Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

If that "leak" is accurate, there will be some games I need to buy shortly. Monkey Island, Castle Crashers for example. Maybe some fallout DLC, if it's Point Lookout or Broken Steel.

Ahhh, why can't I buy 1600 points off Amazon with my gift cards. I wanted to purchase Shadow Complex since it came out, but have been waiting for a sale.

Darn, wanted to be done buying games here for awhile. But, grabbing Secret of Monkey Island and Magic (both games I almost bought at 800, and would have if time permitted) at half price. Might have to splurge. Castle crashers at 560 almost seems like a no brainer too. Might download them, then hold on and play them into January-February, when the Christmas games finish up.

How is MvC2 anyone? I got Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix from the RE5 token card...and i found it very hard to play...

i dont wanna have to go buy a $30 fightpad just for one game to make it easy....can you play it with normal wireless controllers?

560 msp is a helluva deal...just wanting to make sure i dont miss out on something good

[quote name='jcp42877']How is MvC2 anyone? I got Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix from the RE5 token card...and i found it very hard to play...

i dont wanna have to go buy a $30 fightpad just for one game to make it easy....can you play it with normal wireless controllers?

560 msp is a helluva deal...just wanting to make sure i dont miss out on something good[/QUOTE]

MvC2 does nothing to improve the worthless Dpad on the 360 controller.

If you found SSF2HD too difficult/frustrating I'd advise skipping MvC2. Of course, you don't have to take my word for it. There is a demo available.

this was posted on microsoft's page for the deal http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/holidayextravaganza/default.htm

Trying to peek into our bag of goodies? No way! We’ll give you some hints though. Think Guitar Hero®, new avatar accessories, Fallout, and New Year’s Eve!

You only have one day to snag each offer, so be sure to log on to Xbox LIVE for the daily offer.

I think that pretty much confirms the GH5 Rolling Stones pack and the Fallout3 DLC from the list.

[quote name='mxmarks']Wonder what the fallout DLC is. Zeta is the only one I don't have...[/QUOTE]

Right now each of the Fallout add-ons are 800pts/each so I bet this means they are half price. I hope that list is real because I want castle crashers.

OK, now this is more like it. I'm crossing my fingers we see that discount across all Fallout DLC (since it doesn't specify), cause then I'd get the rest of them.

For now, I'll minus out 560 spacebucks for MvC2. Good times.

I'd love to think that list is real, and they've hinted some of it is.....but I can't see them making such a drastic swing for the remainder of the days.

[quote name='kklems']Once midnight rolls around you can't download those items anymore. I added the 2010 glasses to my queue that morning but didn't sign onto until after midnight the first day and got an error saying it was unavailable and the item was pulled from my queue. I haven't tried to redownload from my purchase history so I wonder if that might work.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me but I already missed the 2010 glasses. For the 2010 theme, all I did was go back on the computer and redownload it. It should say "already purchased" and tell it to download again. I went back to the Xbox and I got the free theme.

[quote name='eastx']Just buy a fightpad and be done with it. That will curb future complaining. They're only $20 at BestBuy now.[/QUOTE]

Are they $20 everywhere or is this YMMV? They're still $40 on their website.

a curious thing happened when i bought shadow complex. i had the demo already on the hard drive. i went on my computer to marketplace.xbox.com and bought it there. i expected my xbox to download the license or whatever when i turned it on, but it decided to download the full game instead. i guess i have to go through "unlock" instead of buying it off the marketplace.

[quote name='stikmanrp']Are they $20 everywhere or is this YMMV? They're still $40 on their website.[/QUOTE]

I think that price as pretty common at any Best Buy's.

[quote name='eastx']Or you could buy a decent controller. We've been over this.[/QUOTE]

There's no need to be rude.

You make a good point though. A fightpad would be a good investment if you are interested in fighting games on the 360. I have one and love it dearly.

Yay, no more bitching!

Bought MvC2. It's a lot different than I expected, in a good way. I wish all of the characters weren't already unlocked, though.

[quote name='Furian']There's no need to be rude.

You make a good point though. A fightpad would be a good investment if you are interested in fighting games on the 360. I have one and love it dearly.[/QUOTE]

Aww, I only said it like that because you complained about the controls right after I recommended some dude get a better controller.

I understand that playing fighting games on the stock Microsoft pad is a drag, but since many better control solutions are available I feel no sympathy for people who complain about the stock pad. People who actually want better controls can get them, and that's the end of it.

Sorry for coming across as rude though.

To add to "the list is realz" evidence I submit this:

The Xbox LIVE Holiday Deals keep coming! For today only, download UNO RUSH for ½ the price and extend your family fun time.

That was posted by MS on the official Xbox feed on Facebook. We all know it's not today's deal, but compare it to the list

BTW MvC2 is a steal at that price, but not for more than that.

Yeah couldn't pass up that deal on MVC2, sucks the 360 has a horrible D-Pad. For 560 points though I can't complain.

