Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

Dude, IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!!!!

What a fantastic deal! I already have the game for my PS3, but at that price, I'm seriously considering buying it again. fuck. Yes.

You NEED to get it if you don't already have it, it's probably the best fighting game on the XBLA besides Super Street Fighter HD.

For those of you who already have the PS3 verson of MvC2, would you jump on the 360 version as well since it's only $7 today? Any reason to/not to?

I bought MvC2, and I'm not even huge on fighting games. For all of the hype, I couldn't skip it.

If the list is real, I'm in for Fallout's Mothership Zeta, BF1943, and probably Monkey Island too. I've already got Castle Crashers, but the rest of those deals look absolutely fantastic.

Question: Im seeing a lot of people saying they purchased the DOTW online when it was valid and when they signed days later it got removed from their queue. I purchased MVC2 today and im currently away on vacation and wont be back until the 30th. When I sign on then will I have problems downloading it like the free glasses/theme etc...?

Ranked matches and online play in general is better for mvc2 on xbox 360. People on ps3 ragequit like crazy. i mean like 95% of them. Since you can make new accounts and the online feedback system is non existent on psn, people are free to quit and not give you the win on psn as often as they please with no penalty.

[quote name='eau']For those of you who already have the PS3 verson of MvC2, would you jump on the 360 version as well since it's only $7 today? Any reason to/not to?[/QUOTE]

I had points in my account so I went for it even though the D-pad on the PS3 is superior (and I have a TE fightstick on the PS3). I mean, the game is madness and having it on another system can't hurt

Actually, it will hurt because this will end with me buying another fightstick or fightpad for the 360. Damn.

wow, these deals are amazing!! very tempted. Looking at you Shadow Complex and MvC2.

I picked up 3200 points (2 x 1600) from that Target web-coupon deal. Trying to save them for the RE5 expansions will be tough.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Question: Im seeing a lot of people saying they purchased the DOTW online when it was valid and when they signed days later it got removed from their queue. I purchased MVC2 today and im currently away on vacation and wont be back until the 30th. When I sign on then will I have problems downloading it like the free glasses/theme etc...?[/QUOTE]
If you've purchased it online, you should be able to re-queue it either from the website or from your DL history once you're back in town.

You have to be a gold member for the deals of the week sale? I guess I need to find a trial.... dang. I will just get MvC2 for now I suppose.

[quote name='Bretts31344']You have to be a gold member for the deals of the week sale? I guess I need to find a trial.... dang. I will just get MvC2 for now I suppose.[/QUOTE] FYI - I am afraid Free Gold trials don't work with DOTW. I believe you have to at least have a 1 month paid Gold subscription.

[quote name='James in VA']Really torn about MvC2. I love me a bargain but I suck really bad at fighting games. Still, when will I see this game this cheap again?[/QUOTE]

You should get it now :D

unless it's a popcap arcade game, there's little chance a XBL deal will repeat once it's on the bidding block since there's so many other games and other DLC they can put in its place. (i.e. popcap aracade games being just bundled on a disc for retail vol X etc)

So if you don't bite when it's available, save your pts for another deal and kiss this one goodbye.

[quote name='eau']For those of you who already have the PS3 verson of MvC2, would you jump on the 360 version as well since it's only $7 today? Any reason to/not to?[/QUOTE]

I wanted to get it for PS3 but after seeing this for 560 points I am considering getting it for the 360 too. And if that leaked list is legit, I should might as well go for it. Wish R-Type Dimension was on sale for that price :bouncy:

[quote name='Diebythesword']I wanted to get it for PS3 but after seeing this for 560 points I am considering getting it for the 360 too. And if that leaked list is legit, I should might as well go for it. Wish R-Type Dimension was on sale for that price :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Wha wha what ! Did i miss something ?

[quote name='whywakeup']Wha wha what ! Did i miss something ?[/QUOTE]

Ya, forgot what post it was but there was a leaked list with games but had weird dates on it, like Rez was supposed to be yesterday, and I guess Asia got it? Maybe we will get it later :drool: But it did show MvsC2 and the announced Battlefield

MvC2 is a nice surprise today. At first I thought it was 560 on sale from 800, but 560/1200 is like ~53% in savings! I bought the SFIV TE stick on impulse for SSFII (haven't picked up SFIV yet), so I think this will be a nice play with that.

[quote name='knotfan123']i would buy MvC2 if i wasnt so sure about the achievements...really lame i know...any feedback?[/QUOTE]

They're difficult at best, borderline impossible if you're not an expert at the game.

Buy it regardless.

