSoup']Not worth that much. It's such a soulless HD-ism of one of my favorite arcade games.[/QUOTE]

I will say i loved the Turtles in Time on SNES, but i still got a lot of enjoyment out of Reshelled.

[quote name='mis0']Just downloaded Shadow Complex as I needed something to play. :D

Also.. has anyone else had trouble downloaded the avatar glasses and premium theme today? I've had them in my download queue on the days they were offered but was unable to download them when I signed onto XBL today. Boo-urns![/QUOTE]

Once midnight rolls around you can't download those items anymore. I added the 2010 glasses to my queue that morning but didn't sign onto until after midnight the first day and got an error saying it was unavailable and the item was pulled from my queue. I haven't tried to redownload from my purchase history so I wonder if that might work.

I own it already, but today is a winner!

Marvel vs Capcom 2 for 560 space bucks http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/us-GB/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-000058410976?cid=SLink

Also a supposed list leaked the other day that everyone thought was fake b/c yesterdays deal didn't match up. However turns out other regions did in fact get Rez. Stolen from Eurogamer, this list is probably not 100%, and probably either came from EU or ASIA territory. Also the BF1943 original price is wrong.

22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400
23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560
24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400

damn I regret paying 1200 points for mvc2. @ 560 points aka $7 it is definately worth it! hope that leaked list you provided evophile is very accurate. if so, i'd pick up secret of monkey island, magic the gathering and the rolling stones live track pack. it looks like a fairly good lineup to me. I already have everything else :)

[quote name='intoxicated662']damn I regret paying 1200 points for mvc2. @ 560 points aka $7 it is definately worth it! hope that leaked list you provided evophile is very accurate. if so, i'd pick up secret of monkey island, magic the gathering and the rolling stones live track pack. it looks like a fairly good lineup to me. I already have everything else :)[/QUOTE]

Same here. Like you, I actually own that whole list aside from Monkey Island and Magic and Gh5 DLC (I dont have the game)

So you know, watch the Monkey Island and Magic be replaced by a a 60 pt Miley Cyrus music video and a 80pt premium theme from Gears of War 2 in the North America Region.

[quote name='evophile']I own it already, but today is a winner!

Marvel vs Capcom 2 for 560 space bucks http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/us-GB/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-000058410976?cid=SLink

Also a supposed list leaked the other day that everyone thought was fake b/c yesterdays deal didn't match up. However turns out other regions did in fact get Rez. Stolen from Eurogamer, this list is probably not 100%, and probably either came from EU or ASIA territory. Also the BF1943 original price is wrong.

27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400[/QUOTE]

if this list is true you just made me a very happy camper. been waiting on braid and castle crashers to go on sale for a while now. was almost going to buy braid on the steam sale, but now i'm not so sure. i wish we got Rez HD though...

[quote name='evophile']I own it already, but today is a winner!

27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400

I have highlighted why this list is fake. Now please return to your normal lives.

[quote name='KingBroly']I have highlighted why this list is fake. Now please return to your normal lives.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I pointed that out in my original posting of that list.

However Asia and Portugal got Rez. And we all got MVC2 today. That thing was pointed out as fake the second everyone saw the BF1943 thing, but now there's some second guessing.

I just thought I'd post it here because now at least it might give us an idea of what to expect, but I do not believe its going to be 100%.

rez yesterday http://i48.tinypic.com/11mffab.jpg

[quote name='evophile']29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560

Hoping the list is right. If so I'll be getting at least Braid, and perhaps Castle Crashers and Battlefield 1943 as well. I'll have some points cards from xmas, so perfect. I do need to allot points for 'Splosion Man and Trials HD DLC first, though. I was hoping that 'Splosion Man would be on the list, but I'll take the above.

Also, last night I tried the Maw demo and I'm not sure about that game. The demo wasn't really all that fun - seemed a bit like busy work - and man is that game ugly. You can see the beginnings of the style shown in 'Splosion Man, but it's not quite there yet. The Maw himself is great, but the world and other characters... ugly. I think I'll save my 400 points and put it toward 'Splosion Man.

Will be interesting to see how the territories match up. REZ was part of the Xmas sale last year and I grabbed it then. Curious if they repeat sales or not. Grabbing Marvel vs Capcom. Great price.

Marvel V Capcom 2 is over 50% off for the DOTD. I assume it's 560 points, but can't see it on my 360 since it's already been purchased.

If that list is correct, then I will needing some points...

Anywho, I encourage everyone to get MvC 2! Fun game that is easy to pick up but hard to master.

PS If someone picks Cable, use Iceman.

[quote name='mbartholow']Will be interesting to see how the territories match up. REZ was part of the Xmas sale last year and I grabbed it then. Curious if they repeat sales or not. Grabbing Marvel vs Capcom. Great price.[/QUOTE]

If the list was posted before any deals went live it may at least be partly legit. I'm really surprised the discount that MvC2 got. I certainly think it's lucky if someone guessed that it would be on the list after the junk that had been coming.

Honestly, anyone who has yet to or is on the fence about picking up Shadow Complex, I'd suggest RUNNING to either put this in your que, or jumping onto XBL and snatching it immediately!

Great Game!

This is trueand i love the MvC2 discount, it's not 13.9% of some crappity crap. Def not complaining, just curious which territories need sales boosts on which titles!

[quote name='Fatbot3']If the list was posted before any deals went live it may at least be partly legit. I'm really surprised the discount that MvC2 got. I certainly think it's lucky if someone guessed that it would be on the list after the junk that had been coming.[/QUOTE]

The list was posted on the 21st where everyone immediately said it was fake because
1. the BF1943 price error
2. Like you said, MS has been offering up crap aside from Worms 2 and you wouldnt think they'd choose good stuff the rest of the way.

People thought it was further fake when Rez didn't show up and we got Stargate. Turns out Asia and other places got Rez though. Then everyone got MVC2 today.

So we'lll see, I'm sure something will change, but at least it seems to be getting better than what has come before.

Honestly, I have almost all of those arcade games but I would still be content with the rest of this list being real. I could buy Castle Crashers for my GF and brother, maybe I really should pick up a points card for my brother for X-Mas.

It's time to get back online MvC2, tonight.

Oh man. MvC2 at that price is nasty awesome. I've already had the game since the day it was released, but you can't go wrong picking it up now. Even if you're on the fence about it.

Oh, and if that list is even like 80% real, CC on the 30th is some definite gettin got.

[quote name='Penguin1084']WOW! that's an amazing price on mvc2. too bad I already paid $15 for it on release day :\[/QUOTE]

Same here. Such a classic. I wish the PS3 version would drop to seven bucks too.

Picked up Shadow Complex last night. It was particularly great for me because I had already planned on buying it when I got back from college, and the first week I am, it's on sale! :D

So far the only DotD I've picked up is the New Year's theme (BTW, redownload it to get the premium theme if you haven't already). I forgot about the DotD thing the first day so I missed out on the avatar glasses.

I am REALLY hoping that list is correct from here on!!....
Of all of the remaining days, everything I do not already have, I have been waiting to go on sale... This list gives me a LOT to be excited about!
I am going to be buying SO MUCH MORE is that list is correct!!!!!
(btw - just got MvC2 and can't wait to get home to play it!)

The only reason I'd give that list some potential props is if it called out the drop to 560 points. That's kind of an odd number. If a game was 1200 points, maybe it drops to 600 or 500. But 560?? If the original list maker nailed that before the sale, I think he may be on to something...

bread's done
Back