[quote name='evophile']I own it already, but today is a winner!

Marvel vs Capcom 2 for 560 space bucks http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/us-GB/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-000058410976?cid=SLink

Also a supposed list leaked the other day that everyone thought was fake b/c yesterdays deal didn't match up. However turns out other regions did in fact get Rez. Stolen from Eurogamer, this list is probably not 100%, and probably either came from EU or ASIA territory. Also the BF1943 original price is wrong.

22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400
23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560
24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400[/QUOTE]

If this list is true then Battlefield 1943 is also part of EA's Buy 3 Get 800 Microsoft Points Back which supposedly starts on Christmas Day. Battlefield 1943 will probably go on sale tomorrow now that I've mentioned it. I wouldn't mind Madden Arcade (first to 30 points wins) going for 560 MicroSoft Points (versus the 1200 M$ Points it is currently). That would be a winner IMHO. I can probably hold off on Madden Arcade until the 31st (just in M$ and EA slip it in for me sometime in the next week).

Is MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2 like one of those old Arcade Fighter games (i.e. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but I also seem to recall a Superhero game -- maybe it was the X-Men and Wolverine). Hmmm, anything with Wolverine in it seems like it should be a definite buy at 53.33% off.

[quote name='bilbo']Is MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2 like one of those old Arcade Fighter games (i.e. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but I also seem to recall a Superhero game -- maybe it was the X-Men and Wolverine). Hmmm, anything with Wolverine in it seems like it should be a definite buy at 53.33% off.[/QUOTE]

No, it's a fighting game. Kinda like Street Fighter, but on crack.

Crap, I'm about to buy another fighting game that I'm going to utterly suck in. Ironically, this is about when I bought SFIIHDR last year, new Christmas tradition established.

Edit: and of course as soon as I buy it, I get it offered in a trade, fml

[quote name='bilbo']If this list is true then Battlefield 1943 is also part of EA's Buy 3 Get 800 Microsoft Points Back which supposedly starts on Christmas Day. Battlefield 1943 will probably go on sale tomorrow now that I've mentioned it. I wouldn't mind Madden Arcade (first to 30 points wins) going for 560 MicroSoft Points (versus the 1200 M$ Points it is currently). That would be a winner IMHO. I can probably hold off on Madden Arcade until the 31st (just in M$ and EA slip it in for me sometime in the next week).

Is MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2 like one of those old Arcade Fighter games (i.e. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but I also seem to recall a Superhero game -- maybe it was the X-Men and Wolverine). Hmmm, anything with Wolverine in it seems like it should be a definite buy at 53.33% off.[/QUOTE]
if real i cry :( No trials HD!

MVsC2 for 560 Shadow Complex for 800 and using my 4000 points card I got for Christmas last year priceless!! These deals are awesome. MY TE stick get to get a workout!!!

Awesome deal!!! I couldn't justify buying MVC2 before, I've had it on Dreamcast since it came out (and I still play the hell out of it there)... but the inclusion of online play, the lowered price, and the free points from the Doritos promotion made this the biggest no brainer ever.

If the list is right, I'll be grabbing Magic the Gathering as well. Already have Braid, Castle Crashers and Monkey Island.

Awesome, i'll go grab a 1600 card after work and get MvC2 and Warden's Keep, then i'll get Mothership Zeta on the 27th if the list is correct.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']Hey, Marvel vs Capcom 2! Since it was 1200 it's probably going to be 80-HJKASDHASJKXWHATTHEWHAT

In for a billion.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I didn't pay for my copy in the first place (got the point card with a free FYE gift card), but I still feel like I overpaid somehow.

Magic The Gathering is completely addictive and well worth the 500 points. As for the rest of the sale...if the list pans out I think I'm going to limit myself to Castle Crashers, and maybe Battlefield 1943. Steam is already going to consume enough of my money as it is.

I feel like an idiot because I just bought Zeta and Broken Steel, the only 2 pieces of the Fallout DLC I didn't own, last week. Could have saved $10. :(

Got MvC 2 so I can play with the Ragtag CAG's on my fightpad as I usually only buy fighting games on the PS3.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Hmmm guess I'll have to get MvC2 and find a decent stick or fight pad.[/QUOTE]

The MadCatz line for fighting games is awesome. If you're content with just a pad get that but if you're going to get a stick, go ahead and get the TE. They go on sale periodically online or you might find a good deal on one on EBay/here on CAG.

[quote name='wowimsocute']a curious thing happened when i bought shadow complex. i had the demo already on the hard drive. i went on my computer to marketplace.xbox.com and bought it there. i expected my xbox to download the license or whatever when i turned it on, but it decided to download the full game instead. i guess i have to go through "unlock" instead of buying it off the marketplace.[/QUOTE]

It did the same thing to me but I bought mine from my Xbox 360. I had the demo but once I bought it it seemed to download the whole game again.

bread's done
Back