At 560, I couldn't resist MvC2...I was a little wary after the crap experience I had with SFIV, but it seemed to control pretty nicely. Finally, a DotD I actually feel good about. :twisted:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']They're difficult at best, borderline impossible if you're not an expert at the game.

Buy it regardless.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm not good at the game at all, but I love it. I think I have 2 Achievements, but I don't care a bit. I need a fightpad. :) (closest Best Buy is over an hour away.)

[quote name='xlaxparkax']If you don't get MVC2 and Shadow Complex at those prices, you're definitely a retard. Those are the best games on XBLA right now. Shit, if you have 1,600 MS points, you'll even have some spare change to buy some "indie" games or shitty clothes for your avatar after you get them both.[/QUOTE]

Unless you just don't like Metroid style platforming or 2D fighters, that is...then you'd be a retard for buying them at any price just because everyone else is. :roll:

oh god oh god oh god, my :360: is on its way back from the repair center. I hope it arrives later today so I can get MvC for cheaps and not miss out.

[quote name='Mike Toole']oh god oh god oh god, my :360: is on its way back from the repair center. I hope it arrives later today so I can get MvC for cheaps and not miss out.[/QUOTE]

Cant you just queue it up on their website to lock it in? That way when you get your xbox back it will just download when you sign into live.

[quote name='Mike Toole']oh god oh god oh god, my :360: is on its way back from the repair center. I hope it arrives later today so I can get MvC for cheaps and not miss out.[/QUOTE]

just log in to xbox.com and purchase it there (shows up as 560pts), then download it when you get your xbox back

[quote name='monkeystud']Cant you just queue it up on their website to lock it in? That way when you get your xbox back it will just download when you sign into live.[/QUOTE]

Yup. That's normally what I do now.

[quote name='mfitzmorris']Ehh, going to skip MvsC2, waste of points IMO

because I own a MAME cab :D[/QUOTE]

The active & robust online community on Live would disagree with you. Plus True Widescreen :)

BTW where is this leaked list everyone is talking about?

[quote name='evophile']I own it already, but today is a winner!

Marvel vs Capcom 2 for 560 space bucks http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/us-GB/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-000058410976?cid=SLink

Also a supposed list leaked the other day that everyone thought was fake b/c yesterdays deal didn't match up. However turns out other regions did in fact get Rez. Stolen from Eurogamer, this list is probably not 100%, and probably either came from EU or ASIA territory. Also the BF1943 original price is wrong.

22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400
23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560
24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WTFer']The active & robust online community on Live would disagree with you. Plus True Widescreen :)

BTW where is this leaked list everyone is talking about?[/QUOTE]

See above.

Also, it was mentioned in the thread yesterday, but the Worms 2 for 400 points is still active. Was just clicking links in the OP and saw it come up 400. The junk stuff is back to normal. Go figure.

edit:
thanks salty tbone :)

Crossing fingers for:
Braid
Castle Crashers
The Secret of Monkey Island

All being true.

My friend will be happy IF Castle Crashers is true. I will Admit, I'm glad with the deals I got. I bought Worms 2, MvC 2, and Shadow Complex. For the prices I was happy but I was not paying anything more honestly. I will buy the Maw as well when it goes on sale since I got 400 points left over

I just accidently saw this thread, and I had 600 pts left in my account. Ended up getting MvC2, great deal! Castle crashes and bf1943 are great deals too if the leaked list ends up being accurate.

[quote name='prateeko']I had points in my account so I went for it even though the D-pad on the PS3 is superior (and I have a TE fightstick on the PS3). I mean, the game is madness and having it on another system can't hurt

Actually, it will hurt because this will end with me buying another fightstick or fightpad for the 360. Damn.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I finally went for it :)

I'm glad that I remembered to check this thread before midnight. I picked up MvC2 and Shadow Complex. The decision to buy them was a no-brainer since I just picked up a free points card from Target.

didn't end up liking castle crasher to much personally. just felt boring to play, almost miserable with the atmosphere and stuff. Not saying the people who made didnt make a compelling well worked game, just felt like a task to play for me so its currently a regret of my live purchases. Got shadow and am definitly planing on braid.

[quote name='officerrickyross222']is marvel going to be 560 all day long today ??[/QUOTE]

It was 560 yesterday, new deal is supposed to start today. But then again people are saying Worms 2 is still 400 and that deal was supposed to end days ago.

[quote name='doodofdoods']It was 560 yesterday, new deal is supposed to start today. But then again people are saying Worms 2 is still 400 and that deal was supposed to end days ago.[/QUOTE]

thx really hope its still stays 560 alread have on p3 but wouldnt mind it on the 360 to play with other friends :bouncy:

bread's done
Back